logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 06 September 2009 05:03:58(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Introduction:

The Schadenfreude Ecdysiast is a heavily conceptual side project, formed by ex-The Lost bass guitarist Liam O’Mally.

The ‘band’ only consists of Liam permanently, but he often employ’s the help of a backing band. The project started off as only a small thing, for Liam to work on in his spare time, however now The Lost have split it’s given him a lot more time, and so he has announced he will work on them seriously. Liam has already released two album’s under the alias, and despite the small amount of publicity the underground releases have sold over 2,300,000 copies, and the accompanying singles have sold over 4,000,000. Liam stated that this huge success has partly because of the fact that he was in The Lost, however has also said that The Schadenfreude Ecdysiast is far from like The Lost. The project cites its main influence as Nine Inch Nails, however he said that the music is basically his emotions jumbled up.

Liam has now stated that he is indeed looking for a label to sign for, and that he will now focus all of his efforts on TSE for the time being.

He has also said that he will be producing music, remixing it and other things under his normal name however, as The Schadenfreude Ecdysiast is a ‘conceptual-story-driven-musical-extravaganza’ as Liam says.

The Name and The Story:

The name, Schadenfreude Ecdysiast, is basically two confusing words put together that created Liam’s idea. The word Ecdysiast means in fact a stripper, however it was coined when a man named H.L. Mencken was asked by a striptease to come up with a more dignified name for their business. Schadenfreude however, means ‘pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others’. So basically, the story is about a stripper who is generally a nasty piece of work. However, she eventually realizes her wrongs, and decides to correct them. And you’ll have to buy the album and listen to the lyrics to find out what happens!

Don’t worry, though – the songs aren’t just me reading! They are intelligently put together, with various different instruments playing vital roles in creating the best musical experience possible. But don't worry, the songs do make sense on their own, and they are basically short stories describing emotions and such to carry the larger, broader storyline across which comes in with the theme of the album. But they still make sense on their own too! Also, if you must keep up with the story but you only come in half way through, there are always booklets in the album telling what happened previously.

Genre:

Industrial/Doom Metal/Dark Ambient

Releases:

Reasons to Believe (Released Independently)
The Diary of the Schadenfreude Ecdysiast (Released Independently)
Upcoming...

Edited by user 07 September 2009 09:09:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Raphaela  
#2 Posted : 06 September 2009 05:50:38(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I can't even spell the name so it sounds interesting.
I'll buy one of your albums, but if you suck I want my money back.

-Favorite Son [Guitar/The Prisoners]
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Aj  
#3 Posted : 06 September 2009 22:07:56(UTC)
Aj

Man

Okay, we reeeally need a label, any one interested?

Liam//TSE
Offline Aj  
#4 Posted : 07 September 2009 09:16:00(UTC)
Aj

Man

Hey everyone, we just wanted to announce that we'll be releasing a new album very, very soon! More info will be up about it within the next few days.

Liam