logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gemma375*  
#1 Posted : 14 December 2009 21:31:22(UTC)
Gemma375*

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Live Youth are back and are finally releasing their debut album. After forming 2 years ago, the band have been busy touring and releasing singles, but have yet to put out a full length, studio recorded album. But finally, here it is!!

The album, fans will be pleased to know, includes a couple of the band's biggest singles (Take A Look, Incomplete and Hermaphrodite Whore - a tribute to Miss Vanity), but the rest of the album are not made up of fillers.

"I'm impressed with Live Youth's album. I'd say it's probably one of the best debut albums I've ever heard - but then again, the members of Live Youth are veterans of rock music now a days, despite how young they are in years. They have the fresh feel of a brand new band and a brand new album, but have the experience and perfectly crafted talent to make good songs turn into something special. I must admit, I had begun to forget just what excited me about Live Youth, and Rebel Uprising before them, but this has made me fall in love all over again. I've fallen in love with Live Youth. I've fallen in love with Gemma Maddison and Dean Keller's powerful and airtight songwriting partnership and, most importantly, I've fallen back in love with grand, fantastic, exciting rock music and finally a new record has made me feel alive. Live Youth prove, with this record, that they are a special breed. They are the ones who will grab unexpected youths by the ears and refuse to let go, pulling a brand new generation into the world of rock, alternative and metal music while delivering a long overdue slap to the older metalheads who have become bored and disillusioned with the new bands coming up into the genre and are making old timers feel something they haven't in years - the excitment, hope and energy of six young twenty somethings, in the prime of their lives, doing what they love. On top of that, it inspires listeners that they can do the same: No dream is too big if you're prepared to set the train in motion, and no problem is too big if you're prepared to fight for what you believe in. That is what Live Youth has taught me, and that is why this album means something to me, and will do to millions of others. Listen to this album once, and you won't look back".

- John Ashcraft, LiveSound, *****

"In Love With A Beautiful Feeling" by Live Youth, is on sale NOW!!

Lyrics: Dean Keller / Gemma Maddison / Guy Collins / Josh Cevallos
Arrangement: Live Youth
Vocals: Gemma Maddison
Lead Guitar/Vocals: Dean Keller
Guitar: Josh Cevallos
Bass: Guy Collins
Drums: Tyler Albright
Keyboard: Levi Reiss

Tracklisting:

Dreams in Motion (3:24) Keller/Maddison
Hermaphrodite Whore (3.56) Keller/Maddison/Collins
Take A Look (3.42) Maddison
A Beautiful Feeling (4:57) Keller/Maddison
Sounds Like Heartbreak and Broken Promises (4:24) Keller/Maddison
Incomplete (3:29) Keller
I Thought I Told You (4:12) Keller/Maddison
Sleeping With The Enemy (4:07) Keller/Maddison
Don't Let Go (4:01) Albright/Cevallos/Collins/Keller/Maddison
The Next Step From Here (3:57) Keller/Maddison

(OOC: ARGH... pressed the wrong button and the album is actually nameless... and I can't find any way to change it so can't even click to find out chart positions or anything :-( Anybody know what I can do?!?!)

Edited by user 15 December 2009 01:25:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Live Youth are: ---------------------------------------------- Billy Maddison (Solo artist)
Gemma Ferns (Vocals) -- Dean Keller (Lead Guitar)
Jason Cevallos (Guitar) -- Guy Collins (Bass)
Tyler Albright (Drums) -- Levi Reiss (Keyboard)
Offline troy211619  
#2 Posted : 14 December 2009 21:41:50(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Hi, are you guys gonna have a tour or something?
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Gemma375*  
#3 Posted : 14 December 2009 21:50:55(UTC)
Gemma375*

Woman

Gemma: We should do. May not be for a little while though :)
UserPostedImage
Live Youth are: ---------------------------------------------- Billy Maddison (Solo artist)
Offline troy211619  
#4 Posted : 14 December 2009 21:54:44(UTC)
troy211619

Man

cool, i was just wondering if i could be like a supporting act, to just get known a little bit..
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Gemma375*  
#5 Posted : 14 December 2009 22:48:06(UTC)
Gemma375*

Woman

Gemma: What's your music like? Tell us a bit about you?
UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#6 Posted : 14 December 2009 23:07:04(UTC)
troy211619

Man

We are an alternative rock band. We are composed of 5 members, Troy(lead vocals/guitar/piano) that's me,JC(lead guitar/keyboards),Carl(rhythm guitar/back up vocals),JPC(bass guitar/keyboards),and Tristan(percussion). We are heavily influenced by Radiohead and Muse, but we are also influenced by Queen,Depeche Mode, Nirvana, and Smashing Pumpkins

Edited by user 14 December 2009 23:08:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Gemma375*  
#7 Posted : 15 December 2009 01:24:50(UTC)
Gemma375*

Woman

Exclusive Interview with Dean Keller!!

UserPostedImage

DEAN KELLER ON... Music

"Music is the best thing in my life", Dean Keller, 25, tells us, sweeping his hair out of his eyes and taking a sip of bottled water. "It is the one thing that has remained constant throughout my life. When I first left South Africa, I was 18 years old, I was leaving behind all my family and all of my friends, I was leaving behind my home, my job. But the one thing I brought with me was my music. Music is special to me because it has no boundaries. Music translates across any and every language, culture and religion. Music can make you feel emotion, or stop you feeling a certain emotion that, I don't know, maybe you find upsetting or something. Music can touch you, and make you think twice about an issue you've never considered before. Music can take any emotion it is possible to feel and take you on a journey that lasts three minutes but leaves you thinking about it for hours afterwards. That's why I've always used music as my therapy. It's always been the one thing I could use to manipulate my emotions. When I had a hard time giving up drugs, the music was there for me. When I was having a downer, I could find a song that I would either relate to, or that could take my mind off things completely, or that would give me the inspiration and the courage to carry on. When I had my accident and was in hospital, just after coming out of my coma, the one thing that saw me through was my music. I could barely move, I could hardly speak, I couldn't write, I couldn't play, but I could listen and I could understand. If it wasn't for the music, and if it wasn't the desire and drive to play again, I don't know if I would have recovered. It was the one thing pushing me forward."

DEAN KELLER ON... Going Solo

"My solo single was an amazing thing to do. It was the first time I've had something that I felt was exclusively mine, that it was completely my own project, it was my own thoughts and feelings, my own playing, nothing was being held back. It is me, 100%", Dean told us, his dark eyes sincere, burning into us with every second of his intense stare. "It was something I just had to do. I had a lot of issues which I had never resolved, so it was important that I got everything out there in the open. Like I said, my music is my therapy, so I was really happy with how it all came out, and it really helped. Yeah, of course I was ecstatic when I found out that the single had charted top ten - it sold more than any Rebel Uprising or Live Youth single ever did, but I would never consider a solo career. I could never go through the writing and recording process on my own again, it was very isolating and very boring, it was like I was trapped with these feelings around me which I couldn't shake away. I could never go on a tour by myself, I need my friends around me. I couldn't take being in the limelight all the time, the feeling of having no support scared me so much."

UserPostedImage
Dean Keller working away in the studio

DEAN KELLER ON... Being in front of the camera

"I'll admit, being in front of the camera is great," Dean laughs, smiling broadly. "Although, I don't like being exclusively in front of the press and such, when it comes to the cameras, like, doing music videos or home movies or videos for the fans, everybody would tell you I love being the centre of attention. I'm forever running in front of the camera, doing something goofy. I grew up loving performing arts - much to the disappointment of my parents - so music and acting were my two biggest loves. Doing music videos allow me to do both. But, I also love the idea that the more footage I get of myself on tape, the more my kids will know of me, the more my grandkids will know of me, when I'm gone. I really love the idea that when I'm gone, something will remain".

UserPostedImage
On the set of the new video 'Sounds Like Heartbreak and Broken Promises'.

DEAN KELLER ON... Gemma Maddison

"Gemma is amazing", Dean smiles, a glittering spreading to his eyes. "She is so special to me, she remains to this day the only girl I've ever loved. She is my best friend and I will be there for her until the day I die, no matter what. We've known each other since I was 18, she was 14 and we've only grown closer over the years. We have a son [Caleb, 3 years old] together and it's the most amazing bond to share with somebody. It feels so strange to consider how much I've been through with Gemma in the past six years, and to see how much we've grown up. I mean, when I met Gemma, she was a young girl, living at home with her parents. Now she's a women, she's married with two kids. Together we've experienced love, parenthood, we've created bands which have become world famous, we've sold millions of records, made millions of pounds and are now living the dream. She will always be the most important person in my life - her and Caleb. I feel sorry for the girl I end up with, because no matter who she is, Gemma and Caleb will still be the top of my priorities."

UserPostedImage
Where the magic happens

DEAN KELLER ON... Love

"Love... isnt something I talk about very often, mainly because I've never had much luck with it. I find it very hard to commit, and I find it very hard to fall for someone. But one girl made me do it, once," Dean smiled, reflecting on his past with a bittersweet smile, his handsome face glowing. "But once again, I managed to wreck it and there's no going back. It's true that love hurts. When it's because of somebody else's mistakes, it hurts, but knowing that I lost the one I love forever because of my own mistakes... well that kills me. Not a day goes by that I don't regret what I did, but it happened and I know that at somepoint - maybe years in the future - I'll move on. I'm not bitter about it, because while love didn't work out for me, all I need to do is look around me to see instances where it has worked and the people involved in it are the happiest people I know - like Gemma and Billy, for instance. Love is what drives people to do what they do, day in, day out and its why I write music. Love is the strongest emotion of all, and its what makes us feel. That's why its important that I write about it."

DEAN KELLER ON... Being a father

"Becoming a dad is the best thing that has ever happened to me - EVER! My son is the most amazing kid in the world, he is so loving, and smart, funny… he reminds me so much of how I was when I was little. He’s so inquisitive about the world as well. I mean, he asks questions about everything and its quite overwhelming sometimes to think that my answers to those questions may shape his entire future: what he grows up believing, what values he holds and what path he takes in life. Everything I do now will shape what he becomes in the future. It’s a scary thought, but its also something very special. You will never understand true, unconditional love until you have a child. Caleb came into my care when I was just 21 or 22 years old and I was so immature. I had to grow up really, really fast. Gemma’s only 20 now and she’s miles more mature than I ever was when I first became Caleb’s father. Now she has two little boys in her care and she’s coping way better than I did with one, but I guess that’s the difference between guys and girls. It’s a challenge but the best challenge I ever took on. Would I encourage Caleb to get into the music industry? No. But I wouldn’t discourage him, either. Both Gemma and I love music, obviously, and so he’s grown up around music his entire life and already loves it. He already has an extensive taste in music. We’ve also bought him a couple of instruments which we will be trying to teach him to play properly soon, but we won’t push him into doing music as a career. It’s a tough industry. You get knocked down time and time again, and most people won’t ever make it, so obviously as parents we want to shield him from that. But if he turns round to us, when he’s old enough, and says its honestly what he wants to do, then - like anything - we will support him whole heartedly, and give him the best start we can.”

DEAN KELLER ON... The Future

“The future… well, who knows what that holds for us. We’re still so young, so we have years and years ahead of us. I know that progress will probably be slow as Gemma wants to extend her family with Billy. I know that Levi is due to be getting married just after the new year and so everybody’s personal life will be a bit hectic for a little while. That’s why, hopefully, we can get some good sales on the new record, and can start a tour straight away in the new year before we will need to take that break. Further ahead in the future, I see a few image changes, I see our style changing and growing with each record and I don’t know if we will still be ‘Live Youth’ as we know it, or if we will be ‘Live Youth’ at all. All I know, is that as long as I’m involved in music, me and Gemma will still be work partners. I don’t think a day will come when either of us will go our own way in the industry. When something works, you don’t mess with it. But I’m definitely excited about what the future brings. I’m very excited about the new album - its exactly what all of us wanted from the record. It’s fresh, exciting, high powered, the lyrics mean so much to us and is full of heavy hooks and riffs and it really does take you on a journey from beginning to end. I just hope our fans are as excited about it as we are”.
UserPostedImage