logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline funkyfrank11289  
#1 Posted : 22 September 2009 19:38:19(UTC)
funkyfrank11289

Groups: Registered

We bought an old stadium in Las Vegas, formally called Vegas Arena, and we bought it and named it We Love Music Stadium and remodeled it a little bit and opened it for a one night SECRET pre-premiere just to do a test and everything works right, the premiere night will be September 25th with three selected bands, the bands will be announced sometime between the 22nd and the 23rd.
Thanks
The Outside Of The Stadium
UserPostedImage
The Outside Portion Of The Secret Test Show.
UserPostedImage
The Inside Portion Of The Secret Test Show.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
My Bands
Written In Red [hard rock] (Think Theory of a Deadman and Breaking Benjamin)
Mondaymonday [Alternative Rock/Emo] (Think Panic At The Disco and All Time Low)
7 Miles South [Southern Rock/Country/Blues] (Think Lynyrd Skynyrd and Stevie Ray Vaughan]
Offline bdylan88  
#2 Posted : 23 September 2009 06:54:41(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
sound awesome!
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

Offline Synxhard  
#3 Posted : 23 September 2009 10:26:34(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Holy shit! That is one big stadium! I would say that The Wicker Man have to play there, but there probably won't be room for massive mosh pits or walls of death like we're famous for, since the stage is circular. Correct me if I'm wrong and we'll leap at the chance to book ourselves there sometime. We Love Music has always been a reliable magazine for the masses, and this is just more proof of it!

-Vinny
The Wicker Man

OOC: Is the inside show a U2 concert? just curious.
Offline funkyfrank11289  
#4 Posted : 23 September 2009 13:37:22(UTC)
funkyfrank11289

We could shut half the stage down and move some stuff around and make it an open floor for all the moshing you can dream of. We will book you for the opening night.
ooc: yes I think it is
UserPostedImage
My Bands
7 Miles South [Southern Rock/Country/Blues] (Think Lynyrd Skynyrd and Stevie Ray Vaughan]
Offline Synxhard  
#5 Posted : 24 September 2009 08:11:35(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Sounds great! Definitely will be a highlight of our career to perform on opening night. Thanks.

-Vinny
The Wicker Man
Offline funkyfrank11289  
#6 Posted : 24 September 2009 11:16:47(UTC)
funkyfrank11289

The Wicker Man is playing opening night so we need two more bands to play so if you want to play then put the name of your band your genre and why you think we should choose you.
UserPostedImage
My Bands
Offline Paradox  
#7 Posted : 24 September 2009 11:46:45(UTC)
Paradox

Man

You might do a mini-metal fest, Insolent Paradox will fit that, and we have gained a fancult over the world so you will get sales definetly, we have an album coming our way and we'll love to play some tracks from this coming record live if you choose us, and since you already have that moshing plus it is perfect for some good friendly violent fun, we play prog/thrash by the way.
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline Synxhard  
#8 Posted : 24 September 2009 14:25:28(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Never did mind a little competition! Hope to see you guys there. It would be a big step for prog thrash, and I don't think we've ever shared the stage, other than Blackhorn, which was a little different.

-Vinny
The Wicker Man
Offline six-T-nine  
#9 Posted : 25 September 2009 03:07:18(UTC)
six-T-nine

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Wow, nice stadium..hope to play a show there sometime next year :D

(ooc:Nice to see people using The Millenium Stadium ;D)
Heartless
5-piece Welsh melodic hardcore band.
Signed to Halcyon Days Records
Debut album Little Liars released Autumn 2011

Dan Serverge
Solo artist & producer
Unsigned
Debut solo album Enemies coming soon.

Aftermath Festival
Twice-yearly festival, outdoor & indoor
Offline funkyfrank11289  
#10 Posted : 25 September 2009 15:07:07(UTC)
funkyfrank11289

The opening night has been moved to 9/27 with The Wicker Man, Insolent Paradox, and another band, waiting on another band that would like to play.

Edited by user 25 September 2009 15:10:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
My Bands
Offline funkyfrank11289  
#11 Posted : 27 September 2009 15:30:30(UTC)
funkyfrank11289

opening night acts

The Wicker man
Insolent Paradox
Mondaymonday
UserPostedImage
My Bands
Offline Paradox  
#12 Posted : 28 September 2009 05:02:45(UTC)
Paradox

Man

OOC: So we're roleplaying here?
RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

Offline Synxhard  
#13 Posted : 28 September 2009 06:04:18(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

OOC: What's the order of the performances?
Offline funkyfrank11289  
#14 Posted : 28 September 2009 08:34:28(UTC)
funkyfrank11289

Yes roplay here and the order is
Mondaymonday first, Insolent Paradox next, then The Wicker Man.
ooc: I will start it with Mondaymonday and then you will know when it starts
UserPostedImage
My Bands
Offline funkyfrank11289  
#15 Posted : 28 September 2009 09:24:31(UTC)
funkyfrank11289

First we set up the stage and get ready to start our show being the opening band for the We Love Music Stadium's opening night. The crowd is just starting to pile in. When the stage is finally set we start our show.
"How are yall doin tonight"
*The crowd screams*
"We are Mondaymonday, the first band to play at the We Love Music Stadium"
*Crowd goes wild again*
The first sond we are going to do is right off of our new album and it is called, This Is My Ode"
*We start the song with the guitar melody and then the drums kick off then the singing*
"How was that?"
*The Crowd Screams*
"These are our first two songs that wrote, and its the first time its ever been played live."
*We Play through, Too Hot To Touch*
*Too Hot To Touch softly fades into The New Blue*
"How are yall doing so far?"
*The crowd goes wild*
"Now we have three more songs for you"
*The crowd shouts*
"Now when I say Monday you say monday, Monday"
*monday*
"Monday"
*monday*
"Monday"
*monday*
*We start to play Monday*
*The crowd goes crazy as we start one of you lead singles*
"At the end of Monday we just keep jamming for about 4 mins."
*The Crowd Goes Crazy*
"Now these are the last two songs we have for yall"
*We start playing Looking Back*
*The crowd loves the song*
"Alright this is, Im The Best Damn Disease"
*The crowd goes crazy and they love our leading single*
*The crowd sings along with the lyrics they know*
*We walk off stage and close the curtain and start to take down our equipment for Insolent paradox, when the crowd starts shouting more so we go out for an encore and we play Wow She Spent 300 Dollars On That.*
*When we came back out the crowd went crazy and we sand Wow She Spent 300 Dollars On That*
UserPostedImage
My Bands
Offline Paradox  
#16 Posted : 28 September 2009 11:31:30(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Daniel goes out on the stage that only features some strange figures and the band logo as scenography without his guitar
"Hey, hey"
The audience goes nuts
"Im gonna leave you a bit with my friend over here, scream for MR. ERIK SCHUTER"
Then Erik starts playing a drum solo using his entire drum kit, it slowly starts building from a simple double bass drum beat to a unbeliavable madness, after 2 minutes of octopuss-like drumming, he stops and starts playing the bass drum beat from the beginning on a brazilian-like percussion kit, then he accelerates and falls, he ends up playing the same beat on percussion, bass-drums, and tom-toms at a incredibly fast tempo, then the rest of the band finally comes in, Jose speaks
"So did you enjoy it, now we are playing this.. kind of small jam we do it is a real classic of thrash, you should know it, this is..ehm.. Horrorscope" The band starts playing a weird rendition of Horrorscope, it is infused with a doom like feeling, Dani here uses the highest pitch he can achieve, the song speeds up right before the solo, and then the band stops playing, after this short pause, Dani screams and then Hector starts playing the weirdest solo he could made with an Overkill song and some pedals, the song stops and speeds up during the solo, then Dani and Jose get on a bass vs guitar duel, after that the band gets backs on the chorus, and they end the song
"Are you bored?"The crowd screams"I dont know (laughs), this next songs are done for you to slam, I've been said WLM prepared the stadium to do that, right? Hector plays 3 simple notes that make the stadium a sanitarium for a while, then he stops, then Dani screams "Chaos In Hell" The band plays a fast paced version of this song, the crowd makes several mosh pits, then the band reaches a jazzy breakdown, they start playing Pieces with no pause between songs, then instead of Hector playing the solo of the song, Jose plays a slap version of this on his bass, once the song is done,
Hector comes up to the mic and says:
"Well on our American tour, we have been playing this song, it was supposed to go on our next album, but we changed plans so it wont be out for a while, but it is a great track so here it is, WORLD WIDE LABORATORY!!!...", they go on playing the fast riff of this song, til they arrive to a chaotic solo where Hector incorportes dissonant chords and Jose plays a Cynic-styled bassline, then after the song reaches its climax, it simply fades
Then Dani speaks: "So how about now having a good time?, here is another one only fans should know, a 27-minute epic, you know its name", the crowd shouts "ALTAAAAR", they play a series of chord proggressions along with the main sound structure and bring in a few well known songs between riffs, when the song is done, Hector says: "ehmm.. thanks, we are playing Remember", they play through this song with a low-tune, without major changes from the original song.
The band members talk for a while then Daniel starts playing a growing arpeggio, that the crowd recognizes as Facing The Abyss, then they play throught the slow paced part of this song but then instead of playing the bridge to the fast part of the song, they shift to the slow part from Under the Mountain, the band then reaches the bridge of the 2nd song and then shifts again to Facing the Abyss, they continue to do this and when they finally get to the heavy part of Facing the Abyss, they play through it normally again, when they reach the solo, Daniel starts playing the solo of Under the Mountain, and Hector plays the solo of Abyss, while they do this twisted guitar duel, Jose and Erik play a funk-styled rhythm, once the band is done with this chaotic section, the Stadium's light go out and the band goes away.
A while later the four of them (Jose with a two-neck bass) go back and with no introduction they go into the 11-minute epic Death And Beginning, Dani does this on a guttural voice, while Hector does backing vocals on a grindcore style, overall this song here is played practically from a full death/grindcore approach, when the song is done Jose puts his two neck bass down and a roadie hands him his normal 5-string bass. Again with no introduction the band goes on jazz/prog metal rendition of Even Flow, with Hector doing the main vocals, the solo is played by Daniel and then Hector plays the solo of State of Love and Trust while the rest of the song fades away. Daniel speaks:
"Wow those two were some weird songs right?, now we are gonna play a song we'd like to do the way it was recorded, this is Perfectionist"
The band does this with a extended solo, then they play Evolution of Man and Animal, also with no major changes or technical wankery, then they proceed to play another weird version this time from The Who's Wont Get Fooled Again, this one is just played with catchy riffs and huge rhythm base, deconstructing the song and rebuilding it as an Insolent Paradox song, when the band reaches that famous scream Daniel puts all his voice into it, the lights go out and then the lights go on and the band continues to play, once they are done the crowd goes mad, Jose then goes to the mic and says:
"So you like thrash, huh?, this is New Order from Testament"
The band again plays a more normal, not so experimental song, and at the end the band goes into a solo duel ending with the band using all their potential, then they start playing the bridge and outro from Anger Manifesto, after that they take another encore break
The crowd starts thinking about going to take a break and buying something else before Wicker Man starts playing, but then the band surprises them with Last Caress from Misfits, which they use as an intro to one of their major songs named just like the band, Insolent Paradox, the vocals here are the standout, then Jose Lugo takes a flute, and Dani says:
"Yes, we can play several instruments, do you by any chance know a band named Jethro Tull"
Crowd screams "YEEEEEAAAAHHHHH"
"So, this is Thick as a brick"
This is another highlight on their performance, they keep alternating between Tull's atmosphere and a Slayer-ish riffage on every chorus and verse, the band then ends on a prog metal like riffage with Jose playing flute, definitely one of the best moments of the concert
Paradox starts playing a riff that most of the audience recognizes immediately as Gates to Awakening, the band plays and ends this song normally
Then Dani screams (again):
"And then came the WINDWALKER!!!"
The band starts playing the song, and when they reach the solo the stage figures on the back start moving after this tornado of notes, the band ends its performance, as a goodbye Dani says:
"Enjoy The Wicker Man, hope you still have enough healthy bones to keep moshing, buy our records, we were Insolent Paradox, now fuck off"

Setlist:
Drum Solo
Horrorscope
Pieces/Chaos In Hell
Worldwide Laboratory
Altar
Remember
Facing The Abyss/Under The Mountain

Death and Beginning
Even Flow
Perfectionist
Evolution of Man and Animal
Wont Get Fooled Again
The New Order/Solo Jam/Anger Manifesto

Last Caress/Insolent Paradox
Thick As A Brick
Gates to Awakening
Windwalker

Edited by user 28 September 2009 11:32:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

Offline Paradox  
#17 Posted : 28 September 2009 11:34:46(UTC)
Paradox

Man

OOC: That was some hard roleplay it took me an hour and 1/2, thoughts? feedback?
RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

Offline Synxhard  
#18 Posted : 28 September 2009 15:38:37(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

OOC: I'll have mine up soon, kinda busy