logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 10 January 2010 15:07:10(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan Ross Hernandez Given HBO Special

UserPostedImage

Love his music or hate it, love his personality or hate it, Ryan Ross Hernandez is huge. And he's not going anywhere any time soon. Given his popularity, HBO has signed on with the blues rocker, singer-songwriter to do a special for his first concert kicking off his winter/spring world tour on Sunday, January 16, 2010. Hernandez' Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles appearance on the 16th will be transmitted live through HBO in the United States and simulcasted through Hernandez' website for the rest of the world. HBO's spokesperson Alexis Dyson said, “Ryan Ross Hernandez is a dynamic performer, and we’re thrilled to welcome him to HBO.” This won't be the first live concert on TV that Hernandez is involved with, in 2008 his band, PANIC!, had a similar one-hour special on MTV. She continued, “We’re especially excited that he’ll be creating unique new elements for the special that will make the show an even more memorable experience for our viewers.” Hernandez has been making the rounds, selling over eight million copies as a solo artist, dating various Hollywood A-List chicks, hosting over at Saturday Night Live and even taking on a film career.

The Nokia Theatre has a capacity of 7,100. HBO first contacted Hernandez to broadcast his concert at the Staples Center in March, but Hernandez denied the offer wanting to have the special in a more fan-friendly venue. The concert sold-out in a matter of minutes this past November, before the special was even announced.

HBO has said that the concert is to last 2 hours but has kept the possibility open for giving Ryan Ross Hernandez another half hour if needed. The 22-year old has been closed lips on giving details about the event, the only thing he confirmed is it will be very a-la Storytellers, the singer says he wants fans to hear the story behind some of the songs he will perform. Thanks to the HBO and internet simulcast, Hernandez is basically free to say whatever he likes no matter how explicit it might be. Ryan is known for telling dirty jokes/stories between songs.

The audience made of 7,000 are all members of Hernandez fan-club like most of the exclusive/preview shows the blues artist had in the end of 2009. Tickets were sold at very high prices, in retail value, front row seats went as high as $250 dollars. Although like his latest record, Dark Secret Love, the proceeds from the show will go to various charities of Hernandez' chose. (AmberWatch Foundation, Farm Sanctuary, Natural Resources Defense Council, Somaly Mam Foundation, and The Humane Society.)

The press box will attend 150 of Hernandez' hand-picked guests and will join the musician in an after-party at the Club Nokia, next door to the venue.

(OOC: The show roleplay for this will be up next Saturday night, and it will probably be my last music-like rp for a month or so, when all my roleplay post in a month I believe will be focused on the film. I will probably end up deciding to switch RRH pic base to John Mayer, since I can't find anymore relevant Brendon Urie pics.)
UserPostedImage