logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The Nimrods  
#1 Posted : 12 December 2009 12:14:59(UTC)
The Nimrods

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Interviewer:Hi I'm John here with The Nimrods, how are you guys?

Jimmy:We're good thanks.

I: You guys have just received critical acclaim once again for your new single "Bleed the Truth". I've noticed it's much heavier than the other music you guys have written, but it's also very progressive, kind of like mixing Meshuggah and Death almost, however you guys still have lots of acoustics and clean vocals.Is there a reason for this new direction?

Davey:We wanted to get heavier and we wanted to be mature about it so we came out with this.It was much heavier than originally intended but I like it, I get to play lots of awesome bass lines.

Kit:Basically we just got really serious about the music and wanted it more aggressive but it's very technical and uses some cool techniques like mixing modes and stuff.

I: I've also noticed a lot of different influences on the music.Jimmy's solos are longer though there are usually only 1 or 2 and they have a classical/jazz fusion sort of vibe to them.

J:Yeah that was the point *laugh*. I was trying to do something people thought I wouldn't, I guess I have fun showing people "Hey I can do this too" just to get them wound up.I've always had a big classical and jazz influence though, my dad played in a jazz band and so did Davey's so that's always been a part of us.

I:What mainly impressed me and everyone else was Kit's drumming.I've never seen such skill, within the song Kit uses at least 15 different double bass patterns under virtually the same snare and cymbal pattern.So many triplets and quads and flams, quite amazing.Then there's the fastest feet in death metal doing some intense triplets sounding like Gene Hoglan and George Kollias. How do you come up with this?

K:I just gave it my all ya know? I basically played snare rudiments on the bass drum just to see what would happen and it ended up being my best playing.I really wanted to be able to do something no other drummer would be able to do.I did a lot of funny ride patterns too, I guess I would've been trying to emulate Inferno from Behemoth and frost from Satyricon for that.

I:What are you guys plans for this new direction?

D:Get an album done, tour with some buddies maybe, we're taking it pretty easy, we might retire soon, we've made lots of money and toured virtually everywhere.But we've still got a few albums that should be made so don't worry haha.

I:Alright that's good that you aren't ending it too soon.What do you guys think of the music scene?

J:Don't get me started!There are a lot of decent bands but they're getting overshadowed by tons of pop singers.There are some decent bands out their that are just giving up but we're really liking the production on everyone's stuff these days, really good work going on there.

I:What will your fan base think of this direction change?

J:We change genre a lot so they shouldn't care too much,we have really loyal fans.

[b]I:[b]That's all our time, thanks guys.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 13 December 2009 02:32:56(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Nick : Must admit, 'im's got talent, but I copied Kit's exact drum patterrrns. No uvver drummerrr could do that mearrrrrse! Tape's in the post fer proof, Nimmos!
Sophy-Cat : I must agree with you on the music scene, it needs to be less dominated by pop, and more ....
Nick : *throws Sophy into a closet* Wha' tha' girrrl in the closet said, pretty much. METAWWWL FOREVERRRRR! YARR!
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Gorloche  
#3 Posted : 13 December 2009 21:10:54(UTC)
Gorloche

It's seeing things like this that make me feel like we should come out of hiatus and put together a new album. Or put out some of our unreleased studio material. Working with you guys was a great experience (what was it, five albums ago now?). I am excited to hear how the new stuff turns out. You guys have just been phenomenal to me since you completely dropped the metalcore sound for something solidly progressive. And I applaud you for not just copying Dream Theater, which is an easy but lazy tactic. You still need to come out of the shadow of your Tool, Meshuggah, and Opeth influence, but that will come in time. I imagine that within three albums or so, you will have completely forged your own voice. And I expect a masterpiece will come just after that, like we had with Reflections. You guys still have a good bit to go, you know.

- Daniel
Offline The Nimrods  
#4 Posted : 14 December 2009 04:45:45(UTC)
The Nimrods

Gorloche wrote:
It's seeing things like this that make me feel like we should come out of hiatus and put together a new album. Or put out some of our unreleased studio material. Working with you guys was a great experience (what was it, five albums ago now?). I am excited to hear how the new stuff turns out. You guys have just been phenomenal to me since you completely dropped the metalcore sound for something solidly progressive. And I applaud you for not just copying Dream Theater, which is an easy but lazy tactic. You still need to come out of the shadow of your Tool, Meshuggah, and Opeth influence, but that will come in time. I imagine that within three albums or so, you will have completely forged your own voice. And I expect a masterpiece will come just after that, like we had with Reflections. You guys still have a good bit to go, you know.

- Daniel

Jimmy:We don't really sound like Toll anymore, with the exception of some of Kit's drumming, we pretty much replaced them with death, mainly Hoglan, DiGiorgio, and Schuldiner.
Davey:We've also gotten less,Opeth-y if that's a word.I mean my bass and Jimmy vocals are heavily influenced by them but they aren't really heavy enough to emulate for us, they're still probably my favorite band especially when it comes to the acoustic parts, but riff wise we're turning to a more rhythmic approach to death metal, more dissonant.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline TheCDs  
#5 Posted : 14 December 2009 04:48:23(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Gorloche wrote:

- Daniel

Tim Dunn: You should come out of hiatus, we need some new Sudan material or Theosophical Society stuff.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline Laurelles1  
#6 Posted : 14 December 2009 05:45:43(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason - Dude this is gonna be awesome. The Nimrods are a big influence on Minds heavier stuff. If you ever need a support act, y'know...
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#7 Posted : 14 December 2009 05:49:33(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Laurelles1 wrote:
Jason - Dude this is gonna be awesome. The Nimrods are a big influence on Minds heavier stuff. If you ever need a support act, y'know...

Stephanie Fierce: I'm lucky enough to say I've met them :P I don't think they like me though. Cough Cough, collaboration never accepted :(
Offline The Nimrods  
#8 Posted : 14 December 2009 05:57:45(UTC)
The Nimrods

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Laurelles1 wrote:

Stephanie Fierce: I'm lucky enough to say I've met them :P I don't think they like me though. Cough Cough, collaboration never accepted :(

Jimmy:Look I was on preludin I forgot, we think you're cool though, Kit wants to nail you.I love to play a guitar solo on one of your songs.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline Aj  
#9 Posted : 14 December 2009 06:20:22(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
The Nimrods wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Laurelles1 wrote:

Jimmy:Look I was on preludin I forgot, we think you're cool though, Kit wants to nail you.I love to play a guitar solo on one of your songs.

If you guys record a song with Stephanie Fierce the fabric of the universe will fall apart.

Liam
Offline The Nimrods  
#10 Posted : 14 December 2009 06:26:35(UTC)
The Nimrods

Aj wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Laurelles1 wrote:

If you guys record a song with Stephanie Fierce the fabric of the universe will fall apart.

Liam

Jimmy:Well then we'll write a song about that too haha.I mean I guess it would make us look like sellouts, but I mean she's a friend and it would take me like 20 minutes to do, she could send me a track and I'd play the solo and send it back to her, takes an hour at the most o get the email, record, and resend.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

#11 Posted : 14 December 2009 11:06:29(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

The Nimrods wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Laurelles1 wrote:

Stephanie Fierce: Lol, that's cool though, I really need a heavy guitar solo for my upcoming project. Johnny (From The Rockers) is tired of making them for me. And I think you guys will make a good refresher. I will definitely be contacting you guys in a month or two.
#12 Posted : 14 December 2009 11:39:59(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Aj wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Laurelles1 wrote:

Liam

Stephanie Fierce: Making music in my perspective is about having fun and I feel like I can improve my music by working with the best and there is nothing wrong with improvement. Just look at Failed Youth (the band you seem to love so much), they collaborated with Hannah Beth (which by them doing that their sales went up the roof). Are they sell outs? No. Maybe they did it for fun, and on the long run it boosted their sales. The same applies to here. You're a rat and I will never respect what you say.
Offline The Nimrods  
#13 Posted : 14 December 2009 11:46:37(UTC)
The Nimrods

Jimmy:I think it would be fun, I might have time to fly to New York from Cali if not just email me the track and I'll work on it at home.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

#14 Posted : 14 December 2009 11:48:47(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

The Nimrods wrote:
Jimmy:I think it would be fun, I might have time to fly to New York from Cali if not just email me the track and I'll work on it at home.

Stephanie Fierce: Awesome man thanks!
Offline tension101  
#15 Posted : 14 December 2009 12:00:32(UTC)
tension101

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Working with you guys in the studio was a blast. We totally need to tour with you, it would be amazing.
~Kobra Knight
(Guitars//Shadows of the Knight)
Too much leather chair is unsightly and greatly increases your risk of leather-smell.
Offline The Nimrods  
#16 Posted : 14 December 2009 12:08:11(UTC)
The Nimrods

tension101 wrote:
Working with you guys in the studio was a blast. We totally need to tour with you, it would be amazing.
~Kobra Knight

Kit:If you don't mind being drunk everyday that's not a problem.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline tension101  
#17 Posted : 14 December 2009 12:11:26(UTC)
tension101

Man

The Nimrods wrote:
tension101 wrote:
~Kobra Knight

Kobra: Depends, will you have jager?
Too much leather chair is unsightly and greatly increases your risk of leather-smell.
Offline The Nimrods  
#18 Posted : 14 December 2009 12:17:44(UTC)
The Nimrods

tension101 wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
tension101 wrote:
~Kobra Knight

Jimmy: The question is more of what we don't have, but we have a no hard drugs policy, if you bring anything besides pot or alcohol you're all going home, we're trying to stay clean, also don't perform drunk if you're gonna open for us we want you at your best, you can get drunk after and in the morning haha.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline tension101  
#19 Posted : 14 December 2009 12:24:22(UTC)
tension101

Man

The Nimrods wrote:
tension101 wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
tension101 wrote:
~Kobra Knight

Jimmy: The question is more of what we don't have, but we have a no hard drugs policy, if you bring anything besides pot or alcohol you're all going home, we're trying to stay clean, also don't perform drunk if you're gonna open for us we want you at your best, you can get drunk after and in the morning haha.

Kobra: we drink after shows strictly, and we dont do anything more than Acid, but we'll keep it semi-clean and not bring any. *crosses fingers* Hah, just kidding.
Offline The Nimrods  
#20 Posted : 14 December 2009 12:28:31(UTC)
The Nimrods

tension101 wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
tension101 wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
tension101 wrote:
~Kobra Knight

Kobra: we drink after shows strictly, and we dont do anything more than Acid, but we'll keep it semi-clean and not bring any. *crosses fingers* Hah, just kidding.

Jimmy:Acid's ok too but I'm serious about anything else.Also we're gonna have to jam so I can show you a thing or two other than your little fast scale runs

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote: