logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline funkyfrank11289  
#1 Posted : 16 September 2009 05:20:22(UTC)
funkyfrank11289

Groups: Registered

UserPostedImage
Headlines
The Dead Roses is spliting for a little while, nooooooooooooo me nor any of the fans think this is a good idea, but, I will allow you to do it only if you promise a extrodinary album when you guys come back to the music scene.
The IMA's announced the winners
Best Band [PANIC!]
Best Solo Artist [This Comatose]
Best Newcomer [Failed Youth]
Best Artwork [Sexy Star - "Boyfriend Thief"]
Best Album [Sexy Star - "Electronique"]
Best Single [Firecracker 47 - "Comatose"]
Best Live Act [GirlSpice]
Best Tour ['COREwhoreTOURfour (Madcore Tour 2K9)]
Most Attractive Male [Ryan Ross Hernandez]
Most Attractive Female [Taylor Asbridge (Dead Roses)]
Best Record Label/Management [Spice Records]
Best Personality [Sexy Star]
Best Presenter [Birdie, Lewis Mason, Jakey Comatose]
Icon Award [Transferium Project]
I thought all these winners actually make this, probaly the greatest IMA's to date.
Reviews
The Wicker Man- "Jeremy"- This was a great album, the guitarist is a work of art and that drummer can play the hell outta them things, and this album show full potential, making it their highest selling album to date. Go pick up your copy, I promise you wont forget. (8/10)
Failed Youth- "Various Occurrences Whilst Intoxicated by Various Substances"- WOW, thats about all I have to say, wow, this album had me listening to all the songs on the album and feeling dissapointed when the album ended, this was suck a great album, I loved it. (9/10)
Featured Review-The Barbs[/u]- "Dragon Dancer"- This album is great and I love it, the album is a piece of art sang by the legendary, now deceased, Jack Fate, what a great singer, speaking of singers did you hear the knew one, I can't tell much a difference, can you? But any way the album tells a story, one that you can really get into.(10/10)
Tours
Ratner's Star- You can count on me being at one of these shows, I just can't wait
Pilot reunion tour- This will be a great show, its a must see, so if they come to your hometown, come to the show if its not sold out.
The 69 Sinz- One of the shows of the year, hands down.

Top Ten Bands
10. The 69 Sinz
09. Dynomite
08. Failed Youth
07. PANIC!
06. The Wicker Man
05. Live Youth
04. Pilot
03. Firecracker 47
02. The Bards
01. Dead Roses

Interview
This issue we will be interviewing The Wickerman on their new album "Jeremy"

Q: Where did the name of the album come from?
A: Brian: Well, I read a story online about how some kid who was constantly abused by his parents went mental and shot both of them before taking his own life, and the more we talked about it, the more we started to build on the story, and eventually the whole idea of 'Jeremy' kinda took shape.
Vinny: This whole topic was pretty fresh in our minds when we started writing songs, and un-intentionally we began to create riffs and progressions that just seemed to form the perfect soundtrack to the story of 'Jeremy', so when we went in to record, we decided that somehow it just felt write to record this "soundtrack", because it had basically manifested the entire band and the only way to get it off our chests was to share Jeremy's story with the world.

Q: Whats the number 1 single on the album?
A: Brian: The leading single is most likely gonna be 'Somewhere to Hide'. We really want to just hit every one over the head, and this is the ideal song for that, cause its starts out with a delicate little arpeggio, then it just bursts open and drowns you in pure heaviness.
Vinny: We'll most likely follow that up with a much more proggy song like 'Jeremy's Wall From Society' or 'When Hearts Bleed Ink'.
Brian: What we're trying to get at is that we don't really have a plan. *laughs*

Q: How long did it take the band to record "Jeremy"?
A: Vinny: Recording this album was definitely a trip for us, cause we're used to just going in there and laying down all the rythm, drums and bass at the same time, usually in one or two runs, and then just overdubbing solos, but instead we did everything separately and probably managed to get through a song in 3-4 days, since Scott H. (Producer, Blood of Wecz) really drove us to get everything perfect. Drum tracking alone took almost 2 weeks.

Q: Did the name of the album come fast or did it take a while to come up with it?
A: Brian:Well, we actually never intended on a double disc album, but like Vinny said earlier, we just felt we had to release the "soundtrack" material, so once we decided for sure that we were having a double disc, the name came pretty fast.

Q: What is the bands favourite song on the album?
A: Vinny: Personally I like the sheer face melting, spine crushing riffy masterpiece of 'The Abyss Looms Over Head', partially because it was the first song we've all written together, and it has the perfect combination of ripping riffs and technical proginess.
Brian: Well for me, considering I'm a guitarist I officially love 'Fistful Of Steel', cause its a song I wrote that is essentially a 6 and a half minute guitar solo, so whats not to like?

Q: Where was the album recorded?
A: Brian: At Vendetta Studios, which is a small studio in L.A. owned by our ex-bassist and close friend Zack Garcia's dad, which shows that there were no hard feelings about him leaving the band.

Q: What record label was the album released under?
A: Vinny: Molotov Records, which is officially the most kick-ass label ever.

Q: Will a tour follow the album?
A: Brian: We're about half way through our 'Darkest Tour', which is a massive 115 dates with openers Nile's Fear, so we still have a ways to go, but you can expect a shitload of Festivals and possibly a tour that is tentatively being called 'The Monsters' Call to Tour', named after the double disc containing 'Jeremy' and 'Satanic Pantheon", 'Call to Monstrosity', which is out in a box set at your local record shop now, so go buy it you little shits!

Thanks guys for all your time, we hope to interview you again, good luck on the rest of your journey as a band.

Edited by user 16 September 2009 05:21:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
My Bands
Written In Red [hard rock] (Think Theory of a Deadman and Breaking Benjamin)
Mondaymonday [Alternative Rock/Emo] (Think Panic At The Disco and All Time Low)
7 Miles South [Southern Rock/Country/Blues] (Think Lynyrd Skynyrd and Stevie Ray Vaughan]
Offline Infexxion  
#2 Posted : 16 September 2009 07:04:11(UTC)
Infexxion

Good stuff. Keep it coming.
Infexxion

Sounds like: Breaking Benjamin, Metallica, Linkin Park, and The Offspring all mixed together.

Johnny Deck - Vocals/Rhythm Guitar (only on certain songs)
Leon Deck - Drums
Jasper Fade - Bass

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline bikz  
#3 Posted : 16 September 2009 07:14:33(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
WE'RE NUMBER THREE! THANKYOUUUUU! And thanks for saying we deserved our Birdie as well! :D
-J.Firecracker.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline GirlSpice  
#4 Posted : 16 September 2009 07:22:09(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Molly: Top 10 already and we've only released one single! Yay!! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline Taylr  
#5 Posted : 16 September 2009 07:35:50(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Taylor: Wow, number one band, I know we didn't earn it but we got it because we're going soon. But cheers.
Offline bdylan88  
#6 Posted : 16 September 2009 07:36:35(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
thank you so much for your awesome review!!! We our honored to be #2 on your list! God bless!

-The Bards
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

Offline bikz  
#7 Posted : 16 September 2009 07:52:03(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
GirlSpice wrote:
Molly: Top 10 already and we've only released one single! Yay!! :)

Roxy : Well, you made it onto our album, you must be worth it! (:
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Synxhard  
#8 Posted : 16 September 2009 09:01:06(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Had a great time during the interview, and Top 10 for 3 weeks in a row!

-Brian
The Wicker Man