logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#21 Posted : 13 December 2009 07:49:30(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
bikz wrote:
Kate : Jealous? Of you? HA! Don't be a retard, if that's possible. But if your fans really enjoyed your music and yourself, why would it matter to them whether you succeed or not? I outright said from the start, "I don't want fans who give a fuck about chart positions or sales or ratings - I want fans who give a fuck about MY MUSIC and most of all, ME!" Have you ever felt like that, Fiercey? That chart positions DO NOT MATTER? Obviously not, because the first thing you jumped to protect was your livelihood, your precious chart, and as I'm a retired musician, not releasing anything right now, it's not going to matter to me.
Imagine, for a moment, that there are no charts. There are no sales counters. There are no song ratings. Nothing like that, just people and music. We'd all get paid the same amount. Would you still enjoy making music then? Is it the music making you enjoy, or the prize, the trophy, the money and the chart-topper?
Oh, and why would I be jealous of someone who goes on about "sneak peeks", but can't even spell "peek"?

Stephanie Fierce: Are you having trouble comprehending what I'm saying or are you just plain stupid? Yeah both. My fans enjoy my music whether it flops or not. But they like to see me succeed and be on top. And that is normal. And I'm not an asshole like you who discriminates his fans. If you are a REAL fan of my music, its because you like my music otherwise you are not a fan in the first place. And if you are fan of my success which is a total different thing, than so be it. I personally do not care or respect what you think because I feel like you have yet provided constructive criticism. All you're saying is hate, hate, hate about me and you don't even know me. The only person you know is the artist side of me. And its sad that you're what they call a "retired musician" and you seem to fail to know that.

I fucking enjoy music, and a stupid little charts wont stop me from making it or liking it. I don't care what your or anyone has to say. Hard work pays off and that's why I have the things I have because I worked hard for them. It is nice to get a trophy, it is nice to get money, it is nice to see yourself #1 once in a while But, it is not the reason why I make music, my fans are, PERIOD. So go fu*ck yourself. Because haters like you don't go anywhere in life.

OOC: I'm just having fun RP, I know for a fact Bikz is too. The fact there is a game involved with the RP is what makes this whole thing tricky.

Edited by user 14 December 2009 02:50:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline TheCDs  
#22 Posted : 13 December 2009 08:07:59(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Mike Peck: Tim and I don't make music for anyone but ourselves. Don't get me wrong it is fantastic that we have fans who support us and allow us to make a living as musicians but at the end of the day the music is for us. We write and record to hear our ideas fully realized. I would never trade chart success or financial success for that. If the only people who ever wanted to hear my music were my family and friends I would be just as happy as when millions of people I don't know listen to my stuff.

As far as the pop-bashing while we haven't done any it is easy to see why it is there. With all these diva pop stars running around and being plastered all over everything it is easy to assume the music is being lost. If you want respect as a musician don't cite chart numbers or your popularity, use your music. If you have created something special, something magical, then you will receive more respect from your fellow musicians than if you run around shouting about your superior chart performance or sales numbers.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline Paradox  
#23 Posted : 13 December 2009 08:08:01(UTC)
Paradox

Man

bikz wrote:
Paradox wrote:
OOC: That's actually a pretty good question

OOC : I think - weird as it sounds - that the game gets in the way of good roleplaying. Discounting "bad Steph" (Steph knows the stuff I mean and that he is forgiven for that), RP was far better on TRSG before the game returned, in my opinion. I don't think that the game and roleplay fit together. (This may just be, for example, because it's scratchy saying that I released 11 albums when I've actually not even released a single under the Moronic Changeling name, and if I'd scrapped all my previous bands - or worked my arse off from the beginning in the game - it would be better, but for me, it doesn't work at all.) This is why I like forum-based roleplay better, because you can make up your own strengths/weaknesses, successes/failures, etc. rather than having them handed to you on a plate, and there's more focus on music and personality, not success alone.

OOC: Actually I was talking about a pretty good question to ask to real bands and artists but you have a good point too
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
#24 Posted : 13 December 2009 08:36:22(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

TheCDs wrote:
Mike Peck: Tim and I don't make music for anyone but ourselves. Don't get me wrong it is fantastic that we have fans who support us and allow us to make a living as musicians but at the end of the day the music is for us. We write and record to hear our ideas fully realized. I would never trade chart success or financial success for that. If the only people who ever wanted to hear my music were my family and friends I would be just as happy as when millions of people I don't know listen to my stuff.

As far as the pop-bashing while we haven't done any it is easy to see why it is there. With all these diva pop stars running around and being plastered all over everything it is easy to assume the music is being lost. If you want respect as a musician don't cite chart numbers or your popularity, use your music. If you have created something special, something magical, then you will receive more respect from your fellow musicians than if you run around shouting about your superior chart performance or sales numbers.

Stephanie Fierce: Um if that is directed to me

That's not how it works when you are signed to a mayor record label. I write and record my music, but I make sure it is enjoyable to my fans as well. I don't just think about me I think about them too. They are the ones who buy my music in the first place.

And the last part. Pop "divas"? Running around? I work my ass off to get to where I am, if someone wants to give a trophy for it, hell yeah I'll show it off.

Time Machine World Tour Full Length Show
Click Here

Love Feels Like Grenades (Song)
Click Here

Free The Innocent Concert
Click Here

19th IMA's Performance
Click Here

And those are just a few.

Edited by user 13 December 2009 08:38:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline TheCDs  
#25 Posted : 13 December 2009 08:59:35(UTC)
TheCDs

stephaniewazhere wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

That's not how it works when you are signed to a mayor record label. I write and record my music, but I make sure it is enjoyable to my fans as well. I don't just think about me I think about them too. They are the ones who buy my music in the first place.

And the last part. Pop "divas"? Running around? I work my ass off to get to where I am, if someone wants to give a trophy for it, hell yeah I'll show it off.

Click Here

Click Here

Click Here

19th IMA's Performance
Click Here

Mike Peck: Well maybe the major label is distracting you from the music. We aren't on a major label, although we have looked for a label to help handle some of the costs and business associated with recording and distribution, so we can't really fully understand how it works. I do know that if there was ever something that had me thinking about something other than the music I would probably have to review the whole situation and make sure I am still in it for the right reasons.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline Aj  
#26 Posted : 13 December 2009 09:16:28(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
There's no point taking shit from a woman who can't even spell her own name correctly...

Liam
Offline GirlSpice  
#27 Posted : 13 December 2009 09:23:06(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Sexy Star: All I know is that I'm hot and that my new single is out on Monday and Steph is on it! That's all really, you all have fun.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
#28 Posted : 13 December 2009 09:24:20(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

TheCDs wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

Click Here

Click Here

Click Here

19th IMA's Performance
Click Here

Mike Peck: Well maybe the major label is distracting you from the music. We aren't on a major label, although we have looked for a label to help handle some of the costs and business associated with recording and distribution, so we can't really fully understand how it works. I do know that if there was ever something that had me thinking about something other than the music I would probably have to review the whole situation and make sure I am still in it for the right reasons.

Stephanie Fierce: I'm very aware of the fact that the label does not have control of what content I choose for my music. Otherwise I would of never signed the contract. I write and I'm involved with most of the production phase in making my music. I have brought many new things to music.
Being signed to a mayor label is a big deal. As I promised to my label I work on making both me and them look good business wise.
And promotion is what really makes me a Pop artist, otherwise I wouldn't be considered one. Not all, not some ,but many bands don't promote basically because they are lazy and they try to use the excuse that they don't want to sell out. Yes they hate it when they see Pop stars on magazine and blogs. And this is referring to those that are whining.

Anyway I was once young and dreamed of being a famous music artist. And that dream came a reality. My goal has always been to stay true to myself, to my music, to my fans and to express what I feel at the moment. If I'm awarded for it then so be it.

But when someone comes around and says I didn't work hard to get where I am, they will be called out for it, because I know for a fact it wasn't easy to get to where I am.

Offline TheCDs  
#29 Posted : 13 December 2009 09:29:36(UTC)
TheCDs

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Stephanie Fierce: I'm very aware of the fact that the label does not have control of what content I choose for my music. Otherwise I would of never signed the contract. I write and I'm involved with most of the production phase in making my music. I have brought many new things to music.
Being signed to a mayor label is a big deal. As I promised to my label I work on making both me and them look good business wise.
And promotion is what really makes me a Pop artist, otherwise I wouldn't be considered one. Not all, not some ,but many bands don't promote basically because they are lazy and they try to use the excuse that they don't want to sell out. Yes they hate it when they see Pop stars on magazine and blogs. And this is referring to those that are whining.

Anyway I was once young and dreamed of being a famous music artist. And that dream came a reality. My goal has always been to stay true to myself, to my music, to my fans and to express what I feel at the moment. If I'm awarded for it then so be it.

But when someone comes around and says I didn't work hard to get where I am, they will be called out for it, because I know for a fact it wasn't easy to get to where I am.

Mike Peck: You are judging them as lazy but you don't know them. You got angry when other people were judging you without any real knowledge of who you really are behind the stage personality you have created. I think these bands don't promote themselves not because they are lazy or fear selling out but because its not really important. What is important is the music and that is enough to satisfy them. Maybe they get upset not because they want to be on the covers of those magazines but because they feel those artists on the cover are cheapening or neglecting the music to focus on the business side of the industry.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
#30 Posted : 13 December 2009 09:43:14(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

TheCDs wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mike Peck: You are judging them as lazy but you don't know them. You got angry when other people were judging you without any real knowledge of who you really are behind the stage personality you have created. I think these bands don't promote themselves not because they are lazy or fear selling out but because its not really important. What is important is the music and that is enough to satisfy them. Maybe they get upset not because they want to be on the covers of those magazines but because they feel those artists on the cover are cheapening or neglecting the music to focus on the business side of the industry.

Stephanie Fierce:. "Not all, not some ,but many bands don't promote basically because they are lazy and they try to use the excuse that they don't want to sell out." it is not me inferring or judging, it is me stating the truth. I have heard many bands say that the only reason they don't promote is because it is too much and all they want is to smoke and drink all day. But on interviews they say that the reason they don't do it is because they don't want to become sell outs. Ok, so why is that a problem? Because by them saying that, they are not offered to be on magazine covers and if they are and they accept they contradict their statement in the first place. Ok so why is that a problem? Well it isn't until they start bashing why Pop artists are featured on magazine covers and why are blogs talking about them. Being on a magazine cover can be a side job. And just because someone is featured on a cover doesn't mean they are neglecting or cheapening music.
Offline bikz  
#31 Posted : 13 December 2009 09:43:55(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Kate : Stephanie, two more points to make -
1. You say that I judge you on your "Fierce" persona, and complain that I don't know you - but how am I supposed to know you? It's an easy assumption to make that you're lacking in true personality when you haven't really shown the world anything aside from extravagant stories, an excess of by-products and chart positions.
2. Pot-kettle-black. Have you bothered to know me? Unlike you, I've told the world what my life is like and you can't be arsed to know anything of it, you're too stuck behind this persona of yours, and funniest of all, you straight off called me an "old fart" without even knowing my age. ;)
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
#32 Posted : 13 December 2009 09:51:15(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
Kate : Stephanie, two more points to make -
1. You say that I judge you on your "Fierce" persona, and complain that I don't know you - but how am I supposed to know you? It's an easy assumption to make that you're lacking in true personality when you haven't really shown the world anything aside from extravagant stories, an excess of by-products and chart positions.
2. Pot-kettle-black. Have you bothered to know me? Unlike you, I've told the world what my life is like and you can't be arsed to know anything of it, you're too stuck behind this persona of yours, and funniest of all, you straight off called me an "old fart" without even knowing my age. ;)

Stephanie Fierce: Um I have shown both my artistic and my personal side you dumb bitch. I have a book called "Fierce" and an album "Diary Of a Pop Sinner" where I have shared some of my personal stories I was afraid to share. My "inner personality" is seen at talk shows and when I'm at home or in the studio. Which you have not even bothered to read, listen or watch otherwise you would know my inner personality. Being Fierce is not fake, its part of me.

Just shut up, you already made yourself look like a jealous old fart twice.

Edited by user 13 December 2009 09:52:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : 13 December 2009 09:59:13(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

GirlSpice wrote:
Sexy Star: All I know is that I'm hot and that my new single is out on Monday and Steph is on it! That's all really, you all have fun.

Stephanie Fierce: Hell yeah, when is your album release party?
Offline bikz  
#34 Posted : 13 December 2009 10:03:27(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Kate : Honestly, first you say that I find out too much stuff about you, now I haven't found out enough .... and you obviously know nothing about me.
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
#35 Posted : 13 December 2009 10:06:03(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
Kate : Honestly, first you say that I find out too much stuff about you, now I haven't found out enough .... and you obviously know nothing about me.

Stephanie Fierce: I never said that, you just said that because you have run out of things to hate on. I don't want to know anything about you, you're irrelevant and not worth my time.
Offline bikz  
#36 Posted : 13 December 2009 10:19:42(UTC)
bikz

Woman

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Stephanie Fierce: I never said that, you just said that because you have run out of things to hate on. I don't want to know anything about you, you're irrelevant and not worth my time.

Kate : Excuse me, I'm getting kinda tired, it's the whole having kids thing .... but I never, ever, ever run out of things to hate. Hatred is what I do. If I could get paid for making enemies and bitching stuff, I'd be richer than Kash. Oh, and stop calling me an old fart, think of a less ridiculous insult.
UserPostedImage
#37 Posted : 13 December 2009 10:24:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Kate : Excuse me, I'm getting kinda tired, it's the whole having kids thing .... but I never, ever, ever run out of things to hate. Hatred is what I do. If I could get paid for making enemies and bitching stuff, I'd be richer than Kash. Oh, and stop calling me an old fart, think of a less ridiculous insult.

Stephanie Fierce: So you're an attention whore basically. You have become so irrelevant that you try an insult artist to get their attention. How nice!
And nope an "Old Fart" is exactly what you are sounding like, if not better "Old Shit". So I'm done sinking myself to irrelevance.

OOC: I don't know about you but I'm tired and worn out on the subject lol
Offline bikz  
#38 Posted : 13 December 2009 10:51:11(UTC)
bikz

Woman

OOC : I don't have kids, I just lost track of the thread. I am an old fart :P but Kate isn't. Just so Fiercey knows, she's 15.

Edited by user 13 December 2009 10:52:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
#39 Posted : 13 December 2009 10:54:46(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
OOC : I don't have kids, I just lost track of the thread. I am an old fart :P but Kate isn't. Just so Fiercey knows, she's 15.

OOC: Lol I know but "Fiercy" calling her one would be an insult :P
#40 Posted : 13 December 2009 11:58:52(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Blog #2:
Ok, so now that I have gotten that point established, I just changed my mind about something. I will be boycotting all award shows. Yes fuck the Birdies, the HTC Awards, and any other award show. Nor will I attend or perform in them. I will be focusing more on my fans, my music the way I want it and my own shows rather than trying to win an useless award. My experience as a judge in award shows was to extend my point of view, that is all. I feel like these award shows represent "What is the Flavor of the week" and I don't want to represent that. It's just the way I look at it, I'm not claiming or recommending this to any other artist or band.