logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrianG25  
#1 Posted : 27 September 2009 22:50:58(UTC)
BrianG25

Groups: Registered
Man

Brian G, a Former metal band guitarist turned Jazz Saxophonist, is looking for a label on which he can re-release his current 3 albums and singles, plus release his future stuff on. Brian is willing to sign with the first label that approaches him. all he wants is at least a contract for 3-4 albums and singles. his current albums and singles are:

The Albums:

1. Dreaming In Sound: This is Brian G's Third Album! Tracks On This Album Include:

1 Dreaming In Sound
2 Song Of The Flowers
3 Midnight Calm
4 Glory
5 Writing In The Rain
6 So Alone
7 Sounds Of Life
8 Timepieces (Remix)
9 Sound Of Light
10 Desperation

2. The Essential Brian G: The Hits - Brian G's First Greatest Hits Album! He Included previously unreleased material on this album:

1 Bottom Of My Heart
2 The Sound Of Life
3 Midnight Rain
4 Beautiful
5 Without Love
6 Løvé
7 †]-[é §†ø®m
8 WíñÐ¥ Çí®çlé§
9 §møké
10 MéÐí†å†é

3. Serenade: This is Brian G's First Album. The Tracks Include:

1 Serenade
2 Storm's Embrace
3 Møøñlíg]-[† ®åíñ
4 Calming Winds
5 §†å®líg]-[†
6 In The Mood for Love
7 †]-[é Wø®Ð
8 †íméÞíéçé§
9 §íléñçé
10 Middle Of Night

The Singles:

1. Bottom Of My Heart: Brian G's latest single. included is:

Bottom Of My Heart
Without Love
Writing In The Rain

2. §†å®líg]-[†: Brian G's 2nd Single. included in this one:

§†å®líg]-[†
§íléñçé
Middle Of Night

3. Serenade: Brian G's first Ever Single. This includes:

Serenade
†]-[é Wø®Ð
Calming Winds

Edited by user 27 September 2009 22:56:54(UTC)  | Reason: Needed to move a few sentences around.

My Bands Are:

Cleveland Experience - Pop/Rock - (Think Chicago)
Offline Aj  
#2 Posted : 28 September 2009 00:45:47(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
ooc: Dont get all pissy with everyone if your going to write this much and expect all the biggest labels to come running. Anyone can write a tracklist for an album or two. Don't come in saying your some guy from a metal band that no ones heard of who now plays the sax but then not get any offers. Make a website, possibly even write some descriptions of the music you make, look around the forum for tips rather than complaining without giving it a try. You don't have to, just thats the way you'll get big labels offers. You gotta work on it :)
Offline Captain Insano  
#3 Posted : 28 September 2009 00:52:42(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
The first label that comes along eh? Here you go....we'll release all your stuff but you get nothing for it...you have to provide me regular shots of Jacks and Coke (ice cold), make sure the cocaine gets to my clients out of Colombia (those cartel boys are a bitch to deal with but you'd get the hang of it...very quickly), Plastic Statue of Bender gets his shiny metal ass polished and importantly you will have my weed on the most shiniest and spotless silver tray that I could rub my dick on. Just dont make eye contact with me. Deal?

Tomi Kosari
Shiny Metal Ass Records (Coolest Label in History)

ooc: Basically what Aj said...lost count with the amount of newbies that swing by looking for 'labels' and they have posted next to nothing about their band and haven't built it up to get everyones interest. Just offering some advice.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline BrianG25  
#4 Posted : 28 September 2009 01:42:16(UTC)
BrianG25

Man

Aj wrote:
ooc: Dont get all pissy with everyone if your going to write this much and expect all the biggest labels to come running. Anyone can write a tracklist for an album or two. Don't come in saying your some guy from a metal band that no ones heard of who now plays the sax but then not get any offers. Make a website, possibly even write some descriptions of the music you make, look around the forum for tips rather than complaining without giving it a try. You don't have to, just thats the way you'll get big labels offers. You gotta work on it :)

Your words are more true than you would ever know.... i have never even considered making a website... after all this band is for TRG only. I think i'll build a website... thanks for the advice Aj.
My Bands Are:

Offline BrianG25  
#5 Posted : 28 September 2009 01:44:24(UTC)
BrianG25

Man

Captain Insano wrote:
The first label that comes along eh? Here you go....we'll release all your stuff but you get nothing for it...you have to provide me regular shots of Jacks and Coke (ice cold), make sure the cocaine gets to my clients out of Colombia (those cartel boys are a bitch to deal with but you'd get the hang of it...very quickly), Plastic Statue of Bender gets his shiny metal ass polished and importantly you will have my weed on the most shiniest and spotless silver tray that I could rub my dick on. Just dont make eye contact with me. Deal?

Tomi Kosari
Shiny Metal Ass Records (Coolest Label in History)

ooc: Basically what Aj said...lost count with the amount of newbies that swing by looking for 'labels' and they have posted next to nothing about their band and haven't built it up to get everyones interest. Just offering some advice.

Umm i think i'll just take Aj's advice and go make a website and provide some descriptions and crap... um yeah i'll just go do that.
My Bands Are:

Offline Captain Insano  
#6 Posted : 28 September 2009 02:30:10(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
ooc: You dont have to go make an actual website, well if your that keen about it then go for it...it's basically a pretend website, you'll see a few throughout the Rolepay forum that you can get some ideas from.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline BrianG25  
#7 Posted : 28 September 2009 06:20:10(UTC)
BrianG25

Man

so i can just make up a website like www.briangonline.com? ok cool.
My Bands Are:

Offline old.gregg  
#8 Posted : 28 September 2009 09:04:36(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
OOC: Hey, hey, guys, don't shoot him down so suddenly. At least he posted something. The thing I'm tired of is people going "Hey, this is my band *****. We play metul. Sign me????". (In fact, you may not know, but any new band threads started that are under 2 sentences mysteriously go missing..).

As far as where to go next. I recommend posting up a little bit more background to your artist and making some links with other people's characters. Check out The Dirty Bastard thread which is usually hanging about the first page, it's simple roleplaying there to get you into the swing of things. It's good to chat to the other members, too. 'Making a website' generally means a thread which contains all the news about your artist (such as releases, tour dates etc.), so that'd be a good suggestion too. Other than that, people here can get moody (actually, I'm probably one of the worst for thaaat), but we're lovely really so don't let people put you off.
-
Offline BrianG25  
#9 Posted : 28 September 2009 11:03:14(UTC)
BrianG25

Man

yep Old.Gregg, i figured out i needed to provide more info. so lol i did just that, in another post.
My Bands Are: