logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 20 February 2010 01:21:59(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
It's a dream sequence
The snow is building up
Around the angel
Who has become corrupt
Six billion souls
Could dig me from this hole
But let me fall
I feel nothing at all

UserPostedImage

Catwoman and, erm, Sophy-Catwoman :P (aka. Pyromasochist) return alongside Firecracker 47 in this epic new single .... the last F47 single to be released before their debut album, "Firecracker 47's Mind Numbing Musical Interpretation Of How Not To Take The Morning After Pill (And Other Vaguely Interesting Metrosexual Blunders) : The Debut Album That About Four People Have Been Desperately Waiting For".

Tracklisting -
1. Six Billion Souls (w/ Pyromasochist) [S Cruz-Bishop, J Firecracker, K Hetestien, J Kairiri]
2. Burning, Burning, Beautiful [J Firecracker, R Robbins]
3. Catch Me If You Can [J Firecracker]

Review -
"Six Billion Souls" isn't what you'd expect from a Bikoshy collaboration at all. We expected some floofy love song that would make Jimmy Nimrod get on the wahmbulance. We expected the chemistry between the shopaholic with a terminal erection and the straight-edged pseudonym addict to flow .... and it does, musically, but there's barely even a hint of love between the two here. A woman who committed suicide revives her own corpse by becoming a feline fallen angel. It's a very scary song, the way that Bikki has played with effects and Joshy sings like he's being chased by an evil being (well, Sophy was behind him in the studio) are enough to make you fear the bed bugs biting.
Musically, the bassline is of course what to look out for. James Kairiri is the most technically proficient band member. In Joshy's words, "James knows what he's doing. The rest of us make it up as we go along." James plays both bass and contrabass in this, mixed up by Bikki - speaking of her, she's become good at providing precise autotunes and special effects, which we should look forward to. SCB also surprised us by getting out the ol' hammers and strings - she's not a bad pianist, she's just not a confident one.
As for the B-sides, "Burning, Burning, Beautiful" was written by Raven Comatose, but buffed up by Joshy and makes for a highly emotionally-charged tribute - originally to Jakey Comatose, no idea who Joshy's singing about, but he's Burning, Burning, Beautiful, apparently - as is the song. While this shows that Joshy's definitely no picture of innocence, "Catch Me If You Can" contrasts it, and shows the cute, playful, babyish Joshy that we all know and some love.
Overall, good effort. Worth buying! (:

Firecracker 47 & Pyromasochist - "Six Billion Souls" is out today on Dark Blue Music and Antipop Records.

Edited by user 21 February 2010 09:48:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 20 February 2010 07:21:22(UTC)
bikz

Woman

You can now buy a copy here .... ((OOC : lyk oh em gee fuh tuh wuh barbecue forty-seven i released summit ingame!))

Edited by user 20 February 2010 07:22:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Synxhard  
#3 Posted : 20 February 2010 09:35:06(UTC)
Synxhard

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Sounds fantastic, I've been waiting for you guys to make a comeback, and Firecracker 47 sure as hell knows how to make one. I mean, really, the bass work in 'Six Billion Souls' is killer, not to mention the emotion in Joshy's singing ;).

-David
Black Gold Reign

OOC: Glad to see you brought em' back, and congrats on going in-game too.
Offline bikz  
#4 Posted : 20 February 2010 09:58:51(UTC)
bikz

Woman

The dreaded FWSAC -
UK 31,815 49
USA 17,911 224
Canada 16,955 195
Aus & NZ 29,126 57
South America 16,673 169
Asia 17,202 163
Europe 28,164 69
World 157,846 110

"I'm not surprised about the low-chart in the USA, they've never been popular over there. Scraping into the Top 50 in the UK was a pleasant surprise though, being as they've been away so long, could it be the Top 40 next week!? Overall, I'm very proud, over 150,000 in a first week for a band who haven't even released an album is no mean feat! Excellent!"
-Katie Kairiri [manager]

"No doubt the girls'll be on top of the world with this. Maybe we'll get enough money out of this for Joshy to pay off his debts - pigs might fly!"
-James Kairiri [bass & backing vocals]

"I just heard we got 69 in Europe .... what did I miss!?"
-Joshy Firecracker [lead vocals]
UserPostedImage
Offline Taylr  
#5 Posted : 20 February 2010 10:03:07(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Matt: Nice one guys. :D
Offline bikz  
#6 Posted : 20 February 2010 10:19:57(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Synxhard wrote:
Sounds fantastic, I've been waiting for you guys to make a comeback, and Firecracker 47 sure as hell knows how to make one. I mean, really, the bass work in 'Six Billion Souls' is killer, not to mention the emotion in Joshy's singing ;).

-David
Black Gold Reign

OOC: Glad to see you brought em' back, and congrats on going in-game too.

Well, we've been biding our time, just waiting for the right moment .... and then we thought, "ah screw it, let's just put it out".
James has always been the odd one out in the band, you can tell even by looking at us, and the way that he could talk about chord progressions and pizzicato and classical jazz music all day while I sit there without a clue! I can hit things and that's about it, haha. But still, we work well together, him and Joshy especially. Joshy - he's like an actor when he sings, he can capture not only the melody, but the feeling, put himself in the place of who or what he's singing about. Genius in some ways .... dumbarse in others. :P
Anyway, SO pleased with the sales - over 150,000 copies! After we've called in a cleaner and paid a few bills, Joshy, Roxy and I are planning an epic shopping spree! :D
-Mikki Moo [drums & backing vocals]

((OOC : Thanks! I'd almost lost faith in the game .... the promise of updates has brought me back to why I first loved it.))

Taylr wrote:
Matt: Nice one guys. :D

Thankyouuu Matt! :D I'm surprised we did so well, but hey, it's a brill surprise!
-Roxy Firecracker [guitar]

Edited by user 20 February 2010 10:20:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 11/08/2288 11:47:34(UTC) Greenleaf  
#7 Posted : 21 February 2010 07:50:07(UTC)
Greenleaf

Green Leaf: congrats!

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline bikz  
#8 Posted : 21 February 2010 09:58:09(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Tonight's stats show a rise of a high-chart of #48, in Canada, a very high rise! (The total sales there is 47,069, which looks ominous in its way.) Also gone up a lot of places in South America, now at #54. Oh, and they're up from #69 to #59 in Europe, which disappointed Joshy, but he doesn't know what I'm on about. :P
They sold almost 179,693 tonight, making a total of 337,539 copies worldwide! (: Thankyou everyone who's bought it, and if you haven't, keep buying!
-Katie x
UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#9 Posted : 21 February 2010 10:23:58(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Hollyzone: I really love the new single. I love Firecracker. I was sitting in my room one day, just blasting you guys music. Very good inspiration to my rock side and techo side of my music.

Moquel: I love the new single you guys, Thanks Holly for the kind words.
UserPostedImage