logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gildermershina  
#61 Posted : 07 August 2009 20:22:15(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Anyone can sound smart over the internet retard.

Except you apparently.

OH NO HE DI'N'T!

If I sound dumb, then being Gay is wrong.

Oh no She Didn't.

Are you saying being Gay is Wrong?

Um, didn't think so.

That's a logical fallacy. You can be right while still sounding stupid and you can be wrong while sounding smart. I mean politicians do the latter on a daily basis.

The moral concept "being gay is wrong" is not in any way related to your intelligence. They have no effect on each other. Taking one and coming away with the other is just not possible in any way, shape or form. Because smart people can be wrong sometimes, and idiots can be right sometimes. Nobody is perfect.

Plus it was a joke. I took the opportunity for a throwaway gag.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#62 Posted : 08 August 2009 01:54:45(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Anyone can sound smart over the internet retard.

Except you apparently.

OH NO HE DI'N'T!

If I sound dumb, then being Gay is wrong.

Oh no She Didn't.

Are you saying being Gay is Wrong?

Um, didn't think so.

That's a logical fallacy. You can be right while still sounding stupid and you can be wrong while sounding smart. I mean politicians do the latter on a daily basis.

The moral concept "being gay is wrong" is not in any way related to your intelligence. They have no effect on each other. Taking one and coming away with the other is just not possible in any way, shape or form. Because smart people can be wrong sometimes, and idiots can be right sometimes. Nobody is perfect.

Oh shut the hell up. If you had a brain you would know is called a joke. In this case your being the idiot that is wrong and I'm the smart one thats being right.
Offline Rincewind  
#63 Posted : 08 August 2009 08:56:04(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
ahem..... Back on topic please.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline sharinganerror  
#64 Posted : 08 August 2009 14:03:17(UTC)
sharinganerror

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
troymazing wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
Gays kill.... eachother. one word=AIDS two words=really sick.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!?!?!?!?
(I just decided to give this thread a read...)

Where the hell is Lewis?
Why is he not banned?
We got warned, but WHAT THE FUCK!

Heteros, like Cam said, get AIDs too! Steph, Stacy, Bik, Miles, and YOU (as well as EVERYONE ELSE!) has the same chance of getting AIDs that I do!!! Fuck ashflasjdfghwqjkanslgaweprwjenweAP'SFJBLERHGSFJN I hate you.

I meant like only 1 partner, if you only had 1 which you were both eachothers first and only, chance of AIDS=0% 1 and only gay partner=after awhile=AIDS
Offline sharinganerror  
#65 Posted : 08 August 2009 14:07:07(UTC)
sharinganerror

forkboy wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

1. God was disappointed with Cain's sacrifice because Cain was a lazy bastard who gave God his old rotten fruit, not the best of what he worked for. Abel, on the other hand, gave his most prized lamb that was in a sense because he WASN'T a lazy bastard. Cain got mad at Abel, when he should've been angry with himself, and killed him. God got pissed because, HELLO, Abel didn't do anything wrong, but Cain was already digging his grave. 2. Ok, the BIBLE was written before that stupid book, J.R.R. Tolkien is and was known for inadvertently plagiarizing the scripture and making his own fiction with it. 3. God was only ok with incest because there were no fucking people on earth except for noah and his family after the flood, 98% or something near that had been obliterated, he wasn't gonna let humanity end like that. Gays kill.... eachother. one word=AIDS two words=really sick.

OK, in the gratitude that you are actually answering my points unlike someone else, I'll grant you the first one, though I mean the idea of animal sacrifice is kinda insane anyway, but that's just personal opinion. So OK, maybe Cain was just being lazy and that's what hacked off the big man.

Point 2, yeah, me referencing The Silmarillion is just me being a dick. Mainly its the way that they both start off with a list of names, and it doesn't make for a particularly enthralling read. But it does get better later on. But yeah, the opening few chapters of the Silmarillion clearly do owe alot to the Bible, Genesis in particular.

Point 3. Can't agree. God allegedly killed 99.9999999999% of the population in the flood. Which of course is another example of his genocidal ways that I totally forgot about, somehow. But yeah, after a little research I've found that Lot was the nephew of Abraham, and he came 11 generations after Noah, so lot was 12 generations. If we work from current numbers like an average of 2 kids per family (obviously alot more in those days) & a lifespan of 75 years (also, considerably more in those days, Noah lived for nearly 1,000 years apparently), well work out the size of the family tree yourself. It'd have gotten to the stage that it really doesn't count as incest. I mean incest is between close blood relations, your brother/sister, mother/father, 1st cousins, aunts & uncles would all count as well. But once you get much further down the family tree than that it's really not such a big deal, and that was where they were by the time that Lot's daughters slept with him.

You have to remember that denying the fact that he is GOD is like saying Abraham Lincoln didn't unlawfully fight the confederacy like a fascist.
Offline troymazing  
#66 Posted : 08 August 2009 14:09:33(UTC)
troymazing

Man

sharinganerror wrote:
I meant like only 1 partner, if you only had 1 which you were both eachothers first and only, chance of AIDS=0% 1 and only gay partner=after awhile=AIDS

Gays have the SAME chance of contracting AIDs as heterosexuals.
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline forkboy  
#67 Posted : 08 August 2009 17:43:37(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
sharinganerror wrote:

Yeah, that's not how you get AIDS or else the first recorded cases would be from 3000 years ago, the Greeks were well known man lovers for example. Which is funny as the first time something akin to AIDS creeps into medical records was in the 1950s. AIDS is caused by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), a virus which attacks the immune system. Of humans. Indescriminately. Doctors believe that HIV is a mutated form of Simian Immounodeficiency Virus (SIV) which has mutated to humans twice in slightly different forms, HIV-1 (from chimps) & HIV-2 (from Sooty Mangabey, which is a monkey in west Africa). It would have first mutated into a virus that can be transmitted to humans some point from the late 19th century and the early 20th when a hunter killed a chimp with the mutated strain of SIV, got cut and then while butchering the animal his blood mixes with it's, or something else along those lines.

Absolutely none of that has anything to do with sexuality. NOTHING. If both partners do not have HIV or AIDs going into the relationship, and they stay together as a monogomaus couple for their whole lives, the only chance they have of getting HIV is through contaminated blood in a blood transfusion, but that tends to be filtered out nowadays, most countries will test you before you donate blood so that if you have any illness you are not illegible, and you certainly aren't OK to give blood if you have HIV or AIDS.

sharinganerror wrote:
You have to remember that denying the fact that he is GOD is like saying Abraham Lincoln didn't unlawfully fight the confederacy like a fascist.

You are right. But not in the way you think, both of your statements are very silly things to say. I mean it was also very unlawful for the confederacy to break away from the union. There is no hard evidence that there is a god or a multitude of gods, and so it comes down to a matter of personal choice whether you believe which ever holy book is thrown in front of you, or not. Of course, I'd compare belief in a god to be on a par with belief in the Roswell Conspiracy or the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot or many other ventures into fantasy where "I've seen him" but there is still a real lack of good evidence either way. When something as big as god is a matter of faith, I'm a skeptic, I've been brought up to admire the scientific method, and this means that I need empirical, observable data.

Oh, and your definition of fascism is really lacking. Fascism is a political ideology that combines authoritarianism, nationalism, imperialism and economic corporatism, not really how I'd describe Lincoln's policy, never mind that the fascist ideology wasn't really codified until the 1910s. But that's just me nit-picking.
Offline Aj  
#68 Posted : 08 August 2009 20:27:34(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
troymazing wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

Well, if you look at it from a scientific point of view, if Gay's can only have anal sex, they are more likely because the tissue up your bum is a lot weaker than up a fanny. Sorry for not saying anus and vagina, I just though I'd sound like a bit of a prick :P

So, if heterosexuals have the option of anal or vaginal sex, and say only 1/5 heterosexuals have anal sex, gay people are going to be more likely to contract AIDS than heterosexuals.

If you see my point.

But, once you get someone with AIDS, and you have any type of sexual activity with them, your pretty fucked anywany. Mind the pun. :P
Offline Gildermershina  
#69 Posted : 08 August 2009 21:39:39(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
sharinganerror wrote:

Yeah but you can hardly blame Lincoln for the Civil War. And good old southern folk forget that he was a Republican, and they were the Democrats.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Rincewind  
#70 Posted : 09 August 2009 01:53:28(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Aj wrote:
troymazing wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

Well, if you look at it from a scientific point of view, if Gay's can only have anal sex, they are more likely because the tissue up your bum is a lot weaker than up a fanny. Sorry for not saying anus and vagina, I just though I'd sound like a bit of a prick :P

So, if heterosexuals have the option of anal or vaginal sex, and say only 1/5 heterosexuals have anal sex, gay people are going to be more likely to contract AIDS than heterosexuals.

If you see my point.

But, once you get someone with AIDS, and you have any type of sexual activity with them, your pretty fucked anywany. Mind the pun. :P

not really... Its the underside of the forskin thats a nice weak place. Hence people who get circumcised have a muchless chance of catching HIV than someone who isn't.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Aj  
#71 Posted : 09 August 2009 05:53:50(UTC)
Aj

Man

Rincewind wrote:
Aj wrote:
troymazing wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

If you see my point.

not really... Its the underside of the forskin thats a nice weak place. Hence people who get circumcised have a muchless chance of catching HIV than someone who isn't.

Hmmm, but we learnt in school that your ass is the weakest? Oh well. School knows nothing :L
Offline xNightsidex  
#72 Posted : 09 August 2009 07:37:38(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Aj wrote:
Rincewind wrote:
Aj wrote:
troymazing wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

If you see my point.

Hmmm, but we learnt in school that your ass is the weakest? Oh well. School knows nothing :L

While it's true the anus is weak, Rince is correct in saying the foreskin is actually a weaker point to harbour infection. There's also the factor of how rough you are with someone, so if you're *careful* (as with everything, hah), you're fine.

Aside from that, everyone has the option to get screened for STI's :| And there's just as much naivity from both demographics in those that choose not to though they may be harbouring whatever.

Edited by user 09 August 2009 07:38:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sharinganerror  
#73 Posted : 11 August 2009 02:02:58(UTC)
sharinganerror

Gildermershina wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

Yeah but you can hardly blame Lincoln for the Civil War. And good old southern folk forget that he was a Republican, and they were the Democrats.

forgive me, but that sounded really... and I mean really stupid... even coming from you...
Offline Lepelbos  
#74 Posted : 13 August 2009 11:44:27(UTC)
Lepelbos

There is no god, there is no heaven, there is no hell. Jezus was Julius Caesar. When we die we are food for worms. Nothing more.
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Captain Insano  
#75 Posted : 13 August 2009 12:54:04(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
So are you saying that Jesus was an exterminating, power hungry maniac?
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline sav  
#76 Posted : 13 August 2009 14:19:19(UTC)
sav

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
i think i will say i believe in the laws of thermodynamics, though i'm still learning about them. i believe our energy transforms into something else. i don't think i can say i believe in an afterlife, and being an anti-religion boy and an atheist, i don't believe in any god, heaven or hell. though it would be nice to know what happens next. but that's the beauty of it: not knowing.
Offline forkboy  
#77 Posted : 13 August 2009 19:07:53(UTC)
forkboy

sav wrote:
i think i will say i believe in the laws of thermodynamics, though i'm still learning about them. i believe our energy transforms into something else. i don't think i can say i believe in an afterlife, and being an anti-religion boy and an atheist, i don't believe in any god, heaven or hell. though it would be nice to know what happens next. but that's the beauty of it: not knowing.

Oh shit man, when the laws of thermodynamics gets brought up in religious debate I get awfully wary. I've heard the laws willfully misunderstood by radical creationists far, far, too many times now. Whittering on about closed systems and entropy and how a closed system cannot grow increasingly more complex through time which disproves evolution. Ignoring the sun. Which is a source of energy and thus means we do not live in a closed system.

And yes, of course you believe in the laws of thermodynamics sav, because it's a really robustly tested element of science, worked out by many great names through history. Any body who does not believe in them is a quack with either little grasp on reality, or at least absolutely no understanding of chemistry.
Offline Until Sacrifice  
#78 Posted : 13 August 2009 19:33:34(UTC)
Until Sacrifice

Man

Okay, I don't get HOW this became a gay bash fest, but you all need to get your heads on straight. If you were talking about lesbians all of you would be happy as hell, so until you prove you don't support lesbians or bi women, shut the fuck up about male homosexuality. That's one thing I've noticed everywhere, a double standard among gender. If you hate one, hate the other. Homosexuality is homosexuality if it's men or women, so choose your side of the turf and stick there.

Now that I'm done with that rant...

In my belief, There is a Jesus, there is a God. It is proven Jesus DID exist, there are historical frickin records of the guy. As far as what happens when we die, I believe that good people, AKA good of mind and heart, will go to heaven, those that are evil, who kill, who do those such things will perish. I don't think it depends on religion at all. If you're a good person, you meet God himself, if you're bad, you turn to dirt.
Until Sacrifice (genre: Thrash) consists of

* James Reed (Guitar)
* Allen Fars (Backup Guitar/ Vocals)
* Tobby Nickels (Drums)
* Nick Higley (Bass)
* Justin Fournier (Lead Vocals)
Offline forkboy  
#79 Posted : 13 August 2009 20:05:18(UTC)
forkboy

Until Sacrifice wrote:

In my belief, There is a Jesus, there is a God. It is proven Jesus DID exist, there are historical frickin records of the guy. As far as what happens when we die, I believe that good people, AKA good of mind and heart, will go to heaven, those that are evil, who kill, who do those such things will perish. I don't think it depends on religion at all. If you're a good person, you meet God himself, if you're bad, you turn to dirt.

Yeah, big whoop. I exist, I've claimed divinity before, doesn't actually make me the son of God. Plenty of so-called prophets over the years, especially in the Holy Land 2,000 years ago. My point being that few athiests will doubt jesus existed. It's his claims to be the son of God we tend to doubt, as well as claims like turning water into wine and walking on water and the whole resurrection nonsense.

Edited by user 13 August 2009 20:06:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Aj  
#80 Posted : 13 August 2009 20:26:57(UTC)
Aj

Man

forkboy wrote:
Until Sacrifice wrote:

Yeah, big whoop. I exist, I've claimed divinity before, doesn't actually make me the son of God. Plenty of so-called prophets over the years, especially in the Holy Land 2,000 years ago. My point being that few athiests will doubt jesus existed. It's his claims to be the son of God we tend to doubt, as well as claims like turning water into wine and walking on water and the whole resurrection nonsense.

I believe Jesus existed definitely, and I believe he did help many people and was a lovely guy. However thats it. I think he just was a nice guy who founded Christianity. But his story has been abused and changed by people in those times who were more believing in myths and such.