logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 31 December 2009 00:12:31(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
UserPostedImage
CHARACTER nick
TAG [open]
LOCATION madbirds lodge

Nick sat on her four-poster bed in the top floor of the Lodge. She had the building plan memorised. Every inch of the shelter, she knew like a drumbeat. She and Kamikaze Kate had designed the Lodge, and made sure that everything was to their specifications. Nick's own bedroom was the fourth biggest room, after the main lounge, the music room, and Kate's room. It was a sanctuary. She'd made sure that it was soundproofed, so that she could play drums in peace, even while others were sleeping. And her entire five kits, taped together as they were when Nick started playing multiple kits, stood proudly in the corner. No fancy makes, just what she loved playing best.

She thought about playing some drums, but for the first time in years, she didn't feel like playing. She just walked around her bedroom, subdued, mourning. "Sýkn," she said to herself, the name echoing around the large room. It seemed like forever ago that she'd been attacked in his name and been pissed about it - well, you would be, if you were attacked by people weaker than yourself and still lost the fight, even if you almost killed them in the process - but it seemed like only minutes ago that he killed himself. Not saying a word, she mouthed his suicide note. She could say it in her sleep. Like Kaethe Jenkins had done for Kaeli van Mouschi, she had written a song based on it. Not with the other Madbirds, just drums and words, all alone. Nick's singing voice sucked - maybe she could get someone like Kitena Dale, Raven Comatose or Kaethe Jenkins to help out with the vocals - and they could release it as a duet single, for charity, for Britney Kerry Bereavement Care.

As she walked down the stairs outside her room to the floor where Mayhem, Kitena and other 'birds sometimes stayed, she could still hear his voice. (She knew that it would go away, she wasn't going to turn into Chris.) She could still taste his blood on the tip of her tongue. She felt like it was in the tears dripping down her face - Nick didn't cry loudly, or even noticeably. She wasn't a baby, she was a 38-year-old, and a tough one at that. But death had never been so hard on her. Nick was a morbid psycho, after all. She didn't give a damn about anyone. Never had, never would. Why should the death of a guy upset such a woman?

She caught sight of herself in the window outside Kitena's room, and saw that her eyes were bloodshot from lack of sleep. "Arrrses," she said out loud. She ran to Daphne "what's a lock?" May Hemingway's room and sneakily picked out a lipstick, red like her eyes, but brighter. After colouring her lips, she carried on looking through Mayhem's make-up box. She found some scissors. (Why Mayhem was trusted with scissors, Nick didn't know. She probably ran with them.) Hmm ....

Nick sat on the bed and started methodically cutting away at her waist-length black hair. Though it had always been fun to headbang with, the bounce of the hair as she smashed her head into her drumkit, she suddenly felt like it wasn't needed. She didn't even know why this was, or if she'd regret it later. When it was neck-length, she stopped cutting - she wanted SOME hair - and pocketed the scissors. Promising to clean Mayhem's floor later, she walked back out into the hallway, to the window. "Be'errr," she exclaimed. Why Nick had to look good for no companion but a window that looked out only onto the Lodge's garden, when she had never bothered to look good for any show or party or date, she didn't quite understand. She just did. Or maybe putting on lipstick and cutting her hair were just things to do.

CREDIT bikki
NOTES Gotta love showy-offy roleplay pages. They rawk. <3
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 31 December 2009 03:58:43(UTC)
bikz

Woman

UserPostedImage
CHARACTER kamikaze kate
TAG [open]
LOCATION from the dirty bastard to madbirds lodge

So, this woman had just asked Barsteward, in all randomness, if she could have directions to the Lodge. Kate wanted to interrogate her, find out who she was, how she knew her, how she knew Nick, why she wanted to see Nick, why she didn't have any hair .... it was just weird. Kate didn't know where to start. If she was a homeless person looking to come to the Lodge for help, that would make sense, but she had clearly asked for Nick, not for shelter.

"So, erm .... who are you?" Kate asked.
"An old friend of Nick's," the woman replied. "I haven't seen her in years, and wanted to say hello." Kate placed her accent as having a slight southwestern edge to it, but not strong like the ooh-arr-speak that Nick came out with. "We were so close ...."
"That's weird, she doesn't DO close friends." An idea came to her of who she might be. "Are you an obsessive fangirl? You better not be. Say so now, and you're safe, because I'll take you down and take you to the hospital." Kate stood in front of the woman, in a fighting stance, and put her hands into fists. "Keep lying, and I'll take you to Nick and take you to the morgue."
"No, I'm a friend, really! Don't hurt me - Kate, is it?"
"Kate it is."
Kate smiled at the randomer. They carried on walking, but in silence. Kate decided to leave it to Nick to identify her.

As she walked down the road which she knew so well, Kate left her feet to themselves, hoping they wouldn't break into dance or something, and looked at the woman. Kate, as Nick's best friend, should be able to work this out. Family member? Impossible. Nick's only family was her mother, and she hated her. Ex-lover? Even less possible. Nick's only serious partner in her entire life was dead. Former member of Moronic Changeling? Hmm .... Kate went through all the possibilities in her mind. Of course!

"Sparkle Stardust."
The woman turned round, looking scared. "Where?"
"No, that's who YOU are, fuckwit."
Kate rolled her eyes. "Don't lie to me, I saw your wig fall off. You're Sparkle Stardust or Geoffrey Jones or Melissa Mills or whoever! You want to sneak in and steal all our stuff! I can't believe I saw through this! GO DIE!"
"NO! There's nobody in the world I'd LESS like to be!"
The woman's voice was impassioned. "That guy screwed it up for us .... I mean Moronic Changeling."
Kate decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. Ex-Moronic. Not Sparkle Stardust. "Explain the wig then."
"I've only just recovered from cancer. Chemotherapy."

Kate looked closely at the friend's head. Sure, the skin was wrinkled, but behind there was a slight memory of a familiar face .... but suddenly, there was no time to think. They were by the back garden of the Lodge, right opposite the fourth floor window by Kitena's room, when they heard the crash, and saw the fall.

"NICK!" they shouted in unison. They bludgeoned through the gate and looked over Nick's body, covered in blood and glass fragments. She appeared to be comatose.

CREDIT bikki
NOTES This is part two of four. Hope you're enjoying it .... comments appreciated.

Edited by user 31 December 2009 05:45:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Aj  
#3 Posted : 31 December 2009 04:52:13(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
ooc: This is amazing, as usual. I wish I could write like you, you write so realistically it's brilliant :) Top stuff Bikz
Offline old.gregg  
#4 Posted : 31 December 2009 05:34:00(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
OOC: Yeah, Bikz, you're a really good writer. Keep it up and and I'll keep reading, basically!
-
Offline Raphaela  
#5 Posted : 31 December 2009 06:43:10(UTC)
Raphaela

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
OOC: Great stuff! Who's this girl you base Nick off? She's very pretty.
Anyway, if at any point you want to use Sýkn, his sister or anything, you don't even have to ask me, you can use them.
Now continue because I'm curious :P
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline bikz  
#6 Posted : 31 December 2009 09:27:09(UTC)
bikz

Woman

UserPostedImage
CHARACTER somerset bissell
TAG [open]
LOCATION madbirds lodge

It was like being struck by lightning. Had Summie just seen her best friend in the world die? Well, maybe this is just what she deserved ....

FLASHBACK

It was close to midnight. I was sneaking out. I didn't know if I was doing the right thing .... but I'd rather have it this way. I was doing it, mainly, for my children. The tumour had been found during their birth, I'd known for two weeks that it was malignant and I had three months to live, if I was lucky. I hated leaving them so much - but I'd rather have them raised by Rayne and never know who I was, than watch their mother disappear, slowly and painfully. Hardly there because of daily hospital appointments; unable to breastfeed them in case any medication passed through; so exhausted by chemotherapy that I felt like screaming back at them when they screamed to let me get some rest. It's not that I didn't love them, it's that I loved them too much to let them see me slip away like this.

I read the news. Most of the population assumed me dead, even Rayne, even Kaethe - except for one person. People called her insane, but Nick has always believed that I'm somewhere.

.... she thought it all through. Anything but think about the ambulance crew come and try to gently pull shards of that fourth floor window, some quite deeply embedded, out of Nick's body, laying there helpless, so unlike this small tower of strength. Kate did the practical thing and gave Nick's details to the crew. Summie couldn't say anything, too shellshocked - she just silently prayed for Nick's life. She wanted to ask if Nick was bleeding to death, if she was out cold, if this really was it; but she was too fearful that the answers may not be the ones that she wanted to hear. She was facing her, and could see that her eyes were bloodshot, although they were closed. Summie was one second from squeamishly looking away - but then, she saw those red eyes prick open.

"S-S-Somerset?" Nick, unlike Kate, recognised her old friend immediately.
"You're alive, Nick, you're not dead or seeing things .... this is her ...." Kate started to console her. Nick interrupted her.
"I know," she said. "I've neverrr bin tawld, but always known."

CREDIT bikki
NOTES Thanks everyone for the compliments! (: Just one more piece to go. Nick = Jessicka Addams (Jack Off Jill & Scarling.) with PhotoFiltred eyes.

Edited by user 31 December 2009 09:40:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#7 Posted : 31 December 2009 22:30:17(UTC)
bikz

Woman

UserPostedImage
CHARACTER kaethe jenkins
TAG [open]
LOCATION bristol infirmary

The walls were yellow. Kaethe knew what this was for .... in hospitals, they painted walls in 'happy' colours so that it wouldn't make you feel so sad. Kaethe didn't truly understand the mechanics of colour (surely, a yellow wall isn't going to help you if you're on the brink of death), but all the same, she felt optimistic. She'd heard that Nick had cuts all over her body and was in and out of concussion, from jumping through a fourth floor window. Probably an attempt to jump through a glass window and see if she could come out unscathed. Typical Nick. She had always liked to test her limits - or 'invincibility' as she called it. Kaethe recoiled as she remembered Nick's "can I cut half the skin on my face off" moment. She'd never known anyone to do that. Kasia's surgeons had done a brilliant job, but Nick wasn't as "Nick poster" as she used to be.

Nick posters, ah, those were the days. Kaethe smiled at the memory. When Moronic Changeling were new and had just released "Shop Assistant", teenage boys all over the country were buying posters of Nickola Biggs, there were entire walls covered with pics of Nick, both as a 33/34-year-old musician, plus "catwalk" photos they'd found of her in her late teens and early 20s. Ha - she bet that half the younger men they knew had some Nick posters gathering dust under their beds, but would never say so. She and Nick should go searching. She and Nick - and Somerset Bissell. It was like Eladar 'Raven' Nightside or Billy Maddison or Nadia. As if she'd stepped out of a coffin.

Kaethe wasn't scared of seeing Nick - heck, she'd seen Nick in much worse situations, she'd seen Nick with half a face - but she was scared of seeing Summie. As she walked the aureolin halls, she wondered what it would be like, seeing her again after all these years apart. Knowing that her flaming red hair was fake. She was so glad that she'd got over the cancer - it would be unbearable to meet her again if she was close to death .... after all these years she'd return and just die. But she wouldn't. That was better, but it was still going to be hard to see her. But also, it was going to be epic. Kaethe Jenkins née van Mouschi, Somerset Bissell, and Nickola Biggs. The real Moronic Changeling.

Always and forever.

CREDIT bikki
NOTES This feels incomplete, I might add another bit, let me know what you think! Feel free to join in, come and see her or whatever, and hope you enjoyed the story. bkx.

Edited by user 31 December 2009 22:33:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage