logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 21 October 2009 13:11:28(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Studio album by Breaking Dawn at Sunset
Released: November 17, 2009
(see release history)
Recorded: Lightning Sound Studios
Hidden Hills, California
March - May 2009

Genre: Pop punk, pop rock, Emo, alternative rock
Label: Climax Records
Producer: Ryan Ross Hernandez

Professional reviews

The Real Music World: 5/5 stars

Singles from 20 Dollar Nose Bleed

1. "Hollywood, We Have a Problem"
Released: October 20, 2009

20 Dollar Nose Bleed is the debut studio album by American rock band Breaking Dawn at Sunset, to be released through Climax Records on November 17, 2009, worldwide. The album was produced by Ryan Ross Hernandez and recorded in Hidden Hills, California from March to May, 2009.

Background, writing and production

Breaking Dawn at Sunset wanted to write and record the album in their hometown of Chicago, but due to lead vocalist Gabriel Hunter's commitment with PANIC! the band had to record in Los Angeles, next door to where PANIC! were recording. Bassist Patrick Lewis has said in interviews that most of the record was recorded at night, saying: "PANIC!'s recording time started at around eleven in the morning and continued to like six in the evening. Then Gabriel and Ryan would meet up with us after they had a couple of hours to relax, at around ten, eleven and we would just be writing and recording until two in the morning."

The band has said that the first month of recording nothing was accomplished. Lead vocalist Gabriel Hunter said, "We would just try to start and write something and a couple of minutes after, Ryan and Patrick would be in arguments. It was just a constant thing and by the end of the month we just let them go at. Which was understandable since Pat had just started to date Ryan's ex but we knew it was going to happen. We just knew that we didn't want anyone else to produce or album, and Patrick agreed too. But thankfully by the fourth week, the recording sessions became productive. As your going to hear on the record, Patrick really vented all the current events around him with the lyrics on this album.

Breaking Dawn at Sunset spent three weeks in pre-production at Burbank, California. Despite attempting to begin writing, scheduling conflicts prevented the band to begin writing until they went into the studio.

Release and promotion

The first single from the album was "Hollywood, We Have a Problem", a song that Patrick Lewis stated that he wrote when he became "obsessed" with becoming successful which he has said soon became unhealthy. The band has said that the circa of the song is sometime late-2005. The track was made available via digital download on October 20, on the same date the album became available for pre-order on their official website.

Reception

Coming Soon....

Tour

Breaking Dawn at Sunset have confirmed that they will be the sole, opening act for PANIC! on their upcoming arena United States tour. The band have said that they will headline a small venue tour at the beginning of 2010 to support the album.

Track listing

All songs written and composed by Gabriel Hunter and Patrick Lewis, except where noted.

1. "Hollywood, We Have a Problem" 3:26
2. "Baby, Seasons Change But People Don't" 3:33
3. "Where Is My Beige Iridescent Lipstick?" 3:21
4. "I've Got a Unlimited Supply of Ativan and a Messed Up Idea That Says You Should Come Back With Me" 3:11 (Lewis, Hunter, Ryan Ross Hernandez)
5. "Welcome to the New Déjà Vu" 3:43 (Lewis, Hunter, Hernandez)
6. "Do Your Part to Save the Scene and Stop Going to Shows" 3:27
7. "The Tunnel of Love Was Playing Suicide" 3:23
8. "Kiss Away Young Thrills and Kills on the Mouths of All My Friends" 2:32 (Hunter, Hernandez)
9. "It's Not a Side Effect of Your Fame, I'm Thinking It Must Be Love" (To Ashley, With Love) 2:11 (Lewis)
10. "Disorganized Religion of My Head" 4:17 (Lewis, Hunter, Hernandez)

Personnel

Breaking Dawn at Sunset

* Gabriel Hunter – lead vocals, guitar
* Chandler Geller – guitar, backing vocals
* Patrick Lewis - bass guitar, backing vocals
* John Andrew – drums, percussion

Guest artists

* Ashley Perry (PANIC!) - Guest vocals on "Disorganized Religion of My Head"
* Ryan Ross Hernandez (PANIC!) - Guest vocals on "Kiss Away Young Thrills and Kills on the Mouths of All My Friends"
* Josh Fallon (PANIC!) - Guitar solo in "Baby, Seasons Change But People Don't"

Additional personnel

* Ryan Ross Hernandez - producer, keyboards
* Rob Carling - engineering
* Chris Brady-Evans - mixing at Mix LA
* Jamie Manning - organ
* Taylor Jennings - mastering at Sterling Sound
* Nick Wiley - French horn
* Ken Lane - bass trombone
* Darrell Leonard - Euphonium
* Guy Bettison - Pan Flute

Chart Performance

Coming Soon....

Release History

Italy: November 9, 2009
Greece: November 9, 2009
Brazil: November 12, 2009
Australia: November 13, 2009
Germany: November 13, 2009
Ireland: November 13, 2009
New Zealand: November 16, 2009
Denmark: November 16, 2009
United Kingdom: November 16, 2009
France: November 16, 2009
Portugal: November 16, 2009
United States: November 17, 2009
Canada: November 17, 2009
Japan: November 19, 2009
Finland: November 20, 2009

Edited by user 14 November 2009 13:42:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#2 Posted : 21 October 2009 14:24:57(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

UserPostedImage

1st Single: Hollywood, We Have a Problem

Frontman Gabriel Hunter explained to MTV News that, "everything we're trying to say about pop culture, it's in this song." He added: "The chorus — 'Change will come, but I will never believe in anything again' — that's about the '90s, when we really cared, [but] then we got into all this awful mess. And I think people stopped believing in the goodwill of man and that you can change the world or do any good. So everything became internalized. The past decade has been totally about 'me.' It's totally about 'Oh, I'm sad. I want this. I know somebody who knows this person. Me me me me me,' so that's what that song is about."

Bassist and main lyricist Patrick Lewis admits, that he was influenced to write the song after he saw a film titled Glengarry Glen Ross. The movie is about an examination of the machinations behind the scenes at a real estate office.

Edited by user 31 October 2009 07:03:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#3 Posted : 14 November 2009 13:44:16(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Chart Performance (First Week Peaks/Sales)

United Kingdom: #3 (32,131)
United States: #1 (34,713)
Canada: #3 (31,247)
Australia & New Zealand: #2 (31,887)
South America: #1 (31,638)
Asia: #1 (30,879)
Europe: #1 (31,356)

Worldwide: #1 (223,851)

(note; song descriptions will be up tomorrow.)
UserPostedImage