logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Camille Brooks  
#1 Posted : 20 November 2009 04:55:38(UTC)
Camille Brooks

Groups: Registered
Woman

UserPostedImage
Camille Brooks Official Website

UserPostedImage

About me
Hi, my name is, duh, Camille. I was born in London, UK, in November 28, 1992 and I've just started my musical career. I have always liked music, and have been writing my own songs since I was 12. I can't say I adhere to any one style of music, but I like to think of my music as a mixture of indie and folk rock. My main influences right now are Damien Rice, Tristan Prettyman, Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat, though there's a lot of smaller influences thrown into the mix as well. Right now I'm touring around the city, playing at mostly small venues, trying to get my name around. I plan to release my first single sometime next month, but I can't tell you anything for sure yet.

I can play guitar, drums, harmonica, violin and piano, and most of my songs feature a mix of these instruments.

I honestly don't expect to be world famous. I just enjoy writing and playing songs and I'd like as much people as possible to heard them. I hope you enjoy my music. That's all for now, but be on the lookout for updates. See you.
The Nimrods: I lost my virginity yesterday.
Captain Insano: Well that was rather careless of you..where did you last see it?
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 20 November 2009 05:15:28(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Daniel: You are very pretty :) Love your natural look and you seem like a very talented person. looking forward to your stuff, as a newbie, I totally understand you right now!
Offline Laurelles1  
#3 Posted : 20 November 2009 05:36:33(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Aaron: This sounds cool. I've always loved folk rock and I think you're onto something here. Maybe if you're free o-
Jason: Perv. Anyway, this sounds cool, hope this goes well for you!
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Mouschi  
#4 Posted : 20 November 2009 05:41:57(UTC)
Mouschi

Woman

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Heya, music sounds promising .... welcome to the madness that is this God-forsaken industry, Miss Brooks.
-Chris, ITCYLSF & Moronic Changeling. (;

Edited by user 20 November 2009 05:44:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ooc info : debikzification
rp sites : bik.ki | dtbotb5 signups open! | official-g2l.com
kateverse rp : kateoffyourcolours 26/10 | danhellyeah 25/10
Offline old.gregg  
#5 Posted : 20 November 2009 05:47:47(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Indie and folk rock? Nice to have you!

I look forward to your debut (:

- Jakey
-
Offline Camille Brooks  
#6 Posted : 20 November 2009 06:02:22(UTC)
Camille Brooks

Woman

Wow, thanks a million for all the support. I really hope I can meet your expectations. Again, merci.
- Camille
Captain Insano: Well that was rather careless of you..where did you last see it?
Offline Camille Brooks  
#7 Posted : 20 November 2009 11:17:31(UTC)
Camille Brooks

Woman

Blog entry
Début single in the oven!

by Camille

So, I have been talking about my début single with my....uh, producer (heh, he's actually my brother, but, anyway), we have been discussing many ideas about the upcoming single and the future album. Now, don't think he's going to sway me one way or another, I have a set objective for this first single and album and I'm going to stick to it. But back to it, we already have a clear picture of what it's going to be like. I have already recorded demos of all of the songs, but you'll have to wait for the release to hear them, sorry.

It's going to be three songs, my favourite, “Wounded”, which will be the head song on the single, and two B-sides, one of them is already chosen, it's “Almost Over You”, the other one is not chosen yet, but I want to record a cover of Jason Mraz' “Details in the fabric” because I think it goes perfectly with the mood of the single.

Yes, it's sad. It conveys strong emotions and that's exactly what I was aiming for. I was actually told that it is far too depressive, but, like I said, I have a set objective for this first single and I'm sticking to it, no matter what. The guitar-only style also gives it a feeling of intimacy, of melancholy, and that's just what I was looking for. You see, my songs are kind of like an emotional release for me, and, although I'm not one of those emo kids, I do have a lot of emotional baggage to dispose of.

I will start recording the tracks on the studio next Monday, hopefully we should have the master ready in a couple of weeks and the official release by New Year's. My goal is to have it released on the 31st of December, which is a very symbolic date for me. This is it for now, see ya.
Offline Camille Brooks  
#8 Posted : 21 November 2009 04:57:39(UTC)
Camille Brooks

Woman

Blog entry
New album has a name!

by Camille

So, I have already decided on the name of my first album, it's going to be called “Trivial Pursuits”. It will be less emotional than “Wounded”, but still quite charged. As for a release date, I can't give you one yet, but expect it to come out by mid to late-January at the most. I have most of the songs written, but not recorded yet. “Wounded” will probably be on it, but that's not a promise. I realize that most artists release a preview of the album artwork about the same time they release details on the album, but I won't be doing that, since I'm still designing the artwork anyway.

It will likely be an independent pursuit, since I don't have a label as of yet. To be honest, I'm not actively looking for one, though it's always good to have the backing of a good label behind your releases, right? Well, I'm not sure I want to be bound by a contract though. You know, making music, for me, is not a job, it's more like a hobby. Proof of that is the fact that I still go to school and still plan on going to uni, even though I see myself writing songs for the rest of my life. My “manager” says that labels and contracts are a necessary evil, that you don't look serious if you don't have those. Well, I guess I'm not serious then, at least not for the time being.

As for “Wounded”, I actually went into the studio today, ahead of schedule to play some notes. I just can't wait to record, so we went out and got some studio time today. I mostly tried new ideas today, nothing like a serious recording session. We had it recorded on CD-R, but it's probably never going out to the public, though I must say I've been thinking about uploading it here for you guys to download.

This is all for now. See you.
Offline Camille Brooks  
#9 Posted : 29 November 2009 02:06:57(UTC)
Camille Brooks

Woman

Blog Entry
News
by Camille

Hi all. Short entry.
Sorry for the lack of updates this week, but I've been real busy with the recordings and all that. We finished recording the single the day before yesterday, and the production run is scheduled to start sometime next week, with the official release being on the 31st of December. You can see what the CD will look like below.
Before you ask, yes, I took that picture, and yes, thats's real blood, my own actually. I'll tell you the story behind the photo someday.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

I do have some more amazing news. My application to perform at the Midwinter Mashfest was accepted, much to my surprise. I don't have much details right now, but I'll keep you all posted.

This is it for now.
Offline Mouschi  
#10 Posted : 29 November 2009 02:29:33(UTC)
Mouschi

Woman

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 55 post(s)
That's a beautiful photo .... and if you ever want more details on Mash, just let me know. (:
-Katie Kairiri [top cat // Delta Tau Entertainment, which runs Mashfests]
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ooc info : debikzification
rp sites : bik.ki | dtbotb5 signups open! | official-g2l.com
kateverse rp : kateoffyourcolours 26/10 | danhellyeah 25/10
Offline Camille Brooks  
#11 Posted : 30 November 2009 09:00:10(UTC)
Camille Brooks

Woman

Thanks! I didn't tought it would be good at first, since I was having a huge nosebleed (that's where the blood came from, by the way) and trying not to get blood on the camera, but it came out better than I tought, luckily. As for the Mashfest, I just need to know a few things, I'll drop you a message later. Again, thanks.
- Camille