logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline uberdaveman  
#1 Posted : 11 February 2010 16:33:11(UTC)
uberdaveman

Groups: Registered
Man

WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR SAGE THRASHER

UserPostedImage

What is Sage Thrasher?

Sage Thrasher, despite the name, is not a thrash band. We don't really like to define ourselves, we're like a mix of Cat Stevens circa 1973 mixed with Bon Jovi circa 1985 with a splash of Johnny Cash circa 1955-2003 for flavor. Mmmm.... that's good Johnny Cash.

Who is Sage Thrasher? (these bios were written by other band members)

Leon "Vocals" Henderson - Vocals: Always seeming to be missing at least one article of clothing, Leon has the voice of Louie Anderson and the range of Alan Greenspan, somehow he is the best singer in the Band. Mostly calm and generally silent, Leon only really opens up while on stage.

Jimmy Von Noodlenose - Guitar/Backing Vocals: Saying Jimmy plays kind of loud would be like saying Salvador Dali was a little off. The recipient of hundreds of noise complaints, he had a payment system established with the city by the age of 17. As a high school graduation present he received a sound proofed jam shed, from the mayor no less.

Horton Q - Bass: With an intellect that would rival a carrot's, Horton has been known to pick fights with inanimate objects, and lose. Nonetheless, he is a superb bassist and frequent lyricist and songwriter for the band. This explains everything.

Jon "Replaceable" Jones - Drums: Living in constant fear of being replaced by a different drummer is what drives Jon to practice so hard. Thanks to all this practice he has become irreplaceable, but don't tell him that.

Where is Sage Thrasher?

We are currently based in the bustling metropolis of Corvallis, Oregon (look it up) at least until we all graduate. And judging by Horton's grades that'll be in about 2015.

When is Sage Thrasher?

We assume you mean when did we form, in which case the answer is late 2003.

How is Sage Thrasher

We quite good how are you?
I hate signatures, but I love you.

Sage Thrasher:
Leon "Vocals" Henderson - Vocals
Jimmy Von Noodlenose - Guitar/Backing Vocals
Horton Q - Bass
Jon "Replaceable" Jones - Drums
Offline TheCDs  
#2 Posted : 11 February 2010 16:50:57(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Mike Peck: I guess the logical next step is: Why is Sage Thrasher?

OOC: I did lol a bit at the band bios.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline uberdaveman  
#3 Posted : 11 February 2010 17:02:02(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

Jimmy: Mike, to answer your question we must first create the universe. After that it's as simple as riding a bike.
Horton: Is this a bike with or without training wheels? Becaue it makes a big difference you know...

Sage Thrasher:
Horton Q - Bass
Offline gumba  
#4 Posted : 12 February 2010 01:33:50(UTC)
gumba

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
It doesn't sound like I'd like your music, but I definitely like you guys, so I'll have to give you guys a listen. If I still don't like you, maybe we could hang out. Just don't play any of that "music" you guys like.

- Nick Edmondson
Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)
Offline uberdaveman  
#5 Posted : 12 February 2010 04:23:18(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

Leon: Hey Nick thanks for checking us out. It's ok if you don't like our music, we're not too fond of it ourselves. Let's get drinks sometime, just be carefull of Jimmy. He's like a gremlin, don't let him drink after midnight, it's not pretty.
Jimmy: It's true, I can't hold my liquor.

Edited by user 13 February 2010 12:16:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sage Thrasher:
Horton Q - Bass
Offline uberdaveman  
#6 Posted : 20 February 2010 15:41:47(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

IN DEPTH PROFILES

Leon "Vocals" Henderson
UserPostedImage
Created in 1983 by Mr. and Mrs. Henderson, Leon began singing or "vocalizing", as he calls it, at the tender age of 22 after he discovered the acoustic properties of his shower. To this day Leon says ever since this earth-shattering revelation, he is not comfortable performing fully clothed. “It's like, writing with the wrong hand, you know? I've tried to do it normal, but I'm always like, 'Why am I wearing this shirt or these pants or this codpiece?' then I, ya know, go for it, and then I can relax. I tell ya man, there's nothing like beltin' out something in just socks, a headband, and a very long and wide tie, it's downright liberating." Unfortunately, this has caused Sage Thrasher to be banned in a number of cities, states, and in one case, from the country of Liechtenstein.

Jimmy Von Noodlenose
UserPostedImage
An insatiable hunger for noise fills Jimmy, often exploding as a long string of expletives. Having previously tried anger management with disastrous results, Jimmy has since enrolled in an anger expression course to better utilize his unbridled rage. “I really don’t know why I get like that sometimes, I mean don’t get me wrong, I f*****g love it! I can’t even f*****g begin to f*****g count how many guitars I’ve f****d up because they sounded like if an a******k s**t out a l********n that was strummin’ a g*****n ukulele! And I’m not apologizing for my language, ya p***y p*****g prudes!” Subsequently, Jimmy is required by court order to have his mouth duct taped shut when the band might be around young children, preachers, or the elderly.

Horton Q
UserPostedImage
Full name Horton Gordon Quimberly, “Q,” as he is affectionately called, is the band’s main songwriter. With such lines like “I’m the Tiki god of Minneapolis” and “moustaches are the only things that truly frighten me,” one wonders were Horton gets his inspiration. “Well, I start with a bottle of liquor and a wooden board, I take a shot and then hit myself in the head with the board, when I start seeing triple, then I start writin’. Also drugs, lots and lots o’ drugs, I really can’t stress the drugs part enough.” Horton’s idols are Sid Vicious as a bassist, Bob Dylan as a lyricist, and Cthulu as a deity.

Jon 'Replaceable" Jones
UserPostedImage
Easily the most talented member of the band, which is kind of like being the thinnest kid at fat camp, Jon Jones was given the nickname “Replaceable” as the band had gone though twelve drummers in three months. Being incredibly superstitious, Jon immediately took it as a bad omen and began to practice feverishly. “I mean, you don’t think they’d ever actually do away with me do you? The guy before me was real solid and they’ve talked about getting him back. I can’t go back to pumpin’ gas! I gotta go work on the set some more.” It should come at no surprise that Jon is an avid conspiracy theorist and is convinced that octopus-people from Jupiter are dumping cyanide into the water for tongue-control purposes.

Edited by user 20 February 2010 15:42:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sage Thrasher:
Horton Q - Bass