logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ALX  
#1 Posted : 31 July 2009 06:09:49(UTC)
ALX

Groups: Registered
Man

Who actually thinks the world will end in December 2012? I don't.
RP Only Since July 2010

The Owner Of:

Long Nights- [alt-rock/post-grunge- think Foo Fighters meets Creature with the Atom Brain] MTN Climber
-Ryan Page: Vocals/Guitar/Keys
-Warren Mcgriff- Guitar
-Christopher I. Myers- Bass
-Blake Renwick- Drums

The World According To St. Jimmy- [Pop-punk/punk- Think Green Day meets Social Distortion]
-Michael "Dog" Bryant: Vocals
-Shawn "Shady" Harris: Guitar
-Jeff Zamora: Bass
-Karl Hine: Drums

forkboy wrote:
STOP MISSING THE FUCKING POINT YOU INTENTIONALLY OBTUSE BUFFOON

Paradox wrote:
*Shotgun clicks*

Dont mess with prog

The Skulls wrote:
Why thank you. Wait, if I'm alive then -- oh lawdy BRRRAAAAIIINZZZ

Offline xNightsidex  
#2 Posted : 31 July 2009 06:19:20(UTC)
xNightsidex

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Why on earth was this made in SERIOUS debate?!
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#3 Posted : 31 July 2009 06:27:05(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#4 Posted : 31 July 2009 06:33:43(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
LMAO at Steph!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline troymazing  
#5 Posted : 31 July 2009 06:34:18(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
GirlSpice wrote:
LMAO at Steph!

LMFAO
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

#6 Posted : 31 July 2009 06:34:31(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

GirlSpice wrote:
LMAO at Steph!

At or with because I'm still laughing my ass off.
Offline GirlSpice  
#7 Posted : 31 July 2009 06:53:21(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
LMAO at Steph!

Was laughing at the pic you posted, so with :D.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline Aj  
#8 Posted : 31 July 2009 08:08:14(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
GirlSpice wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
LMAO at Steph!

I lol'd Steph, and i REALLY lol'd.

& Lewis, it is serious debate because if we're talking about the Mayan calender and Nostradamus it's all quite 'deep maan'. Innit :P

Edited by user 31 July 2009 08:10:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : 31 July 2009 08:14:53(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Aj wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
LMAO at Steph!

& Lewis, it is serious debate because if we're talking about the Mayan calender and Nostradamus it's all quite 'deep maan'. Innit :P

Lmao, I scroll up and look at it and I still laugh like the first time.
User is suspended until 11/08/4747 07:32:36(UTC) TP  
#10 Posted : 31 July 2009 08:17:15(UTC)
TP

Man

Aj wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
LMAO at Steph!

Well, if we were Mayan, we'd worry about it, but we aren't.
UserPostedImage

Singles Certified By BPI:

"Bats!" (Silver)UK
"Ballad of the Fallen" (Silver)UK
"Split Up" (Silver)UK (Silver)World

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
Offline Aj  
#11 Posted : 31 July 2009 08:31:03(UTC)
Aj

Man

TP wrote:
Aj wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
LMAO at Steph!

More recent academic scholars of Maya civilization have disputed the apocalyptic interpretation of the Long Count calendar end-date, insisting that it simply marks a resetting of the calendar to Baktun 13.0.0.0.0,[7] rather as the units and tens columns of a car's odometer reset to zero each time a hundred miles are completed. They also argue that the Long Count calendar does not end on 13.0.0.0.0.[8] Scholars such as Linda Schele and David Freidel[9] cite the Mayan inscription Coba Stela 1, which features the date 13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.0.0.0.0. In Mayan mythology, this date represents the age of the previous world at its ending. Because the Mayan calendar is cyclical, the above dating will also, of necessity, mark the end of the present Long Count cycle and the beginning of the next. With each column equal to twenty times its predecessor, this date lies some 41,341,049,999,999,999,999,999,994,879 years in the future, or 3 quintillion times the scientifically accepted age of the universe.

My argument against the Mayan Calander theory (off wikipedia.) I think it beats your's TP ;)
#12 Posted : 31 July 2009 08:36:48(UTC)
TP

Man

Aj wrote:
TP wrote:
Aj wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
LMAO at Steph!

More recent academic scholars of Maya civilization have disputed the apocalyptic interpretation of the Long Count calendar end-date, insisting that it simply marks a resetting of the calendar to Baktun 13.0.0.0.0,[7] rather as the units and tens columns of a car's odometer reset to zero each time a hundred miles are completed. They also argue that the Long Count calendar does not end on 13.0.0.0.0.[8] Scholars such as Linda Schele and David Freidel[9] cite the Mayan inscription Coba Stela 1, which features the date 13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.0.0.0.0. In Mayan mythology, this date represents the age of the previous world at its ending. Because the Mayan calendar is cyclical, the above dating will also, of necessity, mark the end of the present Long Count cycle and the beginning of the next. With each column equal to twenty times its predecessor, this date lies some 41,341,049,999,999,999,999,999,994,879 years in the future, or 3 quintillion times the scientifically accepted age of the universe.

My argument against the Mayan Calander theory (off wikipedia.) I think it beats your's TP ;)

Their calendars were based on harvest, and on a full earth rotation around the sun. Mayans had their own beliefs, which aren't our beliefs. So what if it reaches that date? It just will reach it. Nothing more. There is no possibility that it will happen. There might be a nuclear war, but with the cold war over, those chances are slim. Besides, people kept saying the world is going to end millions of times before. Did it ever happen? No, it didn't.

Edited by user 31 July 2009 08:37:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

"Bats!" (Silver)UK

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
Offline Aj  
#13 Posted : 31 July 2009 08:40:16(UTC)
Aj

Man

TP wrote:
Aj wrote:
TP wrote:
Aj wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
LMAO at Steph!

Their calendars were based on harvest, and on a full earth rotation around the sun. Mayans had their own beliefs, which aren't our beliefs. So what if it reaches that date? It just will reach it. Nothing more. There is no possibility that it will happen. There might be a nuclear war, but with the cold war over, those chances are slim. Besides, people kept saying the world is going to end millions of times before. Did it ever happen? No, it didn't.

Well, your point about there beliefs isnt neccesarily true, because who says that just because we have different religeons to them that they werent right. Also, the nuclear war possibility is in fact far from slim, with things in Iran going ape shit and North Korea being n00bz, it's a lot more than slim.
#14 Posted : 31 July 2009 08:47:40(UTC)
TP

Man

Aj wrote:
TP wrote:
Aj wrote:
TP wrote:
Aj wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
LMAO at Steph!

Well, your point about there beliefs isnt neccesarily true, because who says that just because we have different religeons to them that they werent right. Also, the nuclear war possibility is in fact far from slim, with things in Iran going ape shit and North Korea being n00bz, it's a lot more than slim.

First of all, man ain't these debates fun? Secondly, Iran & North Korea can't possibly start a nuclear war in the next two years. Even if they do, It' not going to be world shattering. Iran is right next to US-conquered (and yes, I see Iraq, Kuwait, & Afghanistan as conquered because US conquered them because the US wanted them democratic), so they'd be quickly beaten, and North Korea, cmon, China, Japan, South Korea, Russia, some US islands also nearby. And thirdly, they were right that exactly the year Cortes came was when a god would come and destroy them, but they though Cortes was a god, so in some sense they were right, but still, I don't believe their entire religion, nor do I believe many other religion because some of them sound foolish to me. Some religions like the Mayan and the Ancient Greek ones, they thought up all these gods made this and that because they had no science to prove what really happened when they made a fire, or when there was an earthquake, or a storm. They thought the gods had power to do all of this.
UserPostedImage

"Bats!" (Silver)UK

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
Offline Aj  
#15 Posted : 31 July 2009 09:07:53(UTC)
Aj

Man

TP wrote:
Aj wrote:
TP wrote:
Aj wrote:
TP wrote:
Aj wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
LMAO at Steph!

First of all, man ain't these debates fun? Secondly, Iran & North Korea can't possibly start a nuclear war in the next two years. Even if they do, It' not going to be world shattering. Iran is right next to US-conquered (and yes, I see Iraq, Kuwait, & Afghanistan as conquered because US conquered them because the US wanted them democratic), so they'd be quickly beaten, and North Korea, cmon, China, Japan, South Korea, Russia, some US islands also nearby. And thirdly, they were right that exactly the year Cortes came was when a god would come and destroy them, but they though Cortes was a god, so in some sense they were right, but still, I don't believe their entire religion, nor do I believe many other religion because some of them sound foolish to me. Some religions like the Mayan and the Ancient Greek ones, they thought up all these gods made this and that because they had no science to prove what really happened when they made a fire, or when there was an earthquake, or a storm. They thought the gods had power to do all of this.

Who's to say God doesnt? Why does God have to be your/christian opinion of him? Maybe no ones right? Maybe science IS god, thats my opinion anyway.
#16 Posted : 31 July 2009 09:10:12(UTC)
TP

Man

Aj wrote:
TP wrote:
Aj wrote:
TP wrote:
Aj wrote:
TP wrote:
Aj wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
LMAO at Steph!

Who's to say God doesnt? Why does God have to be your/christian opinion of him? Maybe no ones right? Maybe science IS god, thats my opinion anyway.

First of all, I'm not christian, I'm a reformist. And secondly, god IS science, not science is god.
UserPostedImage

"Bats!" (Silver)UK

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
Offline Aj  
#17 Posted : 31 July 2009 09:17:36(UTC)
Aj

Man

TP wrote:

First of all, I'm not christian, I'm a reformist. And secondly, god IS science, not science is god.

I disagree, I dont think that God's a concious being, everything we believed that we thought was made by god was proven in fact to be made by science, however who's to say that isnt a god? Who's to say that science has to be exact about everything and not philosophical. Why couldnt the Big bang have been god? Why does God have to be a little man with a white beard and a deep voice? No religeon is correct, and to be honest if we ever do understand god before its our time that whatever it is wants us to, I think it will be a darn let down to all religeons, and i think it will be a bloody shame. Wheres the excitemant of knowing everything?.
#18 Posted : 31 July 2009 09:32:39(UTC)
TP

Man

Aj wrote:
TP wrote:

I disagree, I dont think that God's a concious being, everything we believed that we thought was made by god was proven in fact to be made by science, however who's to say that isnt a god? Who's to say that science has to be exact about everything and not philosophical. Why couldnt the Big bang have been god? Why does God have to be a little man with a white beard and a deep voice? No religeon is correct, and to be honest if we ever do understand god before its our time that whatever it is wants us to, I think it will be a darn let down to all religeons, and i think it will be a bloody shame. Wheres the excitemant of knowing everything?.

I simply believe that god made everything. I mean, someone had to have made everything. I don't necessarily see how it formed to be alone. I just don't believe almost all of the stories in bibles and in torahs. I don't believe Moses made the waters rise, possibly just a metaphor that someone from the Israelites documented while on the run or so.
UserPostedImage

"Bats!" (Silver)UK

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK
Offline Aj  
#19 Posted : 31 July 2009 09:34:50(UTC)
Aj

Man

TP wrote:
Aj wrote:
TP wrote:

I simply believe that god made everything. I mean, someone had to have made everything. I don't necessarily see how it formed to be alone. I just don't believe almost all of the stories in bibles and in torahs. I don't believe Moses made the waters rise, possibly just a metaphor that someone from the Israelites documented while on the run or so.

The bible makes a hell of a lot more sense if you take everything as metaphorical, and not 'this is exactly how it happened'.
#20 Posted : 31 July 2009 09:36:52(UTC)
TP

Man

Aj wrote:
TP wrote:
Aj wrote:
TP wrote:

The bible makes a hell of a lot more sense if you take everything as metaphorical, and not 'this is exactly how it happened'.

Yes, the bible is a book about life lessons.
UserPostedImage

"Bats!" (Silver)UK

Albums Certified By BPI:

White Rain (Silver)UK
DreamScape (Silver)UK
Just Suck It! (Silver)UK