logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 25 December 2009 05:19:14(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Failed Youth

New Single

So we're going to release our collab album that we're producing and appearing on soon but we thought - hell, why not put out a Christmas song to! So, seeing as this was probably the best time of the year to do it today we're released a CHRISTMAS SONG! *Yayz!*. The song's called 'A Christmas Song', and we've made a pretty funky little tune here. We recorded it the other day, when we released 'Holy Fuck! It's Failed Youth!' - something we hadn't released before our departure. And yeah basically Jack was tapping along on the old keyboard and we came up with a nice little tune, but it was pretty basic so we expanded on it, and then I wrote some lyrics.

Now the lyrics are where we get back into what you'd expect from us. They're dark and emotional, not chirpy unlike the tune. These two sides make a really touching piece. Right, seeing as I sound like a bit of a puff now, I'll explain: The lyrics are set in the first person of a kid who's mum's a heroin addict. The song basically shows how he put's on a brave voice and sing's happy songs at Christmas - but inside it eats away at him like a virus. His mother's never there for him, always jacking up and he has to go to his grandfathers house. The song builds up tension all the way through, the music becoming slightly more depressing towards the end. It actually sounds like quite a Christmas carol because we recruited a little orchestra to play some of the music. With my voice, I start of singing and as the music becomes more and more intense it merges through into a scream. Pretty dark stuff! The B-sides have got fuck all to do with Christmas, just we recorded a song called Mary about a girl I used to know a while ago so I put it on! And with Squeeze Me, I bought my dog a squeaky squeezy toy for Christmas this year, so I thought I'd put that on as well.

Mary's about a prostitute, who comes from an agonising life and only wants to make a difference in the world, and Squeeze Me is an acoustic song about the pain of rejection, from anybody - be it friends or family, or lovers.

- Billy

Tracklisting:

1. A Christmas Song
2. Squeeze Me
3. Mary

OUT NOW

Edited by user 26 December 2009 00:21:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Aj  
#2 Posted : 26 December 2009 00:20:45(UTC)
Aj

Man

Woo! We haven't tasted that sweet, sweet feeling of a number one in a while now, but we're gone and grabbed another one! 'A Christmas Song' has reached world number one - YES, WE GOT THE FUCKING WORLD CHRISTMAS NUMBER 1! As well as that it reached number 1 in Australia and New Zealand, and Asia. The total chart results are below:

UK: 3 - 35,531
USA: 11 - 34,203 << how the fuck did this happen?? WHAT ELSE WERE YOU BUYING??
CNDA: 2 - 35,696
AU&NZ: 1 - 35,819
STHAM: 3 - 34,749
ASIA: 1 - 35,386
EUROPE: 2 - 36,179

WORLD: 1 - 247,563

Bit pissed off that Tisha fucking Jackson got to number 1 in the USA, and a band called Gratuitious Commodities beat us with a song called 'I'd Still Band Brittany Murphy', which even with my sick sense of humour I really couldn't find funny. But hey, number one purchased single in the world on Christmas day is a fucking class accomplishment! Cheers guys!
Offline Mt. Epic  
#3 Posted : 26 December 2009 01:52:20(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
lucky bastard! lol
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline Aj  
#4 Posted : 26 December 2009 02:10:21(UTC)
Aj

Man

Mt. Epic wrote:
lucky bastard! lol

Not lucky, we're fucking awesome. That's why.

Jack