logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline troy211619  
#1 Posted : 21 February 2010 03:32:57(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Reckoner have unexpectedly released their 3rd single entitled Scream. Unlike previous singles, Scream has been released randomly(no exact date) and is a radio only single. The band, who are now in the Dirty Bastard for the celebration of their debut album's success, had this to say about the release of the single..
"What the f***? Scream has already been released? We thought it would be on the 27th?", a surprised and drunk Troy Mascenon states.

UserPostedImage

Track Listing:
1.Scream(Mascenon)
-The song was the only track off the album written during the recording sessions and it was made to complete the album since they had one track slot left."On the 6th day of the sessions, we realized that we were missing one more track to complete the album so we rushed the songwriting process and took us 3 hours before we came up with this s*** called Scream. I believe that the track is about being pressured into doing something you need to do, or some other catchy,bull****, guitar-crazy, grunge song made to let young people's heads go banging without even understanding what the f****** song was about."

2.See You Soon(Mascenon)
-A song about a soldier who has gone to war and always thinks he'd never come back again."I was actually inspired by stories of soldiers who have survived a war and all the fear they had of never returning because of the dangers of war. Its quite an emotional song for me and it made me burst into tears after hearing the finished recording." The song begins with JC playing the piano and Troy singing in his sweet voice continuing for the rest of the song. The bridge is filled with noise coming from Carl's guitar and JPC's bass as Troy begins to put all emotion into the song. It ends with JC playing a few more notes in the piano before the song fades,

3.Colorful(Mascenon,Morrisson,Carter,Fuller,Anderson)
-A piano instrumental filled with keyboard sounds, guitar wails, fast paced basslines and a driving drumbeat."The song was derived from a random jam the band once did in the earlier days, if you listen to the song, you could see the optimistic view of it even without the words, and that is why its called Colorful, its about being optimistic."

Produced By:Kieran Marks
Record Label:Suicide Records
Artwork by: Erika Sanchez
Personnel:
Troy Mascenon:Vocals on track 1 and 2, Elec. Guitar on track 1, and Piano on track 3
JC Anderson:Elec. Guitar on track 1, Piano on track 2, and Keyboards on track 2
JPC:Bass Guitar on all tracks, Back Up Vocals on track 1 and 2
Carl Morrisson:Elec Guitar on all tracks,and Back Up Vocals on track 1 and 2
Tristan Fuller:Drums on all tracks, Back Up Vocals on track 1 and 2

Edited by user 21 February 2010 17:46:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#2 Posted : 21 February 2010 17:44:11(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Our single Scream has debuted at the 19th spot in the UK Charts, our first entry in the top 40 and 20!
Charts:
UK:19
USA:188
Aus & NZ:148
Canada:182
South America:164
Asia:162
Europe:107

Overall, we think the single did great with 148 161 copies sold in its first week! Told you, all you need is a simple power chord progression and some cool verses and maybe even some wild choruses, and BAM!!! You've got a hit! Look at Smells Like Teen Spirit and Song 2, MAJOR MAJOR HITS!!!
-Troy Mascenon

Edited by user 21 February 2010 21:09:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage