logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Taylr  
#41 Posted : 11 November 2009 08:28:10(UTC)
Taylr

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
TheCDs wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
Captain Insano wrote:
Its all the parents fault.

To be fair, parents don't know shit about raising kids. It's not like there's an instruction manual.

There is the Bible, I'm sure there is something in there about parenting. Like there was that one part where Lot's daughters got Lot drunk so they could "lay" with him.. or um... wait, is that appropriate father-daughter activity?

Barely anyone will look into a bible for help with parenting you know. :P
Offline Taylr  
#42 Posted : 11 November 2009 08:31:06(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
sharinganerror wrote:
I honestly see that there are too many stupid(I mean academically) and immature youth to even function in today's world, they think that they're all that matters and are spoiled rotten by their worthless parents. I see these brats walk out each and every day at my local best buy with xbox 360s, ps3s, and all kind of shit. It always angers me because of the way they act and talk about it. I mean, they literally every time walk about whining,"I've gotta get -insert here- right now, I NEED THIS" or "Why didn't you get me -insert here-?" and other greedy and otherwise repulsive comments. Not to mention the parents themselves are huge brats themselves, spending 3x more time shopping than actual parenting, and when they do parent they suck ass. Now, these guys are the same age as my parents, which disturbs me knowing the incredible difference in maturity. This applies to alot of things, not just electronics if you were wondering. I've also come to the conclusion of one question,Why can they afford all of this if the economy is so bad? It came to me and made feel so stupid. It's credit. There's no fucking way that these people could be that possibly rich, they just live in debt without a second doubt and go on living their pathetic, worthless lives.

Opinions, answers, questions, whatever. I hope this thread can be used as a universal topic for alot of things going on today.

Coming from someone who calls people immature and pathetic, I'm surprised you come up with an insult everytime someone comments here
Offline Mt. Epic  
#43 Posted : 11 November 2009 10:07:04(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Gemma375* wrote:
I just find it quite strange that from the first sentence sharinganerror wrote, he was already wrong.

If the teenagers of today were so "stupid (academically)", why on earth are college and university attendance rates at an all time high? Sure, there's a recession on so jobs are hard to come by, but the fact remains that to gain entry to a university or college institution, a students grades need to be of a certain level.
Also, labelling "teenagers" is targetting everybody from the age of 13 - 19. Yes, many 14, 15 year olds may act in a selfish or "flash" way, but its because they are making the transition from childhood into adulthood, are trying to work out the boundaries and discover who they are. Everybody goes through a patch where they're less than perfect. It's growing up. You certainly can't lump most 18 and 19 year olds in with these kids. Note, I said "many" 14/15 year olds, not ALL. Most go through this transition without being a complete nightmare.

I think the entire post was pointless, ridiculously inaccurate and small minded. I know a lot of people in their 20s and 30s which can be/are just as immature and self centred as these "teens" you talk about, just like I know a lot of 17 year olds who are so mature and intelligent that they hang about with groups of older people and don't seem out of place.

So, again, what is the point of your post? Apart from mindless, ageist waffle?

PS. Sorry if I missed any points, but I stopped reading halfway through, due to fear that my braincells were actually melting.

The American education system is so far behind other countries' educational expectations that students really only start to learn in high school, who by then, aren't really considered teenagers anymore. Pssh, like one year in college you're a teen, that's not much.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline Paradox  
#44 Posted : 11 November 2009 11:24:27(UTC)
Paradox

Man

sharinganerror wrote:

and that's why you suck ass for this post.

god, i hate those immature pricks
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline TheCDs  
#45 Posted : 11 November 2009 11:48:49(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
Gemma375* wrote:
I just find it quite strange that from the first sentence sharinganerror wrote, he was already wrong.

If the teenagers of today were so "stupid (academically)", why on earth are college and university attendance rates at an all time high? Sure, there's a recession on so jobs are hard to come by, but the fact remains that to gain entry to a university or college institution, a students grades need to be of a certain level.
Also, labelling "teenagers" is targetting everybody from the age of 13 - 19. Yes, many 14, 15 year olds may act in a selfish or "flash" way, but its because they are making the transition from childhood into adulthood, are trying to work out the boundaries and discover who they are. Everybody goes through a patch where they're less than perfect. It's growing up. You certainly can't lump most 18 and 19 year olds in with these kids. Note, I said "many" 14/15 year olds, not ALL. Most go through this transition without being a complete nightmare.

I think the entire post was pointless, ridiculously inaccurate and small minded. I know a lot of people in their 20s and 30s which can be/are just as immature and self centred as these "teens" you talk about, just like I know a lot of 17 year olds who are so mature and intelligent that they hang about with groups of older people and don't seem out of place.

PS. Sorry if I missed any points, but I stopped reading halfway through, due to fear that my braincells were actually melting.

The American education system is so far behind other countries' educational expectations that students really only start to learn in high school, who by then, aren't really considered teenagers anymore. Pssh, like one year in college you're a teen, that's not much.

I was a teen through all my years of high school, in fact everyone I know was a teen throughout all of their years of high school.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline sharinganerror  
#46 Posted : 11 November 2009 13:18:13(UTC)
sharinganerror

Gildermershina wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
forkboy wrote:
That's not very Christian language young sir.

Do you honestly think I don't already know that?! I'll atone for my choices when all is said and done.

Unless you get hit by a bus before you get a chance.

I'm jus' sayin.

then so be it, I deserve to go to hell anyway.
Offline sharinganerror  
#47 Posted : 11 November 2009 13:26:57(UTC)
sharinganerror

Aj wrote:
I didn't mean it seriously, by the way.

But anyway, aside from Sharinganerrors lack of understanding of human beings, you do have a point that children are to greedy nowadays, but so is everyone. Adults are even more greedy, to be fair, and it IS all the parents' fault unless you really do get a little shit, but anyway the point remains the parents give the children the money, they give them the designer shirts, they give them the three holidays a year - its just like with fat kids.

If you don't give it to them, they wont use it. Unless they end up stealing from you, but if you raise them properly that wouldn't happen. And very rarely you do just get little shits in which case tough luck, some kids are just like that and they always will be like it.

Plus Raphaela why should we have something to fight for? Hell there are plenty of things to fight for - climate change, greedy bankers, stupid politicions, outrageous treatment of soldiers - the list goes on. The problem isn't that we don't have something to fight for it's that no one can be bothered.

It's not that I don't have a lack of human undestanding, I just don't present it. You assume just because I post a few sentences, those few sentences are all I know. What right do you have to estimate my knowledge? I admit when I post I fail to get my point across because I'm tactless and immature, so I end up replying to post and forget to complete my thoughts.
Offline TheCDs  
#48 Posted : 11 November 2009 14:14:13(UTC)
TheCDs

sharinganerror wrote:
Aj wrote:

But anyway, aside from Sharinganerrors lack of understanding of human beings, you do have a point that children are to greedy nowadays, but so is everyone. Adults are even more greedy, to be fair, and it IS all the parents' fault unless you really do get a little shit, but anyway the point remains the parents give the children the money, they give them the designer shirts, they give them the three holidays a year - its just like with fat kids.

If you don't give it to them, they wont use it. Unless they end up stealing from you, but if you raise them properly that wouldn't happen. And very rarely you do just get little shits in which case tough luck, some kids are just like that and they always will be like it.

Plus Raphaela why should we have something to fight for? Hell there are plenty of things to fight for - climate change, greedy bankers, stupid politicions, outrageous treatment of soldiers - the list goes on. The problem isn't that we don't have something to fight for it's that no one can be bothered.

It's not that I don't have a lack of human undestanding, I just don't present it. You assume just because I post a few sentences, those few sentences are all I know. What right do you have to estimate my knowledge? I admit when I post I fail to get my point across because I'm tactless and immature, so I end up replying to post and forget to complete my thoughts.

You do the same thing to all of us. You assume, for instance that we know nothing about Christianity because we make jokes about it or pass it off as nothing more than supernatural explanations for why things happen.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline forkboy  
#49 Posted : 11 November 2009 14:34:28(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
sharinganerror wrote:

You are a kid. Of course you lack an understanding of humans. Few people of your age have anything nearing a complete understanding of humans and what makes us tick. Hell, few MY age do.
Offline Rincewind  
#50 Posted : 11 November 2009 21:11:12(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

You are a kid. Of course you lack an understanding of humans. Few people of your age have anything nearing a complete understanding of humans and what makes us tick. Hell, few MY age do.

few people ANY age do..
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Aj  
#51 Posted : 12 November 2009 03:51:18(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
sharinganerror wrote:
Aj wrote:

WILL YOU STOP BEING SO PEDANTIC.

You did this in the god thread to, because your bollocks shitty arguments don't stand up to questioning you just end up calling twats. I do that do, but at least I actually defend my argument.
Offline sharinganerror  
#52 Posted : 12 November 2009 04:15:25(UTC)
sharinganerror

TheCDs wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
Aj wrote:

You do the same thing to all of us. You assume, for instance that we know nothing about Christianity because we make jokes about it or pass it off as nothing more than supernatural explanations for why things happen.

I don't assume that you don't know anything about christianity, I assume that you don't actually read the Bible and just copy what some other "famous" atheist says somewhere down the line and act like that actually makes a point.
Offline sharinganerror  
#53 Posted : 12 November 2009 04:17:22(UTC)
sharinganerror

Aj wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
Aj wrote:

You did this in the god thread to, because your bollocks shitty arguments don't stand up to questioning you just end up calling twats. I do that do, but at least I actually defend my argument.

The god thread was arguing, it was just pathetic on both ends, stop acting like you actually defend your arguments. You just copy what gilder or forkboy says down the line, throw out some words, and pass it off as your own.
EDIT: I actually mean alot of people can actually argue, but alot of you guys just go with the flow and really don't contribute to the thread, you just lengthen it.

Edited by user 12 November 2009 04:21:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline old.gregg  
#54 Posted : 12 November 2009 05:02:45(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Get on a topic, and stop arguing, or this thread/you will be removed from serious debate.
-
Offline Aj  
#55 Posted : 12 November 2009 07:26:22(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
sharinganerror wrote:
Aj wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
Aj wrote:

The god thread was arguing, it was just pathetic on both ends, stop acting like you actually defend your arguments. You just copy what gilder or forkboy says down the line, throw out some words, and pass it off as your own.
EDIT: I actually mean alot of people can actually argue, but alot of you guys just go with the flow and really don't contribute to the thread, you just lengthen it.

Excuse me? I've NUMEROUS amounts of times argued with Forkboy, not so much Gildermershina, but I disagree with most things Forkboy says, unless they're on religion in which case I generally agree with what they say. You STILL haven't answered me, and here you are, as usual, yabbering on about things that aren't important in the debate.

This debate can't go any further because there's nothing to debate, it's just going to be another Sharinganerror vs The World thing which just ruins the point of it.
Offline forkboy  
#56 Posted : 12 November 2009 07:37:18(UTC)
forkboy

This thread needs to die. Some mod please do some euthanising.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#57 Posted : 12 November 2009 08:46:53(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
TheCDs wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
Gemma375* wrote:

I was a teen through all my years of high school, in fact everyone I know was a teen throughout all of their years of high school.

I meant to write college.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline forkboy  
#58 Posted : 12 November 2009 08:58:37(UTC)
forkboy

Mt. Epic wrote:

Yes. attendance rates. You need to do well in high school. When you were a teen.
Offline TheCDs  
#59 Posted : 12 November 2009 09:29:31(UTC)
TheCDs

Mt. Epic wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
Gemma375* wrote:

All good. I didn't know if what I view as college is considered high school in some other part of this world.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline Rincewind  
#60 Posted : 12 November 2009 21:31:11(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
i agree with cam.... this thread does need to die...
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants