logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gemma375*  
#1 Posted : 22 November 2009 03:56:14(UTC)
Gemma375*

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Live Youth are certainly being nice to their fans as they announce their return to music.
Not only did Gemma Maddison and Dean Keller do an interview with Kerrang! magazine, announcing their return and the intention to release a new album and single, they have also released a video for all their fans who requested it.

"Hey guys!! Glad to be back! We know a lot of you have asked us to release 'Learn My Lesson', which we performed at the gig for Billy, but unfortunately we're not going to because we've done quite a few covers and we don't want covers to overtake our music. BUT because you asked so nicely, and because this song is beautiful and means so much to both Dean and I, we decided we would create a little video for it and release it here - on our official website - for you all to watch and download, if you wish to do so :-)" Gemma Maddison wrote on the band's official website.

The video seemed to have been shot independently by other members of the band on a gritty, slightly shaky camera, and Gemma stated that the entire thing was shot "in about 6 hours".

(Video description at the end)

Lyrics
Tonight the sunset means so much
The one thing that you know you'll never touch
Like the feeling, the real thing
I reach out for the sweet dream
But somehow the darkness wakes me up

I've felt this emptiness before
But all the times that I've been broken
I still run right back for me

You'd think that I'd learn my lesson by now
You'd think that I'd somehow figure out
That if you strike that match
You're bound to feel the flame
You'd think that I'd learn the cost of love
I've paid that price long enough
But still I drive myself right through the pain
yeah well it turns out I haven't learned a thing

Sometimes I think I'm better off
To turn out the lights, and close up shop
And give up the longing,
Believing in belonging
Just hold down my head and take the loss

That if you strike the match
You're bound to feel the flame
You'd think I'd learn the cost of love
Paid that price long enough
But still I drive myself right through the pain
Yeah, well it turns out I havent learned a thing
(x2)

That if you strike that match
You're bound to feel the flame (Bound to feel the flames)
You'd think I'd learn the cost of love
Paid that price long enough (Price long enough)
But still I drive myself right through the pain (But still I drive myself right through the pain)
Yeah well it turns out I havent learned a thing

The video is based on the past relationships and mistakes of both Gemma and Dean.
It begins with Gemma looking out of a window as the sun sets, singing, tears in her eyes, before cutting to multiple images of her and Dean, happy and in love (Like the feeling, the real thing, I reach out for the sweet dream) before she turns around and sees Dean, in a hospital bed, comatose (I've felt this emptiness before). It then cuts to Dean, snorting cocaine off of a surface, surrounded by groupies (but all the times that I've been broken, I still run right back for more) before there is a shot of the band playing together, in a darkened room, throughout the chorus.
The second verse begins with Gemma sitting on a bed, surrounded by pictures of Raven (Thunderwolf's late frontman) and herself, the camera swings all the way around her and as it passes behind her, the background goes dark, and it begins to rain. Gemma looks up, and is kneeling, in the mud, at Raven's grave, singing the remainder of the second verse (And give up the longing, believing in belonging, just hold down my head and take the loss).
The next chorus, and the guitar solo, is Gemma singing, leaving the graveyard, before a sequence showing Dean kissing and walking into a bedroom with a woman wearing a wedding ring, then turning up to band practice, bloodied and bruised (If you strike that match you're bound to feel the flame). Pictures then flash onto a screen of newspaper headlines of Billy's betrayal, and TV shots of Billy heading into court, (You'd think I'd learn the cost of love, paid that price long enough, but still I drive myself right through the pain) before the song ends with Gemma, sitting crossed legged in an empty room, singing straight to the camera as the song fades out, and the screen fades to black.
UserPostedImage
Live Youth are: ---------------------------------------------- Billy Maddison (Solo artist)
Gemma Ferns (Vocals) -- Dean Keller (Lead Guitar)
Jason Cevallos (Guitar) -- Guy Collins (Bass)
Tyler Albright (Drums) -- Levi Reiss (Keyboard)