logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 04 October 2009 12:48:26(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
(OOC: So I've come to realize that one day I announced Ashley and Ryan were dating and a couple months later I say that they've broken up. So I've decided to give their relationship a bit of a backstory. This will be my main roleplay for the next couple of weeks until November 3rd when I release PANIC!'s album in-game. Enjoy! =]

(Prologue)
Date: April 22, 2006
Involved: Ashley Perry & Ryan Ross Hernandez

The room they were in was bathed in a gorgeous shade of light yellow, giving both of them the knowledge that it was now a new day. It brought a smile to Ryan's face for some reason, and that smile only got wider once he caught the eye of Ashley, the stunning redhead lying beside him.

Her eyes were soft, the same beautiful green that he had fallen in love with since the first time he had saw them. Her lips still looked as inviting as ever, tinted a shade of natural pink that looked perfect against her white-as-milk skin. When she runs one finger up and down the side of his arm, glimpses of the night before played again in his head, reminding him it all just wasn't a sweet, sweet dream.

Although she was smiling, he knew that in that brain of hers, she was dealing with the guilt and regret. Once again, they had snuck behind Ashley's parents back and hooked up for, oh, the tenth time that month. Or more, they had lost count.
He tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.
"Hello, Ryan," she greets him in her tired and raspy morning voice. He found it kind of pathetic how his heart skipped a beat every time she said his name.
He pressed his lips against hers in response to that "hello", and she wearily kisses back. It's a strange kiss, one that's innocent and slow, her lips barely moving with his. Ryan pulled away and frowned.
"I don't think I can do this anymore."
Ashley sighed and pressed her head to his bare chest, tracing light circles across his chest. "Me either."
"So why don't we tell your parents already? We've been keeping this up for too long."
"I'm not ready to tell them," she countered, wheeling her head upwards and meeting his gaze. "It's too soon."
"Too soon? Ashley we've been seeing each other for the last 6 months." Ryan laughed, a bit obnoxiously, but quickly stopped once he realized Ashley wasn't laughing along. "We've been sneaking out here and there for three months now," Ryan said, snapping back into serious mode.
Ashley sighed and latched her lips back onto his, scrambling to find an escape, any escape, from the reality she was stuck with.
Once she pulled away, she cuddled back into his chest and let out a shaky breath. "I want to watch the sun," she murmured, and she didn't sound like she was kidding. Though Ryan found that thought somewhat absurd, not to mention boring, he knew Ashley well enough to not make any sarcastic comment on what she wanted. He'd just give it to her.

It took a while for Ryan to find his jeans in the mess of clothing that lay sprawled on his bedroom floor, but he found the pair nonetheless and pulled it over his legs hastily, nearly tripping and landing face-first into the carpet. Ashley was already pressed against the bedroom window, looking up at the sky, wrapped up in nothing but the bed sheets. Her small, fragile body made her look so damn weak. Ryan guessed he could now understand why she was scared to face her parents, especially her dad. He thought 'Maybe I should just face him. I could take a punch or two,' if it happened. He'd take any sort of pain if it was for Ashley.

The sun outside was barely over the horizon, still rising and painting the sky shades of blue, yellow, and orange, creating a sky he'd never seen before in his life (then again, he'd never woken up that early before). Ashley was completely immersed in it, her eyes looking straight ahead and focusing on nothing else but the wide sky. It looked like the girl was in an entirely different universe, sitting so still like that.

But Ryan? He couldn't keep his eyes on that sky for even a second. Sitting next to Ashley made focusing very difficult. Hell, she made everything difficult for him. She was the only one he had his eyes on.

He stared intently at her face, so delicate, white....like a porcelain doll. Her eyelashes extended from her eyes just so, and her lips were still smooth and carved perfectly. The light hit her face at just the right angle, making her glow, like an angel.

He just wished he could keep her for himself. Nothing standing between them anymore. Sure, that sounded selfish, but it was the truth. He felt like a sticker sometimes, just hanging on to her.

At that moment he realized, he was in love with Ashley Perry.

Date: October 10, 2008
Involved: Ashley Perry & Ryan Ross Hernandez

Ryan let his hands brush Ashley's hair softly that quiet morning during October. Ashley could feel something stir, something wrong. Ryan was unusually quiet for himself, and without a doubt strangely dull. He was always so full of energy, so alive during their rehearsals. What was wrong now? What bugged him so much that all he did was brush her hair with his fingers? Ashley couldn't take it any longer. Something wasn't correct. She let her curiosity get the better of her.

"Something's up," she said.

"Nothing's up. Promise," Ryan replied, sounding sure. She stayed quiet before going on. "What's wrong? Really?" she asked, frowning.

"Ash, I said nothing is wrong," Ryan repeated. Ashley sighed. "But you're so quiet today. You are always involved in the rehearsals. Now I find us both sitting on a couch and feeling bored. I swear, I'm never bored with you. I know you have something on your mind. Spit it out, Ryan."

Ryan shifted in his seat before facing Ashley's face, staring into her dark green eyes. "Ash," he sighed. "you're always right. And I think we need to talk."

Ashley gulped. Since when did they ever need to talk? Her palms began to sweat with every movement. "Y..yeah?" She let out.

"I think it's best for the band...well.." Ryan paused, thinking to himself, being hesitant, before saying anything more. "I think we should take a break. I mean..our band is, well, we're doing amazing. And I'm pretty tired of hiding everything. You were right before, it's good to hide our relationship, from the media and now your parents kind of, finally like me but right now I feel like we really just need to stop going out altogether. It's for the best, I swear," he whispered.

Ashley felt her heart sink. She felt her heart get stepped on, kicked to the ground, shot at, stepped on again and left to lie in the dirt. She fought back tears. "Are you sure?" she asked.

Ryan nodded. "I'm sure. I think we need to just..see other people. You've always been my best friend. And it's strange to be dating my best friend. I know, I know we've been dating for almost three years. Ashley, please don't take this the wrong way. The last few years have been the happiest of my life."

"Then why are you leaving me?" Ashley wailed.

Ryan felt his heart tear apart, too. "Ashley, like I said," he began, trying to stay calm, "I want you to find someone better for you. Someone better than me."

"Your the one that's the best for me!" Ashley said. The tears began to fall.

Ryan was hurt, not only by seeing Ashley like this, but by the fact that he didn't want to be doing this. He still loved her more than ever. "Ashley, we can focus more on the music now and not us. If we ever let out to the public that we were dating, more people would focus on Ashley Perry and Ryan Ross Hernandez instead of PANIC!. I don't want that. This is why I'm taking a break from us. Ashley," Ryan tried to find the words. He just couldn't feel them come up. "I'm sorry," he said, wiping tears away from her eyes. "I'm so sorry."

Ashley got up and shoved him aside. "We're going to have to stay away from each other, Ryan. I'm going to need some space before I settle this all out." Ashley ran away, her eyes stinging with tears. Ryan didn't go after her, he just looked on and thought he had just made the worst mistake of his life. What caused him to give up on the best thing that has happened in his life?

to be continued...

Edited by user 05 October 2009 05:49:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Gemma375*  
#2 Posted : 04 October 2009 21:32:59(UTC)
Gemma375*

Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 7 post(s)
OOC: This is really good =D Can't wait to read the rest!!
UserPostedImage
Live Youth are: ---------------------------------------------- Billy Maddison (Solo artist)
Gemma Ferns (Vocals) -- Dean Keller (Lead Guitar)
Jason Cevallos (Guitar) -- Guy Collins (Bass)
Tyler Albright (Drums) -- Levi Reiss (Keyboard)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 04 October 2009 22:59:44(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
ooc: Its like a movie Hurry with the next part! :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline PANIC!  
#4 Posted : 05 October 2009 14:35:11(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

(OOC: Thanks! Means a lot to see at least some people are reading it. Next update after this one won't come probably until Friday. Super busy with school all this coming week. Nonetheless, enjoy. Hope this is entertaining enough for you guys. =p

Date: December 17, 2008
Involved: Ashley Perry, Ryan Ross Hernandez Gabriel Hunter, Nick Asher, and Joey Fallon

They tried to pretend everything was okay.
In essence, it wasn’t, but they tried.
They really tried.
Unfortunately each time Ryan tried to sing The Only Way That I Know How to Feel or Let My Heart Beat, the same thing happened: they looked over on at each other and were hurt.
There was nothing they could do about it, these songs meant something to him.
And he hurt Ashley.
He just wanted to leave this tour, to crush it in their palms and pretend it never existed.
But they couldn’t.
He could tell the rest of the band was also fed up with this nonsense, their nonsense. They told him to let go, to find someone other than Ashley, but she held a place in his heart.
It was a place that wouldn’t be replaced.
He still couldn’t let go.
He wouldn’t let go.
But he was forced to, since they were sucking it out of him. And as they did this, they slowly killed him from the inside. Putting up with this tour was just too much, having Ashley in the same bus with him, having the band constantly reminding him that he couldn’t be with her anymore.
The break up was so fresh.
And now another little piece of trouble was shoved in his face.
Patrick.
This guy, this muscular, wavy haired guy was another reason he wanted to leave. Europe had its perks and privileges, but having Patrick on the tour with them was pure torture.
He couldn’t even approach Ashley.
She was untouchable when Patrick was around.
She wouldn’t be touched.
She wasn’t aloud to be. And yet Ryan usually spent those rare moments with her, past midnight, eating and talking with her.
They were short lived conversations, but conversations nonetheless. These little moments of talk with her were those he’d treasure in his heart forever.
He wouldn’t let this go.
But he couldn’t put up with this either.
He needed a break from it all, since it was crushing his spirit, affecting the way he performed every night.
And he needed to go away and let his heart figure it all out.
So with the thoughts in his head and his heart set, he called for a band meeting, excluding Patrick from it.

Guys,” he began weakly. His voice was a tiny whisper, and his head looked to the ground, never really meeting their eyes. “I think we all need a break.
At first they took it as a joke, wondering if he meant what he said, but he did. He didn’t doubt it.
He was sure.
Ryan, we can’t just cancel the European tour. Are you crazy?” She asked, the voice of Ashley, a voice too familiar to him. Seeing her there, puzzled, with a quizzical look on her face, reminded him of her expression when he told her he wanted to leave her. He said he wanted to take a break from their relationship.
I might be crazy,” he muttered. “But I can’t do this anymore.” He laughed, a stiff and fake laugh, and they questioned why. There was absolutely nothing to laugh about. “I know I’m crazy.
You’re acting like it,” Joey pitched in.
I don’t want to deal with this anymore, we all need to just..work it out. We need to. This tour will end up as crap if I continue with the emotions I’m carrying right now.
On the back of Ashley’s mind, she knew he was right. She saw how he was acting, how he felt. It was obvious to them all.
Maybe we should,” Ashley said suddenly. The heads turned to her.
What?!” Gabriel yelled out.
Ryan’s right. We should take a break for a little bit. I know it’s soon. But I don’t even feel comfortable either.
How can you guys not feel comfortable? We’ve been touring for so many years now and you aren’t comfortable?” Nick asked, confusion running through his mind. Was there a shift of feelings or something?
Ashley sighed. She couldn’t explain what he felt.
We can cancel. It will be quick. Please, you guys,” Ryan begged, looking them all in the eyes now. They looked back at him, and didn’t recognize this serious, pitiful Ryan. They didn’t know him.
Fine,” Nick announced. Joey looked at him, now the only one who did not agree yet.
You guys are serious about this?” He asked them, his jaw nearly dropping.
They all nodded at him, and an angry frown fell across his face.
Alright guys,” he sighed. “If this is what you want.
It is,” Ryan finished.
Ryan did his best to inform everyone.
This decision would send everyone in a frenzy, but he couldn’t do anything about it.
They needed this break.

Thanks for agreeing to this,” Ryan whispered as he prepared to depart from the four at the airport. He did his best trying to hide the tremble in his voice, but it was obvious, even to him. “I appreciate it.
Just be sure to come back,” Gabriel told him, his threatening voice on. Ryan smiled and nodded slowly. He wasn’t so sure about that.
Alright, I’m off,” he told them, giving them all one last wave goodbye before disappearing into the line.

So far, so good, Ryan thought, looking around his house. He sat here, in his bedroom in Nashville. It has been officially three weeks since he and the band had parted. Not only was it a good time to think, it was a good time to pour all his feelings out into paper and write down simple songs.
He looked over at one she had just written.
He refused to let the band see this, it was just too hard to explain. He expressed anger in his words.
He shoved it to the side, hopping off his mattress and walking out the door.
It was silent out here. The morning rain was still pouring.
You could hear it hit the roof and windows, rattling against both. It soothed him.
He put his hood on as he walked outside, into the rain, letting it soak him wet.
He didn’t mind.
The street was glossy, and the cars passing by sent sprays of water on the sidewalks. He couldn’t see anyone out here.
The rain picked up, icy, cold and loud.
It was pouring.
Down, down, down it went, on the street, into the street filters, onto his hood.
But it was also silent. Ryan trudged through the street.
He wanted to let the rain crumple him up and wither him so much that he would disappear right into it, never showing his face again.
He continued to move through the street, walking past the rain that sprayed his pants.
That’s when he finally appeared at the place where too many memories took a space in his mind.
This park, this lonely and wet park, was where he and Ashley had their first kiss.
He groaned silently. Why did Ashley have to get back into her mind again?
He stared at the park, over at the kid’s playground, over at the lush, green grass that was sprayed with water droplets.
He made his eyes look at that one bench, over at the far end of the field, where he took Ashley to sit down and gave her a kiss she wouldn’t forget.
But the more he thought about it, the harder it was to remember the way she looked when he kissed her, the way her lips tasted when it molded with his own.
He sighed.
He had forgotten.
He so desperately wanted to remember, though. With that thought in mind he walked over to the bench, letting the slushy, wet mud seep their way into the bottom of his shoes.
The bench was wet and worn down. The wood was chipping.
He sat on it, looking out into the field, imagining how it looked when he was there with her.
He wanted to remember that night when he ran off with Ashley, for that night was the only thing that would keep him happy and hopeful.
Stupid Kid.
You should have known.
The cold air hugged his cheeks and roused goosebumps on his skin. It was ironic this weather matched his mood perfectly.
It was even more ironic that the weather when he kissed her was sunny and nice, nothing like this.
He watched in envy Patrick kiss Ashley, in her bunk.
Ryan just brushed past them, never really caring.
Watching them was like purposely stabbing himself. Again and again.
It hurt.
But he knew he didn’t have the power to stop anything, and that his best friend, for once, was finally happy.
This he knew for sure, late at night when he overheard them talk but he did know he was in love.
Deeply, movingly.
But he was in love with her, too.
How would this mess work out? Why was there always something in between them?
The human mind never seems to let go of things that it holds near and dear to it. It refuses to let you move on.
When you finally do move on, it seeps back into your mind again. Sometimes, you can’t help it, and you cry.
Like he was doing now.
As the rain hit his face, teardrops fell and continued staining his shirt until he was all out of tears.
He wanted to get sick, to have another excuse to not come back to the band sooner.
But that thought was selfish, it only benefited him.
He was thinking about himself.
The band needed him back, and he continued to think about only her.
That wasn’t the way to think.
Ryan opened his eyes, looked out into the park and finally walked back toward his house, ready to crawl into bed and disappear below in the sheets.
In his home, he took a handful of the powerful drug Ativan.
Not enough to kill me, but just enough to make him forget, even if it would only be for a few hours.
Without even thinking it twice he swallowed them down his throat. Not even taking a sip of water to disgust them.

A sudden ring of her doorbell startled him.
He lifted the covers over his head, and just looked over at the white door.
With the ringing and knocking continued, unwilling he got up to answer it.
He never expected her to be here.
And yet there she stood, with a calm expression pasted on her face. Both their hearts wanted to jump out of their chests.
He had no words to tell her at that moment.
They just stood there in silence, an overwhelming silence that shook them both on the inside.
Neither one could find the words.
Ashley, slowly, walked toward her.
She was right there, his face inches from hers, his breath hanging on her lips.
He couldn’t bear it anymore.
He had to do what she wanted for once.
And so he did.
Without any hesitation their lips slammed into each other, equally wanting whatever they were going to do next. His fingers moved down the sides of her arms, sending trails of fire along the way. His lips burned hers, and as their bodies moved with each other, so did each piece of clothing.
Because the more they moved, the more came off.
And they had no care, for this is what they both wanted.
They wouldn’t let go.

But sadly it was a dream.

Ryan woke up with his body dripping with sweat.
His eyes were bloodshot red due to the strong dose of pills he had taken before.
The empty bottle lied on the ground with the last few pills surrounding it.
He woke up once again with the same angry, sad, depressing thoughts.
A sudden ring of her doorbell startled him again.
The only difference this time is it was real.
He groaned in angry, not wanting it to be real like in his dream.
Nevertheless he stood up to answer it.
He was in rather shock of the small women figure he saw in front of him.
Ashley was standing before him, this time not in a dream.
"My God, Ryan! What's wrong with you?" She asked him after seeing in the bad shape he was in.
"Nothing I just went out for a jog.... But come in." Ryan said not short if she would believe that since she knew he hated to do exercise. Although he wasn't too skinny or too fat he was average. Not a muscular guy like Patrick.
She stepped inside, Ryan shutting the door behind them.
The first thing she noticed what that his house was a mess. Which shocked her since Ryan was the cleanest guy she knew.
"Ryan, something is wrong. Tell me already. What you don't trust me anymore?" Ashley asked, which Ryan thought about for a couple of seconds since he really wasn't sure.
"I do..... I've just been a little messy lately..." He said in a firm voice.
"A little? Ryan, this is a pig hole!"
He shook his head. "Why are you here Ashley?"
"I just wanted to check on you. And I'm glad I did. What's wrong Ryan?" Ashley asked once again as she patted him on the arm.
"Nothing. I promise." Ryan said and gave a weak smirk at her.
"Okay. At least let me help you fix this place up."
He nod his head in agreement.
Although he hadn't seen her in three weeks she still looks at stunning as she did before.
Ashley picked up a couple of things off the floor and arranged them on counters and tables. She did this for a couple of more times until she saw something that caught her attention.
It was an empty pill bottle with a 'Ativan' sticker across it. She placed it in her pocket and went back to the living room where Ryan was.
Ashley continued fixing up the place, like everything was fine.
"So, what have you been up to?" Ashley said in the sweetest voice she could.
If Ryan was in his right state of mind he would have caught on right away that it was faked.
"Nothing much. Just been writing a little." Ryan said rubbing his eyes that were still bloodshot.
Ashley sat next to him on the couch. "Really? Nothing exciting? Nothing to get your blood pumping?"
Ryan shook his head. "No. Nothing. Just been figuring myself out."
She all of a sudden stood up and took out the bottle tossing it across his chest.
"Really, Ryan?! You been figuring yourself out by taking drugs?! What happen to our straightedge agreement as a band? What happen to not wanting to turnout like other musicians?" Ashley not only asked but shouted at him.
Ryan put his head down in shame. "I'm... I'm... I'm sorry." He said in a soft, quiet tone.
Ashley quickly noticed that something was seriously wrong and he wasn't just taking them for his own pleasure. She picked up the bottle from his knees and tossed it to the side.
She sat next to him once more, he didn't even notice as his hands were covering his face. Not just for the shame but for the tears that were threatening to fall out. Ashley slowly removed them from his face keeping one of her hands on his.
"I just want to know why? What's so bad that you had to take drugs?" Ashley asked him in a soft, gentle tune.
Ryan looked into Ashley's eyes. "Because I lost.... the best thing that happened.... in my life." He said in a whisper.
Ashley had a confused look upon her face. "What was that Ryan?" She said not even noticing the way he was looking at her.
"You....." Ryan said with a single tear falling from his eye which he quickly cleaned off.
Ashley stood up confused. She ran her fingers through her hair not sure what he meant.
"What... What are you talking about Ryan? You broke up with me...."
Ryan looked up at her with the sades eyes she had ever seen.
"But... I didn't do it willing. I... I still..." Ryan tried to say those last two words but they just didn't come out.
Ashley's eyes began to tear up as she forced under her breath. "You.. still what?"
Ryan let out in a tune that wasn't even a whisper, it was lower. "I still love you."
Ashley was now even more confused than before. "I don't understand Ryan. What do you mean, by that you didn't do it willing?"
"'Cause I.... didn't want to break up with. I never did.... I had to.... Because the guys said. If we continued our relationship, they would have left the band."
She was even more confused now, she didn't understand anything. At this point she didn't want to.
"I... I gotta go." Ashley said picking up her purse and stepping over the last few items that still lied on the floor. She opened the door and stopped for a seconds before shutting the door behind her.
Ryan was left once again alone in his home. His bloodshot eyes were rolling to the back of his head, with a few tears falling out. He reached over for his phone on the coffee table in front of him and dialed #3. Apparently that was a speed dial to someone.
He placed it on his ear as he laid back on the couch. He vision was soon blurry and he started to sweat more and more. The phone rang in his ears a couple of time before someone picked up the phone.
"Hello..." Someone familiar said from the other line. He had called bandmate Gabriel.
Ryan attempted his best to try and respond after a couple of tries he finally did but with his speech slurred.
"He...He...llooo...." Gabriel had no idea what Ryan just told him.
"Hello. Dude what's wrong?" He said in a considered voice but didn't receive a response.
That was until he heard a lot thud. When Ryan attempted to stand up but his phone fell and he collapsed on the floor.
"Hello. Ryan what was that?!" When he still got no response he hung up. He called someone else to see if someone could get a hold of him since he was in Chicago.

Ryan laid on the floor, after losing consciousness from the pills he had taken before. Was someone going to get a hold of him on time?

to be continued...
UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#5 Posted : 12 October 2009 11:41:25(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Date: December 18, 2008
Involved: Ashley Perry, Ryan Ross Hernandez

Ryan's; Point of View

Have you ever woken up from a nap thinking it’ll make you feel more energized only to find that you’re ten times more exhausted than you were before you even went to sleep? Waking up in the hospital was that exact feeling for me. At least, I thought it was the hospital. I wasn’t really sure where I was anymore, but I was too tired to freak out. The beeping sounds of machines surrounding me and the uncomfortable bed were pretty good giveaways.

I was too tired to even be bothered by nurses, so I didn’t call for one. Instead, I just took the opportunity to enjoy the darkness. My head was killing me, but so was the rest of my body. It just felt good to know that the rest of my body was actually there. Either that, or I had some serious phantom limb shit going on. Still, I hoped for the best.

My body did feel a little heavier, though. In fact, my left arm was asleep. Not only was my left arm asleep, but someone was sleeping on it. I couldn’t make out just who it was in the dark, but they obviously had to know me pretty well to be that comfortable in bed with me. My first thought went to my little sister, but I didn’t want to wake her. Whoever it was had to be exhausted. How else could they sleep in this bed without some serious drugs?

Hey. Hey, wake up,” I whispered, not caring who it was as them lying on my arm became more and more uncomfortable for me. They could go back to sleep, but first, I needed my arm. “Seriously, get up,” I mumbled, raising my voice to just above a whisper.

Five more minutes, mom,” a familiar female voice told me as its owner curled further into my side eliciting a hiss of a wince that came out of nowhere. God, everything in my body hurt.

Ashley?” I asked, even though I knew it couldn’t be possible. Clearly, I was still sleeping. This all had to be a dream. Any second now, Hunter would dump cold water on me, and I would wake up to find myself in the middle of another God forsaken overdose from those fucking sleeping pills.

Ryan?” Ashley’s voice tiredly questioned as she propped herself up next to me and reached around for something totally unknown to me. It wasn’t long before the lights in the room were blinding me as my eyes fought to adjust themselves.

Jesus. What’s with all the freaking light?” I muttered, trying to shield my eyes with

You’re awake!” she screeched, throwing her arms around my neck in a hug.

Not for long, if you keep this crap up. Take it easy, Ashley. I think I’ve been beaten down enough,” I mumbled, even though I couldn’t help but smile just at the fact that she was really there. If this was a dream, then I didn’t want to wake up. I could die right then, and I would have been the happiest guy on the planet.

I need to get the doctor,” she told me without hesitation.

You really know how to ruin the mood for any situation, don’t you?” I asked with a frown. I was too busy trying to memorize every single thing about her appearance to even begin to care about my health.

I do what I can,” Ashley insisted, wiggling her way out of my grasp much to my dismay.

So, you really are awake? That’s a pleasant surprise,” the doctor stated with a smile as Ashley dragged him into my room.

That’s what she tells me. I can go back to sleep if you’d like. Wake me up sometime next week,” I told him before he took out a mini flashlight and tried to test my vision. “Again with the light. Seriously. It’s like you want me to go blind.

Is he always like this?” the doctor asked, turning his attention to Ashley.

You mean a pain in the butt? Yeah, it’s pretty much an everyday thing, trust me I know,” Ashley replied with a glare in my direction.

Hey, I’m the one lying in the hospital bed. I think I’m allowed to be a pain in the butt. It’s one of the few places on me that doesn’t hurt,” I muttered, attempting to reposition myself in the bed without much success.

Yeah, well, you have more than enough padding back there. Now, hush,” Ashley warned in a tone that I knew all too well. “How does he look, doc?

Never hotter,” I chimed in before yelping as Ashley softly punched my arm.

Vitals look good so far. We’ll have to run some more tests to be sure, but the fact that he’s awake is more than we could have asked for, after the amount of pills he took” the doctor stated as if I wasn’t even in the room. “Is there anything we can get for you?

A hot nurse, a sponge bath, a razor, and a steak would be fantastic. You know, if it’s not asking for too much,” I replied as my stomach growls started to take over the conversation.

I’ll see what I can do about the food. The nurses around here aren’t too bad to look at. We’ll get you taken care of. Clearly, you’re going to be another handful,” the doctor countered with a chuckle as he made notes on his chart.

Just wait until a couple of more hours pass by,” Ashley warned, taking a seat on the edge of the hospital bed.

Ashley's Point of View

If you’d stop trying to grab my hand, then this would go a lot faster,” I told Ryan with a sigh as I attempted to help him shave. Going anywhere near his face was one thing he wouldn’t let the nurses do, especially after he’d convinced himself that they were trying to kill him while trying to get him cleaned up.

I can’t have you ruining my moneymaker. We all know that my looks are all I have going for me,” Ryan replied with a smirk as I finally finished my task.

Honestly, you’re not even all that great to look at anymore. Your personality kind of ruins it,” I lied as I placed the razor and shaving cream off to the side and let my hand gently move over his cheek.

You really know how to kick a guy while he’s down,” Ryan mumbled with a sigh as he finally relaxed into his pillow and stopped squirming.

My eyes quickly fluttered closed as he reached a hand up to gently brush against my cheek, but that touch alone was enough to make my stomach flip-flop.

You had us all scared out of our minds,” I told him, not really caring that whatever was happening right then was totally inappropriate for a girl who was taken by someone else to be taking part in with an ex-boyfriend, but the thoughts going through my head weren’t exactly all that appropriate either. In just a split second, what he had told me the night before was running through my mind, but I quickly shaken off them. Not sure whether he meant it, or if it was the pills talking.

Sorry. Won’t happen again,” Ryan replied without hesitation as his fingers found their way into my hair. I replied with a small smile as I reached up to envelope his hand with mine. He couldn’t keep touching me like that if he expected me to still be able to hold a conversation.

A long silence passed between us, but it wasn’t awkward in the least. I was trying to get my thoughts under control, which wasn’t really happening at all, and Ryan was just looking at me with those damn, deep chocolate puppy dog eyes of his that could make any girls question everything they’d ever thought about their lives.

How long do I have you to myself before everybody else shows up?” Ryan asked, breaking the silence and my thought process at the same time.

A couple hours. They’re all flying from where ever they are in the country, over here right now. I’ve been staying here, I was the one that found you passed out in your house” I told him with a frown. The fact that he didn’t actually have me anymore, never once crossed my mind.

We should make the best of our time then, shouldn’t we?” Ryan questioned, looking up at me rather expectantly. Expectant for what, I wasn’t sure.

You’re not in any shape to make the best of your time with anyone,” I reminded him, deciding to not even go there right then. Ruining the moment really wasn’t something that I felt like doing. Ryan was going to be okay. That was cause for happiness, and I was not going to be a Debbie Downer.

That’s not what I meant, but thanks for making sure there’s absolutely nothing left of my ego. We have a lot to talk about. About us. Two hours isn’t going to be nearly enough time to even get started,” Ryan reminded me with a smile.

“Right, I guess, I was afraid. I was confused. I didn't understand how you could possibly say you loved me, now when I've been dating Patrick for months,” I admitted.

You were the only thing that kept me going,” Ryan stated with no sign of hesitation in his voice. “If it wasn’t for you, then I wouldn’t have made it nearly as long as I have. It would have been so easy to end everything and not have to worry about it anymore. Like I tried to do with those pills.

Don’t talk like that. You’re with all your loved ones. That’s all that matters,” I insisted, not even wanting to think about just how dire his mental state might have been without anyone talking with him. Without me every attempting to tell him that everything was going to be all right, even if I couldn’t guarantee that.

I’m sorry I wasn’t a better friend,” Ryan threw in, completely disregarding anything I had to say. He had months of conversations built up inside of him. Maybe it was better if I just let him talk.

I could have picked up the phone just as easily as you could have,” I reminded him, running the fingertips of one hand over his forehead to try to keep him from furrowing his brow as much as possible. He shouldn’t have been worrying, but with Ryan, it was impossible to get him to stop.

With more power than I thought Ryan possessed at that moment, he gently reached up and placed a hand on either side of my face before pulling me closer to him. I could have stopped what happened next, and I should have. My body just wouldn’t let me.

Ryan’s lips were dry and rough as they moved tiredly against mine. I didn’t have the heart to push him away, especially when my own heart was too busy doing somersaults within my chest.

You should get some rest. You’ve got a long day ahead of you, they aren't letting you leave until tomorrow,” I mumbled against his lips with my forehead pressed softly against his.

“Only if you promise to be here when I wake up,” Ryan yawned.

I’m not going anywhere. Nobody could move me if they tried,” I promised, turning the light off as I nestled into his side. Giving him false hope wasn’t the best that I could do for him, but I was too conflicted to even know what to think anymore. Ryan was alive, and best of all, he was awake. Regardless of where we were, with his arm around me, I had never felt more at home.

to be continued... (maybe)
UserPostedImage