logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline --Raven--  
#1 Posted : 30 September 2009 02:56:19(UTC)
--Raven--

Groups: Registered
Man

OOC: I know i'm not really leaving you much to reply to, this is more telling a story, things'll change in future to stuff you can more readily reply to, but for now if you like what I'm doing then an OOC post letting me know, or even helpful suggestions about what I could do better would be much appreciated. Otherwise I won't bother writing, no point if no-one reads it right? :)

IC:

Cassie and Matt were sitting around their usual spot in the university courtyard when Julian walked over looking less than happy.
"What's the matter gorgeous, lost your lunch money?" Matt called cheerfully
"Gig on Sat is off guys, Ben quit, just saw him before"
"He what?!" Cassie couldn't believe what she was hearing.
"I said he quit, said he was sick of us going nowhere and we were holding him back" repeated Julian, slightly annoyed at having to repeat himself. "I think he's just annoyed you're not interested in him to be honest."
Cassie flicked her long dark hair out of her face and glared at Julian.
"Well what are we going to do now, we can't play on Saturday without a lead guitarist. That's the pressing issue. Fuck why he left, he wasn't that great anyway. We can treat this as a fresh start. Just need to find someone really good." said Matt, lazily drumming on his legs. The three sat around thinking for a while before Julian spoke up,
"Maybe we can get a temp, we must be able to find a guitarist, everyone and their dog plays guitar, even if they aren't that great, Cass can probably take the lead lines for this gig, then we can look for a permanent member afterwards? We should all ask around, see if anyone can fill in for the night?"
"I'm not sure I can play like Ben did, but if we stick to easier songs I might be able to manage it..." Cassie said uneasily, she knew that their only hope of getting a second gig at this place was finding a better guitarist than herself to play lead... maybe they could say one of them was sick and postpone it. The boys had started talking about video games whilst Cassie had been thinking, she tuned them out, trying to think of someone she knew that could play the way Ben did but she couldn't think of anyone. Sad thing was that while Ben wasn't great, he was just good enough to be difficult to replace.

As she sat staring out across the courtyard a familiar figure caught her eye, she recognised him from one of her units although she didn't know his name. He'd been to every class, but he usually sat back and kept mostly to himself. She almost felt sorry for him, she never saw him talking to anyone outside of classes. She decided that she'd go introduce herself, she knew what it was like to have no friends. She stood and casually walked over to him. "Hi I..." He looked up at her, their eyes locked and Cassie's knees nearly buckled. Oh. My. God. He's gorgeous... I never noticed before... why didn't I notice before!... why did I come over here?! what was I thinking?! I can't leave now though, he'll think I'm weird... Cassie's mind raced. "Hi there, I'm Cassie" Hi there? What are you, a bad Disney movie script? Relax, he's just a guy. Oh god what the hell is wrong with me?
"Hi Cassie, I'm Peter" He smiled up at her "you're in my music history class right?"
"Yeah, I am" she smiled shyly back.
"Not my best subject, I never expected I'd have to do this sort of thing, I just wanted to be able to make a living with my music. How're you finding it?" He asked as he moved across to make room for her on the bench. Cassie sat down next to him and tried to force her mouth to make words.
"I'm OK with it, I prefer the units where I actually get to sing, but I guess they have to do a little more than make us sing or it wouldn't be uni right?"
"Ah, singer hey? Nice. I'm a guitarist myself, although, i guess I'm one of about a million in this place." The words hit Cassie like a freight train "...I'm a guitarist myself...
"You play guitar?! Hey... I don't suppose you'd be interested in doing me a huge favour?..."
Offline Gemma375*  
#2 Posted : 30 September 2009 03:07:32(UTC)
Gemma375*

Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 7 post(s)
OOC: Ergh. Bloody students! :p
UserPostedImage
Live Youth are: ---------------------------------------------- Billy Maddison (Solo artist)
Gemma Ferns (Vocals) -- Dean Keller (Lead Guitar)
Jason Cevallos (Guitar) -- Guy Collins (Bass)
Tyler Albright (Drums) -- Levi Reiss (Keyboard)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#3 Posted : 30 September 2009 03:08:54(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
OOC: Very entertaining, its like a scene from a cool movie.

Oh and many of us feel you, its a constant problem here in the forums, and many of us hate it.
Offline asdf  
#4 Posted : 30 September 2009 03:11:18(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
OOC: Still one of the best mate. Applause
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 30 September 2009 03:15:49(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
OOC : As I just told you on MSN (actually, I just called your characters gay, but you get my point), you've still got it, Raven. Looking forward to the next bit! (:
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline --Raven--  
#6 Posted : 30 September 2009 03:22:49(UTC)
--Raven--

Man

OOC: Thanks everyone :)

I'll try get the next part done and posted tomorrow. :)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#7 Posted : 30 September 2009 03:25:05(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
--Raven-- wrote:
OOC: Thanks everyone :)

I'll try get the next part done and posted tomorrow. :)

OOC: Cool, looking forward to it :)
Offline --Raven--  
#8 Posted : 01 October 2009 03:18:32(UTC)
--Raven--

Man

Didn't get a chance to update tonight sorry :(
Will hopefully get it done tomorrow.