logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 16 February 2010 10:29:31(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Our Resident Bluesman Will Grace the Cover of Rolling Stone (March 2010)

Ryan Ross Hernandez in His Own Words : Rolling Stone Interview

Ryan Ross Hernandez may be the king of the confessional on his records, but all his heart-grouching, soulful missives about relationships, love, the lack thereof and being the occasional a--hole don’t measure up to the explosion of deeply personal details he reveals to Christopher Montgomery in the new issue of Rolling Stone, on sale at your local newsstands out February 23.

Given the type of news coverage he gets, it may surprise you to learn that Ryan Ross Hernandez is also a musician. He made his name with rock/pop band, PANIC!, for most of the past 6 years and within two years he was rewarded with his first Birdie win, followed by praise from every corner of the music industry as the lead guitarist, main composer, co-lyricist and occasional vocalist for the group out of Tennessee. From blues masters to rock stars to Nashville standouts. His gentle voice and introspective lyrics looked back to 1970s songwriters like James Taylor, and his guitar playing was versatile and masterful.

If Hernandez was mute, and only let his music do the talking he would be universally loved. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. In early-2007, PANIC! broke through the music charts. With the release of their third studio album, Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner, a record that some have called "pop-punk perfection", the band quickly became loved by tweens around the world. When they began to top the charts around the world, Ryan Ross Hernandez' wallet started expanding. By 2008, he was out of his quiet two-bedroom apartment in the outsides of downtown Nashville to a multimillion dollar nine-bedroom villa in a gated community outside L.A known to house many fellow celebrities. As soon as he started making many famous friends, dating A-list Hollywood actresses, and seen out-and-about at nightclubs and dining at 5-star restaurants in Los Angeles, New York City, and Miami, Hernandez became a media-sweetheart.

Despite all those new distractions, Ryan never stopped making music. In 2008, Hernandez' announced his solo career which just continued his bands' footsteps, success-wise. There hadn’t been a new solo male rock star in the music business since Lenny Kravitz, and Hernandez fit the bill. He wrote hit songs—the ballads “Your Arms Feel Like Home,” which went to number one, “A Never-Ending Trip to Heartbreak” and “(I Know) The World Is Black & White,” the peppy and clever “From Now On We Are; Friends, Lovers, or Enemies,” the bluesy “Loneliness Is My New Best Friend” and the soulful “Something's Missing”—that were solidly constructed from warm sentiments and sophisticated music detail. He wrote “some of the most women—friendly anthems this side of Eve Ensler,” one journalist swooned. Not since Sting had a male singer been both so popular and so respected.

And so handsome, too. Hernandez, a taut six-foot-three, was soon dating the kind of beauties who populate magazine covers. For the last 2 years, we've only seen the much wanted bachelor with equally wanted A-list Hollywood celebrities around his arm; Rachel MacDonald, Michelle Flanagan, Jill Casey, Katie Beckett, and most recent Emily Williams. Which has lead the media to speculate he only dates fellow celebrities to bring himself more attention. Alongside his music career he’s lately had a parallel life as a tabloid topic, due to his romance with actress Emily Williams. They were together from March 2009 to January 2010. Right before he and Williams split, Hernandez released Dark Secret Love, the best record of his career, a set of related songs in which he mourns lost love, rejoices in his independence and castigates himself for romantic failure. The album has been rumored to have fueled problems between the two.

Hernandez grew up in Miami, Florida, a only child raised by his single-mother. Ryan has never been willing to talk much about his childhood, the only thing we know is that he has never meet his father and that he considers his grandmother as more of a mother than his birth mother. Ryan's musical knowledge led him to Middle Tennessee Sate University, which he left after two semesters after he joined a band called Secret Lovers, which later became known as PANIC!. He admits to being really shy, up until he was sixteen, he has said in past interviews that he didn't have his first kiss or girlfriend until he was seventeen. He is beloved (though not universally) as one of the few uncensored stars, speaking with wit and impetuousness. He fills his Twitter feed with quips and advice, returning often to a few favorite topics: his dreams, his love of junk food, criticizing the music his fellow peers make and having sex. Hernandez has been “creating a new paradigm of fame,” veteran music blogger Bob Lester for Spin Magazine wrote. As another journalist puts it, “Hernandez takes self-awareness to new postmodern heights,” like a american football player who provides “color commentary on his own career.”

Rolling Stone contributing editor met with Hernandez twice: first at the singer’s $19.5 million nine-bedroom villa in a gated community outside L.A., where Hernandez poured glasses of 16-year-old Lagavulin neat; and then over lunch in Brooklyn a few hours before he taped his performance for VH1 Storytellers. Montgomery reports, “Ryan Ross Hernandez talks the way he plays guitar solos—the words tumble out fast, like notes, and he may go on for as long as five minutes. He’ll jump out into different themes and suddenly slip in a new idea, but he always returns to his initial theme. He’s a prodigious talker, and he always brought up touchy subjects—his relationships with ex-girlfriends, or his reputation as a douche bag—before I mentioned them, to show he wasn’t afraid to address them. From his soft-spoken songs you can’t tell how stubborn and defiant he is. Or how much he loves talking about sex. Or how mischievous he is. When I met him in the kitchen of his L.A. home he was talking about not talking anymore: ‘I think the world would be better off if I stopped doing interviews,’ he said. So we started there.”

PART ONE ; up later tonight

Edited by user 19 February 2010 14:19:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#2 Posted : 16 February 2010 12:17:20(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

PART ONE;

Rolling Stone: What’s strange about this time in your life?

HERNANDEZ: In one way or another, people probably know my name now. I’m squarely nestled in the crosshairs of their criticism and media reproach. I originally played music because I was an underdog, because I didn’t want to be in school, and it always had this quality of an uprising. When you first start out, you want people to know you. There is a quality of the unknown that is very sexy—like thinking, There might be a girl in this crowd who will have a conversation with me because she knows my music. For me, it has never been about fucking lots of girls. I could have fucked a lot more girls in my life if I hadn’t been trying so hard to get them to like me. If I have a conversation with a really hot girl that lasts all night and she says, “Wow, I had no idea I was going to like you this much,” that is the equivalent, for me, of getting high.

Rolling Stone: So how has that changed?

HERNANDEZ: I’m no longer playing music so I can walk into a party and talk to chicks, because people know who I am now. In fact, now I have a sort of negative connotation with that. [laughs] It’s a headache, you know?

Rolling Stone: Meeting girls is a headache? You have to explain that.

HERNANDEZ: I hate being the heartbreaker. Hate it. If I date somebody and it doesn’t work out, it’s another nightmare for me. I don’t like the way the odds are stacked. If I date nine more girls before I get married—which I think would be completely appropriate—that would be nine more spats of character assassination. I don’t equate sex with release, I equate it with tension. It’s given me a lot of pause. Somewhere in my brain it has probably really fucked me up.

Rolling Stone: But who cares if people assassinate your character?

HERNANDEZ: I do. I just do. I consider myself a good guy, with the best of intentions. Anybody who has been in a relationship with me would stand by the fact that I’ve never been callous. I’ve never been a bad boy. I may have taken someone through the wringer psychologically, but I’ve never been sinister.

Rolling Stone: So you’ve lost the motivation of playing music to meet girls.

HERNANDEZ: If I was playing it so I could meet hot chicks, I’ve met hot chicks, quote unquote. If I was playing it to make a ton of money, I’ve made a ton of money. If I was playing it to be well-known, I am well-known. Once you put aside girls and money, it forces you to realign your motivation for being a musician. Now I’m not a have-not but a have. Which is interesting, because music has to come from a have-not sort of place. And there are many places where I have-not.

Rolling Stone: What motivates you now?

HERNANDEZ: My motivation is to prove people wrong, to confuse them. I enjoy the challenge—I must be addicted to the challenge. I’ve gone from being a musician to being a celebrity. And when people do that, their work usually suffers. There are tunes on Dark Secret Love that are more applicable to other people’s lives than anything I’ve ever written before. This whole time I’ve stayed vulnerable, stayed frustrated, stayed confused. This record is the trade-off to having sort of brutalized myself for a few years. So if people see that over the past couple of years I actually got a firmer grip on writing songs about the ups and downs of life, they might go, “How did he have the time to make a record? Was he writing ‘Fight On Until the Darkness Overtakes Us’ in the middle of me thinking he was a douche bag? Did I ever actually know him? Maybe he’s a pretty solid guy.”

Rolling Stone: What if you were to google the phrase Ryan Ross Hernandez is a douche bag?

HERNANDEZ: You’d get a lot of hits. It’s this whole perception thing about tabloids, where 97 percent of the stories are not true. If you align yourself to be exactly who you know you are and to have dignity, maybe through that distorted lens you look askew to everyone else. I’ve done away with feeling aloof and trying to seem suave and bulletproof. I’ve resigned myself to being slightly awkward and goofballish.

Rolling Stone: It seems as though you realize that celebrities who complain don’t generate much sympathy.

HERNANDEZ: I have never once said “I wish the press would leave me alone.” With Twitter, I can show my real voice. Here’s me thinking about stuff: “Wouldn’t it be cool if you could download food?” It has been important for me to keep communicating, even when magazines were calling me a rat and saying I was writing a book.

Rolling Stone: Who did that?

HERNANDEZ: Star magazine at one point said I was writing a tell-all book for $10 million. On Star’s cover it said what a rat! My entire life I’ve tried to be a nice guy. The best I ever felt was when I date a girl and find out her friends approve of me, I love it. I love being liked! I’ve given microscopic dedication to doing the right thing, taking the high road, and all of a sudden Star magazine says, “He’s a rat.” I can’t tell you it didn’t give me that much more bloodlust to do what people thought I couldn’t do.

Rolling Stone: That means you are fond of the fact that your are a media staple?

HERNANDEZ: I wouldn't say fond, I'm more knowledgeable of the fact. It's so interesting how success hits people and how they react to it. I remember reading Pearl Jam saying that after Ten, "I wish we hadn't gotten this big." I read that, and I go, "Well, then give it back. Someone else will use it." The idea that phenomenal success is something to wish away... I don't understand it. I hope I sell 100 billion trillion copies of whatever I put out, but if you're that guy, then next time out, don't write a hit song.

I love being a famous musician but I don't like the [intimate details of my] relationship to be known. It just makes me severely, severely uncomfortable, as I believe it would make anybody uncomfortable. How did we get to where we actually say this: "Why do I watch that? It's like a car crash, you can't look away." Guess what? I look away at car crashes, and I know people who look away at car crashes, because it makes us uncomfortable to watch other people in pain.

Personally, I want to watch somebody entertain me safely without the sense that I'm going to fall through the net and crash with them. Personally, I want to see somebody who is a trained professional entertaining me. I want to be selling as many records as I can without losing my ways, because that is a "well done, America."

Rolling Stone: It sounds simple, but it’s not: Dark Secret Love is an album about love.

HERNANDEZ: Sure. It’s an album about love in this day and age, and at my age, 22.

Rolling Stone: There are some angry, accusatory songs on the record, but there are also self-critical songs. It goes through all the changing moods you have on the worst night of your life.

HERNANDEZ: Yeah, Dark Secret Love is that feeling between 10 p.m. and two a.m. on a Friday or Saturday night when you have this wild level of arousal and optimism. It’s about the things people do to each other during those hours. I have wasted four hours of my life, believing that somehow the phone would ring and I’d get a call from somebody I hadn’t talked to in years.

Rolling Stone: The phone will ring and your life will change?

HERNANDEZ: Yeah. It’s like looking for a fix. I’ll spend four hours not even putting anything into motion, just believing somehow it’s going to come my way.

Rolling Stone: Everyone seems to have a different opinion on both your professional and personal lives. How do you see yourself?

HERNANDEZ: You know, I remember reading biographies of my favorite musicians [when I was a teenager] — and I always knew growing up, I wanted to be a great musician and be a good guy because if you're a badass and you're nice and you're engaging, then no one else has an excuse. It became part of the thing I wanted to do — to be excellent and kind. I don't drink, I don't drugs, yet I'm still associated with the bad-side of Hollywood. I proud myself on not getting so drunk that I can't remember the next morning. I proud myself on not having sex with a woman I don't know.

It's ridiculous to be able to have a $20 million vintage watch collection, and it's also ridiculous to be able to have somebody climbing the hill across from your house and taking pictures of you. And it's ridiculous to worry about your friends from high school, them getting upset for you not calling enough, then denouncing you. I used to want to repurpose the word "douchebag." If somebody's going to keep calling me one, I'm going to own it.

Rolling Stone: You talked before about being an underdog. What were you like at 16?

HERNANDEZ: I wasn’t paying attention in school. I was barely passing my classes. I would come home and listen to music, playing for all the moments I had that day when I couldn’t feel alive. I would fall asleep to music because I thought it would keep playing in my sleep. I had 100s of albums on my computer, and I would load it up with Charlie Parker, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Kenny Burrell and Bill Evans and play CDs while I did anything. Like somehow, by osmosis, the music was getting into me. It was the only way I could build enough armor to go back to school the next day.

Rolling Stone: So I'm guessing you weren't Prom King?

HERNANDEZ: [laughs] No. Of course not. I wish I was though. I wasn’t smoking cigarettes or drinking, and I wasn’t trying to hook up. I wasn’t going to parties. I remember being in my room when there was a party across town, sitting in my room and pretending I was at the party and playing for them. I remember saying to myself, If I have to sleep on a pool table every night on tour, I’ll do it. I always had that desire to be a rock star.

Rolling Stone: Do you still have a chip on your shoulder?

HERNANDEZ: Yep. I have an extremely tall antenna that reaches high into the sky and brings in a lot of cool stuff but also a lot of unnecessary stuff. If I hadn’t had my upbringing, I would have probably been like, “Yeah, this is fun. Cool.” But right now I still have “See? See, motherfucker?”

PART 2 ; probably up sometime tomorrow

(OOC: Feel free to comment. Be warned part 2 has much more raunchy responses. This interview is the beginning of a controversial RRH storyline.)
UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#3 Posted : 17 February 2010 12:29:17(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

PART TWO;

Rolling Stone: You put in a lot of hours playing the guitar, but it also seems you were quick to pick up music theory, harmony, composition.

HERNANDEZ: I’m wired for it. I’m lucky I found a thing I was wired for, and I found it at 15. I’ve already won one of the biggest gambles of all time, which was to forgo an education so I could pursue a real all-or-none scenario. I look pretty fucking smart for having done that, though it doesn’t change the fact that it was crazy.

Rolling Stone: You have a level of self-consciousness that seems like it could be exhausting.

HERNANDEZ: Maybe that’s the douche bag part of it. Maybe I’m so meta-aware that it’s off-putting to people. But I’m old enough to know I need to change. I’m getting tired of the illusion of control. I think I’ve made my best record now, at my lowest point of confidence.

Rolling Stone: You wanted to become a rock star, and now that you are one, it’s ruined your confidence? That’s odd.

HERNANDEZ: Lately I’ve realized it’s okay to enjoy being a rock star. Like, it might actually be fun to wear sunglasses in the airport and sit in the first-class lounge as a fucking rock star who’s about to go on a world tour. I had related it to something so painful, so frustrating, so confusing, that it would give me a tension headache. Being a famous musician seemed to have brought misunderstanding and strife and a fist in the back of the head when I read something about myself. I wrote this line yesterday: “Someday soon these will just be things we used to do.” I’m sort of making a list of all the things I know I’m going to laugh at myself for taking so seriously.

Rolling Stone: So you can already imagine your future?

HERNANDEZ: This is going to sound odd, but sometimes I meet the 30-year-old me and say, “What do I do?” And 30-year-old me says, “Don’t do every scheduled interview. Go to the zoo instead. You’re going to be fine, you knucklehead. Stop overthinking what people say.” I’m trying to fold over time, to see it as a random-access hard disk where I can move to any point in time and change the way I see today.

Rolling Stone: Why 30-year-old you?

HERNANDEZ: By 30, hopefully, I'll have my life at the place I imagine it in my head. Retired from music, doing some acting here and there but just really focusing on me, you know. By 30, I want to find that perfect woman that makes me dream about making her my wife.

Rolling Stone: That is rather strange. Not many musicians call it quits when their 30, in fact some would consider that their prime.

HERNANDEZ: I look at it from the standpoint of a football player. By 30, I would have done this music game for 12 years. If I make 50 million dollars a year for the next 8 years, I'd be set for life. At 30, I don't want to be touring or feeling time-pressure to record music. I'll still be producing music and I'll be acting but I don't want that hectic schedule of a artist when I turn 30. I think 8 more years is a good amount of time, after which, I shall ride into the sunset.

Rolling Stone: You said there are still things you don’t have. What are those things?

HERNANDEZ: I could make anybody understand that my life is not all rainbows and unicorns, but why would I want to? I’m sort of selling them the idea that it’s rainbows and unicorns. I could explain that, in fact, I’m not a douche bag, but that would be at the expense of believing in magic. I don’t want to tear down the facade. People want to imagine that if they get a record deal, they can buy a Ferrari. People need that. I don’t want to take that away from people. Anything I don’t have is a direct descendant of the things I do have. I mean, let’s say there’s a 12 percent chance I’ll never marry and have kids because the music career fucked me in some way. If that’s the case, I still know it’s my calling. I hold out hope that there’s a way to be a supernatural being onstage and an extremely natural being at home.

Rolling Stone: Why are you so anxious about the possibility of never getting married?

HERNANDEZ: What if I meet a woman and it’s love at first sight, and this woman has the greatest night of her life by telling me to fuck off because she knows my reputation? I always say, “Turning me down is the new sleeping with me.” What is a guy supposed to say to a girl who says “You do this all the time”? Girls always say that. Sometimes they say “I’ve been warned about you.” But I can undo that in a couple of days. I have a line for that: “Keep your warning for a while; let’s take it slow.”

Rolling Stone: Were you one of those people who thought fame would be rainbows and unicorns?

HERNANDEZ: I had a conversation about fame with Ashley [Perry, PANIC! lead vocalist] right before moving to Hollywood. She knew about my relationship with Rachel [MacDonald], and she said, “Do you understand what this entails?” Two weeks later I had people outside my house. I was smart enough to know it would probably make me a salable item for the paparazzi. I knew I’d have to move to a home that had a gate. But that pearl of possibility that lives in your heart when you meet somebody you want to know more about has such a different molecular density than everything else that you have to pursue it. And I wouldn’t undo it, man. Because if it had worked out, I would have reaped the benefits. I would be sitting here saying, “What I have when I go home is the thing I’ve always wanted.”

Rolling Stone: Have any of your past girlfriends heard Dark Secret Love?

HERNANDEZ: Yes. Emily has. I played it for her as the record was being made. As for the rest, it is a toss-up.

Rolling Stone: What did she say?

HERNANDEZ: Look, there’s a level of honesty in that record that probably made her uncomfortable, but I couldn’t let that change the way I wrote songs. She understood that. There were moments when she said, “What’s that line?” Like, “That’s not about me, is it?” When she heard Dark Secret Love she just wanted to be able to say “I want to know that you hold me correctly in your heart.”

Rolling Stone: What percentage of the album is about Williams?

HERNANDEZ: I don’t want to say. I feel bad because people think “A Never-Ending Trip to Heartbreak” is about her. I want to go on record saying it’s not. That song is about sort-of a love-hate relationship. It is autobiographical about an ex but it is not about Emily. That woman would never put anyone through hurting someone on purpose. That woman was the most communicative, sweetest, kindest person. When people hear the record, I hope the songs make them think about their lives, not my life. Like, when you listen to Coldplay, do you think about Gwyneth Paltrow? I don’t write songs in order to stick it to my exes. I don’t release underground dis tracks. [laughs] All I'll say is that I've never written and will never write a negative song about Emily.

Rolling Stone: You’ve rarely talked about your past relationships with other celebrities. All those women have rarely talked about you.

HERNANDEZ: I just have a regard for their feelings that is pretty intense. Whether they've been a year long relationship or a three month relationship, they've been deep relationships, and it’s no longer taking place at all. Have you ever loved somebody, loved her completely, but had to end the relationship for life reasons?

Rolling Stone: Did you send any of your past girlfriends a copy of the CD after it was done?

HERNANDEZ: Yes. My two most recent girlfriends, Katie and Emily I have personally handed them a copy of it.

Rolling Stone: For any particular reason?

HERNANDEZ: No. I just felt if they've been inspirations for me, as I wrote the album they deserve a right to hear it.

Rolling Stone: In the past, you've mentioned that you just have to please the girls with your music. What do you mean by that?

HERNANDEZ: My hits are not hits. "Your Arms Feel Like Home" is the biggest hit I've ever had, maybe ever will have. There wasn't a ton of music in that song. It's a novelty tune. I don't have GirlSpice or Madison O'Leary-sized hits; I'm trying to get hits on my terms, hits without selling out the musicality. I'm well aware that every night I look out at the crowd, I'd say 88% of the audience at my shows are women. I know that those 88% of women bring in the biggest sells for me, so why not just embrace the fact. I don't have a problem with it at all. Better than seeing a sea of dudes.

Rolling Stone: You've been very outspoken in the past when it comes to your political beliefs. But you've never said what particular political party you have voted for in the past. Are you even any particular political party?

HERNANDEZ: [laughs] I'm a white guy, I'm rich, and I'm not gay. What party do you think I support? Of course I'm a Republican voter. Blacks, low income people, and homosexuals are the only ones that vote Democratic.

Rolling Stone: Aren't those a little stereotypical comments?

HERNANDEZ: That's how I was brought up. My household was either the greatest sarcastic group of people or the most stereotypical people since the 50's. The only person I really loved growing up was my grandmother but I have no problem saying that she was so stereotypical. Whenever she heard about a crime on the news, she always thought it was the black guy or the illegal immigrant. She is very Catholic, she sticks to those beliefs 'til death. So of course, I grew up in a very close-minded environment. That's why there hasn't been any homosexuals in my family. If their were you'd probably get your ass kicked every member of the family would take turns.

Rolling Stone: So you are both a Republican, Conservative and were brought up in a very anti-homosexual environment. I'm guessing you don't support same-sex marriage?

HERNANDEZ: I don't have a problem with it. I'm very neutral to it because I'm not very religious unlike my family. I know I'm gonna get shit for that but I'd be lying if I said I was in favor or against it. You shouldn't be asking a guy who compares marriage to suicide.

Rolling Stone: You understand that those are the types of comments that get you in hot water and lead to people calling you a asshole?

HERNANDEZ: It depends on what I picked up. If a guy listens to my music, nine out of ten would say I'm a fucking fagget. If a women listens to my music, 99% of them would say I'm God's gift to women. My hit songs are the ones I've written when I was in a shithole, emotionally. If you think those songs are pandering, then you’ll think I’m a douche bag. It’s like I come on very strong. And if you can’t handle me being realistic, then I’m a douche bag. But I think the world needs a little real. I bring a new, deeper meaning to real.

Rolling Stone: Well many of your peers criticize you for being a douche bag to other musicians. Do you ever feel that you should just keep your mouth shut and just ignore the music you dislike?

HERNANDEZ: Why should I? I live in the United States. I can say whatever the fuck and I want and get away with it. If I want I could go in front of the White House and yell, "Fuck you Obama! You suck!". If voicing my opinion is being a douche bag then yes by all means I am a douche. The biggest ever! If pop divas don't like me criticizing their music they can either A) cry themselves to sleep or B) just make better music.

Rolling Stone: You have been very critical when it comes to well most music. We know what music you dislike, what about the music you enjoy from current artist?

HERNANDEZ: Pass.

Rolling Stone: You serious?

HERNANDEZ: Yes I am. I pass. Next question.

Rolling Stone: Well you've been known for dating, God knows how many celebrities, whether it be actresses or supermodels. But you've never dated a fellow musician, is that some unwritten rule you have?

HERNANDEZ: No, not really. I guess I've just never been very attracted to any fellow artist. Although I do believe their are some that are very attractive. I just won't to date a musician because I want to be the only person in a relationship that is one. So, when we break-up I get to write a record about it, I wouldn't want to hear a record about me.

Rolling Stone: Let’s put some names out there. Let’s get specific.

HERNANDEZ: Before I start, I just want to clarify that I would never date a musician I'd sleep with them. Well, all-girl groups are all attractive, I wouldn't mind coming out drunk of a club in Los Angeles with all the Dynamite chicks with lipstick all over my face going, "Double jeopardy bitch!". New artist Alicia Lena is very attractive, which is strange 'cause I'm into black girls a lot but she is like "I'd sleep with you and actually stay until the morning"-material. Madison O'Leary in some strange way I find attractive. But at the same time she might even be stronger than me, so that would freak me out a little. Nadia, that former GirlSpice chick, is extremely attractive, like, crazy white girl attractive which that is the best kind of fuck.

PART 3 ; up tomorrow evening

Edited by user 18 February 2010 10:13:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#4 Posted : 17 February 2010 12:38:58(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
OOC: I don't know why more people haven't commented, this is possibly the best interview rp I've ever read. Keep it up.
Offline Regan  
#5 Posted : 17 February 2010 12:51:22(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Good interview. I remember when the media would always chase me around. These days I just try to stay as secret as possible about my personal life so no media won't come printing off fake tabloids of nothing that I truely said. Bunch of bitches. But I guess that's just how it is once you become famous and keep it that way?
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline PANIC!  
#6 Posted : 18 February 2010 10:14:44(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

PART THREE;

Rolling Stone: In the last two years, you've become one of those famous artist that is hated by as many people that love them. Do you believe that you becoming a celebrity has affected the way people feel about your music.

HERNANDEZ: That is a double-sided sword. Because if you already hate me without listening to my music just on comments I make in a magazine or on TV, then you wouldn't let my music change your mind 'cause your head is already brainwashed by the previous to make you believe that everything I do or say is just me being a dick. What is being a celebrity about? It’s making the most of your life, not taking a single moment for granted. Taking something that’s seen as a struggle and making it work for you, or you’ll die inside. That’s what “A Never-Ending Trip to Heartbreak” is all about, I've reached a certain amount of fame that makes it difficult to trust the women I date. I feel that is the reason why I have to date actresses or someone that I don't have to worry about being with me because I have money or I have fame.

Rolling Stone: You said that song isn’t about Williams. Why is it important for people to know that?

HERNANDEZ: I’m very protective of Emily.

Rolling Stone: Do you still love her?

HERNANDEZ: Yes, always. I’ll always be sorry that it didn’t last. In some ways I wish I could be with her. But I can’t change the fact that I need to be 22.

Rolling Stone: Last December in an interview she pointed out that the titles of her films closely parallel her private life. Then she said if anyone director had “a project titled Everlasting Love With an Adult, Stable Male.” It seems as if she was referring to you.

HERNANDEZ: I imagine I’ve got something to do with that. Parts of me aren’t 22. My ability to go deep with somebody is old soul. My ability to commit and be faithful is old soul. But 22 just comes roaring out of me at points when I don’t see it coming. I want to call a bunch of lady friends over and have drinks with them. I want to get on an airplane and be like a ninja. I want to be an explorer. I want to be like The Bourne Identity. I don’t want to pet dogs in the kitchen.

Rolling Stone: That’s not so weird for a 22-year-old.

HERNANDEZ: Right. For a long time I was asking, “What’s wrong with me?” I spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on therapy for people to say, “Nothing is wrong.” I had seen splitting up with her as akin to burning an American flag. Do you know what I mean? I considered myself a villain.

Rolling Stone: How did you feel like a villain?

HERNANDEZ: I felt as though I’d done something wrong and was going to be punished for it. When the media picked up on it, it was the worst fucking week of my life. I found notes on the gates outside my home: “I work for Us Weekly; I’d like to talk to you.” I’m working out at the gym, and next to me on the elliptical trainer I see a woman I think already approached me and said she was with In Touch. But wouldn’t that be paranoid to think? I’m going insane. I haven’t slept. I’m about to go blind—you know the phrase blind rage? All I can remember is that I was about to lose my vision. My emotional tissue was about to tear. So after I left the gym I said “Come here” to all the reporters and paparazzi. I was on the verge of crying and also on the verge of punching someone.

Rolling Stone: This was January 2010, when you said you had ended the relationship “because I don’t want to waste somebody’s time if something’s not right.”

HERNANDEZ: It really, really upset her. I wanted to take responsibility for having ended it because I saw it as such an offense. But a lot of people felt I was saving face. This would serve to begin the period of my life I’m just exiting, when love made me feel guilty and people called me a rat, a womanizer and a cad.

Rolling Stone: You’ve also been called a man-whore.

HERNANDEZ: I feel like women are getting their comeuppance against men now. I hear about man-whores more than I hear about whores. When women are whorish, they’re owning their sexuality. When men are whorish, they’re disgusting beasts. I think they’re paying us back for a double standard that’s lasted for a hundred years.

Rolling Stone: What does the word womanizer mean to you?

HERNANDEZ: Well, wouldn’t a womanizer have dated more than two girls in the last year in a half?

Rolling Stone: So, you're saying that for the last year you've only slept with two women?

HERNANDEZ: Yes. [laughs] 2009 was a slow year.

Rolling Stone: That’s a very much acceptable number.

HERNANDEZ: But even if I said 12, that’s a reasonable number. So is 15. Here’s the thing: I get less women now than I did when I was in high school. Because now I don’t like jumping through hoops. I’ve never taken a random girl home. I don’t want to have to submit myself for approval. I don’t want to audition. At this point, before I can have sex I need to know somebody. Unless she’s a 14 out of 10. [laughs]

Rolling Stone: : The way you talk about being 22 sounds as though you were too immature for Williams.

HERNANDEZ: No, the actual day-to-day was fantastic. I have to explain this so people don’t say, “Sure, you’re 22, and you want to fuck other chicks.” If you say I’m not adult and stable, it sounds as though I’m someone who’s watching football and playing Xbox. It’s not like I broke up with her because I wanted to be with somebody else. I want to be with myself, still, and lie in bed only with the infinite unknown. That’s 22, man.

Rolling Stone: At this point, what’s your ideal relationship?

HERNANDEZ: I wish I could stay home with my girlfriend and watch Friends. I'd like to hang out in bed and watch TV and drink some wine. I would love that. I'm willing to make compromises based on someone I think is the one. Here’s what I really want to do at 22: fuck a girl and then, as she’s sleeping in bed, make breakfast for her. So she’s like, “What? You gave me five vaginal orgasms last night, and you’re making me a spinach omelet? You are the shit!” So she says, “I love this guy.” I say, “I love this girl loving me.” And then we have a problem. Because that entails instant relationship. I’m already playing house. And when I lose interest she’s going to say, “Why would you do that if you didn’t want to stick with me?” I'm smart enough now to only consider coupling with people who are smart, worldly, capable, and are capacious intellectually in some way.

Rolling Stone: Why do you do it?

HERNANDEZ: Because I want to show her I’m not like every other guy. Because I hate other men.

Rolling Stone: Do you do something different in bed than other guys?

HERNANDEZ: It’s all about geometry. I’m sort of a scientist; it’s about being obtuse with an angle. I won't go into father detail because I don't want women to give their boyfriend's a "How to Fuck Me: Ryan Ross Hernandez Style" book.

Rolling Stone: You write about love a lot in your music. But honestly, what is love for you?

HERNANDEZ: I strongly respect the union of love. I respect it enough to not want to give all of myself because I still have some living to do. I know I got a lot of ex-girlfriends but I got no one in this world saying I cheated on them. The world tries to make me feel like shit when I break up with these amazing girls, but that is because everyone that writes for a gossip magazine has to go home to a wife or husband they don't truly love. Leaving is fucking hard, but whether your me or anyone in this world, leaving is a tough thing to do. It is better than giving yourself to someone you don't really love with all of your heart just half of it.

People that say live for today, are fucking idiots. You gotta live for the big picture. You got a couple of break-ups today, but you know your gonna be a real good ex somewhere down the road. That is what most of my forthcoming record is about.

Rolling Stone: Now that you touched the subject, what can we expect from your upcoming album?

HERNANDEZ: Everything and anything. I've been obsessed with time lately, constantly crunching the numbers to get some sense of where I stand in the continuum. I've never experienced anything like the recording process involved in making Everything Is Amazing and Nobody Is Happy, my third-album-to-be. It has been a very moody ride, to get through. I thought I was full-blown in love when I started making it and here I am now, in solitary refinement. It is blues-rock this time around, because with any trilogy, the third in the series blows it open.

Rolling Stone: Any release date in mind?

HERNANDEZ: No idea. If I had to predict a timetable on a release date, I'd say around May or June. But a EP, which is a little taste of what you could expect from the LP, will be out in March.

Rolling Stone: All right, that's fair enough. Now just last year you began your acting career. Any new acting projects we can expect from you in the near future?

HERNANDEZ: Actually I just signed onto a new film project which I unlike, "Something's Missing", my debut feature film, I didn't write. I can't release much details about it but we start recording in March, so by the end of the year you should hear some news about that. And in addition, I just filmed this past December, a pilot for a TV series. Again I can't say much about it, but it is currently being screen tested here in the states, by ABC, and from there we'll see if I return to film some more episodes.

Rolling Stone: You said you were just exiting the phase of your life when relationships make you feel guilty. What’s the next phase?

HERNANDEZ: People are lining up around the block right now to watch me play music tonight. If some kid called me a douche bag on their terrible blog, I don’t really care. I’m letting myself out of my own prison. I’m not going to be a prisoner to a warden I can’t see. From now on I’m just going to pretend that people really dig the shit out of me. I’ve been so afraid of rocking the boat that I’m not sailing anywhere. I’ve been trying to prove to people I’m not a douche bag by not dating, by keeping my name out of Us Weekly. That’s fucked up, man. I’m not dating. I’m not even fucking. So now I’m going to experiment with “fuck you.” In 2010 my goal is to get more mentions in Us Weekly, TMZ and all the rest of those shitty gossip magazines than anyone ever has in a year.

Rolling Stone: This isn't your first time on the cover of Rolling Stone, but this is your first cover by yourself since the previous three were with PANIC!. How do you feel that your solo career is just as famous as PANIC! is?

HERNANDEZ: Well, for starters, my solo career won't ever be as special as what I have with PANIC!. But moving on, I almost didn't do this interview because I've gone through so much discomfort on a profound level in speaking my mind and telling the truth and being taken advantage of by the truth. I was feeling preyed upon by people who wanted to know what I had to say about things. I had stopped doing press, I canceled my U.K. trip, I canceled any Canada press, and my manager said, "Does that mean that even if we get a Rolling Stone cover, you wouldn't do it?" I said, "That's correct, I wouldn't do it."

Then I decided, "Let's do this one more time," but after this, I have nothing else to say. There is nothing more subterranean than this, so I think I'm ready to be done and just play music.

Rolling Stone: Is this the last Ryan Ross Hernandez interview?

HERNANDEZ: Who knows? And that doesn’t come out of pretension or laziness. It’s difficult for me to explain my life to someone without sounding like I’m complaining, which I’m not. I have no problem saying I’m in a bit of a strange time in my life. I call it "quarter-life crisis".

END;

(OOC: Thanks for the comments and to the other RRH mentions, means a lot to see the hours I wasted making this haven't gone completely undervalued. Feel free if anyone wants to trash or praise the living shit out of RRH, in-character. Would help a lot on the slowly building RRH storyline I'm building up beginning with this interview.)

Edited by user 18 February 2010 10:19:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#7 Posted : 18 February 2010 10:19:59(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tim Dunn: Like I said on the radio this morning, that kid has got a good head on his shoulders. There is something special there, ambition, drive, and passion are a powerful combination.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline The Nimrods  
#8 Posted : 18 February 2010 10:30:01(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
OOC:Amazing interview but I think too much was about girls so it was very repetitive.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline PANIC!  
#9 Posted : 18 February 2010 10:38:15(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

The Nimrods wrote:
OOC:Amazing interview but I think too much was about girls so it was very repetitive.

OOC: Yeah, I mean I noticed that too when I was re-reading when I was completed with it but I spent so much time on it I was too lazy to change it. It isn't really on purpose but at the same time it makes sense because RRH's first 2 albums have been 94% percent about girls. But thanks though.
UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#10 Posted : 18 February 2010 11:17:31(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

TheCDs wrote:
Tim Dunn: Like I said on the radio this morning, that kid has got a good head on his shoulders. There is something special there, ambition, drive, and passion are a powerful combination.

"My manager forwarded me, your radio interview a little earlier today. It surprised me when I heard that a fellow peer was actually saying something good about me, you and like 5% other percent of musicians really understand what I'm trying to say. Perhaps I have a higher vocabulary that generic artist can't understand or maybe I gotta sugarcoat my melodies to make them understand it. That's why TMZ and all those bullshit sources think I'm a fucking arrogant, asshole. I'm glad to see that there is still some dignity in today's world, that their are still some intelligence in this idiotic-filled shithole."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.
UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#11 Posted : 18 February 2010 12:51:43(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

God dammit, I'm sick of this bullshit. Its all a fucking game to you, isn't it? All this 'I'm gonna make a big deal out of being a dick' and 'rocking boats' shit is ridiculous, every time I look around, it's just more hypocritical acting. You bent over backwards for others, and then you take a 180 turn and say you're done trying to please people, when anyone can see as clear as day your just changing it up, finding a new way to whore your self to everybody. You should've just stuck to making produced pop-punk shit, at least then you would have the decency to dissapear after your 3 years of fame were up. All this acting and "blues" makes me sick.

-Matt
Black Gold Reign
Offline PANIC!  
#12 Posted : 18 February 2010 13:18:26(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Synxhard wrote:
God dammit, I'm sick of this bullshit. Its all a fucking game to you, isn't it? All this 'I'm gonna make a big deal out of being a dick' and 'rocking boats' shit is ridiculous, every time I look around, it's just more hypocritical acting. You bent over backwards for others, and then you take a 180 turn and say you're done trying to please people, when anyone can see as clear as day your just changing it up, finding a new way to whore your self to everybody. You should've just stuck to making produced pop-punk shit, at least then you would have the decency to dissapear after your 3 years of fame were up. All this acting and "blues" makes me sick.

-Matt
Black Gold Reign

"Look here guy, maybe you should layoff that crack/cocaine for a minute and you'd be able to read the entire interview. I know it's hard to keep your attention snap that long because you gotta get back to getting stoned and/or drunk. Not sure what you know about clear as day since I hear drugs make you see unicorns and shit. Which that is fine, 'cause we all got our own thing. This is where I would criticize your music but honestly I can't because I've never heard of you or your band for that matter. But you know, if I'm a good actor then damn you and everyone else that hates me deserve fucking Oscars. What is with all of you acting like I'm the first person to every live in LA, to ever have celebrity friends. I'm the first artist in history to become a celebrity. It is unheard of?!

This is the kind of shit that pisses me off. People like you that already built an idea of who I am in their heads before they even know me in person, and they don't let anything I say or do from there on out change the idea of who they think I am. Have I ever gone, "Oh I'm fucking dick and I'm fucking proud!", no I haven't and I never got people to believe that until everyone was brainwashed by the media calling me an asshole. Hating me right now, is a trend. It is the thing the "cool" kids are doing. Or for you, the thing, the "hardcore" dudes are doing. But fuck man, it hurts to know that I don't got a "hardcore pass" from you and all your Nimrods-wanna be friends.
"

UserPostedImage
Offline SharpySharp  
#13 Posted : 18 February 2010 13:33:53(UTC)
SharpySharp

Woman
Brunei Darussalam

Wow dude, really good interview, love your music both solo and with PANIC!, keep up the good work

-Caleb
Offline Synxhard  
#14 Posted : 18 February 2010 13:58:14(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

PANIC! wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

-Matt
Black Gold Reign

"Look here guy, maybe you should layoff that crack/cocaine for a minute and you'd be able to read the entire interview. I know it's hard to keep your attention snap that long because you gotta get back to getting stoned and/or drunk. Not sure what you know about clear as day since I hear drugs make you see unicorns and shit. Which that is fine, 'cause we all got our own thing. This is where I would criticize your music but honestly I can't because I've never heard of you or your band for that matter. But you know, if I'm a good actor then damn you and everyone else that hates me deserve fucking Oscars. What is with all of you acting like I'm the first person to every live in LA, to ever have celebrity friends. I'm the first artist in history to become a celebrity. It is unheard of?!

This is the kind of shit that pisses me off. People like you that already built an idea of who I am in their heads before they even know me in person, and they don't let anything I say or do from there on out change the idea of who they think I am. Have I ever gone, "Oh I'm fucking dick and I'm fucking proud!", no I haven't and I never got people to believe that until everyone was brainwashed by the media calling me an asshole. Hating me right now, is a trend. It is the thing the "cool" kids are doing. Or for you, the thing, the "hardcore" dudes are doing. But fuck man, it hurts to know that I don't got a "hardcore pass" from you and all your Nimrods-wanna be friends.
"

Crack/cocaine? Bring that shit up with fucking Amy Winehouse (OOC: Yeah, I dedcided to drag in a real person, couldn't think of anyone to trash about drugs who my character doesn't idolize *cough* Nimrods *cough), I'm straight edge man. That's right, I'm anti-drugs, but you probably can't comprehend that from your perch a top all the industry bullshit. And yeah, a band who sells 10 million singles in a few months is too under the radar for Ryan Ross Hernandez to hear, nah, we'd have to buy all our songs from songwriters and then give you a fucking separate speech of your own when we accept the Birdie for most fake ass album of all time for you to care. You just don't get it, do you? Other artists perform music the care about, and go peacefully when the day comes that the world doesn't want them anymore. It's bad enough we've got Stephanie Fierce's and Sexy Star's, who change their music with the season, but you had to take it to a whole new level of shamelessness. I bet you couldn't live with the idea of RRH being a thing of the past, so you had to destroy the careers of 5 (OOC: It's 5, right?) other people, change your whole story and start playing poser blues, just so you could whine to the media 'See, look at me, I've changed, I'm new'.

Music, and the world for that matter, has a course of nature, and it makes me sick that you're so in denial of it the only option you see is to focus entirely on yourself, which normally wouldn't bother me, had it not been for you shoving it down every last persons throat for fuck's sake. In all honesty, I don't think you've changed at all. Your still that immature little kid, but now that your curtains clothing, you've decided to fake your way back into the spot light. Can't you just settle with what you have now and honestly live for yourself? You claim to be no longer worried about what others think, but I think you're actually more afraid than ever. I don't need to be hardcore to be having the time of my life, but why can't you see you don't need to be on the front of every magazine on the face of the planet to fucking feel alive?

-Matt
Black Gold Reign
Offline Gethsemane  
#15 Posted : 18 February 2010 14:14:48(UTC)
Gethsemane

Man

I'm not here to take sides and I'm not here to point fingers - but as far as I can tell, RRH hasn't done much of anything to actively hurt anyone, and especially not anything to garner this level of pure, unadulterated hatred and pointless shouting. Sure, some people may interpret him as an ass - everyone can be interpreted as an ass given the right conditions - but I cannot see any instance in which's he's gone out of his way to insult someone that didn't decide to take up arms with him first.

Again, I'm not taking sides - but does everyone need to be so goddamn brash about the hatred? Is this really what fame is supposed to be about - arguing with famous people over who's more "real, man!"? In my opinion, everyone involves need to calm the fuck down and pay attention to their own goddamn buisness if they can't get along. People do different things for different reasons - and there's no reason to be warring over such simple shit as an interview in Rolling Stone.

~Tim Drik, Gethsemane
BANDS:
Gethsemane - A Lot Of Band Members (Frontmen Are Tim Drik, Nate Barretta)
Emergency Porn - Jackie Roan, Quincy Shevir, Dwight Lelan, Rick Pearson
Offline PANIC!  
#16 Posted : 21 February 2010 07:04:40(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

(These are random bits that were left out of the original Rolling Stone article press and have been released online through the Rolling Stone website.)

Rolling Stone: Recently the music world has been shaken a bit by many new artist and bands that have come into the industry. Are you impressed by any of these up-and-comers?

HERNANDEZ: Fuck no. At first I thought it was great 'cause these guys could actually being some talent but I was wrong. Their music doesn't annoy me as much as they their attitude. All these new bands and artist that have just gotten signed, that haven't released anything but yet they think they are fucking rock stars already. Like, there is a certain level you have to reach to be able to act like your fucking God's gift to music. These new guys have no way in hell reached that and won't reach it anytime soon. When I put out my first record with PANIC!, I didn't have the attitude I have now 'cause I had no right to do so back then. I could care less if some label offered you 10 million dollars to sign with them, until you sell 10 million dollars worth of music don't act like you're the fucking greatest shit since Sinatra. Have 5 multi-platinum plaques, sell over 30 million singles, sell over 20 million albums, sell out a world tour. Do does things and by all means be the second biggest douche in the world. Shut the fuck up and just play music or just don't act like a rock star when your not one. You gotta work towards acting like an asshole.

Rolling Stone: You've always been critical of the music on the radio waves, in your opinion, what is music today lacking?

HERNANDEZ: The music, most of it, is boring right now. Everything is metal and pop, and that's boring. I'm proud to be bringing something fresh, something that doesn't sound like 100% percent of the shit out there. Where is the hip-hop? The rap? I swear to God, a hip-hop artist comes up in the scene and I'll be the first supporter. I'll produce their shit for free. But music today just needs change, for the better, unlike fucking Obama-type change. Music needs positive change it doesn't need false positive change.

Rolling Stone: In some of your songs from the 'Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner'-PANIC! era, that album featured a lot of drug references that were sort-of cheap shots at your peers that were addicted to drugs and so.

HERNANDEZ: I'll always make fun of people in general that get fucking stoned outta their minds or so drunk that they can't remember what they did the previous night. I've never had an addiction like that, that other artist have. An addiction to women is a healthy one. An addiction to drugs or alcohol isn't. Well, that's not true. I guess it depends on the woman.

Rolling Stone: You’d rather jerk off to an ex-girlfriend than meet someone new?

HERNANDEZ: Yeah. What that explains is that I’m more comfortable in my imagination than I am in actual human discovery. The best days of my life are when I’ve dreamed about a sexual encounter with someone I’ve already been with. When that happens, I cannot lay off myself.

Rolling Stone: Were you one of those smart kids who hated school?

HERNANDEZ: I would act up and get sent to the assistant principals and talk to him as though I was an adult. “I’m not trying to upset anybody, sir. With all due respect to you and your staff, I’m just not supposed to be here. It’s quite difficult for me to sit in class, because I’m supposed to be twenty-something right now not seventeen, sir.” I was very cocky. But from the outset, there was opposition. My family were not the biggest supporters, to put it diplomatically. I grew up saying, “You’ll see. I can’t explain it yet, but you’ll see.” Early in my career, when I was 18, I’d meet presidents of record companies and refused to give them demos. I’d say, “We’ll see each other again sometime.”

Rolling Stone: In the winter of 2007 you went through a depression after you broke up with your PANIC! bandmate, Ashley Perry. Since then the two of you have gone your separate ways, at least from a personal stand point.

HERNANDEZ: It was different for us because she didn't want fame, she just wanted to play music. That wasn't enough for me. When I was growing up, I didn't have a lot and you could say I was hungry to get here and live in the most exclusive place in the United States. It wasn’t as direct as me saying “I now make the choice to bring the paparazzi into my life.” I really never said, “I now make the choice to sleep with A-list actresses.” Women like the ones I've dated, for me, are a drug. And drugs aren’t good for you if you do lots of them. Yeah, fucking women that are way out of my league are crack cocaine to me. That's why I take a break in between them.

Rolling Stone: Why are you so against sleeping with musicians?

HERNANDEZ: I've slept with musicians before, but they bore me. Supermodels, those women do some freaky shit, but I don't like the factor they are so plastic. With actresses you get the best of both, they're not only attractive but they also have no problem doing a little foreplay in bed. If I find a Taylor Swift-like girl, I'd date her. Don't ask me why I got a thing for skinny, blonde country girls.

Rolling Stone: You've previously said that you only date women that are out of your league. What do you mean by that?

HERNANDEZ: I'd say it might even be an obsession I have of it. A lot of people believe that millions of women want to sleep with me, which is true but I'm not into easy sex. Honestly, easy sex is boring. I date women that are intelligent, they could have a 14 out of 10 body but if they are Paris Hilton-smart I wouldn't fuck them. Trust me, fucking a attractive and smart girl is the best feeling in the world. I would never and will never settle for second-best. I'd rather date a million girls before settling for a close-to-perfect girl. I wanna find the girl that actually fits my checklist of qualities for women I date which is really women that are opposites of who I am. I would never date, if I ever find, a female-version of me. Might sleep with her once, but no more.

Rolling Stone: A couple of months ago you collaborated with Stephanie Fierce, any future collaborations on the horizon?

HERNANDEZ: Yes. But none like that one. That wasn't a collab, that was more of a label-arranged type bullshit which I would never do again. I'd rather turn into a faggot than collaborate with a artist like that woman again. But there is a few coming up. I have collaboration with The Waiting Room which I am ecstatic about. I play guitar and sing on that song I'm featured in. Then I'm also going to be featured on one song and producing a good four songs or so on Alicia Lena's an upcoming artist, debut album. I might also track some guitars for it too. There are a few more, even for my forthcoming record, but for the rest it isn't set in-stone yet.

Rolling Stone: A lot of stories online, have said you are homophobic and Us Weekly released last year a joke that you told as one of your shows in 2007 that can be taken as offensive for homosexuals. Any truth to that story?

HERNANDEZ: 97% percent. 97% percent of the shit they say online is complete and utter bullshit.

Rolling Stone: The Birdies are on March 14th and PANIC! will now be unable to qualify for Best Band and win it for the third straight time because their current hiatus status. You believe that finally, you will win an award thanks to your solo career?

HERNANDEZ: Well, I already won one award by myself and that Most Attractive Male which I should have won last time around to make twice in a row but it's alright they can give it to me this time around. This is the first time I feel like I can actually win Best Solo Artist, and if I don't I swear I'm gonna Kanye on whoever the fuck wins it. Maybe Dark Secret Love has a chance to surprise some people since it was really underrated in my mind, even if it sold 4 million and something copies. Maybe "A Never-Ending Trip to Heartbreak" or another single off it can get a win. Honestly, I'm not stressing about it, if I get nominated and win a few I'll be happy. If I don't I'll still be at the awards with a freshly pressed custom Armani suit and a bottle of cologne on me.

Rolling Stone: Since it was already touched upon, PANIC!'s hiatus. When can we comfortably say the band is gonna be back?

HERNANDEZ: For the first time, in months, all six of us met up in Nashville a couple weeks ago. We talked a lot, about various subjects and PANIC! was one of them. An announcement should come out from our camp in due time.

Rolling Stone: What kind of announcement can we expect?

HERNANDEZ: I can't say. Soon, soon everyone will find out.

(OOC: Wanted to get one last thing up here as I complete work on an aftermath thread of this interview and all the shit around it.)
UserPostedImage