logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 12 January 2010 08:00:17(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan Ross Hernandez In Search For Female Guest(s)

Hard at work on his third solo record, Hernandez says he is hoping to have at least one collaboration.
By Jocelyn Viña, with reporting by Tim Russ.

UserPostedImage

Ryan Ross Hernandez is just off the heels of releasing his latest album, Dark Secret Love, last month. And while fans continue to enjoy trying to figure out which songs are about which of his former arm-candy which have been a few in between the process of making Dark Secret Love. Hernandez hasn't let his songwriting momentum settle down as he is already writing his follow-up. The new record will feature his first batch of collaborations, two to be exact.

"Nothing is set in stone. I don't want to overdue it, though. So two guest artist is the limit. But I would be happy if I can at least get this first one." he told MTV News, adding that in at least one of the collaborations he wants to have a female guest vocalist. "You know, I'm in the very early stages of the record, but for the songs that I currently have written there is one that I defiantly want a strong female voice on it."

Hernandez told MTV News that the idea for the song came to Hernandez in a dream. "I woke up with the song in my head. I had this song idea for 3 days straight stuck in my head, and it wouldn't leave," he recalled. "And the idea is that it's this real sort of updated — not that it needs to be updated — sort of Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks thing."

He added. "I thought, 'Well, if this is going to be my love letter to that style of music, who's going to be the Stevie Nicks in this equation?' And I think it is hard because the female circuit is really lacking, but the ones that are in music, for the most part are really talented."

Hernandez continued, "I'm currently looking for a killer [Stevie] 'Nicks' in contrast to my 'Tom [Petty]" of a song. In contrast to my previous work, musically it has a more rock-oriented sound. Although it is still built around blues."

Although Hernandez was open on his love for the song, he denied to comment on what the track is about. "You know what? It is too early for me to talk about that. I first want to have the guest set up, and at least have a rough draft of that record before I release more details on it."

Hernandez assures that, that song has to have a female vocalist but for the other guest collaboration, he says it is a toss up. "It can really go either way with the second guest. With the first, I have the song set and I know that it is either a female guest or nothing. But with the second one I have many songs that would fit in and it can be really anyone."

Now before a million amateurs start to e-mail and tweet Ryan, he made one thing clear. "It's not going to be first come, first serve basis. For whichever collaborations happen, I want a strong presence from the guest. I don't just want to make a duet with someone who is currently on their fifteen minutes of fame, because it will just turn my song to a fifteen minute fame. I want a collaboration that will still be heard on the radio, ten, twenty, thirty years from now. I'm looking for a girl, [on the song] that is going to be around for a long time."

Edited by user 12 January 2010 12:46:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#2 Posted : 12 January 2010 10:09:50(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Moquel: Very excited project to work with the talented, Ryan! Good luck. If you need any duet.. I'm up for anything project to advance my craft in!
UserPostedImage
Offline Historyy7  
#3 Posted : 12 January 2010 12:36:25(UTC)
Historyy7

I don't know if this would work but Silver Genegen of Acute Paranoia would enjoy doing a collaboration if you want her. You'll probably say no because.....well Silver is a gothic chick but she has a great voice(Think Cristina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil and Amy Lee of Evanescence). She also plays bass guitar. I hope you choose her but then again you'll probably have a lot of others to look at.

-Victor
President of Anti-Pop and Rhythm Guitarist and Singer of Ijsje. Vuur.

Edited by user 12 January 2010 12:41:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bikz wrote:
Antipop? Is this back to the beginning or what? Midnight/Mythic got more artists than you! WE PWNZ :D

Historyy7 wrote:
What am I not allowed to start a record label? Because if not I will delete it.

bikz wrote:
No, you are allowed to start a label. Never mind me, I'm being all nostalgic and mad. The first label I knew of was called Antipop, and it had the most artists at the time.

Historyy7 wrote:
Should I change the name? If so I will. It's no trouble at all.

bikz wrote:
It's OK, I'm talking like 2005 labels, maybe before, the founder's probably dead by now. If not, I can arrange that .... *rolls up sleeves* :P not really, it doesn't matter.

Bands:
Ijsje. Vuur. (Progcore(Punk, Progressive, Classical))(Think Beethoven meets Tool meets Bullet For My Valentine):
Record Label: Molotov Records (2009-2010), Anti-Pop Records (2010-present)

Acute Paranoia (Progcore, Goth Punk)(Think Lacuna Coil meets Mastodon)(In Roleplay Only)
Label: Anti-Pop (2010-present)

The Enders (Alternative Metal)(Think System of a Down and Tool)(In Roleplay Only)
Label: Independent

Evinco Est Validus (Art Punk, Avant-Progressive Rock, Melodic Hardcore) (Defunct)

Record Labels:
Anti-Pop Records

Offline PANIC!  
#4 Posted : 13 January 2010 09:53:10(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"All offers are being taken into serious consideration, I'm not bias to any genre. I'm just looking at the best fit for both parties, as said the record is in the very early stages so that gives me time to look at all aspects from both the artist that have contacted me and the ones I've contacted. Nothing is for sure at the moment, but I'll let more time pass by and more offers to come in before I make up my mind. But thank you, to anyone that is willing to work on my project it means a lot."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez
UserPostedImage