logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mouj  
#21 Posted : 13 June 2009 21:35:22(UTC)
mouj

Groups: Registered
Man

Good news, everyone! Gillians have been confirmed to support fAthOm and Smash Up on their joint, short, European tour. They will also be supporting with K.I.C.K.A.R.S.E.
Gillians / Alternative Rock
Johnny Young / Vocals & Guitar
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, you win. Forever.
I like cheesecake. :D
Offline mouj  
#22 Posted : 18 June 2009 17:13:18(UTC)
mouj

Man

Today Gillians announced the fifth song of their upcoming album New Jersey. For those who aren't up to date, the current track-list is, in no particular order:

Making a Splash! in New Jersey
Atlantic Rush
Together
New Jersey
Killing Georgie [new song]

The last song on that list is the last in the long series of Gillians' hatred for George W. Bush. Along with the five-part Georgie and soft, well-written Forgetting Georgie, Killing Georgie is the final song.
"Basically, what it's saying is that no matter what happens, we'll always love to hate Georgie," bassist, and singer/writer of Georgie, Forgetting Georgie and Killing Georgie, Bob Smith said. "It let's out our final hatred in one big, loud bang. We'll be releasing it with our single, Together, in a seven-song EP with all the other Georgie songs, so keep an eye out for it."
Gillians have also announced that Together will be delayed since they do not have enough popularity to release a single and sell enough copies. Fans are disappointed.
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#23 Posted : 28 June 2009 14:30:28(UTC)
mouj

Man

Gillians have been in the studio for ten days now and have come out with no B-Sides for the Together single. However, Together has been recorded along with another version of the all-time Gillians favourite, Making a Splash! in New Jersey.
It is also now rumored that bassist Bob Smith is planning to leave the band as soon as Together comes out. A bartender in a Manchester pub said that he heard Bob and an unknown guitarist talking. During the conversation, Bob said that when he left Gillians, the guitarist would be in his solo backing band. Johnny Young is yet to respond to these claims.
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#24 Posted : 07 January 2010 10:35:37(UTC)
mouj

Man

7 January, 2010: Whoa! Nobody's done any shit here for a long time! Just look at the toilet, it's frosted over! Anyway, it's Johnny here in the ol' Gillians HQ. There's all these old instruments and recording equipment, and some shitty lyrics... something called Together or some shit. Anyway, just thought I'd drop off the latest news. It's been over six months since you heard anything from us, and we feel kinda. So we've been playing gig after gig, in clubs, halls, stadiums, everything, and the ticket's have been a pound per person. So, yeah, I guess that makes up for some of that... Well, news... Oh, yeah, well Bob left the band for some solo thingy in America, but he broke his spine getting off the plane, and he's in some hospital in the mid-west now. We've replaced him with old friend, Fred Johnson. We've all taken up smoking again, we've all been smoking a lot of cannabis, too. I like that word. Cannabis. Less used than marijuana, or pot, or whatev. We've basically written a whole album, bar two songs, and you should see a single called Corngirl very soon. We just need to do a bit of touring, and promoting. So, I guess that's it, look out for Corngirl this month, and soon a self-titled album, more centered around relationships with girls and the English club scene. A bit Arctic Monkey-esque. And we love the Kooks.

Edited by user 07 January 2010 10:46:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#25 Posted : 07 January 2010 10:56:50(UTC)
mouj

Man

After their incredibly long, unexplained absence, Gillians have returned. With their return, not only have they scrapped all past album plans, but they've also lost long-term bassist and vocalist Bob Smith.
"We just had some drastic creative differences," Johnny Young, the lead vocalist and second guitarist of the band, said during a talk with production employees. "Me and Vic, who's taken a shining to writing songs, wanted to write more songs about girls, the sexual impulse, going clubbing, stuff like that, but Bob wanted to keep our old, random meaningless shit and release an album of it. If he had his way, the album would have only five new songs or so. With ours, there are no new songs. So, he left for America, basically, and I called up Fred, and he just joined.
"He's been great help, thinking up some better bass lines than Bob would of ever come up with, and he even wrote a song called Charlie for the new album. It's about a kid. His name is Charlie."
Gillians are set to release a single, Corngirl, before the month is out, plus announce a tour of England and Europe. Their next album, supposedly self-titled, will be released early February.
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline Regan  
#26 Posted : 07 January 2010 13:24:00(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
mouj wrote:
After their incredibly long, unexplained absence, Gillians have returned. With their return, not only have they scrapped all past album plans, but they've also lost long-term bassist and vocalist Bob Smith.
"We just had some drastic creative differences," Johnny Young, the lead vocalist and second guitarist of the band, said during a talk with production employees. "Me and Vic, who's taken a shining to writing songs, wanted to write more songs about girls, the sexual impulse, going clubbing, stuff like that, but Bob wanted to keep our old, random meaningless shit and release an album of it. If he had his way, the album would have only five new songs or so. With ours, there are no new songs. So, he left for America, basically, and I called up Fred, and he just joined.
"He's been great help, thinking up some better bass lines than Bob would of ever come up with, and he even wrote a song called Charlie for the new album. It's about a kid. His name is Charlie."
Gillians are set to release a single, Corngirl, before the month is out, plus announce a tour of England and Europe. Their next album, supposedly self-titled, will be released early February.

Can't wait to hear it! Glad to hear one of my favorite bands are back!
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline mouj  
#27 Posted : 07 January 2010 13:33:09(UTC)
mouj

Man

Regan wrote:
mouj wrote:

-Regan Futrell

Sev: Awww, thanks Regan. It's great to actually have a true fan so successful and famous!
Johnny: You've always stood by us Regan. Thank you! In fact, may we ask you to utilise your amazing voice for our new song, Unpackable Man. We really need someone with your vocal range.
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline Regan  
#28 Posted : 07 January 2010 13:50:17(UTC)
Regan

Man

mouj wrote:
Regan wrote:
mouj wrote:

-Regan Futrell

Sev: Awww, thanks Regan. It's great to actually have a true fan so successful and famous!
Johnny: You've always stood by us Regan. Thank you! In fact, may we ask you to utilise your amazing voice for our new song, Unpackable Man. We really need someone with your vocal range.

Of course I'll do it!
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
Offline mouj  
#29 Posted : 07 January 2010 13:52:22(UTC)
mouj

Man

Alright, cool. Pop down to the studio one day! Unpackable Man is now Unpackable Man ft. Regan Futrell.

-Johnny Young [Vocals/Guitarist // Gillians]
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline Regan  
#30 Posted : 07 January 2010 13:57:11(UTC)
Regan

Man

mouj wrote:
Alright, cool. Pop down to the studio one day! Unpackable Man is now Unpackable Man ft. Regan Futrell.

-Johnny Young [Vocals/Guitarist // Gillians]

Alright. I'm off tour tomorrow so I'll be sure to pop on in!
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
Offline troy211619  
#31 Posted : 07 January 2010 21:52:37(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
OOC:funny, I have a schoolmate named Gillian Co..
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#32 Posted : 07 January 2010 22:03:58(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Looking forward to the album, and the single, and well everything. You guy's are a great band, one of the bands we actually look up to, which is rare seeing as we know we're the shit.

Jack

Edited by user 07 January 2010 22:04:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mouj  
#33 Posted : 08 January 2010 12:45:29(UTC)
mouj

Man

8 January, 2010: Heeeeey, it's Fred here. I'd just like to extend our thanks to all who commented on our upcoming release. Your appreciation was, well, appreciated. It's nice to know people like and look up to us. Especially for me, since I've only been in the band for a month or so, and already I get hassled on the street. But in a good way. Anyway, check out the next news release: it's pretty awesome. Catch ya later! Fred J..
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#34 Posted : 08 January 2010 13:27:53(UTC)
mouj

Man

It has finally arrived...
Today, Gillians announced that their first release for six months, Corngirl has finished production. All the copies are set to release, and is set to hit stores tomorrow or the day after.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

1. Corngirl: Lead singer and second guitarist Johnny Young wrote Corngirl for a girl he met, who was feeling "kinda down". The girl had a boyfriend, but nothing serious was happening. She thought she was ugly and everyone hated her. So Young wrote the song, full of various things that might cheer her up, and played an acoustic version for her at Christmas. Since then, she "really cheered up" and Johnny decided it was a good enough song for the album and the single. The song has nice light guitar, and Young singing is light, beautiful and full of love. The song seems like a bit of a non-sequitur, but Young says it contains "lots and lots of in-jokes" and things that would make the girl in question laugh or feel happy.

2. Abduction Stories: This floaty, slightly haunting Young/Smith collaboration is the only song to survive the destruction of Gillians' old album, New Jersey. The song tells the tale of the band's apparent abduction in something that sounds like a cross-over of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Blink 182". Some of Sev Young's solo moments sound like Jimmy Page, and it's the first Gillians song to make use of synth. The song tells of various trippy, light-filled sequences, and strange world that "look like they're there, but they're not". Although not worthy for album inclusion, the song is a good, slightly strange B-Side for a Gillians album. Still doesn't convince you that they were really abducted by aliens.

3. Corngirl (Acoustic Version): The acoustic version of Corngirl is so sweet and touching it almost makes you cry. Only accompanied by a little of (Vic) Dunlop's drumming, Johnny Young and his guitar absolutely break your heart. After listening to the acoustic version, you'll feel so warm and fuzzy inside, and you feel like going and finding Corngirl, and taking her out, just as illustrated in the song.

The single is being released in the UK and Europe, and is predicted to sell a lot of copies in its first week.
In other news, Gillians is planning a tour through the UK and Europe, possibly going to the US after, and is looking for two supporting acts. If you would like to apply, post on their website or contact them privately.
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#35 Posted : 09 January 2010 10:00:56(UTC)
mouj

Man

Gillians have had their first chart release for six months! Their newest single, Corngirl, racked up 76,326 sales worldwide, not incredibly well, and only came in at #53 on the UK charts falling one sale short of 30,000. Surprisingly, they came in at #48 in Europe with 30,154 sales. With limited release they reached #228 on the USA charts, with a surprising 16,173 sales.
Gillians said they were both amazed and disappointed with the sales. "Our single was rated equally with the top single in the UK," Johnny Young said today. "But we didn't sell or chart anywhere near them. We're slightly disappointed, but it's great that our comeback isn't a complete bomb. We're overall very glad with our release, expecially in the USA, where we didn't expect to sell more than 10,000."
Corngirl is expected to sell more, and chart higher, in its second week.
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#36 Posted : 10 January 2010 17:50:27(UTC)
mouj

Man

It's finally here! The new Gillians album, self-titled, has been released.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Gillians is yet to release any information on the album, apart from the artwork and tracklisting, but have promised that their album and its subsequent singles will share their own website, where all track information, release dates, artwork, interviews, reviews and information on buying them will be found. Stay tuned for more.

In other news, Gillians' latest single, Corngirl, has improved on the charts, but stayed about the same on the sales. Corngirl jumped into the top 40, charting at #36 and selling a further 30,895. It rose to a world-wide high of #33 in Europe and sold a further 29,744 copies, which is slightly less than the last charting. Due to publicity in the press, it jumped up to #192 and sold a further 17,869. Worldwide, it sold a further 78,508 copies and 154,834 copies in total. It jumped up to #219.

Edit: Shit! I forgot to put credits for Regan on Unpackable Man! Will fix by tomorrow.
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums