logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rincewind  
#1 Posted : 08 August 2009 08:57:28(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
is there one simple thing that can be deffined as a joke or is there too many completly different sesnes of humour for it ever to be properly cornerd down into something that everyone finds funny?

What do you find funny? What kinds of humour do you hate?
Who is your favorate funny man/woman/cat and why? what really makes them a funny person?
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline troymazing  
#2 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:00:57(UTC)
troymazing

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I like stupid comedy... Family Guy is hilarious. I like to think of myself of semi-intelligent, but, uh, yeah. My favourite comedienne is Kathy Griffin :D
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#3 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:03:12(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
troymazing wrote:
I like stupid comedy... Family Guy is hilarious. I like to think of myself of semi-intelligent, but, uh, yeah. My favourite comedienne is Kathy Griffin :D

She is so funny, I see her show, Life on the D-list before go to work on Bravo, it is hell of funny.
Offline troymazing  
#4 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:06:09(UTC)
troymazing

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
troymazing wrote:

She is so funny, I see her show, Life on the D-list before go to work on Bravo, it is hell of funny.

:D I know! I love her! I'm seeing her live on the 31st.
GirlSpice wrote:

Offline Aj  
#5 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:06:40(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Jesus Rince, what happened to you? You used to be the pinacle of intelligence for me, and now your posting threads like this? With incorrect capital letters? Tis a sad day ;)

But seriously, a jokes something intended by the joker to make people laugh or for them to find it amusing or humourous. I hate idiot comedy, like walking into walls. But I like people who aren't too funny, but are quite calm and can make me chuckle. There are few people who can make me roflmao Dancing
#6 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:09:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

I like comedy on certain measures, When it comes to racism, It's not comedy anymore. Now stereotypical comedy is funny, I just mean like "Spanish people are dirty" thats not funny to me it is racist.

And AJ, there's nothing wrong with asking, nobody knows everything. And I'm pretty sure he just wanted our input and opinion.
Offline xNightsidex  
#7 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:10:44(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Aj wrote:
Jesus Rince, what happened to you? You used to be the pinacle of intelligence for me, and now your posting threads like this? With incorrect capital letters? Tis a sad day ;)

But seriously, a jokes something intended by the joker to make people laugh or for them to find it amusing or humourous. I hate idiot comedy, like walking into walls. But I like people who aren't too funny, but are quite calm and can make me chuckle. There are few people who can make me roflmao Dancing

Agree, I prefer chic humour :3
Offline Aj  
#8 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:12:04(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
I like comedy on certain measures, When it comes to racism, It's not comedy anymore. Now stereotypical comedy is funny, I just mean like "Spanish people are dirty" thats not funny to me it is racist.

And AJ, there's nothing wrong with asking, nobody knows everything. And I'm pretty sure he just wanted our input and opinion.

I know, I was only kidding. It just didnt seem a very Rincewind thing to ask.

Also, I find stereotypical comedy very funny, as long as its done well. If you can't laugh at yourself what gives you the right to laugh at others?
Offline troymazing  
#9 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:14:33(UTC)
troymazing

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Okay. So me and my family were sitting in our car at the rental car place, and a small car pulls up. It was like a Hyundai Elantra or something. And there are 4 adults in it. They were Hispanic. So some of the adults get out, and then they start pulling kids out. Like 8 year olds. So then we think that there is no possible way that more people could be in that damn car. So then hands pop up in the windows. We ended up counting 9 people. And one lady was pregnant. It was hilarious, and sadly stereotypical. :D
GirlSpice wrote:

Offline old.gregg  
#10 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:18:39(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I like cynical comedy, or something clever. I also find the most random things funny, too. Bad puns are great fun too ^_^

Stand up comedy is amazing - if you guys get a chance, I really recommend seeing a show. The atmosphere is great - I've got Michael McIntyre in September and Frankie Boyle in April and hopefully Sean Lock as soon as he tours.
-
Offline Rincewind  
#11 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:19:19(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Aj wrote:

i posted this to try and get people to stop talking about it in the what happens to you when you die thread... and who knows it may work... Also sorry for letting my dyslexia shining through.... spell checking is a bitch, Hope ive not let you down ;)

My point here is personally i hate Kathy Griffin and can not see how anyone finds her funny at all.

Humour for me is biting wit and sarcasm. Think Blackadder.. But i also like sureal stuff Like Ross Noble, Eddie Izard etc etc. I have honestly yet to find an American comic that actually makes me wet myself with laughter.. Which is sad. Chris Rock comes close but i find him a bit to racist.

i am also seeing the great MM.... He is just happy and nice... :D

Live comedy is the best.. Nothing else comes close

EDIT - i forgot Bill Hicks... But lets face it his humour is Very British and we got him long before the yanks did :P

Edited by user 08 August 2009 09:32:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

and im just like:
#12 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:25:50(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

troymazing wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Okay. So me and my family were sitting in our car at the rental car place, and a small car pulls up. It was like a Hyundai Elantra or something. And there are 4 adults in it. They were Hispanic. So some of the adults get out, and then they start pulling kids out. Like 8 year olds. So then we think that there is no possible way that more people could be in that damn car. So then hands pop up in the windows. We ended up counting 9 people. And one lady was pregnant. It was hilarious, and sadly stereotypical. :D

1.) Um, ok thats not true. There is many trailer parks in Orlando where mostly White(Caucasian) live there and many of them have like 5, 6, 7 kids.
The number of kids Hispanic have is always exaggerated because of movies, no one in their right mind would want to have 9 kids in this economy unless your rich.
Hispanic families also tend to love having bigger families and the whole fit 9 people in a truck thing is a lie. Many illegal Mexicans who crossover from their country
tend to have bad jobs because of self-fish Americans, so they can't afford bigger cars or a van.

Edited by user 08 August 2009 09:28:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline old.gregg  
#13 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:27:27(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
troymazing wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

1.) Um, ok thats not true. There is many trailer parks in Orlando where mostly White(Caucasian) live there and many of them have like 5, 6, 7 kids.
The number of kids Hispanic have is always exaggerated because of movies, no one in their right mind would want to have 9 kids in this economy unless your rich.
Hispanic families also tend to love having bigger families and the whole fit 9 people in a truck thing is a lie. Many illegal Mexicans who crossover from their country
tend to have bad jobs because of self-fish Americans, so they can't afford a bigger cars or a van.

Steph - he doesn't mean it in an offensive way. Please guys, don't argue over the thread.
-
Offline Rincewind  
#14 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:28:30(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
troymazing wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

tend to have bad jobs because of self-fish Americans, so they can't afford a bigger cars or a van.

Youve contradicted yourself in that post and helped prove Troy's point... which i find funny...
Is it possible for an Ilegal Immigrant to have a good job?
and im just like:
#15 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:29:04(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

old.gregg wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
troymazing wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Steph - he doesn't mean it in an offensive way. Please guys, don't argue over the thread.

Oh I know he didn't, I'm just saying. Many people tend to confuse this.
#16 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:30:48(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Rincewind wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
troymazing wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Youve contradicted yourself in that post and helped prove Troy's point... which i find funny...
Is it possible for an Ilegal Immigrant to have a good job?

It is possible, but chances are limited. Trust me I know many Mexican's.
Offline old.gregg  
#17 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:31:04(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
old.gregg wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
troymazing wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Yes - but you've also stereotyped "selfish Americans", it's an endless cycle :P
-
#18 Posted : 08 August 2009 09:32:37(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

old.gregg wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
old.gregg wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
troymazing wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Yes - but you've also stereotyped "selfish Americans", it's an endless cycle :P

No its not, because I'm specifically talking about Selfish-Americans not Americans overall.
Offline tension101  
#19 Posted : 08 August 2009 10:04:20(UTC)
tension101

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
http://www.youtube.com/user/KnoxsKorner1

This man is hilarious. Dont be suprised if you dont "get it," however.
Too much leather chair is unsightly and greatly increases your risk of leather-smell.
Offline forkboy  
#20 Posted : 08 August 2009 10:27:51(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Rincewind wrote:
is there one simple thing that can be deffined as a joke or is there too many completly different sesnes of humour for it ever to be properly cornerd down into something that everyone finds funny?

What do you find funny? What kinds of humour do you hate?
Who is your favorate funny man/woman/cat and why? what really makes them a funny person?

It's an interesting question. I find it hard to pinpoint exactly what I enjoy in comedy, I mean like stuff that's gratuitously offensive in a safe middle-class ironic kind of way, yet I do not like Jimmy Carr.

But humour is totally subjective. I mean I find so many things make me laugh that aren't even remotely funny. Bad jokes. Inappropriate jokes. It's hard as hell to pinpoint exactly what I like.

I've got a wide taste as far as it goes with humour, but alot of it influenced by the 80s alternative guys (I absolutely adore Alexei Sayle and think he's pitifully under-rated), and the sort of 90s counter to 80s overly PC ways.