logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 11 January 2010 03:01:32(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
((OOC : If you want your artist to do a Delta Tau Entertainment article, just PM me. Also, apologies to Stacy, I've changed the playbys because I had one picture each.))

UserPostedImage
from Carly GirlSpice to Miss Molotov ....
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

So, first Carly Ferguson moves from GirlSpice to Shadow Of My Former Self. Now, it's time for a switch in the label she controls .... Spice Records to MolotoV-Records. I caught up with Carly, and her bandmate and fellow ex-Spice May Hardtime, to see what picking up a bass guitar has done to Carly, and see if May has followed suit.

UserPostedImage
Doesn't "Spice Carly" look cute and innocent back in the day .... but as anyone who saw the GirlSpice "One Last Goodbye" tour knows, her inked sleeves are brand new. And since when did bubblegum pop stars wear leather? Her look's totally changed - yup, "Shadow Carly" is definitely a rock star!
Now, let's look at the differences between "Spice May" and "Shadow May", these pictures are further apart than Carly's, a whole four years apart as May is the original GirlSpice girl, so she should have changed so much more .... erm, I think she's wearing more make-up, and her hair's grown ....

Sophy Cruz-Bishop : So, Carly, how's the label change going?
Carly Ferguson : Brilliantly. I've had a lot of experience with Spice Records and had a great time, but it's time to move on. I always wanted to be the lead of a record label rather than one of five, and even though Molotov's a sublabel, it's good enough for me. Especially as it's more my style than Spice is.
SCB : More your style? Explain ....
CF : I think I'm over the whole 'pop star' thing now. Shadow Of My Former Self is madcore, yes, but I want to be more of a punk rocker. I've grown up, I'm not a little girl singing into my hairbrush and playing with Mummy's make-up any more. GirlSpice is over, and it's time to move on.
May Hardtime : I disagree.
SCB : You disagree with what, May?
MH : I don't believe that GirlSpice is over. It'll live on forever ....
CF : Yeh yeh, they all say that, about all the split bands and retired musicians - and it's harder for you, May, as you were in GirlSpice longer. Don't get me wrong, I loved those days, but the sun has set on them. Just like Kim has with Aurora, and Chantal and Sophia have with Spice Records, we need to find new ways.

SCB : How are you both fitting in with the new band? Especially you, Carly, as you used to be just a singer, is it hard being the new Brisky?
CF : I'm not 'the new Brisky'. I'm the new bassist. I'm a completely different person to Krista Briskett, and apologies to Rayne but she's definitely not someone I want to identify with. We're both female bassists who play music with some of the same people. That's all.
SCB : Ahem, the new band, Carly .... playing bass ....
CF : Ah. It's all awesome. Shadow Of My Former Self is the best thing to happen to me since .... well, GirlSpice!
SCB : Which do you both prefer?
MH : You can't really compare. I was in GirlSpice nearly four years, I've been in Shadow for less than two months. Also, the music is completely different.
CF : What she said, but I wasn't in GirlSpice as long.
SCB : On a GirlSpice-related note. What do you think of Nadia coming out of the coffin?
CF : I don't know what to think really. I replaced her. Erm, good for her?
MH : I'm SO glad to see her back! Without Nadia, I wouldn't be here. She built GirlSpice! I'm looking forward to seeing what she's got! I'm glad she's still with Jamie Walsh too, those two are really good together. They sort each other out!

SCB : May, you've been dating Rayne Berry since GirlSpice first rose to fame. What's it like being in a band with him? Any tension .... ?
MH : None.
CF : I can vouch for that. As always, they're like an old married couple!
SCB : OK, so Carly, seeing May and Rayne like that, Nadia and Jamie, and also you mentioned your former bandmate Kimberly Gold getting married to Aurora Fortin and being the surrogate mother of her twins - what about you? Any relationships on the cards?
CF : What about me? Meh. I'm single, and if I find the right person that may change, but I'm not going to Bikkify it and go popping out babies every five seconds, wrecking my career in the process. Shadow Of My Former Self and MolotoV-Records come first.

Just to May ....
SCB : What do you think about Carly acquiring MolotoV-Records?
MH : I think that she'll be a fantastic label owner, she was good in Spice, but to be brutally honest, I'm afraid that she might abuse the power. I'm hoping against hope that Raven Comatose and Cody Goggin can keep her grounded!
SCB : What do you think of her new "style"?
MH : I like the way she looks. It's not something I would go for personally, but I think she looks great.
SCB : Thankyou, May Hardtime!

UserPostedImage
That's not just any leg, that's Miss Molotov's leg ....

.... and just to Carly

SCB : How many tattoos have you got now?
CF : A few, and I'm not done yet. Like my leg? This is what's on the MV-R logo, but in daylight.
SCB : Didn't that hurt?
CF : Yeh.
SCB : How good are you a bassist now, would you say?
CF : Not as good as I am a singer, and not exactly Rayzor or Somerset Bissell or James Kairiri or Davey Matlock, but I'm Carly and I'm not bad.
SCB : So, you don't consider yourself a 'pop star' any more. What do you think about the way May is moving forward from GirlSpice, and Nadia too?
CF : These girls need to learn that madcore is the way forward. Pop is so 2009. Bring it into 2010!
SCB : Why did you choose Raven Comatose to run MV-R with you and not May?
CF : I asked May first, but she didn't want to. Plus, Raven's co-run Midnight/Mythic, and she kicks arse in general.
SCB : And finally - you've taken on quite a lot here. You were one of five evens running Spice. In MV-R, you're the only president. Can you handle this?
CF : Course I can! Bring it!
SCB : Thankyou, Carly Ferguson!

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
[article by S. C. Cruz-Bishop for Delta Tau Entertainment]
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence