logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline funkyfrank11289  
#1 Posted : 21 September 2009 16:21:27(UTC)
funkyfrank11289

Groups: Registered

UserPostedImage
Headlines
Real music magazine released its first issue and it was excellent, the layout was one of the greatest for a magazine. It is by far one of the greatest magazines in The Rockstar world, aside Smash Magazine. It covered all the recent headlines and album reviews.

Album Reviews and Previews
The Bards- "Dragon Dancer"- This album is great and very experimental. The story it tells while listening to the album is like reading a book, thats really easy to get into. 9/10
The Infidels- "Brian Griffin Album"- This is possibly the worst album,but, thats what make it great.A great Idea gone bad. 7/10
Isabel- "Temptation"- This album hasn't been released yet, but, this is a great artist and has also done a song with Stephanie Fierce.
PANIC!- "Broke Down On Memory Lane"- This album hasnt bee released neither, but this is one of WLM magazines favorite bands, so I can garuntee a great album.
Featured Release- Dynamite- "Feline"- This album is one of the best albums of the week, wait, this is the best album of the week. This band hasn't even been out that long and they are already huge. 10/10

Tours
Silver Spoons- Wanted Dead Or Alive Tour- This should be a great tour that I can't wait to see.
Bikki- The Lip Synch Tour- This is going to be my favourite of the year, with supporters such as Raven Comatose, Kitena Dale, Rayne Berry and Emma Blunt how can you go wrong?
Miss Vanity- Prisoner USA Tour- What a geat singer and this is going to be a great tour.

Top Bands
10. Isabel
09. Pilot
08. Dynamite
07. The Bards
06. Biki
05. Miss Vanity
04. Volume 11
03. Failed Youth
02. Raven Comatose
01. PANIC!

The following is a interview with Pilot's Clint Walkingshaw:

Q: Where did the name of the band come from?
A: We like to keep some mystery around that so there's three stories we tell. Originally we were called The Fusion, but we changed that when we realised we weren't fusing anything. We wanted a name that was one small word and catchy like our fellow Melbournians, Jet. While talking about this in a car we noticed that the car infront of us had a bumper sticker that read 'JETPILOT' and so we took this as a sign to call ourselves Pilot. That's what I'll tell you in this interview anyway, that's one of the stories that may or may not be true.

Q: What inspired the band to form?
A: I'd been writing some songs as a teenager and after I'd written Can't Sit Still, which we still play at every show, wanted to get a band together to play it at a local high schools Battle of the Bands type thing. Stephen and (original bassist) Tristan didn't actually know how to play their insstruments but were keen to be in the band so they learnt just the parts to that song and then learnt the instruments from there.

Q: If you had the chance to tour with any band in the world, which would it be?
A:Wow, we've toured with a number of great bands and played festivals with heaps of others. Now it's nice to be the elder statesmen and tour with some up and coming bands. PANIC! are a cool band we'd like to tour with, also archaic couture, but their in and out of the scene like a...umm...a something anyway.

Q: If you could partner up with any singer/sonwriter for one song, who would it be?
A:I partnered up with some great artists for my solo album a number of years back. I'd love to have been able to partner up with Jack Fate. If you mean living or dead artists, then my answer is Jack Fate.

Q: Are there any albums in the near future for Pilot?
A:Oh yeah. We've got songs together for an album that's gonna be called 'Remember The Future'. We'll release the first single a few weeks after we release our single for the cover extravaganza. Then we'll release the album a few weeks after that.

Q: How about tours?
A: We're on our reunion tour right now. We've got three more shows in Australia, including tonights, then we head to the UK and then the US. After we release the album we're gonna go on a huge worldwide tour, playing stadiums...should be a blast.

Q: Okay this is the last question, Describe your music in two words.
A: Wow, tough question man. Fucking tough question coz we've got our alt/pop-rock stuff and our prog stuff that we keep seperate. I guess I'll just get cocky and call it 'life affirming'. Cheers man, peace.
UserPostedImage
My Bands
Written In Red [hard rock] (Think Theory of a Deadman and Breaking Benjamin)
Mondaymonday [Alternative Rock/Emo] (Think Panic At The Disco and All Time Low)
7 Miles South [Southern Rock/Country/Blues] (Think Lynyrd Skynyrd and Stevie Ray Vaughan]
Offline bdylan88  
#2 Posted : 21 September 2009 17:37:04(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
thanks for the review!
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 21 September 2009 20:43:38(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Victoria: Well "Feline" is a single, not our album... but we're glad you love it! Thanks so much for the great review.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#4 Posted : 21 September 2009 20:58:33(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
OOC: I knew this was a Eeny, meeny, miny, moe rough draft type of magazine.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 21 September 2009 22:18:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: Yay i'm in the top 10 :]
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline bikz  
#6 Posted : 22 September 2009 00:33:30(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Raven : Second. Neat as! Whoever you are, I beat you!
Bikki : What about PANIC!?
Raven : Ravenstick .... :P
Bikki : Anyway. You me at six, assuming "Biki" is me, and they seem to like my tour. Also neat as. Cheers! (:
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline PANIC!  
#7 Posted : 22 September 2009 05:05:31(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"Wow how did we get number one? We've really been in incognito lately. But hey, I can't say I'm complaining!"

--.` Ashley Perry
UserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#8 Posted : 22 September 2009 08:20:41(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
PANIC! wrote:
"Wow how did we get number one? We've really been in incognito lately. But hey, I can't say I'm complaining!"

--.` Ashley Perry

My thoughts also... Ha, only joking. Thanks for 3rd place! But where's the review of our album eh! Hehe.

Tiny//Failed Youth
Offline Captain Insano  
#9 Posted : 22 September 2009 11:23:04(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I thought an album about Brian Griffin was a cracking idea....mmmm, 7/10? That's better than the -1000000/10 we got for our last record, whatever it was called

Tomi
The Infidels!
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.