logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 08 January 2010 07:16:11(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Dark Secrets
Mid-Action Report

UserPostedImage

07 JANUARY 2010 @ 4:16 PM

I don't want a developed web site right now. I'm not a developed artist. I mean, I was. Five years now.

But to evolve you have to dismantle, and that means accepting the idea that nothing you've created in the past matters anymore, except that it brought you here.
To pick up your new marching orders.

I want to use a blog to truly tell you who I am.
I don't want to link to someone else's culture,
like a titanium dinette set with chairs that look like little tables and a table that looks like a giant chair.
That says nothing about me that I want you to know.

I want you to learn about me through the process of writing, recording and producing my third album.

I want to host an Open House for bright things and dark things, for lame jokes and sad chords, and for melodies that lift me off the ground.

I want to be less fun at parties, and find it hard to meet new people.
I want to be happier in the house than out of it.
I want to be fearless and remember not to compromise a thing, until the work is done and it's time to shorten it for the radio.

I want to be myself and shut the rest out. Except for the people I love. (You know who you are.)

Two things I'll be acknowledging more from now on...
1. Thank you.
2. I am lucky.

I'm writing my Dark Secrets.
And this time you're coming with me. From beginning to end.

Take 001.

LOVE,
Ryan Ross Hernandez

Edited by user 09 January 2010 12:55:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#2 Posted : 09 January 2010 12:51:16(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Everyone Believes

08 JANUARY 2010 @ 9:51 PM

Three days down, and one in a half songs written, nothing, oh nothing tracked yet.

I'm the type of musician that need to be in studio for a few days, maybe even a week to be able to get back into that recording mindset.

These sessions are a bit different since it is the first time that I come into studio without having all the songs written beforehand. It will also differ to my previous recording sessions because I don't get an extended period of time just focusing on tracking, instead I'm going to be recording in various locations due to the tour in support of the latest album, Dark Secret Love, kicking off later this month going through May.

Currently I'm at a location I can't, rather do not want to disclose, to prevent any outside distractions. I will just say that it is in the United States, but not in any of the studios I've recorded at in the past.

As I mentioned before, I've completed writing a song earlier today and late last night I wrote part of a song, a verse to be exact. I the weekend off, so I will most likely have it finish by the time I come back on Monday morning. As for the song I have written in its full, it is very different than the work I've done before as a singer-songwriter, that also includes PANIC!.

I haven't composed the music yet, all I've done is complete the lyrics which deal with a topic I've never touched before in my career because honestly I just think if I had written it anytime before this point of my life, it would have just seemed ignorant on my part due to the fact that I was bliss on the subject matter, and I've just become involved in it around two, maybe three years ago.

That song is my first political song, which was strange once I completed them, but I didn't fight them because I just got on a groove and it just came out naturally.

Once I was done with it and I read it, I was skeptical about them but once I got in the booth and started singing them, mostly a capella with just this simple, barely audible drum beat it grew on me. But then I really liked it once I got my customized Fender Stratocaster, and very quickly I added a solo breakdown, that made me enjoy it more and hopefully that solo makes it on the final cut.

The song is about the moral war around the world with people's other beliefs and that one cannot keep the world under control to get every single person to believe just one thing. I tried my best to keep my personal political beliefs from the song to prevent it from being bias to my views, so it has a general statement in it. But I'm one of those musicians that believes if someone believes something, then their world view is going to come out in anything they do. Maybe even more for me with this song because I love politics, probably if I hadn't become a musician I would have probably wanted to study political science.

I've become more involved in it, I even contributed to a campaign here in the United States, in 2008. But I wouldn't say I'm worried if people get this idea or that from my personal views on this subject matter, I've never let other people's opinions determine my music. But nor will I disclose my personal political beliefs, all I will say is I'm what citizens in the US would consider conservative.

Back to the song, I will write the music for it over the weekend, and I will hopefully record a demo early next week. I will keep you guys in touch. Maybe next week I will post a little preview of the lyrics.

The song is titled, "Belief Is What We're Fighting For".

Have a nice weekend,
Ryan Ross Hernandez

Edited by user 09 January 2010 12:56:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage