logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline --Raven--  
#1 Posted : 20 September 2009 05:24:29(UTC)
--Raven--

Groups: Registered
Man

Ex Thunderwolf guitarist and former celebrity Raven was killed this afternoon in a bloody suburban gunfight. Sources say the guitarist bled out from gunshot wounds sustained as he protected a bystander from the shootout. Police say the gunfight was gang related and Raven was not the target of the attack. DNA tests confirm the victim as the ex-rockstar who disappeared from public view some time ago.

Those who remember the guitarist's work remember him fondly as the self-made rockstar, whose technical skill was second to none. His musical work made him a legend among his peers. Together with his band Thunderwolf he won award after award after award. At the peak of his career Raven met Rebel Uprising's Gemma Ferns. The two became close friends, and later, lovers.. his lifestyle would tear them apart however, as Raven's unwavering determination to push his band to higher limits combined with the running of his multi-billion dollar record company/property empire saw the young star crack under stress. He disappeared from public view following a nervous breakdown.

Raven and Thunderwolf made precious few public appearances after this. Raven's young wife Gemma, split from the star taking their son Kai with her as her husband became more and more unpredictable and less and less present. Losing his family caused Raven to sink further into a dark depression. At the request of his bandmates and friends the star sought professional help, even being institutionalized for a time whilst trying to get his life on track.

After a year of intensive psychiatric care Raven forcefully escaped his asylum, injuring several guards, staff and police in the process. A search was launched to find the star but his tracks were lost in the dense bushlands surrounding the facility he had been incarcerated in. No body or trace was ever found. Several mysterious sightings around the world led fans to believe the star was still alive for a time, although they too quickly tailed off.

The man Raven saved never met the star. He said when interviewed that the man who saved him appeared "seemingly from nowhere" and used his body as a shield to protect the man caught in the crossfire. Emergency services dispatched to the scene pronounced him dead on arrival. He was 27.

Edited by user 20 September 2009 07:14:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Taylr  
#2 Posted : 20 September 2009 05:29:01(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Taylor: FUCK NO! This sucks!
Offline old.gregg  
#3 Posted : 20 September 2009 05:38:26(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I'm deeply saddened by the news. Raven was a true legend, and a great friend of mine. He was going through a rough time, but he was definitely a solid dude. At least I know he'll be rocking out with Syke in heaven!

R.I.P
- Jakey
-
Offline xNightsidex  
#4 Posted : 20 September 2009 05:57:49(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Fuck. Big time, fuck. I always believed the rumours Raven was still about and ready to come back anytime, but this isn't the way it was meant to be. :( RIP, buddy.

[[Lewis Mason // Final Heaven]]
Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 20 September 2009 06:07:19(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
(OOC : It's what you had for breakfast. :P Extra points to anyone who gets that.)

Wow. I'm shocked. I didn't think he could actually die, it's as if it wasn't humanly possible for him.
Deepest sympathies to the rest of the band from all at DBM. Raven - enjoy the 27 club and smack Kurt for me.
-Regan Wolfe Robbins (aka. Raven Comatose, the lesser namesake)
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline --Raven--  
#6 Posted : 20 September 2009 06:45:01(UTC)
--Raven--

Man

Rayzor: It's true... he's really gone...
Jimi: He died a hero though. Took one hell of a lot of punishment before he went too.
The Face: My name is Mark, I am Raven's brother. My brother was the strongest man I ever knew... fuck, it took 43 bullets to kill him. Even now I still expect to see him open the door and shrug it off. I Don't know why though. He could have just carried that guy to safety... why sacrifice himself?...
Jimi: I don't know man... I don't think we ever will...
Offline Gemma375*  
#7 Posted : 20 September 2009 06:58:49(UTC)
Gemma375*

Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 7 post(s)
After the shocking news of Thunderwolf frontman Raven's death, reporters have been fighting to get a statement with Gemma Ferns. Finally, a couple of our reporters tracked her down to the family home of bandmate Dean Keller in South Africa.
Miss Ferns, 20, graciously agreed to issue a statement to us. With tears flowing freely and Dean Keller at her side, supporting her, she read the following:

"I am incredibly shocked and saddened by the news of Raven's death. He was not only an outstanding musician but was also an incredible person who would have done anything for those he loved. He was kind, generous and loving and was a rare cross of masculinity and sensitivity and brought joy and laughter into the lives of those who he met. His absence will be painfully felt each and every day and I will carry with me the special memories he has left with me until the day when I hope we will meet again.
I received a letter and a disk that Raven sent to me just before he died and I've decided to release the note to, hopefully, comfort fans and leave them knowing that Raven left the earth the way he wanted to, on his own terms, doing what he wanted to do and the nature of his death tells us everything about his character: he always put others before himself, even if it meant he was left in grave danger.

'Dear Gem,
I'm so sorry, sorry for everything. The way I acted, the way things ended between us, it's all my fault. In a world of lies, where people wanted me for money, or power, you wanted me for me. You showed me a love I couldn't find anywhere else no matter how hard I tried or how hard I looked.
I know I can never make it up to you, and I know you've moved on, or at least are trying your best to. I feel guilty for ruining some of the best years of your life. I would come back to you, but I'm afraid you won't accept me back, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. I know Kai isn't mine. I always knew. But I wanted him to be. I wanted to be there for him and you, like a real husband and father.
I fucked up. Fucked everything up. For years music was my life, to create and to perform. It was what I lived for. Then I met you and felt purpose. I understood humanity. I knew and felt love for the first time. But like an idiot I threw it all away. To my horror I found that without you nothing felt right. I could not create, I could not perform, I was a shell.
People urged me to seek help, but I never wanted help, I wanted you, but I'd see in the media and hear from our friends that you'd moved on, were making a life with Billy. I lost hope. I put myself into therapy hoping I could erase the pain. But they couldn't help me, they wanted me to face it, confront it.
For all their learning and training they couldn't stop the dreams, they couldn't dull the neverending pain of losing you. They tried drugs, but it did nothing, if anything it made me worse. Frustrated and unable to stand the constant pain I broke free.
I feel bad for the people I hurt during my escape, but I could not be in that place any longer. I travelled the world searching for someone who could help me forget the pain of losing the only person to ever have truly loved me. No one could ever help me.
In the end I gave up. If you're reading this now, I'm already gone. To make up for hurting you I have resolved to lessen the pain of others. I know I can never have you back, but if I can reunite other couples who love each other as I love you then hopefully I can avoid anyone else feeling the torture I feel right now.
Attached is my last ever musical work.
I dedicate this, my most beautiful piece to you. It is the labour of 15 years, constantly refined since the day I began to play guitar for real.
Do with it what you will, but when you hear it played, think of me. It is the only way I know to express the love i feel for you in my heart

Love always and forever,
Raven.'

I am not sure yet whether I will release the song Raven wrote and recorded for me yet. It's a very private and honest song, and there is a selfish part of me that would love to keep it for my ears only, the last bond we alone can share, but I know it is selfish as it truly is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard and I think it would be truly special for Raven's fans and contemporaries to hear.

It is with regret that my relationship with Raven ended the way it did, but my love and admiration for him will live on, and I know in my heart that he knew this. Although he had no children by blood, I will ensure his memory and legacy lives on in Kai, who will know all about the special man who loved him so much, despite all the odds.
If Raven is out there, I just pray that he is finally at peace, finally reunited with his beloved father and I hope he will watch over me, and keep his presence alive in my heart forever. I will always love you.

Thank you."

It is still unknown if Gemma will publicly release the song Raven wrote for her, and it is unknown if, and when, she will return from South Africa.

Edited by user 20 September 2009 07:12:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Live Youth are: ---------------------------------------------- Billy Maddison (Solo artist)
Gemma Ferns (Vocals) -- Dean Keller (Lead Guitar)
Jason Cevallos (Guitar) -- Guy Collins (Bass)
Tyler Albright (Drums) -- Levi Reiss (Keyboard)
Offline GirlSpice  
#8 Posted : 20 September 2009 07:33:44(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
May: This is a very sad day for music, me and the rest of GirlSpice had the pleasure to work with Thunderwolf and it was an honour to be recording with Raven. RIP, you will never be forgotten. :(
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline ALX  
#9 Posted : 20 September 2009 12:18:50(UTC)
ALX

Man

bikz wrote:
(OOC : It's what you had for breakfast. :P Extra points to anyone who gets that.)

Wow. I'm shocked. I didn't think he could actually die, it's as if it wasn't humanly possible for him.
Deepest sympathies to the rest of the band from all at DBM. Raven - enjoy the 27 club and smack Kurt for me.

Gregory: Lay a hand on kurt and I will bring you back to life and kill you again...
RP Only Since July 2010

The Owner Of:

Long Nights- [alt-rock/post-grunge- think Foo Fighters meets Creature with the Atom Brain] MTN Climber
-Ryan Page: Vocals/Guitar/Keys
-Warren Mcgriff- Guitar
-Christopher I. Myers- Bass
-Blake Renwick- Drums

The World According To St. Jimmy- [Pop-punk/punk- Think Green Day meets Social Distortion]
-Michael "Dog" Bryant: Vocals
-Shawn "Shady" Harris: Guitar
-Jeff Zamora: Bass
-Karl Hine: Drums

forkboy wrote:
STOP MISSING THE FUCKING POINT YOU INTENTIONALLY OBTUSE BUFFOON

Paradox wrote:
*Shotgun clicks*

Dont mess with prog

The Skulls wrote:
Why thank you. Wait, if I'm alive then -- oh lawdy BRRRAAAAIIINZZZ

Offline --Raven--  
#10 Posted : 20 September 2009 21:09:40(UTC)
--Raven--

Man

ALX wrote:
bikz wrote:

Gregory: Lay a hand on kurt and I will bring you back to life and kill you again...

The Face: You disrespect my brother? I'll tear your little bitch ass in half like a fucking phonebook you cock-smoking waste of space!
Rayzor: You clearly never met Raven. Your pathetic Nirvana fanboy fuckwittery isn't welcome here. Plus anyone who knows... knew... Raven would probably tell you that he could kill you, Kurt, and both your families without breaking a sweat.
Jimi: Fuck man, he's barely been dead two days and you go saying dumb shit like that? Have a little respect.
Offline gumba  
#11 Posted : 21 September 2009 00:06:45(UTC)
gumba

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
This news hit us all like a smack in the guts. I love Raven, he was a genius musician and a wonderful person whom we were blessed enough to spend time with on tour as well as at various festivals and events. I was even lucky enough to record a song with him, coincidentally called 'Die Trying'. Raven's amazing talent, relentless work ethic and phenomenal personality made him arguably the most respected individual to grace the music world. We can only take solace in the fact that he, like a true music legend, died aged 27.

Be at peace my brother, we will love you always

- Clint Walkingshaw and Pilot
Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)
Offline The Nimrods  
#12 Posted : 21 September 2009 00:09:25(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Raven's death to us is a giant loss.Him and Thunderwolf are part of the reason we shifted genres in the first place.No on could play better than him and few cam close to matching.I'm very surprised about how he died but at the same time he died a heroes death.If I could've played with anyone it would be him.

Jimmy him
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....