logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 29 September 2009 04:34:05(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
She couldn't go to The Dirty Bastard any more. She couldn't even go to that new place, The Garage she thought it was called, in case anyone she knew turned up. Not after such .... humiliation. Billy Maddison, the only man she'd ever loved, had ripped her heart out and thrown it back in her face.

Barstewardess : Welcome to The Failboat And Flugelhorn. May I help ya? They make me say that.
Brisky : Glass of water please.
Barstewardess : Ah. Shoulda guessed. Ya look like a dyin' wolf. Ain't seen ya round yer before - what's yer name?
Brisky : Kess.

She resorted to her old moniker. What if the woman at the bar happened to be a Billy Maddison fan - she wouldn't be surprised, who wouldn't be? - and had seen the video of "Brisky" being impaled? "Brisky" and "Kess" were distinct people now. Kaethe had first called her "Brisky", Rayne had introduced Kess Briskett, Kaethe shortened it to "Brisky", and it had just stuck. Kess had acted completely different. Kess had been best friends with Rayne, and then with Raven. Kess might once, possibly, have been attractive to Billy. Kess had been "that pretty Korean girl in Moronic Changeling", "an excellent and almost legendary bassist", "a brilliant actress". Brisky was the girl everyone hated .... and there was no going back. There was no bringing Kess alive again. No amount of apologies would work. Memories could not be erased.
Now, she was just "a dying wolf". Alone in the forest, bleeding. No matter how much she howled - the pack would not listen.
She got out her bass and started playing "Colourful Angel", one of Rayne's earliest and most little-known songs. She didn't sing the words, but thought them.

Rays of sunshine cascade through the window
Brightening her dark face with morning light
Her beauty embossed by the shine of a new dawn
A new beginning ends a torturous night

The sunlight caresses her silken black hair
Revealing deep electric shades of blue
Beneath her quiet and peaceful exterior
Shines a bright soul so beautiful and true

Because there lies my colourful angel
Who saved my life but leaves me there to ache
Has my angel gone to heaven
Or lying there next to me will she wake
Holding the morning sun

She knew that it was about her. As a friend - they could never be more than friends, first he had Somerset Bissell, then he had Rachel Catelli, then he had May Hardtime. He never cheated on any of them, he was no cheat, but he wrote a whole chapter in "Have Your Cake" called "Colourful Angel" - in reference, like the song, to the way that Brisky put so many coloured streaks in her hair - about Brisky and how he would be dead without her. He called her "a colourful soul under a monochrome mask".

Barstewardess : A musician eh? There used to be a musician who came round yer who looked like you, a bit. Corpsey. He was in yer all the time, askin' fer skimmed water. Drummer, but he sang to himself an' all. Class voice. One of his songs I proper liked was called "Failboat".
Brisky : Rayne came in here? Rayne Berry?
Barstewardess : Yeh, that's the bugger. He liked talkin' to me cuz I'm so blunt. I never lie. I ain't gonna say, "Kess, ya look nuffin' like a dyin' wolf", when ya look just like one. Ya could be a pretty girl, y'know, but yer just like Rayne. Caught up with him t'other day. He's like, drop dead gorgeous now, but he used to look like he had bubonic plague.
Brisky : I can play "Failboat" on bass. I know the words too, but my voice is crap.
Barstewardess : Could ya play it? I love it. An' I'll tell ya if yer voice is crap. Y'know me already, Kess.

Brisky tried to sing feature artist Bikki's high notes -
Every cupcake has a silver lining
But every silver lining has a cupcake

It sounded laughable. Bikki's voice was so unique, so impossible to imitate. Rayne's voice was almost as difficult. Brisky went through the song regardless.

All aboard the failboat ....
Oh what happened to what I used to be
My old life is nothing but a memory
Now there is no honest bone in my body
Each lie you can see

The words rang too true to the fallen angel, the dying wolf, the shadow of her former self that was Brisky.

(OOC : TBC. Feel free to comment and/or join in. All songs written by me.)
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Aj  
#2 Posted : 29 September 2009 06:21:19(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
ooc: Typically fantastical stuff :)
Offline bikz  
#3 Posted : 30 September 2009 02:23:01(UTC)
bikz

Woman

She lies still and peaceful in this morning light
Like a child to the angels who bless her
Seeming so sweet innocent and pure
With colourful streaks to excite her essence

As the light passes over her eyes
I can imagine her deepest desires
She wants to feel loved more than the stars
That twinkle lovingly over her soul entire

Holding the morning sun

Rayne Berry, in his own home, sang along to his soft drumbeat. He'd given the demos to Jimmy Bishop last night, but that had been the only outing of the songs from "Rayne's Inferno". Apart from Jimmy and anyone else at the DBM office who'd heard, only Rayne and his children knew about the songs. The kids loved to hear him playing.
Jimmy's rating had been good. He had especially liked "Colourful Angel" and a new song, "You're Better Than That". Both were songs for Kess. "Colourful Angel" was written so long ago, when he'd woken up before her, and saw the sunshine lighting up her hair. "You're Better Than That" was written about how people saw Kess now, and how Kess is. She's better than what she'd been in the past few months. Only a few months, and the world's opinion of her had flipped on its head.

Only Rayne and his older children held a good opinion of Kess. A FEW MONTHS. It's not her whole life, and most of these people had only heard of her from Billy Maddison's show. Rayne had been told Kess's life story. You would never meet a girl as sweet as Kess Briskett. If she ever even slightly hurt anyone, she would try to apologise to them, and really mean it - the only difference now was that it was Billy Maddison. She knew that if she even tried to apologise to him, he'd kill her.

Billy Maddison was the cause of it all. FACT. He'd been told that, from Kess's own mouth, just after the event. She loved Billy, and had hurt all those people because he'd hurt Gemma so long ago, and she thought that Maddison wanted her to hurt people, that it would bring her closer to him. And it had - but it had all been a lie. Rayne felt a surge of anger towards Maddison. Why would he lead her on? Why didn't he just say, "I don't want you" from day one? Then none of this would have happened. Raven's secrets still would be secrets. Gemma would be pregnant. Chris would never have been captured. Moronic Changeling would be as it should be.

Kess was far more demon than angel for what she did, and she had been evil. Even Rayne knew that. But anyone who saw Maddison as St. Billy needed to grow a brain.

Edited by user 30 September 2009 02:23:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline --Raven--  
#4 Posted : 30 September 2009 03:20:33(UTC)
--Raven--

Man

"You won't find the past here Kess"

The hooded man's voice was soft, but clear. In the half light of the bar he was little more than a shadow, his silhouette lifted a crystal glass filled with scotch and drank deeply. Returning the half drained glass to the counter he continued.

"The past will haunt you forever if you let it. It can drive you to recklessness, madness and death if you let it. The past is to be learned from, not dwelled on."

He paused to drink the remaining drops of his scotch.

"No regrets, you did things wrong, accept this, learn from the mistakes and let it go. Become the Kess you want to become, not the one you're led to be. You can never again be the Kess of yesterday, but you alone have the power to decide what lies in store for the Kess of tomorrow. I wish you the best."

The man falls silent and beckons the waitress over. She pours him another scotch.
Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 30 September 2009 03:27:42(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Kess turned to the hooded man. She wondered what he was talking about. Did he know who she was? Was she going to ask, or would that be stupid?

Barstewardess : Guy in the coat's right y'know. Ya can't dwell on it, or ya won't just look like a dyin' wolf, ya'll be a dyin' wolf.
Kess : You're right ....

She decided to brave it. After all, she had nothing left to lose - she'd lost everything now.

Kess : .... hey, do you know me from somewhere?

Edited by user 30 September 2009 03:39:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline --Raven--  
#6 Posted : 01 October 2009 02:16:15(UTC)
--Raven--

Man

bikz wrote:
Kess turned to the hooded man. She wondered what he was talking about. Did he know who she was? Was she going to ask, or would that be stupid?

Barstewardess : Guy in the coat's right y'know. Ya can't dwell on it, or ya won't just look like a dyin' wolf, ya'll be a dyin' wolf.
Kess : You're right ....

She decided to brave it. After all, she had nothing left to lose - she'd lost everything now.

Kess : .... hey, do you know me from somewhere?

The figure lifted his glass in one black, gloved hand. For a moment it caught the light and the amber liquid within shone like fire, a stark contrast to it's shadowy owner. He drank from the glass and returned it to the counter.

"Interesting question." came the cryptic reply. "I could give a thousand answers, I know you from magazines, TV, music, news, radio... yet I know as well as you do that none of these are the answers you were hoping for." His voice was almost unnervingly steady as he sat motionless beside Kess.

"I know you Kess Briskett, but much has changed since last we spoke, I'm not the person you knew. But my identity is not the issue tonight." the stranger stopped and drank again.

"For now let's just call me a friend, or well-wisher if that suits you better."

Offline bikz  
#7 Posted : 06 October 2009 08:18:23(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Kess walked into the F&F, holding a small piece of paper.

Barstewardess : What ya got there?
Kess : Wedding invitation.

She started to rip the piece of paper up .... she didn't want to be humiliated again.
UserPostedImage
Offline Lepelbos  
#8 Posted : 08 October 2009 00:29:53(UTC)
Lepelbos

Quote:
Rays of sunshine cascade through the window
Brightening her dark face with morning light
Her beauty embossed by the shine of a new dawn
A new beginning ends a torturous night

The sunlight caresses her silken black hair
Revealing deep electric shades of blue
Beneath her quiet and peaceful exterior
Shines a bright soul so beautiful and true

Holding the morning sun

This is pure poetry.
I love it.

Jack Lepelbos
BLR

B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#9 Posted : 13 October 2009 02:19:11(UTC)
bikz

Woman

"Black wolf," said a voice from behind Kess. "Haven't seen you in a while. Well, I've seen you, but I haven't met you."
Kess immediately lurched back at the 'seen' part. This man knew who she was, who she had been the past few months, and was about to judge her on that alone. But the voice seemed familiar. And he knew her as 'black wolf', like Lewis always did. And he was .... HOT. Kess turned round in her chair to see the most perfect vision of beauty in a human male - or even of all people, of all things - that she had ever seen. He'd grown up and filled out well. She remembered a skinny and strong-minded 12-year-old, an emaciated and evil-minded 13-year-old, dead at 14 .... but if he's dead, then what is he doing here? Am I seeing a ghost? Have I lost my mind!?
He sensed the confusion. "It's me, Elliot, twin Lewis. Remember me? I remember you. Lewis really liked you, Kess, he was besotted. He only ever loved you."
This was a shock to the system after Billy's harsh rejection. Lewis was never a romantic interest of Kess's, the age difference was too much. But if he'd grown up like the man in front of her had, maybe he could have been.
She looked him up and down. Lewis was always thin, very thin - Elliot was thin too, but more cut than corpse. His skin was pallid, but with a slight tinge of pink. Happiness, thought Kess, taking in his cute smile. His clothes were perfect, his body was perfect, his face was perfect - best of all was his hair. On the surface, the thick shoulder-length strands appeared to be mixed shades of cinnamon, but in the light, shades of silver and white blonde shined through. Like a halo of stars, on a colourful angel. Lewis' hair was always jet black, but Elliot's had more of a sparkle. In general, he sparkled.
"I haven't seen you in three years," Elliot said as he pulled up a chair beside Kess. "We must catch up - I'm meeting some friends here ...."
"That's OK, we can catch up later." She didn't want to appear needy.
He looked at his watch. "I'm early. Very early. Besides, I must say this to you, black wolf." He looked at Kess, straight in the eye. Whoa, he was SO heavenly! "I know that you're feeling down, Kess. But though you feel like you have created a massacre, left carcasses in your wake -" so poetic too "- you have not. You're not a monster, you're a she-wolf. You have let nobody down. Wolves don't let the pack down. Lewis was as hurtful as, if not worse than, you have been these past few months, but he caused no pain." Elliot looked down. He shed a tear. "Apart from in dying, of course, but that he couldn't help."
Kess shook her head. "I've hurt everybody. Billy, Gemma, Chris, Raven .... I could go on forever."
"If they are strong of mind, like wolves, like Lewis and us, apologise and they will forgive you."
She thought for a bit. "Chris would. He's such an amazing person."
Elliot nodded. "Good place to start, and it'll come rolling in. And I won't let you down - neither will Lewis. We're the pack."
After a little hesitation, Kess got her mobile out of her handbag and started to dial Chris's number. She pressed two numbers, then put her phone away - then repeated - even though Chris was so lovely himself, he had the spiked tongue of Rachel. Maybe Raven was better - no, Gemma - she had no idea where to start.

OOC : Thanks for the lovely comments, I love you all! :D Again, feel free to comment and/or join in.
Was feeling a bit she-wolfy when I wrote this. (Typical.) TBC - the next bit isn't so Brisky, but is VERY juicy! I need to resolve some gossip unrelated to this. ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#10 Posted : 14 October 2009 12:53:25(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Kess was intrigued by Elliot's description of his 'meeting with friends'. "So, it's like a Madbirds type thing?" she asked.
"Almost, but we're more family-oriented. People bring their children, though nobody under the age of two is allowed to witness this kind of meeting."
She didn't want to know what kind of meeting this was to be. "I like the idea of the animal types. What's yours?"
"I am a red wolf, canis rufus, and I go by the lupine name of Lewis." He lay back in his chair and smiled that infectiously beautiful smile. "Heh, 'what kind of animal are you?' isn't usually something you get asked on a first date! Why, what are you?"
He said 'first date'. She wanted to dance around the room. "Black she-wolf, not a wolf/dog hybrid. And my wolf name is .... Kessandra." It fit perfectly. Even if Kess had all the answers in the world, nobody would listen .... he said 'first date'. He was probably joking, but still, he said ....
"You're canis rufus too then, but a much rarer version, possibly extinct. Kessandra - I like it." He nodded. "And I get it. Cassandra, right?"
Beautiful, friendly, animal lover, intelligent, and he seemed to like her! "Yup, that's the one!"
"Planning on joining the meeting? You'll be welcome, Kessandra. We're all very friendly."
"Especially our doggy style corner!" Barstewardess piped up. "I'm the bitch who leads the wolves, the magpies and what's it called? Pica lupus?" She burst out laughing.
"It's not funny!" Elliot shouted back. He turned back to his new she-wolf. "Dan and Lily are both in TD. Dan's a wolf, Lily's a magpie. Their daughter Lucifer - erm ...."

In the back room of the F&F, a large group were assembled. Kess was enjoying sitting with Barstewardess, Dan and Lily, and most of all, Elliot. "Another rufus," said Lily, also known as 'Varastaa'. "Right up your street then, Elliot!" I hope I am, Kess thought. "I'm hoping for another bird. I thought Raven Comatose would be a raven but NO ...."
"Raven?" Kess interrupted, recoiling like a stalling car after hearing the name. "Raven - Comatose? She's here?"
"Not now, probably coming with Bikki and Joshy," Lily continued. "But seriously, with a name like Raven, you'd expect a raven! Nope, had to be a bear!"
Elliot whispered to Kess. "Don't worry about Calamity Ursa, Raven Comatose, whatever you want to call her. You can begin your apologies with her."
"Good point. Barstewardess, can you put that on the agenda? And - the pack's backing me, right?"
"Of course, Kessandra," said Dan, or 'Lýkos' as he was known. "Lewis and I will never let you down."

Kess, now 'Kessandra', stood before the now-full group. She was nervous, but had to make her statement. "Thankyou, Lewis, Barstewardess, That Giraffe Bloke and - well, everyone, for letting me in. But there's someone in particular I have to talk to. Someone - ursine?" Elliot gave her a thumbs up. Raven stared on in horror. What now?
"Calamity Ursa," said Raven, not in a good tone of voice.
"Calamity Ursa. I need to talk to you," Kess continued. "I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. I was - am - a really horrible person."
Raven rolled her eyes. "Shut up. It's all forgotten."
"It isn't, Calamity Ursa. Not by me. I'm so sorry ...."
Unexpectedly, Raven jumped up and tackled Kess - but it turned out to be just a friendly 'bear hug'. "I like being a bear," said Raven. "I'd like to thank Keppra and Kisa for introducing me to Theta Delta, and letting me be a bear. Bears can tackle wolves, bears can attack wolves .... but bears can also be friends with wolves."
Kess wanted to cry. She had her best friend back. "Thank - you ...."
The bear, however, vocally struck back. "You're not off the hook, Kessandra! Before That Giraffe Bloke and Barstewardess do your Brit Berserker, you are going to have to apologise to EVERYONE you have hurt. I'll be by your side - and it seems you've made some wolfie friends too." She pointed at Elliot and Dan. "But you aren't getting out of all this with just talking to me. Plus we have a lot of catching up to do, a few more explanations in private over why you did what you did to me, Chris, and Billy and Gemma."
"That sounds reasonable," That Giraffe Bloke, aka. Pete Firecracker and TD's leader, put in. "Are you agreed, Kessandra?"
Kess was smiling like crazy now. "Agreed. Thankyou." She shook hands with Raven, and her fellow wolves gave her a small ovation. Undeserved? Potentially ....

Now that all was sorted with Kess as Kessandra, Kess and Raven .... Pete took to the next piece of the agenda. He was usually quite a funny guy - but the humour drained from his face when he skim-read the final part of the TD meeting. "Berserker hats on," he muttered, "this giraffe is not amused." He looked at Bikki. "Keppra. Stand."
Bikki stood up, legs shaking. She felt weak whenever she wasn't dancing - but not THIS weak. Raven, still on the floor, rushed to hold Bikki's legs so that she didn't fall. "Thanks, Ursa," she said, petting Raven's head as she happily growled. 'Calamity Ursa' was in full-on polar bear mode.
"Kisa. Stand." Pete was now looking at Joshy, and watched him copy his military stance. "So. You admitted first, yes?"
Joshy gulped. "Yes. And now Keps has said it .... what can we do?"
"The thing to discuss," Pete continued, "is what caused these." Bikki turned a pinkish colour as Pete pointed at her bump - Joshy's face looked like a tomato. This was privacy invasion - but what must be done, must be done. Bikki shuddered. The inquisition was about to begin.
After a moment of silence, Barstewardess barked like a dog, and spoke up in her usual blunt manner. "Cats." She shook her head. "An' don't you dare use that extinct excuse, Kisa, yer still catty. Unlike us dogs and wolves, cats can't be trusted! It's yer own fuckin' fault an' ya should deal wiv it."
"That's just prejudiced!" Katie 'Mouschi' Kairiri, leader of the Felis group, stood up and stuck some sharp fingernails out. "It isn't a cat thing ...."
".... we all have primal instincts," the she-bear put in. "It just came naturally to Keppra and Kisa. It isn't fair to put them on the spot." Bikki wanted to cheer for Raven.
"Came naturally to HER, don't you mean?" Laura Firecracker, a cougar who called herself 'St. Laura', pointed at Bikki. "It's HER fault, Calamity Ursa. SHE abused my brother, and carries on like nothing happened, la-di-da, just another slutty day for Keppra the femme fatalis!"
"SHE DID NOT!" Joshy shouted. "Bikki - Keppra - well .... I - I love her ...."
Joshy broke down into tears.

OOC : Bit long, but I hope you liked it! (: Maybe I went a bit crazy/messy including the four stories, but I wanted some gossip. (Also needed to get the Bikoshy story on the go, so far it's been just hints around TDB and other Brisky-type stories I've started.) The "animal" group seemed more interesting than an ordinary discussion group - oh, and by the way, they're not real werecats/wolves/trouts/pies (mmm, werepie), or even real therians/lycanthropes, it's basically the Madbirds capes with a twist.
As per usual, feel free to comment, or jump your character(s) in as drinkers at the F&F or as members of TD.
UserPostedImage