logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Until Sacrifice  
#1 Posted : 14 August 2009 07:34:56(UTC)
Until Sacrifice

Groups: Registered
Man

Alright, this is for all Americans and those afar to give your opinions about. For a long time I've been a die hard republican. When Bush was made president, I waivered, an with this last election, I was with Ron Paul, the guy who seemed to know exactly what he was doing. I am also in opposition to the Iraq war, and believe we need to pull out.

Now, when Obama was elected, I wasn't happy, but I stuck with research and properly so, about everything he has done, and quite honestly, I believe he is doing a fair job.

Now that the healthcare has come around, I believe it is one of the best things that could happen to America, where corperations reign and reap every profit, on everyone, period. Now, Republicans are lying, smearing, and destroying that bill in every way possible, making up total crap about the bill so it will not be passed, when time and time again it is proven they are paid off by big companies to be against such thing.

The last straw was this:

WASHINGTON – Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin refused to retreat from her debunked claim that a proposed health care overhaul would create "death panels," as the growing furor over end-of-life consultations forced a key group of senators to abandon the idea in their bill.

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, one of six lawmakers negotiating on a Senate bill, said Thursday they had dropped end-of-life provisions from consideration "entirely because of the way they could be misinterpreted and implemented incorrectly."

In a Facebook posting titled "Concerning Death Panels," Palin argued Wednesday night that the elderly and ailing would be coerced into accepting minimal end-of-life care to reduce health care costs based on the Democratic bill in the House.

But there will be no "death panels" under the legislation being considered. In fact, the provision in the bill would allow Medicare to pay doctors for voluntary counseling sessions that address end-of-life issues. The conversations between doctor and patient would include living wills, making a close relative or a trusted friend your health care proxy, learning about hospice as an option for the terminally ill, and information about pain medications for people suffering chronic discomfort.

The sessions would be covered every five years, more frequently if someone is gravely ill.

The American Medical Association and the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization support the provision.

In her posting, Palin wrote: "With all due respect, it's misleading for the president to describe this section as an entirely voluntary provision that simply increases the information offered to Medicare recipients," and added, "It's all just more evidence that the Democratic legislative proposals will lead to health care rationing."

What is MISLEADING is Palin's lies about the bill! America needs this, and I would like to see what you think about A.) Republican fear mongering and corperarationism, and B.) The healthcare bill and healthcare of America.
Until Sacrifice (genre: Thrash) consists of

* James Reed (Guitar)
* Allen Fars (Backup Guitar/ Vocals)
* Tobby Nickels (Drums)
* Nick Higley (Bass)
* Justin Fournier (Lead Vocals)
Offline forkboy  
#2 Posted : 14 August 2009 07:36:20(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
To be fair, I think sane, moderate Republicans need to reclaim the party from the wackos and extremists.

But I'm glad to see Sarah Palin has fallen so far that she is now forced to comment on Facebook.

Edited by user 14 August 2009 07:36:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline xNightsidex  
#3 Posted : 14 August 2009 08:16:13(UTC)
xNightsidex

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
But I'm glad to see Sarah Palin has fallen so far that she is now forced to comment on Facebook.

Hear, hear.
Offline Gildermershina  
#4 Posted : 14 August 2009 09:12:09(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I've been saying this for years. Not only that, but republicans get in some serious muck, specifically with war profiteering scandals and just general shadiness, yet the Democrats don't call them on that stuff. As soon as there's any hint of something untoward in the Democratic Party, the Republicans create a huge overblown story out of it. That whole "Obama was born in Kenya" crap is so far fetched no real Republican politician could ever believe it, but they'll keep bringing it up time and again in the media, and in doing so they incite the Republican mobs to interrupt press conferences with outbursts of genuinely shocking ignorance and hatred.

The problem seems to me to be that conservatives and Republicans just dismiss everything Democrat or vaguely "liberal" as not being worth listening to, so their opinions are remarkably one-sided. "Liberal" media is simply preaching to the converted. It's unbelievable the shit the Republicans get away with, because their supporters are so distracted by "This guy's uncle once went to school with a guy who dated the mother of a known TERRORIST! That makes him a TERRORIST SUPPORTER!"
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Captain Insano  
#5 Posted : 14 August 2009 10:41:35(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
When I saw Sarah Palin mentioned that was all I needed to know. What a crackpot she comes across as.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.