logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline troy211619  
#1 Posted : 18 January 2010 22:51:50(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
OOC: Sorry guys, the rp was delayed because of uncontrolable circumstances, so i'd just give information about the music video itself..

General Information
Negative is the first official music video and single of the British alternative rock band, Reckoner. It was shot on the morning of January 17, 2009 at the band's hometown, Teignmouth, Devon and featured cameos from Jason Smith of Mind and Shadow Of My Former Self. The video is to be released on the 20th of January while the single would be released on the 24th of January.

Plot
The music video begins with a group of young men who go into a store to shoplift. The owner of the store(Jason Smith) gets suspicious and calls the police. After a chase, one of the boys was caught and was revealed to be the son of a well known local policeman so he spent the night at jail. Flashbacks run throughout the video as the young man begins writing a message on a piece of paper. It is revealed that the boy has been jailed numerous times with his gang because of different cases like vandalism, robbery, and beating up a school teacher, but it is also revealed that he is innocent and never directly committed those crimes but is only hanging out with the gang at those times thus being involved. The day he was released, the gang met up with him and tell him of their new business dealing drugs and that they were going to buy supplies that night. He spent hours thinking about what he has done in his life and finally made up his mind about turning the gang in. That night, he called through a phonebooth informing his dad about the drug dealing and apologized for all the things he has done wrong and told him how much he loved him before hanging up, he then puts the piece of paper he was writing on earlier in the video in his pocket and runs off with his friends. The drug dealers(Shadow Of My Former Self) then meet up with the guys at an abandoned warehouse and just as they are about to exchange briefcases, the police arrive. The drug dealers draw out their guns and begin shooting at the police, the police then return fire. The young man runs away from the drug dealers but is shot at the chest and lies on the floor with blood flowing out of his body. Just as the drug dealers escape, the father of the young man begins to cry as he kneels before his son's critically wounded body and before the son dies, he brings out the piece of paper and gives it a kiss before giving it to his father who cries even louder(the message in the paper was never revealed to the camera). Just as the son dies, he wakes up on the floor and sees the band surrounding him, Troy then reaches his hand out to the young man and they walk away into a bright light, the young man gets one last glimpse of his father before leaving to the other side with the band.

Reaction of the Band
This is what Troy Mascenon had to say about the video
"The video was brilliant, wasn't an exact interpretation of the song but the message was just touching and we really like the way Dale did his work, We hope to make more inspiring videos like this in the future."

Cast
Young Man-Fred Holster

Policeman-Chris Strutter

Store Owner-Jason Smith Of Mind

Drug Dealers-Raven Comatose
Carly Ferguson
May Hardtime
Chris Pratt
Rayne Berry

The Gang-Stanley Downe
Steve Lee
Evan Strong
Hugh Lawler

Policemen-Greg Donahue
Stewart Hogg
Lucy Newton
John Howard

Heavenly Spirits-Reckoner

Message of the Band
"Thank you to Dale Tucker who directed the music video and did a wonderful job. Thank you to Jason Smith of Mind, to everyone in Shadow Of My Former Self and to all the fans who starred in the music video. Thank you to the local officials in Teignmouth for letting us shoot the video with no trouble, and finally thank you to everyone who supported our band throughout the making of our single and music video, you have done a great help and we love you all!!!"

Edited by user 18 January 2010 22:55:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 18 January 2010 23:23:31(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Carly : It was an amazing concept video and us four had a good time filming it. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!
Rayne : Ha ha, Carly looked like the leader with all her tattoos, I looked like the deputy and the skinny fucker who's been on too much, May looked like the pop star who's secretly on crack, and Chrissy looked like some poor sod we'd captured for his money or whatever. Brilliant.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Laurelles1  
#3 Posted : 19 January 2010 03:32:59(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason: That was awesome fun to do and a great song. It will be huge. Best of luck!
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#4 Posted : 20 January 2010 19:48:31(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Troy:Thank you guys for the support! It was nice having all of you, hope to work with you again someday..
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 20 January 2010 22:39:37(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Sorry I couldn't stay and be in it, but considering .... things, with Jakey and Kahlen .... it'd be below the belt to make me assume that role in the video.
Also, even if I did stay, you'd get a load of bad publicity, maybe even the video banned, for connecting me with drugs. Just looking out.
Apologies again,
Raven Comatose x
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline troy211619  
#6 Posted : 21 January 2010 06:32:49(UTC)
troy211619

Man

OOC: actually it was really my plan to get the video banned, but only in the US..
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#7 Posted : 21 January 2010 06:57:46(UTC)
bikz

Woman

troy211619 wrote:
OOC: actually it was really my plan to get the video banned, but only in the US..

OOC : May as well ignore that and put her in the video then. Maybe not the whole reason it's banned, but some leverage, something people would complain about. (:
UserPostedImage