logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mouj  
#1 Posted : 02 March 2009 17:08:34(UTC)
mouj

Groups: Registered
Man

UserPostedImage

News

It's finally here! The new Gillians album, self-titled, has been released.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Gillians is yet to release any information on the album, apart from the artwork and tracklisting, but have promised that their album and its subsequent singles will share their own website, where all track information, release dates, artwork, interviews, reviews and information on buying them will be found. Stay tuned for more.

In other news, Gillians' latest single, Corngirl, has improved on the charts, but stayed about the same on the sales. Corngirl jumped into the top 40, charting at #36 and selling a further 30,895. It rose to a world-wide high of #33 in Europe and sold a further 29,744 copies, which is slightly less than the last charting. Due to publicity in the press, it jumped up to #192 and sold a further 17,869. Worldwide, it sold a further 78,508 copies and 154,834 copies in total. It jumped up to #219.

Edit: Shit! I forgot to put credits for Regan on Unpackable Man! Will fix by tomorrow.

Gillians have had their first chart release for six months! Their newest single, Corngirl, racked up 76,326 sales worldwide, not incredibly well, and only came in at #53 on the UK charts falling one sale short of 30,000. Surprisingly, they came in at #48 in Europe with 30,154 sales. With limited release they reached #228 on the USA charts, with a surprising 16,173 sales.
Gillians said they were both amazed and disappointed with the sales. "Our single was rated equally with the top single in the UK," Johnny Young said today. "But we didn't sell or chart anywhere near them. We're slightly disappointed, but it's great that our comeback isn't a complete bomb. We're overall very glad with our release, expecially in the USA, where we didn't expect to sell more than 10,000."
Corngirl is expected to sell more, and chart higher, in its second week.

It has finally arrived...
Today, Gillians announced that their first release for six months, Corngirl has finished production. All the copies are set to release, and is set to hit stores tomorrow or the day after.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

1. Corngirl: Lead singer and second guitarist Johnny Young wrote Corngirl for a girl he met, who was feeling "kinda down". The girl had a boyfriend, but nothing serious was happening. She thought she was ugly and everyone hated her. So Young wrote the song, full of various things that might cheer her up, and played an acoustic version for her at Christmas. Since then, she "really cheered up" and Johnny decided it was a good enough song for the album and the single. The song has nice light guitar, and Young singing is light, beautiful and full of love. The song seems like a bit of a non-sequitur, but Young says it contains "lots and lots of in-jokes" and things that would make the girl in question laugh or feel happy.

2. Abduction Stories: This floaty, slightly haunting Young/Smith collaboration is the only song to survive the destruction of Gillians' old album, New Jersey. The song tells the tale of the band's apparent abduction in something that sounds like a cross-over of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Blink 182". Some of Sev Young's solo moments sound like Jimmy Page, and it's the first Gillians song to make use of synth. The song tells of various trippy, light-filled sequences, and strange world that "look like they're there, but they're not". Although not worthy for album inclusion, the song is a good, slightly strange B-Side for a Gillians album. Still doesn't convince you that they were really abducted by aliens.

3. Corngirl (Acoustic Version): The acoustic version of Corngirl is so sweet and touching it almost makes you cry. Only accompanied by a little of (Vic) Dunlop's drumming, Johnny Young and his guitar absolutely break your heart. After listening to the acoustic version, you'll feel so warm and fuzzy inside, and you feel like going and finding Corngirl, and taking her out, just as illustrated in the song.

The single is being released in the UK and Europe, and is predicted to sell a lot of copies in its first week.
In other news, Gillians is planning a tour through the UK and Europe, possibly going to the US after, and is looking for two supporting acts. If you would like to apply, post on their website or contact them privately.

After their incredibly long, unexplained absence, Gillians have returned. With their return, not only have they scrapped all past album plans, but they've also lost long-term bassist and vocalist Bob Smith.
"We just had some drastic creative differences," Johnny Young, the lead vocalist and second guitarist of the band, said during a talk with production employees. "Me and Vic, who's taken a shining to writing songs, wanted to write more songs about girls, the sexual impulse, going clubbing, stuff like that, but Bob wanted to keep our old, random meaningless shit and release an album of it. If he had his way, the album would have only five new songs or so. With ours, there are no new songs. So, he left for America, basically, and I called up Fred, and he just joined.
"He's been great help, thinking up some better bass lines than Bob would of ever come up with, and he even wrote a song called Charlie for the new album. It's about a kid. His name is Charlie."
Gillians are set to release a single, Corngirl, before the month is out, plus announce a tour of England and Europe. Their next album, supposedly self-titled, will be released early February.

Gillians have been in the studio for ten days now and have come out with no B-Sides for the Together single. However, Together has been recorded along with another version of the all-time Gillians favourite, Making a Splash! in New Jersey.
It is also now rumored that bassist Bob Smith is planning to leave the band as soon as Together comes out. A bartender in a Manchester pub said that he heard Bob and an unknown guitarist talking. During the conversation, Bob said that when he left Gillians, the guitarist would be in his solo backing band. Johnny Young is yet to respond to these claims.

Today Gillians announced the fifth song of their upcoming album New Jersey. For those who aren't up to date, the current track-list is, in no particular order:

Making a Splash! in New Jersey
Atlantic Rush
Together
New Jersey
Killing Georgie [new song]

The last song on that list is the last in the long series of Gillians' hatred for George W. Bush. Along with the five-part Georgie and soft, well-written Forgetting Georgie, Killing Georgie is the final song.
"Basically, what it's saying is that no matter what happens, we'll always love to hate Georgie," bassist, and singer/writer of Georgie, Forgetting Georgie and Killing Georgie, Bob Smith said. "It let's out our final hatred in one big, loud bang. We'll be releasing it with our single, Together, in a seven-song EP with all the other Georgie songs, so keep an eye out for it."
Gillians have also announced that Together will be delayed since they do not have enough popularity to release a single and sell enough copies. Fans are disappointed.

Gillians today announced that their single, Together, will be released by July 2nd. Gillians fans are really looking forward to this release and Gillians are being hassled by them to release the names of the two B-Sides. The only information released was by Johnny Young today, when he was caught in New York scouting.
"All we can say is that one of the B-Sides could possibly be an acoustic version or remix of Together," he said. "There's a few other songs that we're writing that could get in the single, but we'll decide which ones will go in the album and which ones will go in the singles. Expect a few previews on our website soon."
Gillians are also still looking for one more supporting act for their Along the M62 tour. Any alternative rock bands who are able to tour in the UK are much wanted!

Gillians have a bit of good news for all you fans out there! Although one date has been taken off the Along the M62 tour (the first Liverpool show), small shows like the St. Helens and Warrington shows have already started to sell out, and people are buying tickets from all over the UK to go to the Glasgow Remembrance Day show. Raven Storme has been confirmed for all UK dates and up and coming American rock band Infexxion have signed up for a possible USA leg. Gillians also today confirmed the name of their next album. It will be called New Jersey and will feature old hits like Making a Splash! in New Jersey and Atlantic Rush as well as new songs like Together. More on this as it develops.

Gillians have today announced the name of their "almighty" tour of the UK and, possibly, the USA with the following banner:

UserPostedImage

For those who aren't savvy with the English road systems, the M62 is a highway that leads from Liverpool to Manchester, which is how they'll be starting their tour: Liverpool, then to small towns along the highway, and then to Manchester. They'll then tour the rest of the major cities of the UK by bus; stooping low to get to London, going to the major cities along the way, of course, then going right back up to Liverpool again, then into Scotland and Ireland. From some point in Ireland, they'll fly to New Jersey and start their USA leg with a literal splash into Gillians Wonderland Pier. No more information has been released so far.

Very good news from the Gillidome! Gillians have officially signed a 3 album/15 single/EP deal, plus free access to instruments and studios, with Art is Bullshit, one of the most successful indie labels in the business. Gillians will be releasing their first EP through AiB in a very short time, and Together will also be released through the label very soon.
Other news from Gillians is that a UK-USA tour will start in late September, starting with a basic English road trip then branching out to Scotland and Ireland, then crossing the Atlantic to New Jersey to start their popularity in the USA with the now-customary show at Gillians Water Theme Park, now Gillians Wonderland Pier and Island, in Ocean City, NJ. Two supporting acts will be needed and soon an official site will be set up for the tour.
Vic Dunlop has also completed an interview with Erebus Magazine that will clear up his history in music and his history with drugs. Watch out for it, possibly out in July.

Last night, Gillians, after a small gig at a local nightclub, got completely hammered just before they had an interview scheduled with Johnny's local radio. This interview's importance had risen up and was being broadcast on community television, although thousands nationwide tuned in to watch it:

Reporter (Harry Dawson): Hello, Liverpool. I'm Radio Stooge's Harry Dawson, reporting to you live from the [club's name has been bleeped for personal reason's] where Gillians have just finished a great set after downing around nine scotches each. And here comes the band's lead singer Johnny Young, *Johnny walks towards the camera topless* who's looking slightly shaky. How are you tonight, Johnny?
Johnny: I'm feeling pretty - woo! Sorry, I'm pretty druuuunk. *grabs a random girl and kisses her on the mouth* There you go, Cynthy!
Harry: More than a little bit drunk, I'd say. So how's the new single coming along?
Johnny: Ah, not bad. But I think we could do beetter. It won't be ready for at least a month, I'd say, probably more. *burps*
Harry: Ah ha. So are the lyrics going to be released soon?
Johnny: Hopefully on the site in a few daaayays.
Harry: And any plans for a tour? That set up there was Einstein, if I must say.
Johnny: Yeah, info on that will be released soon, too. A proper toooour won't be for a few monthhhs.
Harry: OK, thanks for talking to me, Johnny! See you sometime soon!
Johnny: Yah, see ya.

As said in the interview, lyrics and a tour will be announced soon. Look out for the upcoming Gillians interview in Smash Magazine.

In other new, a recording session for an upcoming free album The Best We Could Come Up With So Far, a best of album, an argument between Johnny Young and Bob Smith was recorded, where Bob Smith threatened to leave the band. The band dynamic has been upset since the first disappearance of Gillians (remember that plane crash in the Oregon Forest?) and Bob and Johnny have always argued on matters such as riffs (Johnny believes bassists should keep a solid rhythm with a small number of notes, not an all-over the place riff that is displayed in bands such as the Red Hot Chili Peppers) and solos (a bass solo is a rare thing in a Gillians song), as well as lyrics, since Bob and Johnny both sing.

After another long break, Gillians have completely scrapped the idea of the next single, changing it to a new single called Together, a half-ballad, half-grunge song, and have also scrapped liverpuddlerecords. More information on this upcoming single plus more tour dates, since their popularity has dropped, soon. Johnny Young is also expected to appear in an interview of some sort.

Today, along with the new Gillians homepage opening up, Johnny Young announces what happened during their long disappearance.
"Basically, we had just played a concert on our UK tour, after our unsuccessful Eurasian tour, right, and suddenly, this sounds crazy, this blinding light appeared," Johnny said to reporters today."Then we woke up in a white room. There was a digital clock on the wall, and that was it. It was really strange. The clock was going like mad, and the date was changing. Images of current events kept appearing on the walls, while the digital clock slowed down, then disappearing. Then, on about the 20th of February, according to the clock, the room just disappeared and we found ourselves in a Liverpool laneway. We asked everyone and, yes, it was 2009, February. We were totally wacked out. So we went home, and eventually people found out. And now we're ready to start again."
The band have also announced their upcoming single change. It will be called "Silver Cloud" and a bit more "metallic" than their past music.

Band Info

Formation: December, 2007
Genre: Alternative rock
Label: None

Tour Dates
Well... erm...

Discography
(Note: This discography is only from 2010 onwards)

Singles

Corngirl, 8/1/10
UK #53/29,999 sales
Europe #48/30,154 sales
USA #228/16,173 sales
World #228/76,326 sales

The Best Day Of My Life/The Closest I've Ever Come To A Nervous Breakdown, 16/1/10
Chart/sales TBA

Cannabis Casey, 21/1/10
Chart/sales TBA

Unpackable Man ft. Regan Futrell, 26/1/10
Chart/sales TBA

Albums

Gillians, 10/1/10
Chart/sales TBA

Diary/Blog

8 January, 2010: Heeeeey, it's Fred here. I'd just like to extend our thanks to all who commented on our upcoming release. Your appreciation was, well, appreciated. It's nice to know people like and look up to us. Especially for me, since I've only been in the band for a month or so, and already I get hassled on the street. But in a good way. Anyway, check out the next news release: it's pretty awesome. Catch ya later! Fred J..

7 January, 2010: Whoa! Nobody's done any shit here for a long time! Just look at the toilet, it's frosted over! Anyway, it's Johnny here in the ol' Gillians HQ. There's all these old instruments and recording equipment, and some shitty lyrics... something called Together or some shit. Anyway, just thought I'd drop off the latest news. It's been over six months since you heard anything from us, and we feel kinda. So we've been playing gig after gig, in clubs, halls, stadiums, everything, and the ticket's have been a pound per person. So, yeah, I guess that makes up for some of that... Well, news... Oh, yeah, well Bob left the band for some solo thingy in America, but he broke his spine getting off the plane, and he's in some hospital in the mid-west now. We've replaced him with old friend, Fred Johnson. We've all taken up smoking again, we've all been smoking a lot of cannabis, too. I like that word. Cannabis. Less used than marijuana, or pot, or whatev. We've basically written a whole album, bar two songs, and you should see a single called Corngirl very soon. We just need to do a bit of touring, and promoting. So, I guess that's it, look out for Corngirl this month, and soon a self-titled album, more centered around relationships with girls and the English club scene. A bit Arctic Monkey-esque. And we love the Kooks.

13 June, 2009: Greetings, Comrades! This is Bob Smith and I thought I'd just give you an update on our upcoming Album, New Jersey, from myself. This album I haven't been as involved in writing and singing, and I thought I'd give you a slight unbiased view on the album.
So far we've got basic "drafts" for six songs, although some will be needed for B-Sides if we come up with better songs. We've got four confirmed, anyway:
Making a Splash! in New Jersey, Atlantic Rush, Together and New Jersey. You've heard the first two, you've probably heard the third, and the fourth hasn't really been mentioned much. New Jersey is a song about the poverty and crime in America, especially in places like New Jersey, New York and Maryland. We've basically based it on some true accounts from our trips to America, and there's some hints about black oppression. We'd also noted that it wasn't someone from the crime-ridden New England parts of America that shot Johnny, but from Texas. And that was kind of like terrorism. Who are the real criminals? That's another thing we've mentioned in the song; that black people and New English are stereotyped as criminals, but often it's Southerners who do the worse crimes. The song is pretty long, around six minutes, and it still hasn't been finished.
Well, more about this pretty soon,
Thanks,
Bob Smith

5 June, 2009:Yo yo yo, wassup Gilliansians? Prepare to have your face blown off, here's an exclusive look at our lyrics for Together. Hope you like, I wrote 'em myself.

I don't know what you're talking about
But I like it
I don't know where you're going with this
But I'm there
I'm not sure what you're going to do
But I'm with you
I don't care if you're at the end of the world
I'm there too

Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
In the end
Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
Together
Together! <- (screamo screaming)

So you think you can f*** with me?
Well I f*** back
Walk out on the love of your life?
Well f*** you!
I don't care if you're screaming for me
Cos you lost me
I don't wanna - run away with you
No, not you!

Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
In the end
Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
Together

GUITAR SOLO starts
F*** off, now
F*** off, now
F*** off, now
F*** off, now
F*** off, now
F*** off, now
F*** off, now
F*** off, now
GUITAR SOLO ends

I'm sorry, baby, do you wanna come back to me?
Cos I want you
I'm sorry, baby, do you wanna - love back with me?
I love you!

Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
In the end
Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
Together
Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
In the end
Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
Together
Together! <- (long screamo screaming, slowly getting lower)

Hope you liked it!
xo johnny

31 May, 2009: Hello, everyone. Sorry for our prolonged absence, sometimes we just get outright bored and start working at Maccas. Seriously, sometimes frying burgers can be funner and easier to handle than the music industry. Especially the way it was a few months ago. Anyway, don't worry, we're back for a little while, at least, in enough time to release an album and a few singles, put on some great shows, do some shit, break up, regroup, all that basic rockstar stuff.

So, first order of "business", if you like: I've written a great song, although, fuck me, I've used a little more French than necessary, maybe. I could lay off it a bit, but it would ruin the song. The song is called
Together and that all I'm saying.

Second order: A magazine that I will not name, since they might not like me giving away pound-making material, have scheduled an interview with us, so check that out some time, if it ever comes out, or is even done. I've also scheduled an interview with an old friend of mine involved with a local Liverpool radio station, so check that out soon, we'll have a link on this site very soon.

That's pretty much all for now, I've got a bottle of scotch with my name on it, so, see ya!

Johnny

4 March, 2008: Hello, Gillians fans! Welcome to the first post of the Gillians diary! This is almost like a blog, for your sake!
Those of you who didn't come to our first two gigs in Liverpool really missed out on something! It was fantastic! We haven't felt so alive since our last gigs, on the Eurasian tour! The streets were blocked off and were thoroughly packed for our free concert, where we think around 70,000 people managed to come to. It was a great concert, and so was the one the next day! I hope more people can come to the last Liverpool concert. This one's going to be a little smaller and will be in the Cavern Club. Cheap tickets and a great, short setlist. Come, or go to one of our concerts on the rest of our tour.
Johnny has also finished writing
Silver Cloud and we'll start recording soon.

Thanks,
Sev

Edited by user 10 January 2010 17:51:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gillians / Alternative Rock
Johnny Young / Vocals & Guitar
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, you win. Forever.
I like cheesecake. :D
Offline mouj  
#2 Posted : 04 March 2009 15:26:25(UTC)
mouj

Man

Hello, Gillians fans! Welcome to the first post of the Gillians diary! This is almost like a blog, for your sake!
Those of you who didn't come to our first two gigs in Liverpool really missed out on something! It was fantastic! We haven't felt so alive since our last gigs, on the Eurasian tour! The streets were blocked off and were thoroughly packed for our free concert, where we think around 70,000 people managed to come to. It was a great concert, and so was the one the next day! I hope more people can come to the last Liverpool concert. This one's going to be a little smaller and will be in the Cavern Club. Cheap tickets and a great, short setlist. Come, or go to one of our concerts on the rest of our tour.
Johnny has also finished writing
Silver Cloud and we'll start recording soon.

Thanks,
Sev

Edited by user 04 March 2009 15:27:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline asdf  
#3 Posted : 04 March 2009 22:11:16(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
OOC: You need to add April 6th at the Total Annihilation Festival to your tour dates.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline bikz  
#4 Posted : 05 March 2009 00:21:03(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
As above, but June 19th-21st, Midsummer Mashfest 2009, Frome, UK. =]
Katie x
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline mouj  
#5 Posted : 05 March 2009 13:08:34(UTC)
mouj

Man

OOC: Oopsie, forgot both of those!
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#6 Posted : 06 March 2009 15:31:53(UTC)
mouj

Man

UserPostedImage

1. Silvercloud
A sentimental song about hope and happiness. The title is a play on the phrase "every cloud has a silver lining".

Johnny Young: Guitar/Vocals . Bob Smith: Bass/Vocals . Sev Young: Lead Guitar/Keyboard . Vic Dunlop: Drums

2. If Only He Shot
Another rather sentimental song, in a lot of depth, about a young man who goes back in time to "a time of world war" (World War II) and attempts to assassinate "a Russian leader". This is possible referring to Stalin. But at the last second, he realizes that "the country of genocide" (no shit, Sherlock) may win the war if he kills the leader, and decides against it.
Johnny Young: Vocals . Bob Smith: Bass . Sev Young: Lead Guitar/Keyboard . Vic Dunlop: Drums

3. 7:38
A hard, old-school Beatles rock song, that goes for, guess what, seven minutes and thirty-eight second.
Johnny Young: Guitar/Vocals . Bob Smith: Bass/Vocals . Sev Young: Lead Guitar . Vic Dunlop: Drums

A liverpuddlerecords production
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#7 Posted : 31 May 2009 17:34:41(UTC)
mouj

Man

After another long break, Gillians have completely scrapped the idea of the next single, changing it to a new single called Together, a half-ballad, half-grunge song, and have also scrapped liverpuddlerecords. More information on this upcoming single plus more tour dates, since their popularity has dropped, soon. Johnny Young is also expected to appear in an interview of some sort.
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#8 Posted : 31 May 2009 20:30:45(UTC)
mouj

Man

31 May, 2009: Hello, everyone. Sorry for our prolonged absence, sometimes we just get outright bored and start working at Maccas. Seriously, sometimes frying burgers can be funner and easier to handle than the music industry. Especially the way it was a few months ago. Anyway, don't worry, we're back for a little while, at least, in enough time to release an album and a few singles, put on some great shows, do some shit, break up, regroup, all that basic rockstar stuff.

So, first order of "business", if you like: I've written a great song, although, fuck me, I've used a little more French than necessary, maybe. I could lay off it a bit, but it would ruin the song. The song is called
Together and that all I'm saying.

Second order: A magazine that I will not name, since they might not like me giving away pound-making material, have scheduled an interview with us, so check that out some time, if it ever comes out, or is even done. I've also scheduled an interview with an old friend of mine involved with a local Liverpool radio station, so check that out soon, we'll have a link on this site very soon.

That's pretty much all for now, I've got a bottle of scotch with my name on it, so, see ya!

Johnny
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline sav  
#9 Posted : 01 June 2009 10:13:26(UTC)
sav

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
If you need help with new releases or anything, Art is Bullshit Records would be happy to help. I'm glad to see you guys back on the industry! :)
- Eduardo Savino [vocals, guitar // Rayuela]
Offline mouj  
#10 Posted : 01 June 2009 16:46:46(UTC)
mouj

Man

'Course, that would be great! Since we lost Jellyfish, we've been slightly short on money ;)
Johnny Young [Guitar/Vocals // Gillians]
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#11 Posted : 01 June 2009 17:12:56(UTC)
mouj

Man

UserPostedImage

Johnny: Check it out! We're headliners, we sold out and we didn't even know it!
Sev: Nice.
Vic: We do rule!
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#12 Posted : 03 June 2009 17:22:27(UTC)
mouj

Man

Last night, Gillians, after a small gig at a local nightclub, got completely hammered just before they had an interview scheduled with Johnny's local radio. This interview's importance had risen up and was being broadcast on community television, although thousands nationwide tuned in to watch it:

Reporter (Harry Dawson): Hello, Liverpool. I'm Radio Stooge's Harry Dawson, reporting to you live from the [club's name has been bleeped for personal reason's] where Gillians have just finished a great set after downing around nine scotches each. And here comes the band's lead singer Johnny Young, *Johnny walks towards the camera topless* who's looking slightly shaky. How are you tonight, Johnny?
Johnny: I'm feeling pretty - woo! Sorry, I'm pretty druuuunk. *grabs a random girl and kisses her on the mouth* There you go, Cynthy!
Harry: More than a little bit drunk, I'd say. So how's the new single coming along?
Johnny: Ah, not bad. But I think we could do beetter. It won't be ready for at least a month, I'd say, probably more. *burps*
Harry: Ah ha. So are the lyrics going to be released soon?
Johnny: Hopefully on the site in a few daaayays.
Harry: And any plans for a tour? That set up there was Einstein, if I must say.
Johnny: Yeah, info on that will be released soon, too. A proper toooour won't be for a few monthhhs.
Harry: OK, thanks for talking to me, Johnny! See you sometime soon!
Johnny: Yah, see ya.

As said in the interview, lyrics and a tour will be announced soon. Look out for the upcoming Gillians interview in Smash Magazine.

In other new, a recording session for an upcoming free album The Best We Could Come Up With So Far, a best of album, an argument between Johnny Young and Bob Smith was recorded, where Bob Smith threatened to leave the band. The band dynamic has been upset since the first disappearance of Gillians (remember that plane crash in the Oregon Forest?) and Bob and Johnny have always argued on matters such as riffs (Johnny believes bassists should keep a solid rhythm with a small number of notes, not an all-over the place riff that is displayed in bands such as the Red Hot Chili Peppers) and solos (a bass solo is a rare thing in a Gillians song), as well as lyrics, since Bob and Johnny both sing.

Edited by user 03 June 2009 17:27:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#13 Posted : 05 June 2009 18:46:02(UTC)
mouj

Man

5 June, 2009: Yo yo yo, wassup Gilliansians? Prepare to have your face blown off, here's an exclusive look at our lyrics for Together. Hope you like, I wrote 'em myself.

I don't know what you're talking about
But I like it
I don't know where you're going with this
But I'm there
I'm not sure what you're going to do
But I'm with you
I don't care if you're at the end of the world
I'm there too

Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
In the end
Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
Together

So you think you can f*** with me?
Well I f*** back
Walk out on the love of your life?
Well f*** you!
I don't care if you're screaming for me
Cos you lost me
I don't wanna - run away with you
No, not you!

Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
In the end
Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
Together

GUITAR SOLO starts
F*** off, now
F*** off, now
F*** off, now
F*** off, now
F*** off, now
F*** off, now
F*** off, now
F*** off, now
GUITAR SOLO ends

I'm sorry, baby, do you wanna come back to me?
Cos I want you
I'm sorry, baby, do you wanna - love back with me?
I love you!

Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
In the end
Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
Together
Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
In the end
Wherever we should go
In the end, you know
Our genitals shall roam
Together
Together
Together! <- (long screamo screaming, slowly getting lower)

Hope you liked it!
xo johnny

OOC: I'm open to any criticism. Overuse of swearing? This is my first proper love song, and man it was hard.
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#14 Posted : 08 June 2009 12:32:55(UTC)
mouj

Man

Very good news from the Gillidome! Gillians have officially signed a 3 album/15 single/EP deal, plus free access to instruments and studios, with Art is Bullshit, one of the most successful indie labels in the business. Gillians will be releasing their first EP through AiB in a very short time, and Together will also be released through the label very soon.
Other news from Gillians is that a UK-USA tour will start in late September, starting with a basic English road trip then branching out to Scotland and Ireland, then crossing the Atlantic to New Jersey to start their popularity in the USA with the now-customary show at Gillians Water Theme Park, now Gillians Wonderland Pier and Island, in Ocean City, NJ. Two supporting acts will be needed and soon an official site will be set up for the tour.
Vic Dunlop has also completed an interview with Erebus Magazine that will clear up his history in music and his history with drugs. Watch out for it, possibly out in July.
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#15 Posted : 09 June 2009 18:27:07(UTC)
mouj

Man

Gillians have today announced the name of their "almighty" tour of the UK and, possibly, the USA with the following banner:

UserPostedImage

For those who aren't savvy with the English road systems, the M62 is a highway that leads from Liverpool to Manchester, which is how they'll be starting their tour: Liverpool, then to small towns along the highway, and then to Manchester. They'll then tour the rest of the major cities of the UK by bus; stooping low to get to London, going to the major cities along the way, of course, then going right back up to Liverpool again, then into Scotland and Ireland. From some point in Ireland, they'll fly to New Jersey and start their USA leg with a literal splash into Gillians Wonderland Pier. No more information has been released so far.
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#16 Posted : 11 June 2009 18:01:29(UTC)
mouj

Man

UserPostedImage

The new Gillians tour dates have been announced today and Gillians is officially looking for two acts to tour with them in the trippy Van de Gillians. They're looking for any rock, metal or "madcore" bands who wish to play in the UK. The tour will not be till October 2009.

1/10/09 - Liverpool, UK
2/10/09 - Liverpool, UK
3/10/09 - St Helens, UK
4/10/09 - Warrington, UK
6/10/09 - Manchester, UK
7/10/09 - Manchester, UK
8/10/09 - Huddersfield, UK
9/10/09 - Leeds, UK
11/10/09 - Sheffield, UK
12/10/09 - Derby, UK
13/10/09 - Birmingham, UK
14/10/09 - Coventry, UK
16/10/09 - Watford, UK
17/10/09 - London, UK
18/10/09 - London, UK
19/10/09 - London, UK
21/10/09 - Norwich, UK
22/10/09 - Grimsby, UK
23/10/09 - Middlesbrough, UK
24/10/09 - Sunderland, UK
25/10/09 - Newcastle, UK
29/10/09 - Edinburgh, UK
30/10/09 - Edinburgh, UK
31/10/09 - Glasgow, UK
1/11/09 - Glasgow, UK
2/11/09 - Dundee, UK
4/11/09 - Aberdeen, UK
5/11/09 - Aberdeen, UK
7/11/09 - Belfast, UK
8/11/09 - Belfast, UK
9/11/09 - Dundalk, Ireland
10/11/09 - Dublin, Ireland
11/11/09 - Dublin, Ireland (Remembrance Day "F**k Imperialism" Concert)

USA Dates may come.

Edited by user 11 June 2009 23:00:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#17 Posted : 11 June 2009 22:54:33(UTC)
mouj

Man

Raven Storme, madcore solo artist and Moronic Changeling member has joined our tour. Thanks, Raven!
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#18 Posted : 12 June 2009 11:50:13(UTC)
mouj

Man

Gillians have a bit of good news for all you fans out there! Although one date has been taken off the Along the M62 tour (the first Liverpool show), small shows like the St. Helens and Warrington shows have already started to sell out, and people are buying tickets from all over the UK to go to the Glasgow Remembrance Day show. Raven Storme has been confirmed for all UK dates and up and coming American rock band Infexxion have signed up for a possible USA leg. Gillians also today confirmed the name of their next album. It will be called New Jersey and will feature old hits like Making a Splash! in New Jersey and Atlantic Rush as well as new songs like Together. More on this as it develops.
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#19 Posted : 13 June 2009 13:45:47(UTC)
mouj

Man

Gillians today announced that their single, Together, will be released by July 2nd. Gillians fans are really looking forward to this release and Gillians are being hassled by them to release the names of the two B-Sides. The only information released was by Johnny Young today, when he was caught in New York scouting.
"All we can say is that one of the B-Sides could possibly be an acoustic version or remix of Together," he said. "There's a few other songs that we're writing that could get in the single, but we'll decide which ones will go in the album and which ones will go in the singles. Expect a few previews on our website soon."
Gillians are also still looking for one more supporting act for their Along the M62 tour. Any alternative rock bands who are able to tour in the UK are much wanted!
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums

Offline mouj  
#20 Posted : 13 June 2009 14:08:16(UTC)
mouj

Man

13 June, 2009: Greetings, Comrades! This is Bob Smith and I thought I'd just give you an update on our upcoming Album, New Jersey, from myself. This album I haven't been as involved in writing and singing, and I thought I'd give you a slight unbiased view on the album.
So far we've got basic "drafts" for six songs, although some will be needed for B-Sides if we come up with better songs. We've got four confirmed, anyway:
Making a Splash! in New Jersey, Atlantic Rush, Together and New Jersey. You've heard the first two, you've probably heard the third, and the fourth hasn't really been mentioned much. New Jersey is a song about the poverty and crime in America, especially in places like New Jersey, New York and Maryland. We've basically based it on some true accounts from our trips to America, and there's some hints about black oppression. We'd also noted that it wasn't someone from the crime-ridden New England parts of America that shot Johnny, but from Texas. And that was kind of like terrorism. Who are the real criminals? That's another thing we've mentioned in the song; that black people and New English are stereotyped as criminals, but often it's Southerners who do the worse crimes. The song is pretty long, around six minutes, and it still hasn't been finished.
Well, more about this pretty soon,
Thanks,
Bob Smith
Sev Young / Lead Guitar
Fred Johnson / Bass
Vic Dunlop / Drums