logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Synxhard  
#1 Posted : 17 November 2009 11:29:27(UTC)
Synxhard

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
OOC: Sorry, its pretty late. Feel free to post acceptance speeches, I'll get some up in a bit.

First up, we have a stand-off between the teacher and the student. The nominees for Best Metal Band are the chart topping progressive legends The Nimrods and the up and coming thrash/metalcore stars The Wicker Man.

And the winner is...

The Nimrods!

Moving right along, its a fight between experimental rock and straight forward AC/DC-ish arena classics. The nominees for Best Rock Band are The Rocker and Quarantine.

The winner is...

Quarantine!

Now we're going on to the real hardcore stuff. In a fight to the finish for the Best Punk Band award, we have hardcore legends Failed Youth and the punk masters, The Prisoners.

The winner is...

The Prisoners!

And now we've got the Best Metal Single award. It's a toss up between thrashers Insolent Paradox's new release, 'Hell', and The Wicker Man's cover of Trivium's 'Throes Of Perdition', and someone's gonna come out on top.

Winner of Best Metal Single is...

The Wicker Man with 'Throes Of Perdition'!

It's time for Best Rock Single, and I think The Rockers are back with a vengeance. Facing off against their hit 'Break Free', is PANIC! with 'Disloyal Order Of The Ignorant'.

And it looks like the 2nd time's the charm for The Rockers! The Best Rock Single goes to...

The Rockers!

Death metal vs. Progressive Metal. Who wins? Its a full out brawl between The Nimrod's 'Chronicles of a Heretic' and Nile's Fear's 'The New Genocide Plot' for Best Metal Album.

And the award goes to...

The Nimrods!

PANIC! has yet to win an award tonight, and I'm sure Quarantine is gonna try very hard to keep this next one away from them as well. The nominees for Best Rock Album are 'Rx' by Quarantine and 'Broken Down on Memory Lane'.

And the win goes to PANIC!

Now we've got another showdown between a senior and junior band. Up for Best Punk Album are The Prisoners and Failed Youth.

Are you ready to 'Scream'?

Failed Youth!

But it's not time for Failed Youth to leave the stage just yet, cause we've got another award for them. Winners of Best Live Band...

Failed Youth!

Although Nile's Fear has been around for a few years already, it's their recent breakthrough that has garnered them this next award. Winners of Best Newcomer...

Nile's Fear!

Now The Nimrods are riding pretty high tonight, but it aint' over yet. Winners of the Icon Award...

The Nimrods!

Just a few more left! Any of the 4 previously mentioned singles is up for this next award. Winning the Best Single Award...

PANIC! with 'Disloyal Order of The Ignorant'!

Going along the same lines as the last award, we have 6 nominees for Best Album. The winner is...

Quarantine with 'Rx'

And now for the final, most prestigious award of all. Closing the first 'Mother Fuckin' Rock Awards' with the Best Band award...

It's The Prisoners!
Offline Raphaela  
#2 Posted : 17 November 2009 12:53:14(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Favorite Son and St. Jimmy headed up to receive the first award, shock was stamped on their faces.

Favorite Son: "We made it?"
St. Jimmy: "I guess so *gets award* We better run before they realize the mistake."
Favorite Son: "I only have 4 words to say: IN YOUR FACE, BILLY! *laughs*"
St. Jimmy: "Seriously though, thanks everyone that helped us on our career, specially the fans, and every person that is relevant is our lives. You'll not be forgotten!"

They return and watch the rest of the ceremony, heading back again when the last award was announced.

St. Jimmy: "Wow, just wow. Best Punk band is one thing, but Best Band?! What's wrong with you guys?!"
Favorite Son: "We never made it to the Birdies, but our time came! And I gotta tell you a secret, I like this Award Show better."
St. Jimmy: "This means the world to us. This award will be something I'll always keep with me, I'll pass it to my son when he's old enough and the cycle will continue."
Favorite Son: "Boy, at least I was part of something my daughter can approve of. Thank you, even the canadians!"

They go back, waiting to smash everything down on the afterparty.

Edited by user 17 November 2009 12:54:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Paradox  
#3 Posted : 17 November 2009 12:55:33(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Hector: Motherfucking..UGH!!!! (tantrum)
Jose: Well, we'd like to congratulate all the winners for all their... hey!.. no!.. dont touch that.. that shit is dangerous.. WAIT!!!
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#4 Posted : 17 November 2009 12:56:27(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Stephanie Fierce: I have a feeling my son will get nominated in the future.
Offline Synxhard  
#5 Posted : 17 November 2009 13:24:06(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Paradox wrote:
Hector: Motherfucking..UGH!!!! (tantrum)
Jose: Well, we'd like to congratulate all the winners for all their... hey!.. no!.. dont touch that.. that shit is dangerous.. WAIT!!!

OOC: lol what?
Offline Regan  
#6 Posted : 17 November 2009 13:31:43(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Nice awards! Thanks to all who voted for us for Best Rock Band and Best Album. Truely honored.
-Regan Futrell(Quarantine)
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline asdf  
#7 Posted : 17 November 2009 22:46:36(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Johnny Johnson: Thanks for the award, its a great honor. Congrats to Quarantine and everyone else who came out a winner as well.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline bikz  
#8 Posted : 17 November 2009 23:30:28(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Raphaela wrote:
"We never made it to the Birdies, but our time came! And I gotta tell you a secret, I like this Award Show better."

OOC : Well that was a fucking kick in the face. Next seizure I have on IMA day is for you. (I'm not kidding. I was asked this morning, "when was your last fit?" and I said, "I don't know - ooh! Birdies day! November 2nd!" - I've had fits every Birdies since I started running it.) Call me jealous or whatever, but the IMAs isn't just RP for me now, it's real life suffering, because I HAVE to get it right, no two ways about it, and it's worth knocking my head in to do so. And I can't get it right. What am I doing wrong?
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline asdf  
#9 Posted : 17 November 2009 23:39:23(UTC)
asdf

Man

bikz wrote:
Raphaela wrote:
"We never made it to the Birdies, but our time came! And I gotta tell you a secret, I like this Award Show better."

OOC : Well that was a fucking kick in the face. Next seizure I have on IMA day is for you. (I'm not kidding. I was asked this morning, "when was your last fit?" and I said, "I don't know - ooh! Birdies day! November 2nd!" - I've had fits every Birdies since I started running it.) Call me jealous or whatever, but the IMAs isn't just RP for me now, it's real life suffering, because I HAVE to get it right, no two ways about it, and it's worth knocking my head in to do so. And I can't get it right. What am I doing wrong?

This is the first time I have seen you upset...

Anyway, its nothing your doing wrong, its the gosh dang voters! They dont vote for the right people. ;)

Offline Raphaela  
#10 Posted : 17 November 2009 23:39:42(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

bikz wrote:

OOC: Bikki, it was a joke, don't worry.
I'm sorry if I offended you, but my character is sarcastic, and I meant it that way. I love the Birdies, and I don't care if I don't win anything, I never really expected to, to be honest.
Again, sorry. I know you work you arse off on it, and I don't want a seizure to be dedicated to me =/

Edited by user 17 November 2009 23:49:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own:

Offline bikz  
#11 Posted : 18 November 2009 00:02:36(UTC)
bikz

Woman

asdf wrote:

OOC : I often am, never show it, because people want to see the happy-to-help, always-friendly, not-a-problem-in-the-world mod, it's better to keep the cover up. Sorry Raph, I shouldn't have said that. The connection just came up in my head, and I don't see jokes easily. No fit dedications!

Edited by user 18 November 2009 00:03:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline asdf  
#12 Posted : 18 November 2009 00:07:35(UTC)
asdf

Man

bikz wrote:
asdf wrote:

OOC : I often am, never show it, because people want to see the happy-to-help, always-friendly, not-a-problem-in-the-world mod, it's better to keep the cover up. Sorry Raph, I shouldn't have said that. The connection just came up in my head, and I don't see jokes easily. No fit dedications!

Lol, we're all alowed to blow up every once and a while. In fact, you should. Dont want to have ulcers do ya?

Offline Raphaela  
#13 Posted : 18 November 2009 00:19:02(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

bikz wrote:

OOC: People don't get my sense of humor, I have to learn to shut my mouth.
(A lolcatz picture to make sure there are no hard feelings *clicks*)

PS: To Charlie, don't take the Billy part personally too, it was another crappy joke.
I own:

Offline Aj  
#14 Posted : 18 November 2009 03:41:35(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Billy: Fuck you, who named you Favourite Son anyway? I feel awfully sorry for your siblings.
Jack: Billy mate that was bloody awful. Anyway, yes, thank you sososo much for the awards! That's fucking awesome, Best Album AND Best Live Act - SCORE. Well hopefully this'll show those morons at Pop Jizz where they can shove their fucking review! Woo! We love you ALL!

ooc: Jeez Bikz, chill out, it was in character. Obviously we all appreciate what you do at the Birdies but if they really are that tough why do you do them? And don't worry Raphaela, tis okay.. :'(
;)
Offline bikz  
#15 Posted : 18 November 2009 04:19:22(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Aj wrote:
ooc: Jeez Bikz, chill out, it was in character. Obviously we all appreciate what you do at the Birdies but if they really are that tough why do you do them?

OOC : It's a perfectionism thing. Lewis gave me this job to do, and I have to do everything right, even if it means being so stressed out that I'm having fits, and just getting back up again as if nothing happened. I was having a bad morning, it was a snowball. It just needed one more thing to set me off.
UserPostedImage