logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 10 November 2009 11:00:26(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
PANIC! Brawl!: Ryan Ross Hernandez Trades Punches With Security At Concert
UserPostedImage
--. Not Even A Shower On Stage Was Able To Calm Down Hernandez

The dark outline around Ryan Ross Hernandez' eyes this week will not be guyliner. The PANIC! guitarist/occasional vocalist could very well be sporting a good old-fashioned black eye after he dove into the crowd and began throwing haymakers at a security guard at the end of the rock band's gig in Denver, Colorado on Sunday night.

Don't believe us? Fighting's for hockey, you say? Rock stars don't brawl, they rock. Well, proof is easily at hand thanks to a quick thinking and no doubt black-clad member of the audience at the Pepsi Center who got a cell phone up in time to catch the whole thing on video. One of many videos captured from different aspects by audience members.

The clip, which is now making the rounds on the internet, shows Hernandez and a member of PANIC!'s security team taking offence to the way the venue's security team was treating fans during the final song of the sold-out gig. When PANIC! invited fans on stage to dance during the show-closing outro of "A World of Magic Can't Fix Your Tragic Life," the Pepsi Center's security team were none too pleased and apparently began aggressively throwing fans off the stage.

The video shows Hernandez, bassist Nick Asher and an unidentified member of PANIC!'s own security team helping fans up to the stage. At one point, a member of the Pepsi security team begins a heated exchange with PANIC!'s guard. The discussion escalates into an argument and then a fight, as the Pepsi Center security guard shoves PANIC!'s security guard and, just like that, punches start to fly.

The brouhaha then spills into the crowd, which is when Hernandez decides to leap into the fray and throw punches of his own. After about a minute (they're an pop/rock band, after all), the brawl is broken up by two other members of the Pepsi Center's security detail and Hernandez is pulled back on stage. By then the rest of PANIC! is already off the stage.

The house lights come up but Hernandez isn't done yet. Surrounded by roadies and crew members, he grabs the microphone and screams, "That's what you get when you fuck with my friends!"

Just before the end of the video, PANIC! guitarist Josh Fallon, comes back on stage and tries to get in on the action, but is held back by members of the band's road crew.

In an email sent out to various media outlets, PANIC! spokesperson said that the band's security people were acting defensively "to protect the PANIC! fans and to defend themselves and the band."

According to spokesperson, Hernandez was "a little banged up in the melee, but he's OK."

But Hernandez didn't waste much time on defending his actions, "When I watch the video, I know what I see: I see their dude push John, our security guard... A lot of people were like, 'Oh, it was just a security guy,' but I've know John since he was 16... I'm not gonna let my friends fight alone. Nine times out of ten, that security guy would have kicked my ass because I'm not really into fighting. But you know, it was my friend." He said a couple of minutes after the incident as he was walking to the band's tour bus with a ice bag across his left eye. Bandmate Ashley Perry was walking aside him, chuckling to herself. She kept it simple when asked and said, "Ryan will always defend his friends even if it means getting physical."

However, Stan Marshall, owner of the Pepsi Center venue, insists his employee was justified in tackling the stage crasher. He says, "We have a policy at the Pepsi Center that we don't permit audience members on the performance area. It's a liability. You just can't have people running to get up on stage. Now whether or not the band was made aware of this before the show is up for debate."

The band's 2 More Miracles To Be A Saint arena tour across the United States would continue as scheduled. PANIC! are touring in support of their latest album Broken Down on Memory Lane.
UserPostedImage
Offline Gemma375*  
#2 Posted : 10 November 2009 22:44:57(UTC)
Gemma375*

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Gemma: Good on you, Ryan :) Fucking security just love ruining a good show!!
UserPostedImage
Live Youth are: ---------------------------------------------- Billy Maddison (Solo artist)
Gemma Ferns (Vocals) -- Dean Keller (Lead Guitar)
Jason Cevallos (Guitar) -- Guy Collins (Bass)
Tyler Albright (Drums) -- Levi Reiss (Keyboard)