logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 24 September 2009 04:49:13(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
SMASH! Exclusive

The Schadenfreude Ecdysiast, Liam O'Mallys project, is set to release it's third album, and we've got a big fat juicy promo single for you. It's called 'Hydrogen', and the b-sides of it are going to be live recordings from the previous live version of 'Reason's To Believe'.

- Hydrogen; - 6:06
The song begins with a dark, low straight baseline that you can barely hear. The bassline slowly gets louder until the sound begins throbbing. After five seconds, a distorted guitar begins playing a slow repetitive riff on his guitar. Then the drum's kick in. To the beginning it's only a light tapping of the symbols but it soon turns into quite a tribal beat. As the beat and guitar picks up pace, all the while the bassline throbbing, suddenly it stops. Pause. Suddenly with a crash of symbols a violin bursts onto the scene along with the other instruments. The violin playing violently and powerfully are beautiful and quiet eerie over the top of the deep guitar playing. After this Liam begins singing. His voice almost vibrates your headphones and echoes around your skull. The lyrics describe her job and her passion, but how it is simply a fascade she puts over what in fact is a depressing and degrading life. There is no definate chorus and the same tempo and melody is played throughout, however changing notes and pitch as it goes. At the end it stops suddenly, leaving only the bassline throbbing until it finally reaches silence.

More news of the new album will be with you soon, and the single is out on 26th September.
Offline Synxhard  
#2 Posted : 24 September 2009 07:58:33(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Fantastic! I gotta say, you guys pump out albums faster than almost anyone else in the business. Really dig the sort of experimental thing you got goin', reminds me a lot of the Nine Inch Nails. Goddamn Liam, you are one hell of a song writer! This will definitely be playing at my house for a while to come.

-Matt
Nile's Fear

OOC: I really like the song description, looks like you put a lot of good effort into it. :)
Offline Aj  
#3 Posted : 27 September 2009 01:51:52(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Thanks man, I love what Nile's Fear are doing at the moment too. Inspirational stuff, really.
Also, the single's out today. Buy it, if you don't like it, then well your a mug. But seriously, buy it because it's really awesome and just a taster of what's to come in my new album which I'm really excited about.
Hydrogen has also been put on a short list to be on Jakey Comatose's Remix album which he's putting out soon, so if it does get on then definately go buy that because I'm giving him free reign over what he does to it so it will be great!

Liam