logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Historyy7  
#1 Posted : 09 January 2010 08:43:18(UTC)
Historyy7

Groups: Registered

Hey guys. So we, Ijsje. Vuur., have been laying low for a while. Not really a hiatus just been writing and recording new material for our 5th album. The funny thing is we have over 20 songs. So we have decided to make a two disc album that will be released separately. The first album is called "Tyrant of Democracy" and is a concept album about a nation living under a lying, murderous, and power hungry dictator. The second album is called "Rise of a Nation" which is about what happens after the people of the nation take over the government. Here are the track-listings:

Tyrant of Democracy:
1. Cold and Hungry:
about the nation's poor people who starve while their leader eats and lives well
2. The Autocrat's Wife(single):
talks about the leader's wife having an affair and how she wants to help the people
3. No Justice:
about the leader of a left-wing political group trying to start a rebellion but ends being killed in the process
4. Annex the Weak:
Instrumental
5. Tyrant of Democracy:
talks about what the people refer to their leader as
6. The Power of One:
talks about another left-winger who tries to lead a rebellion
7. Rebellion of the Restless:
about the people starting a rebellion
8. Champagne and Hand-Grenades(single):
about an assasination attempt on the leader but it fails
9. The People's Republic(single):
about the people winning their freedom
10. A Slow Downfall: I. The Beggining II. The Affair III. War IV. Dissappear V. The Return VI. Death:
about the leader's rise and fall and sums up the entire album

Rise of a Nation:
1. Left or Right?:
talks about who they should appoint as leader a Left-winger or Right-winger
2.A Shadow in the Eye:
talks about a group of people who still support the old regime
3. Eco-Warfare:
talks about a plot to unravel the new economy
4. Oligarchy(future single):
talks about the election of a minority and third-party leader
5. Apartheid(future single):
talks about racism by the minority upon the majority
6.Unrest:
talks about civil unrest in the nation
7. Equal Skin:
talks about how the people in the country wanting equality
8. North and South:
talks about how the nation splits in two due to disagreement on equality
9. Unify:
talks about the nation re-unifying after a few years
10. New Power:
talks about the nation becoming a world power

Hope you guys enjoy the albums when they are released. We will keep you posted about the albums.

Edited by user 11 January 2010 12:48:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bikz wrote:
Antipop? Is this back to the beginning or what? Midnight/Mythic got more artists than you! WE PWNZ :D

Historyy7 wrote:
What am I not allowed to start a record label? Because if not I will delete it.

bikz wrote:
No, you are allowed to start a label. Never mind me, I'm being all nostalgic and mad. The first label I knew of was called Antipop, and it had the most artists at the time.

Historyy7 wrote:
Should I change the name? If so I will. It's no trouble at all.

bikz wrote:
It's OK, I'm talking like 2005 labels, maybe before, the founder's probably dead by now. If not, I can arrange that .... *rolls up sleeves* :P not really, it doesn't matter.

Bands:
Ijsje. Vuur. (Progcore(Punk, Progressive, Classical))(Think Beethoven meets Tool meets Bullet For My Valentine):
Record Label: Molotov Records (2009-2010), Anti-Pop Records (2010-present)

Acute Paranoia (Progcore, Goth Punk)(Think Lacuna Coil meets Mastodon)(In Roleplay Only)
Label: Anti-Pop (2010-present)

The Enders (Alternative Metal)(Think System of a Down and Tool)(In Roleplay Only)
Label: Independent

Evinco Est Validus (Art Punk, Avant-Progressive Rock, Melodic Hardcore) (Defunct)

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records

Offline Historyy7  
#2 Posted : 10 January 2010 13:26:40(UTC)
Historyy7

The third single off of the album "Tyrant of Democracy" has been released! Here is some info:

Name: The Autocrat's Wife
Length: 10:15
Song: Slow intro/drums build up/bass plays soft, long, slow chord(0:00-1:15), guitar opens slowly(1:13-1:50), singing starts/guitar, bass, drums continue(1:51-3:09), fast paced chorus(2:10-3:09;8:21-9:00), guitar solo(3:10-7:11), silence(7:12-7:20), bass solo(7:21-8:20), singing starts again/guitar, cello, drums, piano play(8:21-9:00),cello solo(9:01-9:20), viola solo(9:21-9:49), drum beat fades into the end/piano fades as it plays slowly into the end(9:50-10:15)

We are hoping the single gets into the top twenty in the UK and Europe but we haven't had a single that popular.
Please check it out and we will be posting more updates throughout the next week or two.

Edited by user 10 January 2010 13:32:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bikz wrote:
Antipop? Is this back to the beginning or what? Midnight/Mythic got more artists than you! WE PWNZ :D

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:
No, you are allowed to start a label. Never mind me, I'm being all nostalgic and mad. The first label I knew of was called Antipop, and it had the most artists at the time.

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:
It's OK, I'm talking like 2005 labels, maybe before, the founder's probably dead by now. If not, I can arrange that .... *rolls up sleeves* :P not really, it doesn't matter.

Bands:
Ijsje. Vuur. (Progcore(Punk, Progressive, Classical))(Think Beethoven meets Tool meets Bullet For My Valentine):

Acute Paranoia (Progcore, Goth Punk)(Think Lacuna Coil meets Mastodon)(In Roleplay Only)

The Enders (Alternative Metal)(Think System of a Down and Tool)(In Roleplay Only)

Evinco Est Validus (Art Punk, Avant-Progressive Rock, Melodic Hardcore) (Defunct)

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records

Offline Historyy7  
#3 Posted : 10 January 2010 13:38:19(UTC)
Historyy7

Okay so "Tyrant of Democracy" is set to be released in 3 days!
Hope you all will buy a copy to help support all of us in Ijsje. Vuur.!
Keep you posted on the singles and other news.
bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Bands:

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records

Offline Captain Insano  
#4 Posted : 10 January 2010 14:15:44(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I am intrigued, what sort of music do you classify yourselves as? Ok, nevermind...I've just figured it out haha. I am impressed with what you guys are acheiving.

Rick Fisher
The Black Gates

Edited by user 10 January 2010 14:16:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline Historyy7  
#5 Posted : 11 January 2010 03:30:46(UTC)
Historyy7

Thanks. We call our selves Progcore. Originally we were just another punk band though. Hopefully this will be our second top ten album somewhere (first top ten was "The Crystal Heart" got number 6 in europe).
bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Bands:

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records

Offline Historyy7  
#6 Posted : 11 January 2010 03:37:08(UTC)
Historyy7

Okay so for the second album we want the fans to decide what the third single will be. It's between "Left or Right?" or "Eco-Warfare". So please send us your opinion. Here is the info:

Name: Left or Right?
Length: 4:05
Song: guitar opens with fast riff(0:00-1:15), bass and rhythm guitar enter playing the same riff at a lower octave(0:45-1:15), drums enter(1:00-4:00), singing starts(1:00-2:10), guitars play back and forth chorus(2:10-2:50), singing ends(2:51-3:20), guitar solo(3:21-3:40), cello and lead guitar play the riff into the end(3:41-4:05)

Name: Eco-Warfare
Length: 7:10
Song: bass, drum open(0:00-2:00), lead guitar enters(1:19-2:00), singing starts, piano plays(2:01-2:50), piano ends, guitar,bass and drums play(2:51-3:15), guitar,bass, and drums end, piano and singing start again(3:16-4:02), singing continues, piano ends, drums and bass play(4:03-4:30), singing ends, guitar plays solo(4:31-5:30), piano plays, drums play slowly and softly(5:31-6:11), singing starts again and piano continues until the end(6:12-7:10), guitar plays softly and slowly into the end(6:30-7:10)

Edited by user 11 January 2010 04:15:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Bands:

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records

Offline Aj  
#7 Posted : 11 January 2010 08:24:02(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I love you guys. So much. Your amazing. Favourite band alive at this moment in time. Hands down.

Billy Failed Youth
Offline Gorloche  
#8 Posted : 11 January 2010 08:57:13(UTC)
Gorloche

I'm surprised I've never heard of you guys before! I just ordered your four records and are awaiting their arrival. You sound incredibly interesting; it is exciting to see where progressive music has been taking people! The few samples I've heard are really... interesting. Unique. You are a fascinating group.

- Langdon
Offline Paradox  
#9 Posted : 11 January 2010 08:59:35(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Eco-Warfare is amazing, cant believe we're in the same label
-Erik
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline Aj  
#10 Posted : 11 January 2010 09:08:10(UTC)
Aj

Man

Btw, I love you.

Billy Again
Offline Historyy7  
#11 Posted : 11 January 2010 09:28:15(UTC)
Historyy7

Thanks for the support. we have been around for a while we just don't promote as much. We consider ourselves on the line between mainstream and underground. And please keep telling us which song you prefer as the third single for "Rise of a Nation".
bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Bands:

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records

Offline Aj  
#12 Posted : 11 January 2010 09:31:23(UTC)
Aj

Man

Historyy7 wrote:
Thanks for the support. we have been around for a while we just don't promote as much. We consider ourselves on the line between mainstream and underground. And please keep telling us which song you prefer as the third single for "Rise of a Nation".

Eco-Warfare, definitely. But I'm not really bothered. I tend not to buy singles, so I'm happy just getting the album. Oh, and Jack asked me to say if you guys were interested in doing some sort of collab sometime, it would be amazing.

Billy Failed Youth
Offline Historyy7  
#13 Posted : 11 January 2010 11:07:53(UTC)
Historyy7

Aj wrote:
Historyy7 wrote:

Eco-Warfare, definitely. But I'm not really bothered. I tend not to buy singles, so I'm happy just getting the album. Oh, and Jack asked me to say if you guys were interested in doing some sort of collab sometime, it would be amazing.

Billy Failed Youth

Sure we could do that. I don't know about either of these albums but maybe our next album and/or a future single.

-Victor
Rhythm Guitarist, cellist, violist, pianist, vocalist of Ijsje. Vuur.
bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Bands:

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records

Offline Historyy7  
#14 Posted : 11 January 2010 11:13:39(UTC)
Historyy7

Here are the chart positions for "The Autocrat's Wife".

Europe: 28
Asia: 110
South America: 41
Aus. and NZ: 133
Canada: 79
USA: 48
UK: 36
World: 51

Hopefully it will move up in the charts in the next few weeks.

Edited by user 11 January 2010 12:32:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Bands:

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records

Offline Historyy7  
#15 Posted : 11 January 2010 12:43:58(UTC)
Historyy7

Okay so the fans have decided that "Eco-Warfare" will be the third single for the album "Rise of a Nation". Hopefully it will be just everyone is hoping to be. Also Ijsje. Vuur. will be laying low after these next two albums. Mainly because I (Victor) need some time to handle Anti-Pop. I also will be starting a small project entitled "The Enders" with two of my old roommates at Juliard. So hope you all buy these two albums before we....well lay low for a while. Don't worry though Ijsje. Vuur. will not be disbanding just having a rest. Still help support our music and everyone in Ijsje. Vuur. no matter what.

-Victor León
President of Anti-Pop records and Rhythm Guitarist and singer of Ijsje. Vuur.

Edited by user 13 January 2010 07:43:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Bands:

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records

Offline Historyy7  
#16 Posted : 12 January 2010 12:16:23(UTC)
Historyy7

Hey everybody. Only one day until the release of "Tyrant of Democracy". Here are the latest chart listings for "The Autocrat's Wife".

Europe: 41(-13)
Asia: 115(-5)
South America: 52(-11)
Aus & NZ: 122(+11)
Canada: 74(+5)
USA: 70(-22)
UK: 50(-14)
World: 60(-9)
bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Bands:

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records

Offline Historyy7  
#17 Posted : 13 January 2010 10:22:54(UTC)
Historyy7

Okay the album "Tyrant of Democracy" is being pulled back for a couple of days. Sorry to all the fans who were planning on buying it. We are planning on releasing around Jan 15th. We were having some issues with the distributor. We couldn't agree on a price for them so we need to find a new distributor.

-Vic
bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Historyy7 wrote:

bikz wrote:

Bands:

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records