logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 30 November 2009 14:36:28(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Somebody's Gonna Miss Us Tour

The Somebody's Gonna Miss Us Tour, is what the band is calling their "final tour, before going on a break," although many fans are speculating that PANIC! will not return after the hiatus due to many, continuing, unresolved internal problems in the band.

Tour by PANIC!
Start date: December 8, 2009
End date: January 16, 2010
Legs: 2
Shows: 7 in United Kingdom / 16 in United States

Background

On November 13, 2009, PANIC! announced plans on going on an extended break:

PANIC!, November 13, 2009 wrote:

Imagine getting your first job when you were 16 years old and doing that exact same job for the rest of your life. Even if it’s the dream job that most people would kill for, eventually you need to stop for a minute, not see your best friends for a while and see what else is out there. We were all so young when we started that we couldn't venture off into unvisited territories.

This is one of the most difficult decisions we’ve had to make but after nearly five years of nonstop touring and recording PANIC! will be taking a break after a few off-date shows this January in the United States. This break does NOT mean the band is breaking up or going on hiatus it just means were going to stop for a little while and focus on other things in our lives besides PANIC!. This break may last a year, two years or a few months, as of right now we don’t know. We’re talking to some friends about doing a quick tour to South America as well as options to tour Europe, Japan and Australia again and we're not ruling them out. We just aren’t going to be doing any full time touring or recording as PANIC! for a while.

We’ve had our ups and downs over the years and every time we thought we had the right team something would happen that would change the whole aspect of the band, or our label would start whining at us about doing a tour or record a new album when we weren't ready to. Every since we started there were people who loved us and would do anything for us and others (that every member has brought one into our atmosphere at one time or another) that just didn’t give a shit about our band and after going through this for such a long time we need to take a step back and figure out what’s next for PANIC!.

Before we go we have one last tour to say goodbye to everyone and we’re working with our label Midnight/Mythic Records to make this best tour ever. We will do our best to play as many songs off all four of our albums on tour.

This is not an end but a new beginning, to celebrate this new beginning we have a some exciting news to share with everyone. Sometime this spring or early summer we plan to release a Greatest Hits/documentary, that will chronicle the last five years of our lives as PANIC!. We have tons of video to find and dig through and interviews to do with everyone to properly document that part of our lives but we think we can have it ready by the summer. Plus there is still a few singles to be released off our latest record "Broken Down on Memory Lane" so look out for accompanying videos for those whenever they are released to radio stations.

Everyone in the band will still be busy so you won’t be able to get rid of us that easily.

Ryan just finished recording his second and third studio albums as a soloist, set for release on December 28, 2009 and Spring 2010, respectively and a tour will be announced soon. Rumor has it that he might be starting a duet side-project with fellow PANIC! bandmate Ashley Perry in 2010.

Ashley will begin her highly-anticipated solo career in 2010. She will be recording early next year for her full-length debut album hoping for a mid-2010 release date, with a tour following soon after. As stated above she might be starting a duet project with Ryan Ross Hernandez next year.

Gabriel has been working on a new pop-punk project with some hometown friends, called Breaking Dawn at Sunset, and just happened to release their debut album a couple weeks ago. They will have their first headlining small venue tour run from January to March of next year all across the US and Canada. Please show your love and support and check it out. They have some more big plans in the works and plan on announcing them as soon as they can.

Nick, Josh, and Joey will be starting a company that we will tell you all about once all the I’s are dotted and the T’s are crossed. Of course Nick has a band that he will be jamming with as well and when we have more to report on that we’ll let you know. Most importantly Nick will be going back to his hometown of Oklahoma City to make up for some lost time with family and old friends. As well the Fallon brothers are going to be starting a little side-project in their basement back in Tennessee and will also take some time off to reconnect with family.

Announcements like this are so hard for everyone, especially the band, and we want to make sure we didn’t leave out any information, so if anyone has any questions for us please send them over and we will try our best to answer them as soon as possible and as best we can.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us over the last five years and see you all at the SnowStorm festival and Midwinter Mashfest MMVI next month and on the couple of dates in the US this January. Tickets for both festivals are available now and for our short goodbye tour, dates will be announced this weekend and tickets should be available soon after.

PANIC! will be back!

--.` Ashley Perry, Ryan Ross Hernandez, Gabriel Hunter, Nick Asher, Josh and Joey Fallon

On November 23, 2009, the band announced on their official website plans of a tour. They stated,

"As most of you saw from our little press release earlier, we have decided to go on a short tour to mark the end of this chapter for PANIC!, before we take our break. We are working on tour dates now and can't wait to get out there and play for all of you! We'll announce tour dates soon so be sure to check back for updates. Please, don't take this as a 'Goodbye' tour, because we aren't breaking up, like we said before we just need a break."

The tour was officially announced on November 26, 2009 by MTV News.

It was also revealed that the group will give away their entire music catalog (in digital format) to spectators who purchased high tenure tickets. This tour should not be considered their final tour because it is stated by PANIC! that it is not their final tour because the band isn't breaking up.

Opening acts

To be announced (OOC: To be an openning act, PM me.)

Setlist

To be announced (OOC: Will be up after first show.)

Tour dates

United Kingdom Leg:

December 8
Glasgow, United Kingdom, S.E.C.C. [SOLD OUT]

December 9
Birmingham, United Kingdom, Birmingham NIA [SOLD OUT]

December 10
Cardiff, United Kingdom, International Arena [SOLD OUT]

December 11
Manchester, United Kingdom, MEN [SOLD OUT]

December 13
Brighton, United Kingdom, Brighton Centre [SOLD OUT]

December 17
London, United Kingdom, Wembley Arena [SOLD OUT]

December 20
London, United Kingdom, The O2 [SOLD OUT]

United States Leg:

December 22 & 23
Los Angeles, California, Staples Center [SOLD OUT]

December 27
Las Vegas, Nevada, MGM Grand Garden Arena [SOLD OUT]

December 29
Boston, Massachusetts, TD Banknorth Garden [SOLD OUT]

December 30
New York City, New York, Madison Square Garden [SOLD OUT]

January 2
Miami, Florida, American Airlines Arena [SOLD OUT]

January 3
Atlanta, Georgia, Philips Arena [SOLD OUT]

January 5
New Orleans, Louisiana, New Orleans Arena [SOLD OUT]

January 6
Houston, Texas, Toyota Center [SOLD OUT]

January 8
Auburn Hills, Michigan, The Palace of Auburn Hills [SOLD OUT]

January 9
Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S. Bank Arena [SOLD OUT]

January 11
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Wachovia Center [SOLD OUT]

January 12
Chicago, Illinois, United Center [SOLD OUT]

January 14
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Ford Center [SOLD OUT]

January 15
Memphis, Tennessee, FedExForum [SOLD OUT]

January 16
Nashville, Tennessee, Sommet Center [SOLD OUT]

Box office score data

To be determined

Personnel

PANIC!

Ashley Perry - lead vocals
Ryan Ross Hernandez - lead guitar, backing vocals; lead vocals on select performances
Gabriel Hunter - rhythm guitar, backing vocals; keyboard on select performances
Josh Fallon - third guitar, backing vocals
Nick Asher - bass guitar
Joey Fallon - drums, percussion

Edited by user 08 December 2009 14:21:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Marksy  
#2 Posted : 01 December 2009 06:29:44(UTC)
Marksy

Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Kieran: I'm so glad i got my tickets for The 02 . They sold out so freaking quick, i was pretty suprised i got such good seats!
Offline TheCDs  
#3 Posted : 01 December 2009 08:03:54(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OOC: If you were curious, the LA Lakers have a home game (Staples Center) against the Thunder on the 22nd at 10:30 PM. I actually have tickets, going with my uncle for my Christmas present.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#4 Posted : 01 December 2009 09:53:56(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Stephanie Fierce: You guys definitely deserve a break, you've been working hard this year and I totally understand. Good luck!
Offline PANIC!  
#5 Posted : 01 December 2009 12:32:34(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

"Well, we can't be more honored to have sold out, the two biggest venues in the UK, in such a short span of time. It's good to see that people are excited to see us, sort-of end this chapter for PANIC!. I'm sure this isn't the end for this band. We are just gonna rest for a couple of months, then try to resolve some issues going on inside the band and hopefully we'll be back in early-2011."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.

(OOC: @TheCDs Yeah, I already knew that being a Lakers fan myself. Really for roleplaying matters it doesn't really matter to me at least.
UserPostedImage
Offline Regan  
#6 Posted : 01 December 2009 13:47:13(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
It's gonna suck not having PANIC! around but I totally understand. Casting Thin Shadows was going through the same shit but now because of a little arguement between Regan and John Smith the bands over for good it seems. I'm going to try my best to come to one of the U.S. shows you best believe it!
-Alan Kidd(Quarantine/Casting Thin Shadows)
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline PANIC!  
#7 Posted : 01 December 2009 14:03:53(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Regan wrote:
It's gonna suck not having PANIC! around but I totally understand. Casting Thin Shadows was going through the same shit but now because of a little arguement between Regan and John Smith the bands over for good it seems. I'm going to try my best to come to one of the U.S. shows you best believe it!
-Alan Kidd(Quarantine/Casting Thin Shadows)

"Awesome, man. If you do, just hit me up and I'll hook you up with some backstage passes. As for the internal problems within PANIC!, there isn't one that I could point the finger at, since there's many. Everyone in the band including myself have fucked up in someway or another, that has affected the band. Hopefully it doesn't get as bad as what happen with Casting Thin Shadows because I don't think I could see us, at such a young age both as humans and as a band, disbanding this band that somewhere inside we still have that chemistry we once had."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.
UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#8 Posted : 01 December 2009 20:17:36(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
PANIC! wrote:
(OOC: @TheCDs Yeah, I already knew that being a Lakers fan myself. Really for roleplaying matters it doesn't really matter to me at least.

OOC: It has been weird this year, they went from a great offensive team with solid defense (last year) to a fantastic defensive team with a mediocre to middling offense, makes me wonder how much Artest had to do with that.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline PANIC!  
#9 Posted : 08 December 2009 14:25:32(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Set List

Set One: Definition of Selling Out (Songs off We Are the Directors of This Dramatic Love Story & Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner)

1. So, Boycott Love
2. The (Diamond) Certified Couple
3. Fake Our Smiles, Baby, Half-Dead
4. Do Your Part to Save the Scene and Stop Going to Shows
5. The Sounds of This Small Town Make My Ears Hurt
6. Nobody Wants to Hear You Sing About Tragedy
7. I Liked You a Lot Better Before You Became a Fucking MySpace Whore
8. A Little 'Oral-ness' and You're Headed for Impeachment (Acoustic Band version)
9. Your Either An Underdog or Overrated That's About It. (The Selling Out Rule)
10. The Darkest Days Are Ahead of Us

Set Two: As Classic As It Can Get (Songs off Broken Down on Memory Lane and I Rather Die Than Have Another Broken Heart!)

11. Untitled Broken Down on Memory Lane Tour Intro
12. Disloyal Order of The Ignorant
13. Falling Down Is How the Young Learn to Regain Themselves
14. Too Careful
15. A Song For Betty (In the Name of Love & Hate)
16. Turn It Off (When Praying Doesn't Always Help)
17. Things Are Looking Up
18. There's Only One Exception When It Comes to Love (Acoustic Duet w/ Ashley Perry & Ryan Ross Hernandez)
19. Writing in Stone Across a Personal Map
20. Let My Heart Beat

Set Three: Encore

21. Misguided Hearts (Acoustic Band version)
22. The Only Way I Know How To Feel (Acoustic Band version)
23. Somebody's Gonna Miss Us (When No One Is Here to Sing These Songs) [New Song]
24. Reprise Melody
25. A World of Magic Can't Fix Your Tragic Life

(note; subject to change)

Stage Design

The band hasn't given much details about the stage design. The only hint given was from Ashley Perry, when she said in an interview that it will be "very simple, nothing too glamorous. We are just not that type of band. A music concert is about the music, we really don't care about anything else, as long as the fans and us are having a good time that's all that matters. Don't expect us to have this million dollar stage design. Like I said before it's very simple, I might even say sophisticated design. But, by all means it's a PANIC! show, that's never going to change."

(OOC: Supporting acts, along with the tour blog, will be announced/up tomorrow. Too busy at the moment to bust out one of those long ass show rp's I use to put up, so I've just decided to post a blog and give a little inside on each show on the dates of it.)

Edited by user 08 December 2009 14:26:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline bdylan88  
#10 Posted : 09 December 2009 01:25:56(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
PANIC! is a band that will go down in history as one of the top RSG bands, hopefully they can pull together and stay together!
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS