logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gemma375*  
#1 Posted : 16 September 2009 02:09:52(UTC)
Gemma375*

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 7 post(s)
If you thought that Live Youth were taking a holiday, now songwriters and vocallists Gemma Ferns and Dean Keller are away in South Africa, you would have been wrong.
The pair have been using the time in South Africa, away from the press, to finish writing songs for the band's debut album - the pair's fourth overall and are now ready to get back into the studio.

Originally, Gemma and Dean had planned to finish writing the album, then take some time off before recording, but have decided to get back into the studio early to put out another single. The reason? Surprisingly, the catalyst has been the death of Patrick Swayze early this morning.

"I think people will be surprised to know that Patrick Swayze is the reason Gemma and Dean are heading back into the studio, but the truth is that both of them really idolised him. Gemma, especially, related to him because, like Swayze, she has experience as a musician, an actress and she loves to dance. She really loved his style, career and him as a person and so the news of his death upset her."
Dean - a budding dancer himself - looked up to Swayze, the man he said "made it more acceptable for men to dance, and seem both manly and sexy doing so".

Indeed, rumour has it that Gemma and Dean's party piece used to be a dance to the iconic finale of 'Dirty Dancing' and have decided to hit the studio to record '(I've Had) The Time of My Life' as a tribute to the star.
The band are also releasing 'I Told You I Loved You (And That Hasn't Changed)' as a song also available to chart and 'Growing Up, Moving On, Closing Down' as a B-Side.

All profits made from the single will be going towards a pancreatic cancer charity which aims to not only find a cure, but aims to raise awareness about the specific disease, so others may catch symptoms early and increase their chances of survival. The band also issued a statement sending out their wishes and sympathies to Mr. Swayze's family at this difficult time.
UserPostedImage
Live Youth are: ---------------------------------------------- Billy Maddison (Solo artist)
Gemma Ferns (Vocals) -- Dean Keller (Lead Guitar)
Jason Cevallos (Guitar) -- Guy Collins (Bass)
Tyler Albright (Drums) -- Levi Reiss (Keyboard)
Offline Gemma375*  
#2 Posted : 18 September 2009 00:38:08(UTC)
Gemma375*

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Live Youth's hastily released single of (I've Had) The Time of my Life has stormed the charts in the UK, US and Europe, peaking at #3 in the UK, #6 around Europe and #23 in the USA.

It is thought that the remaining members of Live Youth are flying out to meet Gemma Ferns and Dean Keller in South Africa to shoot the music video over the next couple of days, but just what the treatment for the video is remains unknown.
UserPostedImage
Live Youth are: ---------------------------------------------- Billy Maddison (Solo artist)
Gemma Ferns (Vocals) -- Dean Keller (Lead Guitar)
Jason Cevallos (Guitar) -- Guy Collins (Bass)
Tyler Albright (Drums) -- Levi Reiss (Keyboard)