logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<56789>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Captain Insano  
#121 Posted : 10 August 2009 23:37:43(UTC)
Captain Insano

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Can't really argue against that last point.

People do drugs because they may be bored, their mates do it, drugs are easy to get a hold of, they are looking for something different and to get a rush from it, increase confidence that comes with some drugs, forget who they are and how shit their life may be for just a little while and so on. A whole host of reasons.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#122 Posted : 11 August 2009 01:40:04(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Since people have been taking things personally lately all I'm doing is debating, I do not really care what you do in life because it is your life not mine.

Illegal drugs are bad period.

What I am about to say pretty much sums it up right here: I'm using this from personal family and friend experiences.

Drugs(illegal) can damage the brain, heart, and other part of your body. Specifically, Cocaine can give you heart attack. If you use drugs your are more likely not to do good in school, sports, work and other regular things. I also heard that it is harder to think clearly and make decisions. I heard people hurt themselves, cut themselves, Do crazy shit when using drugs. Drugs make you crazy.

There is no excuse for using drugs.

If you have a certain type of stress that you can't handle, go to the doctor and try to get something for the stress (they have certain pills and stuff that releases stress), talk with someone,( well you probably wont do this), but go to church and tell someone you need help. They will help you trust me.

I really don't understand how drugs can improve social issues like homelessness, poverty, exploitation, violence.

Homelessness- from what I've heard a lot people who use drugs are homeless.
Poverty- It may improve your finance but make sure you know your putting your life on high risk.
Exploitation- Actually drugs cause exploitation
Violence- Drugs causes a lot of violence

This x1000

Edited by user 12 August 2009 10:32:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline troymazing  
#123 Posted : 11 August 2009 01:43:11(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
To Steph-
What about alcohol and cigarettes? They aren't illegal, but still cause a load of harm to your body and the other things you said. Are they not as bad for you because they're legal? Or are they just as bad, and should be illegal?
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

#124 Posted : 11 August 2009 01:50:53(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

troymazing wrote:
To Steph-
What about alcohol and cigarettes? They aren't illegal, but still cause a load of harm to your body and the other things you said. Are they not as bad for you because they're legal? Or are they just as bad, and should be illegal?

There is a reason why they are called illegal drugs, with the exception of weed all the other drugs have a worse effect on your body which are bad for the body, wich is the reason why they are illegal.

Edited by user 11 August 2009 01:52:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sharinganerror  
#125 Posted : 11 August 2009 01:53:36(UTC)
sharinganerror

There will always be weaklings in the world who need something to give the false illusion that make them feel like they have some control over their lives... They should just outlaw drugs to children; so they can grow normally, so once they're adults.... they have a choice.
Offline troymazing  
#126 Posted : 11 August 2009 01:54:32(UTC)
troymazing

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
troymazing wrote:
To Steph-

There is a reason wnhy they are called illegal drugs, with the exception of weed all the other drugs have a worse effect on your body which are bad for the body, wich is the reason why they are illegal.

Alcohol is also very bad for you. It causes fatty liver disease, and cirrhosis. It can cause DUIs which may lead to car crashes. Alcohol is also linked to domestic violence. Why is alcohol legal if it's so bad for you?
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

#127 Posted : 11 August 2009 01:55:38(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

sharinganerror wrote:
There will always be weaklings in the world who need something to give the false illusion that make them feel like they have some control over their lives... They should just outlaw drugs to children; so they can grow normally, so once they're adults.... they have a choice.

I kind agree with this, but wouldn't you think if they legalized all the drugs or even just cocaine, adults the world would go mad.
Offline sharinganerror  
#128 Posted : 11 August 2009 01:56:48(UTC)
sharinganerror

stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

I kind agree with this, but wouldn't you think if they legalized all the drugs or even just cocaine, adults the world would go mad.

It's their choice, You're saying that you agree with the elimination of free will?
#129 Posted : 11 August 2009 02:00:14(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

troymazing wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
troymazing wrote:
To Steph-

There is a reason wnhy they are called illegal drugs, with the exception of weed all the other drugs have a worse effect on your body which are bad for the body, wich is the reason why they are illegal.

Alcohol is also very bad for you. It causes fatty liver disease, and cirrhosis. It can cause DUIs which may lead to car crashes. Alcohol is also linked to domestic violence. Why is alcohol legal if it's so bad for you?

Like I said before the effect they have on you isn't as bad as what the effect of illegal drugs have. The effect of alcohol and cigarettes itself is bad, imagine illegal drugs.
#130 Posted : 11 August 2009 02:01:21(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

sharinganerror wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

It's their choice, You're saying that you agree with the elimination of free will?

You have free will for whats legal not for what is illegal. Otherwise the world would be mad.
Offline sharinganerror  
#131 Posted : 11 August 2009 02:04:00(UTC)
sharinganerror

stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

You have free will for whats legal not for what is illegal. Otherwise the world would be mad.

...... so you're denying free will to the public....... Another thing: THE WORLD IS MAD! I can't honestly believe how blind you are to that blatantly obvious fact.

Edited by user 11 August 2009 02:05:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#132 Posted : 11 August 2009 02:06:05(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

sharinganerror wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

...... so you're denying free will to the public.......

No! You have free will for what is Legal, just not for what's illegal.
Offline sharinganerror  
#133 Posted : 11 August 2009 02:07:38(UTC)
sharinganerror

stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

........... then it's not entirely free now is it?
Offline Captain Insano  
#134 Posted : 11 August 2009 02:08:25(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
What I'd like to see is that the money that's wasted on turning average Joes into criminals because they have had a few grams of cocaine or weed in their possession is spent on better public health measures. Make it much more of a public health issue than a punitive criminal issue.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
#135 Posted : 11 August 2009 02:09:45(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

sharinganerror wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

Actually both of us are wrong. We do have free will for everything, there are just consequences for the bad stuff you do.
Offline sharinganerror  
#136 Posted : 11 August 2009 02:10:52(UTC)
sharinganerror

stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

Actually both of us are wrong. We do have free will for everything, there are just consequences for the bad stuff you do.

That is completely true. Glad we can agree on something.
Offline forkboy  
#137 Posted : 11 August 2009 06:39:19(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
troymazing wrote:
To Steph-

There is a reason why they are called illegal drugs, with the exception of weed all the other drugs have a worse effect on your body which are bad for the body, wich is the reason why they are illegal.

LSD is less likely to kill you than Alcohol. Ecstasy is safer than riding a course according to a leading British medical professional (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7876425.stm).

It should be out choice to do as we please with out bodies. Nobody elses.
Offline old.gregg  
#138 Posted : 11 August 2009 07:55:19(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Captain Insano wrote:
What I'd like to see is that the money that's wasted on turning average Joes into criminals because they have had a few grams of cocaine or weed in their possession is spent on better public health measures. Make it much more of a public health issue than a punitive criminal issue.

Me and the Cap'n obviously share views on this topic!
-
Offline sav  
#139 Posted : 12 August 2009 10:14:41(UTC)
sav

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
troymazing wrote:
To Steph-

LSD is less likely to kill you than Alcohol. Ecstasy is safer than riding a course according to a leading British medical professional (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7876425.stm).

plus, LSD isn't as addictive as alcohol. in fact, is not physically addictive and i think that it isn't psychologically addictive, besides you can get mad or something like that (i know a normal girl who did LSD, having a mental illness that she didn't know, and after doing it she got mad and went into hospital for a month or so. and now she's fine like always, thought she'll never do acid again).
Offline forkboy  
#140 Posted : 12 August 2009 10:30:53(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
sav wrote:
forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
troymazing wrote:
To Steph-

plus, LSD isn't as addictive as alcohol. in fact, is not physically addictive and i think that it isn't psychologically addictive, besides you can get mad or something like that (i know a normal girl who did LSD, having a mental illness that she didn't know, and after doing it she got mad and went into hospital for a month or so. and now she's fine like always, thought she'll never do acid again).
Yeah, plus the fact that it is physically impossible to OD on LSD. I mean you can overdose on fucking aspirin, but not LSD. And yet it's treated as a class A drug in the UK.

Spastics.