logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Regan  
#1 Posted : 10 December 2009 05:21:44(UTC)
Regan

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
In a press statement from Quarantine on whats to come for their future the band had this to say. Alan did the talking for the band:

Quote:
First off we would like to thank each and every individual who came out to our shows we've done in support of Rx. Making this album was a bit risky but we pulled it off very well we think. Also we want to thank everyone who is supporting us and who bought or listened to Rx. Well for the future. Hmm. We were gonna wait until we were done recording but we are so anxious to just get the word out. We plan on to record two seperate albums this time. The first one to be released will be called Amneisa and the second album is to be titled The Catalyst. The first side Amneisa is to have a similar sound to "Rx" but some songs are more fast paced and are above Rx in our opinion. The Catalyst is to be a heavy rock side mixed with our sound from Amneisa sort of. Just look at it is as Amneisa to have an experimental electronical sound while The Catalyst will have a progressive rock feel with it. The albums are to be out early next year. We're so stoked for it. After we do this album and a world tour we all plan to do other things. First off Regan will record and tour for a new solo album. Vincent will release bunker18s first album and tour as well. Austin will be touring with Vincent. I will be doing drums for Alex Sins new project called Exile. After we're all done with that we'll come together for a fith album which I have no idea where we will be going with it. It's going to be crazy.

Quarantine have been playing two new songs called "Pandora Box" and "Walking Through Walls" on their tour lately. They plan to play new songs soon. Album is said to be produced by Jakey Comatose who produced the bands last album "Rx".

Edited by user 10 December 2009 06:01:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline Regan  
#2 Posted : 11 December 2009 14:28:55(UTC)
Regan

Man

The band recently announced that the first side of the album is done. The band are now working on the second side. They have been using soundcheck to write their songs and the band have their own studio tour bus they bring along on road. The band are so happy with it they already have announced a January 12th release date for the first side of the record. The first single is to be "Minus".

Tracklist:
Amnesia
01. Disappearer
02. Jigsaw/Losing My Mind
03. Minus
04. Cable-Car
05. Snuff Film
06. Pandora Box
07. Walking Through Walls
08. Amnesia
09. House Of Cards
10. Unravel

"Amneisa" marks as the bands third studio album effort. It is to be followed by another record titled "The Catalyst". Both albums will serve as Quarantines third album effort. "Amneisa" is suppose to find the band experimenting with ambient, electronical, and experimental rock on the album. "The Catalyst" shows the band experimenting with progressive rock and experimental rock. The band are anxious to tour for the albums and the album was produced by Jakey Comatose. The second half should be done shortly.

Edited by user 11 December 2009 14:35:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thecerebral_collection:
Offline Regan  
#3 Posted : 15 December 2009 06:35:56(UTC)
Regan

Man

Regan talks on "Amneisa".

"So when we came into the writing process for this album and I had the money to afford two separate tour bus'. One for touring, and the other for recording we decided we were going to write this album based on everything we see while we're on tour. It ended up as we're gonna make two separate records. "Amneisa" drives a whole different sound then "The Catalyst". You can't compare them. But I was influence by Radiohead's "Kid A" so much that "Amneisa" is kinda our attempt at making a record like that. We weren't trying to copy or rip them off we were just so influenced by the album, and by how the whole world is acting right now. The album is us exploring more of techno but at the same time keeping our rock sound. We did it on the last album so I think we can do it on these two. Why so early on recording a new album? Why not? We had to take a long break after we released the "Salvation: The Trilogy E.P.s" due to Alan and I going to work with Casting Thin Shadows. So I figured since "Rx" has already calmed down that we should go ahead and make a move onto the next record. But after we're done with this and touring we're gonna focus on something else other then Quarantine. Like for example I'm going to record a new solo album, Vincent will be able to finish his album and tour, Alan can do whatever he needs to do during the time off, as well as Austin. We have like the greatest chemistry as a band. No argues, we all get along, we love the way the band sounds, and we love our fans to death. Working with Jakey Comatose is also a plus. He's been a very good friend for the longest time now and he helped produced "Rx" so having him as full producer of "Amneisa"/"The Catalyst" is awesome."

Regan also announced to be on the look out for the single tracklisting to "Minus" and the album artwork for "Amneisa".
thecerebral_collection: