logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline forkboy  
#81 Posted : 13 August 2009 21:32:09(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Hell, Christianity as we know it was formed by the Roman emperors like Constantine. They changed Christianity from essentially a sect of Judaism to what it is now. Including the possibility of the addition of the story of the resurrection, revelations, etc.
Offline Priest  
#82 Posted : 13 August 2009 22:35:37(UTC)
Priest

Man

no, the stories of ressurection and Christ himself were made before the romans
Stronghold - death metal with eastern and heavy metal influences

Witchcult - stoner/oldschool heavy/doom metal

Infernal Tribute - darkly humourous death metal/alternative/progressive
Offline forkboy  
#83 Posted : 13 August 2009 23:05:42(UTC)
forkboy

Ah well, could be wrong about the resurrection. I was confusing it with certain sects of early Christian belief which didn't actually believe in the resurrection.
Offline Lepelbos  
#84 Posted : 14 August 2009 00:02:28(UTC)
Lepelbos

Captain Insano wrote:
So are you saying that Jesus was an exterminating, power hungry maniac?

Yes maybe. Who says someone is the son of a god is indeed power hungry. Maybe he was just a jewish rebel used by the romans? Maybe he didn't exist at all? Maybe Jezus was not Ceasar but only a copy of Ceasar? Caesar was murdered in 44 BC. A great temple was built for him on the Forum Romanum. His cult was especially popular in the eastern part of the Roman Empire and suddenly stopped in the last quarter of the first century AD, when Christianity became popular. The Christians are first mentioned (and persecuted) in the time of Emperor Nero (54-68 AD), the last emperor of the Julian-Claudian house which descended from Caesar. I can imagine that Caesar became a kind of oriental fertility god and that Jesus later took over this function. I can imagine that under these circumstances another murder victim - Jesus - took over the empty place. It is possible that at this time hardly anything was known about the real Jesus and that elements from Caesar's life were woven into the biography of Jesus.

I don't know what the truth is? Christians say they KNOW the truth. That's the difference between them and me. All i know is that there are connections between the Roman Empire and Christianity. After all the Roman Emperors we got Popes.

B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#85 Posted : 14 August 2009 01:30:36(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Priest wrote:

Yes, those stories come from pre-Roman pagan traditions, Osiris, Dionysus among others.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline sharinganerror  
#86 Posted : 14 August 2009 02:56:55(UTC)
sharinganerror

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Gildermershina wrote:
Priest wrote:

Yes, those stories come from pre-Roman pagan traditions, Osiris, Dionysus among others.

Most information(what you call stories) was lost and/or distorted in the Inter-Testamental periods.. besides, even the Old Testament contained prophecy for Christ's birth, resurrection, and ascension.
Offline forkboy  
#87 Posted : 14 August 2009 04:53:40(UTC)
forkboy

sharinganerror wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
Priest wrote:

Most information(what you call stories) was lost and/or distorted in the Inter-Testamental periods.. besides, even the Old Testament contained prophecy for Christ's birth, resurrection, and ascension.

No, the Old Testament contained many prophecies. Christianity has merely been pushed into the area of one of those prophecies sometime after Jesus and his original apostles had all died.

Lets keep in mind that the New Testament was not even put together until the end of the 4th century AD. It was well edited before that point to fit the agenda of then emerging Roman controlled church.

Offline sav  
#88 Posted : 14 August 2009 16:10:43(UTC)
sav

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
sav wrote:
i think i will say i believe in the laws of thermodynamics, though i'm still learning about them. i believe our energy transforms into something else. i don't think i can say i believe in an afterlife, and being an anti-religion boy and an atheist, i don't believe in any god, heaven or hell. though it would be nice to know what happens next. but that's the beauty of it: not knowing.

Oh shit man, when the laws of thermodynamics gets brought up in religious debate I get awfully wary. I've heard the laws willfully misunderstood by radical creationists far, far, too many times now. Whittering on about closed systems and entropy and how a closed system cannot grow increasingly more complex through time which disproves evolution. Ignoring the sun. Which is a source of energy and thus means we do not live in a closed system.

And yes, of course you believe in the laws of thermodynamics sav, because it's a really robustly tested element of science, worked out by many great names through history. Any body who does not believe in them is a quack with either little grasp on reality, or at least absolutely no understanding of chemistry.

i didn't mean "believe" as its literal meaning. well, it's easier for me to debate and explain myself in spanish. plus, i do not have the energies to come and debate right know. just to say that.

don't go mad with me. :(
Offline forkboy  
#89 Posted : 14 August 2009 20:08:45(UTC)
forkboy

sav wrote:
forkboy wrote:
sav wrote:
i think i will say i believe in the laws of thermodynamics, though i'm still learning about them. i believe our energy transforms into something else. i don't think i can say i believe in an afterlife, and being an anti-religion boy and an atheist, i don't believe in any god, heaven or hell. though it would be nice to know what happens next. but that's the beauty of it: not knowing.

Oh shit man, when the laws of thermodynamics gets brought up in religious debate I get awfully wary. I've heard the laws willfully misunderstood by radical creationists far, far, too many times now. Whittering on about closed systems and entropy and how a closed system cannot grow increasingly more complex through time which disproves evolution. Ignoring the sun. Which is a source of energy and thus means we do not live in a closed system.

And yes, of course you believe in the laws of thermodynamics sav, because it's a really robustly tested element of science, worked out by many great names through history. Any body who does not believe in them is a quack with either little grasp on reality, or at least absolutely no understanding of chemistry.

i didn't mean "believe" as its literal meaning. well, it's easier for me to debate and explain myself in spanish. plus, i do not have the energies to come and debate right know. just to say that.

don't go mad with me. :(

Hah. No, that's understandable if English isn't your first language. Though I just had to go on a little rant of my own because you inspired me ;)
Offline herrfische777  
#90 Posted : 19 August 2009 21:26:41(UTC)
herrfische777

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
In my opinion you die and that's it. Nothing else.

Seeing as this post has turned into another religion/belief post, I might as well have a rant. I cannot stand people who stop you in the street saying things like "you're going to hell if you don't believe in god or jesus" or those who knock on your door trying to spread "the word". I don't want to know the word. I've had enough of religion. Religion is bullshit. I was christened a Roman Catholic and all through school and college i've had the bible thrown at me and religion forced onto me. I choose not to believe and I don't need people telling me i'm gonna burn if I am an atheist or people saying i'm a bad person or an evil man. I'm not evil or a bad person so to all those religious nutters FUCK OFF YOU DON'T KNOW ME. Yeah sure I might burn when I get cremated but not in some made up fantasy called Hell. Someone mentioned earlier that 80-90% of the modern world will be going to hell anyway if it existed. Even the Pope will go seeing as he was a Nazi. And before anyone starts slagging me off cos i'm calling the Pope a Nazi, I know he was forced into it but he was still part of the regime so it's no excuse in my opinion. Other Nazi officers stated they were only following orders and got hung for war crimes. I just hate the way that some people think they are holier than thou just because they believe. I I had my way there would be no religion. Then there would be peace. Religion breeds hate. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Religion causes trouble throughout the world than enough. Look at Northern Ireland, Isreal and the rest of the Middle East, 9/11 etc. I know that most are due to fundamentalist and extremist views but it is my opinion that if there was no religion then there wouldn't be any need to fight or inflict views on the world.

Rant over. I'll have a fag now
UserPostedImage

HERR FISCHE

Featuring the following bunch of freaks:

Chris 'Herr Fische' Fisher: Vocals/Keyboards/Piano etc
Paul 'Foetus' Fisher: Multi Instrumentalist/Electric Wizard/Audio Abuse
Kii Kii Lii: Lead Guitar/Sitars/Background Vocals
Thomas 'TomTom' Thompson: Rythym Guitars/All other stringed instruments
Mr Unknown: Bass Guitar/ Double Bass/Background Vocals
Brenda Hatch: Drums/Drum Machines/Percussion

Band Status:

Building Bridges
Offline sharinganerror  
#91 Posted : 21 August 2009 03:31:38(UTC)
sharinganerror

Gildermershina wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
1. God was disappointed with Cain's sacrifice because Cain was a lazy bastard who gave God his old rotten fruit, not the best of what he worked for. Abel, on the other hand, gave his most prized lamb that was in a sense because he WASN'T a lazy bastard. Cain got mad at Abel, when he should've been angry with himself, and killed him. God got pissed because, HELLO, Abel didn't do anything wrong, but Cain was already digging his grave.

And then he cursed Cain by making him black and sent him into exile in Africa?

sharinganerror wrote:
2. Ok, the BIBLE was written before that stupid book, J.R.R. Tolkien is and was known for inadvertently plagiarizing the scripture and making his own fiction with it.

No he isn't and wasn't.

sharinganerror wrote:
3. God was only ok with incest because there were no fucking people on earth except for noah and his family after the flood, 98% or something near that had been obliterated, he wasn't gonna let humanity end like that. Gays kill.... eachother. one word=AIDS two words=really sick.

AIDS has nothing to do with being gay. That it had such an impact on the gay community was an accident.

1. You are fucking hilarious because of how irrespective you are becoming.

2.Yes he is and was.

3.Accident? I think not, if you think about it... the virgin hetero's chances of get AIDS from a virgin hetero are really 0%.. Now promiscuous heteros and homos I do agree that the chances are high. If AIDS came from monkeys how the fuck did it spread to random people? Shouldn't it have completely spread to the major population by now? How many people actually cut/fuck monkeys?
Offline sharinganerror  
#92 Posted : 21 August 2009 03:33:10(UTC)
sharinganerror

herrfische777 wrote:
In my opinion you die and that's it. Nothing else.

Seeing as this post has turned into another religion/belief post, I might as well have a rant. I cannot stand people who stop you in the street saying things like "you're going to hell if you don't believe in god or jesus" or those who knock on your door trying to spread "the word". I don't want to know the word. I've had enough of religion. Religion is bullshit. I was christened a Roman Catholic and all through school and college i've had the bible thrown at me and religion forced onto me. I choose not to believe and I don't need people telling me i'm gonna burn if I am an atheist or people saying i'm a bad person or an evil man. I'm not evil or a bad person so to all those religious nutters FUCK OFF YOU DON'T KNOW ME. Yeah sure I might burn when I get cremated but not in some made up fantasy called Hell. Someone mentioned earlier that 80-90% of the modern world will be going to hell anyway if it existed. Even the Pope will go seeing as he was a Nazi. And before anyone starts slagging me off cos i'm calling the Pope a Nazi, I know he was forced into it but he was still part of the regime so it's no excuse in my opinion. Other Nazi officers stated they were only following orders and got hung for war crimes. I just hate the way that some people think they are holier than thou just because they believe. I I had my way there would be no religion. Then there would be peace. Religion breeds hate. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Religion causes trouble throughout the world than enough. Look at Northern Ireland, Isreal and the rest of the Middle East, 9/11 etc. I know that most are due to fundamentalist and extremist views but it is my opinion that if there was no religion then there wouldn't be any need to fight or inflict views on the world.

Rant over. I'll have a fag now

Now I pretty much agree with what you're saying, I still don't agree with the hell not existing part.
Offline forkboy  
#93 Posted : 21 August 2009 05:09:09(UTC)
forkboy

sharinganerror wrote:

AIDS has nothing to do with being gay. That it had such an impact on the gay community was an accident.

2.Yes he is and was.

3.Accident? I think not, if you think about it... the virgin hetero's chances of get AIDS from a virgin hetero are really 0%.. Now promiscuous heteros and homos I do agree that the chances are high. If AIDS came from monkeys how the fuck did it spread to random people? Shouldn't it have completely spread to the major population by now? How many people actually cut/fuck monkeys?

Umm. 1. Irrespective he is becoming? The OED says that word means: "Without consideration of; regardless of." So yeah, in that context your sentence doesn't make any sense.

3. OK. If a first time homosexual has sex with a first time homosexual and there was no family history of HIV/AIDS in either circumstance then the chance of contracting HIV is nil. Nothing. Zero percent. Bareback or protected, the chance is zero.

HIV is not spread solely by sexual contact. Nobody fucked a monkey. What scientists believe to have happened was somebody in Africa was out hunting, and they killed a particular simian which was infected with the SIV virus. Now maybe they had an open wound that got infected by simian blood which the meat was being butchered, the virus was in the person quite harmlessly for a while until it mutated into a form that allowed it to prey on proteins found inside humans. And well, it depends on your definition of "spread to the major population by now", doesn't it? It has in Africa, in a massive way, HIV/AIDS is at epidemic proportions in Africa now.
Offline Gildermershina  
#94 Posted : 21 August 2009 05:12:40(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
sharinganerror wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
1. God was disappointed with Cain's sacrifice because Cain was a lazy bastard who gave God his old rotten fruit, not the best of what he worked for. Abel, on the other hand, gave his most prized lamb that was in a sense because he WASN'T a lazy bastard. Cain got mad at Abel, when he should've been angry with himself, and killed him. God got pissed because, HELLO, Abel didn't do anything wrong, but Cain was already digging his grave.

And then he cursed Cain by making him black and sent him into exile in Africa?

sharinganerror wrote:
2. Ok, the BIBLE was written before that stupid book, J.R.R. Tolkien is and was known for inadvertently plagiarizing the scripture and making his own fiction with it.

No he isn't and wasn't.

sharinganerror wrote:
3. God was only ok with incest because there were no fucking people on earth except for noah and his family after the flood, 98% or something near that had been obliterated, he wasn't gonna let humanity end like that. Gays kill.... eachother. one word=AIDS two words=really sick.

2.Yes he is and was.

1. Well you know, people (idiots) say Adam and Eve were white, so where did Black people come from?

2. Okay, show me some shred of evidence for that. The Lord of the Rings is 100% absent of any religion for one thing, and anything you attribute to biblical allegory could be attributed to any number of myths and legends. I think you're thinking of C.S. Lewis, since Narnia is pretty much a fantasy retelling of the New Testament.

3. That's not how it works. The person who got it originally fucked somone, who fucked someone else, who fucked someone else, who shared a heroin needle with someone else, who fucked someone else, etc. etc.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline sharinganerror  
#95 Posted : 25 August 2009 03:14:55(UTC)
sharinganerror

Captain Insano wrote:

power hungry? last time I checked, he was God's son.
Offline Captain Insano  
#96 Posted : 25 August 2009 10:21:18(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Uh yes, he is the son of God..

I dont suppose that you read Lepelbos' post above mine, which may explain for you my comment.

Edited by user 25 August 2009 11:27:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline forkboy  
#97 Posted : 25 August 2009 10:30:54(UTC)
forkboy

sharinganerror wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

Allegedly.
Offline old.gregg  
#98 Posted : 25 August 2009 10:57:41(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

Allegedly.

Indeed, I wasn't sure there was a factual database you could use to check this up?
-
Offline Aj  
#99 Posted : 25 August 2009 20:47:03(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
old.gregg wrote:
forkboy wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:

Allegedly.

Indeed, I wasn't sure there was a factual database you could use to check this up?

THE BIBLEEEEE

Just jokan ;)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#100 Posted : 25 August 2009 21:59:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
I think whatever it says in the Bible is what's gonna happen :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar