logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Raphaela  
#1 Posted : 17 August 2009 10:03:22(UTC)
Raphaela

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I think abortion should be legal until the third month in any case.

What are your opinions about it? Would you personally have one (if you were a woman for guys)? Should it be legal?

Discuss.

Edited by user 17 August 2009 10:05:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline forkboy  
#2 Posted : 17 August 2009 10:04:57(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I am for abortion.
Offline old.gregg  
#3 Posted : 17 August 2009 10:06:34(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I'm also for abortion.

This topic is a wealth of information.
-
Offline Raphaela  
#4 Posted : 17 August 2009 10:08:33(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
old.gregg wrote:
I'm also for abortion.

Hahaha, all we need are people that disagree with abortion.

Where are the Christians when we need them?! :P
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline old.gregg  
#5 Posted : 17 August 2009 10:14:08(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Raphaela wrote:
old.gregg wrote:
I'm also for abortion.

In the UK, they're asleep. It's past midnight.
-
Offline xNightsidex  
#6 Posted : 17 August 2009 10:19:24(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I disagree with abortion.

jkjklolz.
Offline Gildermershina  
#7 Posted : 17 August 2009 10:25:07(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I agree with abortion, but I think it's really a lot more complex than just "it's good or it's bad". It shouldn't be seen as a contraceptive, or be entered into lightly. Plus, there's the whole issue of raped women. Hell, in some places priests will rape nuns. Go Christians!
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline tension101  
#8 Posted : 17 August 2009 10:49:08(UTC)
tension101

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
If a woman doesn't want the child that was accidentally put in her when she went out partying, she has the right to spend money to terminate it. However, I think it's much more reasonable to put it up for closed adoption after it's born, but then again, there's the pain of labor, the weight gain... all that. I'm up for abortion.
Too much leather chair is unsightly and greatly increases your risk of leather-smell.
Offline forkboy  
#9 Posted : 17 August 2009 10:50:33(UTC)
forkboy

Oh God, fine. I'll fucking elaborate. Sheesh.

Of course I don't neccessarily agree with abortions in every situation, as a regularly used contraceptive for instance, and part of that comes down to the fact that it is a pretty fucking traumatic experience for a woman to go through. And I do wonder about the whole idea of women going off an getting an abortion with even telling the father that they were pregnant, that strikes me as kinda questionable to be honest. I mean I get that it's her body, and I don't accept the nonsense that "it's a little human from the moment of conception". I mean if you are going to use some sort of arbitary cut off point then it should be "how old it can survive out of the womb without being attached to respirators and all that".

But it's also the womans body. It's not the Popes. It's not some fucking warped bible bashing evangelical from Tennessee's baby. So fuck off and mind your own business cunts.
Offline Rincewind  
#10 Posted : 17 August 2009 11:17:34(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
argh.... It s actually a tough subject...
Personaly while i would like to think i am all for its a womans body its her choice.. A small part of me thinks... Hey what if it is my child, would i want my baby (and lets face it... it does take two to tango) to simply be snuffed out? I honestly don't think i could face the thought of my child being killed, which is what it does come down to.

if however both adults agree, then hell go for it... Or even in the case of an absent father, or rape victime etc etc... no question.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#11 Posted : 17 August 2009 11:27:19(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
I don't agree in abortion. There are alternatives like giving your baby up for adoption or just coping with it. I respect anyone's decision though is not like if you abort your baby I'm going to hate you.

Edited by user 17 August 2009 11:30:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sharinganerror  
#12 Posted : 18 August 2009 01:27:58(UTC)
sharinganerror

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Raphaela wrote:
old.gregg wrote:
I'm also for abortion.

I say nuh-uh, I don't like killing babies before they're born. Now after..... that's another story.
Shut the fuck up if you disagree with me, I'm stating my opinion and there is no ulterior motive...
Or is there?
Offline forkboy  
#13 Posted : 18 August 2009 01:58:19(UTC)
forkboy

Foetuses are not babies. A ball of cells is not a baby. It is a ball of cells, utterly incapable of surviving on its own.
Offline sharinganerror  
#14 Posted : 18 August 2009 03:22:22(UTC)
sharinganerror

forkboy wrote:
Fetuses are not babies. A ball of cells is not a baby. It is a ball of cells, utterly incapable of surviving on its own.

Don't deny the fact that they will inevitably become infants, unless you do kill them.... You were once a ball of cells incapable of surviving on your own, I wonder if the latter is still true?...
Offline troymazing  
#15 Posted : 18 August 2009 03:23:35(UTC)
troymazing

Man

sharinganerror wrote:
forkboy wrote:
Fetuses are not babies. A ball of cells is not a baby. It is a ball of cells, utterly incapable of surviving on its own.

Don't deny the fact that they will inevitably become infants, unless you do kill them.... You were once a ball of cells incapable of surviving on your own, I wonder if the latter is still true?...

Foetuses is how it's spelt in the UK, idiot...
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline Aj  
#16 Posted : 18 August 2009 03:34:52(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I don't know, but I'm all for abortion, because if you then have the baby planning to give it away, you may fall in love with the baby and then be stuck in a really bad economic situation where you can't give the baby a proper life. In my opinion a baby isnt a baby until it's born. But still, I understand it would be really distressing to have something that would be a human being with its own freind, habits and life, and then killing it before you give it a chance.
Offline Gildermershina  
#17 Posted : 18 August 2009 05:51:06(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
sharinganerror wrote:
forkboy wrote:

Yeah, but technically you could say that about sperm or eggs, that you shouldn't masturbate or menstruate, because the sperm might fertilise an egg, or an egg might be fertilised, therefore might eventually become a human life. I think the decision is ultimately up to the woman carrying the child, and unlike some hardline elements would have their sheep believe, I don't think abortion is ever easy for a woman. It's a primal sense of loss men are incapable of understanding.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#18 Posted : 18 August 2009 05:56:42(UTC)
forkboy

sharinganerror wrote:
forkboy wrote:

Well, here I am, alive, outwith the womb, so I'd wager that yes, I am capable of surviving on my own now.

Unless I'm actually lying and typing this on the worlds smallest notebook, snug inside my mothers cunts. It's actually kind of a kangaroo/joey relationship we share.

Guess what? Every month women all across the globe are excreting from their vagina a tiny little potential human being. MURDERERS!

I'm sorry but it is not inevitable that a foetus (now Troy, lets not get angry over mere differences in the English language!) will become a human being. There are many natural miscarriages. Many women do not come to term.

A larvae will later become a butterfly, and yet a larvae is not a butterfly.

Ultimately, it's not even that a foetus is not a baby. It's simply that for the time between conception and birth the foetus is essentially a part of the mother. They share blood supply, oxygen, food. And ultimately it is not your business nor mine to decide what one person decides to with their own body. That is an essentially part of my own belief system.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#19 Posted : 25 August 2009 21:57:40(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
I think abortion should be illegal. It's like killing someone who didn't even have a chance at life. Most girls are reckless and get pregnant then think that's the only way out but some girls get pregnant without their consent (rape) and they also think abortion would be the way but i would rather them just put them up for adoption then killing them.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Aj  
#20 Posted : 25 August 2009 22:24:45(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
RoseJapanFan wrote:
I think abortion should be illegal. It's like killing someone who didn't even have a chance at life. Most girls are reckless and get pregnant then think that's the only way out but some girls get pregnant without their consent (rape) and they also think abortion would be the way but i would rather them just put them up for adoption then killing them.

But it's not really, is it. Like Forkboy said, a larvae will become a butterfly, but a larvae is not a butterfly. Also if you leave it and put it up for adoption, what if the mother feels a strong attachment to the baby and can't go through with putting them up for adoption? In which case the baby will be in a home where they have to strain to keep it alive thus not making a very good family atmosphere at all.