logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Regan  
#1 Posted : 26 November 2009 01:26:31(UTC)
Regan

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Paul Reeves and the band have been busy lately writing and recording while on tour with The Prisoners. They had the album written since last month and are now done recording it. They recorded it in Honolulu while on break from touring with The Prisoners. It was produced by the band. Paul Reeves had this to say on why the band produced the album instead of Marcy Smith again and the albums sound:

"The reason why we decided to produce this album ourselves because we wanted to see if we could push ourselves to break down more barriers this time around without anyone helping us producing this record. Do I think we did? Yeah I really do. I might start using this way of making our CDs for now on because it took no time to go in and record everything since we had it all written before we went into the studio. The albums sound is more experimental then "Define Gravity". The album reminds me of Pilot so much. I don't know why. It sounds like The Waiting Room but we sound better. We got our act together and everything. The albums name was going to be "Basement Songs" then it was changed to "An Exchangement To Failure" but has now been named "The Gray Album" or could be titled "The Waiting Room". It's basically untitled. We wanted it that way so the fans could call the album however they like which I think is kinda cool. The first single will be "Sinking At Subzero". It will be released on December 2nd. The album will be released on December 10th. Artwork will be coming soon. Also I know we've changed our sound alot but it's only because we are trying to find ourselves. I feel on the last record we found a lot of ourselves and on this record we found out who we are fully. Yeah it's different. Theres some slow songs, some fast up beat songs, then some middle tempo songs but there are 2 acoustic songs on this record which I think are the best songs I've written of my career."

Tracklist:
The Grey Album
01. Oxygen
02. Letting Go
03. Sinking At Subzero
04. Everchanging Glasshouse
05. Two Weeks(Without A Sign Of You)
06. Song For Robert
07. Fireflies
08. ...I'll See You At Dawn
09. Hexagon
10. Travel-East

"Song For Robert" is an old demo by Fear that they never released but played it live once.

Single Tracklist:
01. Sinking At Subzero
02. The Haunted(Live & Acoustic)
03. Let Sorrow Reign

Album Artwork:
UserPostedImage

Single Artwork:
UserPostedImage

The picture in the background on the album cover is said to be from Honolulu where they stayed and recorded the album at.

Edited by user 26 November 2009 01:27:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline Regan  
#2 Posted : 27 November 2009 10:05:35(UTC)
Regan

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Paul Reeves recently revealed more on the album.

"The last album was meant to push boundaries with our sound. I feel like we accomplished that. On this record it's like we found ourselves on the last record but we're gonna take it up another step to be ahead of every one else in this. Though I've never looked at competing with other bands but I'm just tired of hearing and seeing the new stuff each and every day so it's time to end that. Electronical music is where the future is at and on the song "Fireflies" we experimented with that. I have always been a Smashing Pumpkins fan. So this song was kinda like my attempt to write my own "1979" or something off their album "Adore". If I had to choose a favorite I really like "Travel-East". It's haunting, experimental, and I think a really crafted beautiful song. I like where this band is going and even if it's just me last standing in the band I think I'm going to continue it until I feel like I'm done with music. Which I don't think is anytime soon. On this album you hear a band who got their shit together and wrote some badass tunes. I really hope people like it!"

The band recently shot a video for the songs "Sinking At Subzero" and "Two Weeks(Without A Sign Of You)" together.
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18