logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Captain Insano  
#1 Posted : 30 October 2009 10:01:49(UTC)
Captain Insano

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
“To all the fans that have been waiting patiently since we announced this (which I think may have flown under the radar....never mind), we apologise for the delay in the new album. Things have been hectic as hell, mostly my fault, what with Sisyphean and its fits and starts, touring, been holed up in a studio tweaking this and that. Yet it’s all done. We have been sitting on the new material for a while, just to let it mature and to see if it still is relevant now as it was then and the answer is yes it is. It’s another double album and its one that’s bi polar in its nature. Sonically it’s an album of two halves”

UserPostedImage

Disc One
1. Constellations (8.47)
2. Eternal Light (10.36)
3. Infinity (10.48)
4. Beyond the Realms of Understanding and Acceptance (10.31)
5. Andronicus (15.23)

Disc Two
1. Genesis of Fear (12.22)
2. Without Knowledge There is Nothing (9.17)
3. We Are God (11.24)
4. Shrine of Ruin (13.47)
5. First Monument (8.45)

All arrangements Fisher/Barrett.
Lyrics by Sanders
Recorded at Malevolent Studios, Corby, UK

‘We haven’t really gone to any extremes unlike we did with ‘Equilibrium’…we toned it down a bit in terms of progression, though sound wise its more or less similar. Basically we have gone down an epic 70’s style prog path but without overdoing it as it happened then. It got a little out of hand. Anyone who grew up in this era is going to be well pleased. There are no traditional song structures, plenty of blues and jazz veins, plenty of free flowing rhythms that go off on unexpected tangents. Classic influences like Rush, Genesis, King Crimson, ELO, Pink Floyd are all there but we’ve updated it with a modern guitar sound, where at times it can be quite heavy. Listening to it, this is how I wished some of the bands sounded like. ‘Andronicus’ is my pick of the first disc. Tracks like ‘Constellations’ are probably the most accessible of the lot, not in commercial terms but easy enough for the casual listener to get in on the act’

‘Disc two is rather different all together…a step back in time if you must, one that will please our older fan base. True progressive technical death metal. It’s much like ‘Equilibrium but minus the rock structures, its like our own watershed ‘Towers of Decay’ but without the avante garde epic arrangements.. It’s harsh, abrasive, cold and calculating. There is some degree of melody but its like an alien element, as if it shouldn’t be there, say for example listening to ‘Shrine of Ruin’. This album will hopefully challenge listeners…I always want listeners to be challenged, to be sitting there and there be questions more than there are answers. They may think they can figure things out but something else will stand out and challenge their views. Lyrically I decided, for the first time, to delve into a topic and in this case it was Satanism on a metaphysical nature. You know, stuff that Deathspell Omega and Arkhon Infaustus has explored lately...this is our own take on it and its links to the stars."

This album is available just about everywhere (sorry to South American and Asian fans at this time), independantley released and in your favourite record stores. More news to be available soon.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline Paradox  
#2 Posted : 30 October 2009 11:15:41(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Jose: That is.. wow
Erik: damn it's not released in South America, I'll pick a copy of it somewhere sometime
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline Synxhard  
#3 Posted : 30 October 2009 12:56:05(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Brilliant. Nothing more can be said, and nothing less should be said.

-Vinny
The Wicker Man