logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 22 February 2010 03:35:27(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
The Rt. Hon. Baroness Kasia Mareike van Mouschi DBE walked, aimlessly, around Daniel Catelli Studios. Every time she came to New York, she loved to just look around as if it was all new, when in actual fact it had been there for years, and she, Kasia, had paid for it all, got the best architects in the country to design it, and ran the place efficiently. Daniel would have loved it, she thought. There was a statue of Daniel Catelli with Kash and a very young Rachel out front, flawlessly copied from a photograph.
Every time she was here she remembered Daniel and why she loved him so. Unlike her first and second husbands, who were hard-nosed businessmen, Daniel was a poor street musician, and had been the nicest person on Earth, she thought. He convinced her to put her money into the music industry, into things like Dark Blue Music, and she had never looked back.

Kasia stopped dreaming - there was something about Staten Island that made her a bit dreamy - and sat down in her big leather chair, set up opposite a large sofa, in the lounge where she usually held interviews, just next to the live recording room.
UserPostedImage

She was meeting a new artist today, she had talked with Cassie Chapman (Moquel's agent) about her. The artist was called "Hollyzone", a solo female. Kash knew Cassie and trusted her judgement, though Hollyzone would need a proper interview. Kash was generous, especially with money, but not so generous as to just give away a place on DBM without a proper interview about this new star's music.
Kash turned in her chair and shook out her wild black curls, thinking about the interview. This was the most mysterious one she'd done - she had next to no background information, but was curious to find out who she was.

Suddenly, Kash's daughter Suzana, who was on reception, walked in. "Hollyzone is here," she said.
"Thankyou, Su," said Kasia, "send her in."
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Moquel  
#2 Posted : 22 February 2010 03:44:41(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
She was a confident little woman, with the age of 20 years old, she was young and ready. You know, confidence as hard as hers. She wasnt afriad to express your thoughts and answers to the meeting of her life today. She walked in with her head high, with a walk in with red heels and a white cocktile dress. She put on red lipstick like a old Hollywood she was trying to portray. Her mission today, was to express herself though your style, music and past with a sight of inspiration. She was a pretty young lady, but with a different world about herself. She walked in, full of amaze of the enviorment. She sat right across from Kate and smiled as generous as she can.

What will be this girl mission today while attending the meeting that will change her life forever
?

UserPostedImage
Hollyzone in 2010 with photograher, Mark Evens.

She puts down a photo of her on the table.
UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 11/08/2288 11:47:34(UTC) Greenleaf  
#3 Posted : 22 February 2010 03:50:12(UTC)
Greenleaf

Luis (Leaf Green): She's very pretty :)

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline bikz  
#4 Posted : 22 February 2010 04:22:38(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Kasia looked over at the girl, deciding what her first impression was. She was very pretty, and had made an effort in the way she looked, which was admirable. Kash assumed that she was still young, maybe a teenager or in her early twenties, though she wasn't so good at estimating age, being as Kash was on the brink of fifty and looked no older than thirty, at the most.
UserPostedImage

She liked Hollyzone's smile, and could detect an air of determination, similar to how determined Moquel was - however, unlike Moquel, Holly seemed overly confident. If she were to clash with Kamikaze Kate, a 15-year-old mouthy metaller who did a lot of CD cover artwork for DBM, the fur would fly!

Kasia put out her hand to shake. "Hello," she said, greeting her warmly but seriously. "I'm The Right Honourable Baroness Kasia Mareike van Mouschi DBE, financial manager for Dark Blue Music, but please call me Kash." She was proud of her titles, and always introduced herself as the Baroness, but most people called her Kash.
"You must be Hollyzone - I've heard about you from Cassie Chapman, but I haven't heard much," she continued. "Pleased to meet you. Would you care to tell me a bit about your musical style, and about your plans for your career in music?"

Kash smiled, and watched carefully. DBM interviews were not just to find out if they suited DBM musically, but also a test of character ....

Edited by user 22 February 2010 04:45:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Moquel  
#5 Posted : 22 February 2010 04:42:25(UTC)
Moquel

Hollyzone looked over at Kate, amazed by her looks of a woman. She was just dreaming the other day to be in a room, with a woman like Kate. She only heard about Kate though grapevine and how well she is with music. Hollyzone (real name, Holly Zona) smirk at Kate, but looked over at the recording room and smiled. Her heart was music and her style was her passion.

Holly cleared her throat.

" It's pleased to meet you as while (pause) I heard a lot about you Kate" she has a very smooth relaxing voice for a girl, but with a ball of excitement. " My heart is my music and my goal is for my music to become a famous hit.. I dont want to portray anyone, but Holly, I had a past and I have a future, my music is my past, and my lyrics are the future. My music style is a up to of upbeat, strong heavy, but smooth vocals of Techno, you know, pop is something that is different for me, but pop is just a shining reflect on stronger part of Techno. I have a change of voice, my voice matches with my emotions and feelings in the song, but dont get me wrong, my voice is different, a voice that is more of a creation, then devolopement. I have to say more of Techno/Garage/Pop. My future music plans is to become one of the most known musicians, but I want to change music in my emotions, creations, lyrics and motion. I'm different, and my music will just be heard because I have a story to tell, I have lyrics to show people, I have lyrics and song titles that are more of attraction to music, more then just singing it. I write music and I SING music, but I also chase music to make my music better. The most future I will like to have is to learn from myself and then learn from my music to make me and my music better. I love what I do, so with my passion to make another type of music created, I want my genre of music to be known!"

She sat back to the comfortable sit and then she looked down.

" I want to be a superstar in a diffrent type of music, I want to inspire people with my style, look and creation. I want to be the one people cry over because of the past helped them out with my music. I want to be the one who you listen too live one day. My lyrics too be known, my style is be inspired, my music to be OUT, I am Holly.

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#6 Posted : 22 February 2010 05:24:12(UTC)
bikz

Woman

As soon as Kash heard, "I heard a lot about you", she was pleased. She liked the idea that the girl would check up on references, find out more about DBM - and, most of all, Kash herself - before the interview. She also liked Hollyzone's confidence, and strength of character. This brought her back to the first interview that she ever did, Emma Blunt, who sat there and trembled, scared as if Kash was pointing a gun at her head. Holly was not like that. More like Kamikaze Kate, now SHE was strong and confident and talkative - KamiKate was so cheeky and rude in her first interview that Kash wanted to slap the child, but Holly seemed more respectable, and somewhat in awe of Kasia.

What she liked most, is that Hollyzone definitely read up on the main point of DBM - Kash hadn't even needed to ask, "what makes your music different?" or, "what makes you stand out from the crowd?", she knew it and had said it already. The girl was passionate about her music. The only thing that she worried about is that she may be a little too confident too soon - someone like Kate would sit on her, hard. She wondered who could manage her - not Cerys, she'd be too much for her. Not Sophy, she'd clash with her. Bikki? Kahlen? Suzana? Kitena? James? Maybe even Joshy, he wanted to give it a shot, though she'd prefer a more experienced manager. She'd have to call a meeting ....

.... that is, if she signed her up. Kash felt that she might, but had to find out more. "I am impressed by your intentions," said Kasia, half-smiling. "DBM prides itself on creating artists different from the norm, and artists who like to show emotion in their music. Do you have any of your demos or lyrics on you? It'd be great to know what you've got so far. If not, that's fine, you can send a tape to the Bristol office when you're ready."

Edited by user 22 February 2010 05:25:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#7 Posted : 22 February 2010 05:36:24(UTC)
Moquel

bikz wrote:
As soon as Kash heard, "I heard a lot about you", she was pleased. She liked the idea that the girl would check up on references, find out more about DBM - and, most of all, Kash herself - before the interview. She also liked Hollyzone's confidence, and strength of character. This brought her back to the first interview that she ever did, Emma Blunt, who sat there and trembled, scared as if Kash was pointing a gun at her head. Holly was not like that. More like Kamikaze Kate, now SHE was strong and confident and talkative - KamiKate was so cheeky and rude in her first interview that Kash wanted to slap the child, but Holly seemed more respectable, and somewhat in awe of Kasia.

What she liked most, is that Hollyzone definitely read up on the main point of DBM - Kash hadn't even needed to ask, "what makes your music different?" or, "what makes you stand out from the crowd?", she knew it and had said it already. The girl was passionate about her music. The only thing that she worried about is that she may be a little too confident too soon - someone like Kate would sit on her, hard. She wondered who could manage her - not Cerys, she'd be too much for her. Not Sophy, she'd clash with her. Bikki? Kahlen? Suzana? Kitena? James? Maybe even Joshy, he wanted to give it a shot, though she'd prefer a more experienced manager. She'd have to call a meeting ....

.... that is, if she signed her up. Kash felt that she might, but had to find out more. "I am impressed by your intentions," said Kasia, half-smiling. "DBM prides itself on creating artists different from the norm, and artists who like to show emotion in their music. Do you have any of your demos or lyrics on you? It'd be great to know what you've got so far. If not, that's fine, you can send a tape to the Bristol office when you're ready."

Hollyzone looked at Kate and smiled at the reaction on the woman's face. She didnt move a eye, she reached into the small orange purse and pulled out a tape and put in softly on the table. She smiled after the tape was on the table.

" I been waiting on this moment.."

Holly looked over at the recording studio again.

" Nice studio.. I remember when I went to Gold Studios in LA, and recorded " Hotel Room" about a me renting a guy out just like a Hotel Room because what he did is just set me up to have sex just like the hotel maids do, just set up and make things look good to buy you out..
UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#8 Posted : 22 February 2010 06:25:50(UTC)
Moquel

On the cover of the demo CD, this picture appers on the cover:
UserPostedImage
Glitter and Flaws..

Track 1: Graveyard
Track 2: Hotel Room
Track 3: Tiger

Edited by user 22 February 2010 06:28:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#9 Posted : 22 February 2010 06:53:59(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Kash was slightly surprised that Hollyzone had done a studio recording already. She'd heard a lot about Gold Studios, and knew that they produced very good recordings, but not cheap ones. Holly must be either a hard worker or an heiress to get in at Gold Studios. Pondering what Holly's life was actually like outside of music, though she would never ask - a lot of people didn't like to tell - she handed the tape to one of the workers, to put it on the stereo system which would fill the lounge.

"Thankyou," she said, before the music came on. "I paid for this studio to be built to my specifications - made for real musicians to have a good time recording, and not feel any pressure." That was the main incentive. Kash thought about mentioning that it was a dream that she and Daniel shared, but bringing him up to a stranger felt wrong. Besides, Holly might even know about the Mouschi family history, it's not like they were good at staying out of the news. "I put a lot into my projects, always, and make sure that I get a lot back!" She looked straight at Holly, as if to silently say, "I hope you can give a lot back to us if we sign you", and hoped that she picked it up.

Kash called Suzana in to listen to the tape. Su, a pretty, friendly girl around Holly's age, took pride in being called in to listen. She was one of the senior owners of DBM, but still revelled in helping out with big decisions like this.
UserPostedImage

The room filled with music, and the women listened to the songs, while looking over the cover art - Holly's picture was Hollyzone to the life. No-nonsense, real music, it showed her personality. Raven would love to draw pictures of her, she thought. Out of the songs, Kash liked "Hotel Room" best, maybe because the meaning had been explained. Not perfect, the songs had their faults here and there, but the recording was high quality, and a lot of promise was in it.

"I SO think we should sign you! I LOVE it!" called out Suzy aka. "Su Fierce Spears", who was a lot more excitable than Kash herself, who thought it through for a minute. Can we nurture this music? Can we find the right person? She wondered.
"You show promise, and I think you have a good chance," Kash said. "Suzy here is certainly keen, and I'm sure that Jimmy, the Big Boss, will be as well." Of course he would be. She laughed silently, and imagined the curt answer that Hollyzone might give him. "Lastly. Is there anything else that you would like us to know, that will help?"

Edited by user 22 February 2010 06:54:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#10 Posted : 22 February 2010 07:34:05(UTC)
Moquel

Holly just started to explain each song of the demo:

Graveyard- How hurt she was and how nature and feelings wanted to put this guy in his grave for disrespecting many woman before her. Her killing pains, her killings worries, made her feel lik she wanted to die, or more kill the man who hurted her most. She felt like killing him emotional and physicial.

I want to put you in a graveyard,
forget about you,
act like you was never here,
bury you forever,
so the love wont show never.

Tiger- The upper tempered type of man, who thinks he can treat a woman anyway, but Holly doesnt affect on that, she thinks of men of Tiger's. Big body, big legs, big aggestion.
Your love is like a Tiger,
Your force is like a Tiger,
Tiger,
Tiger,
with your strips,
your aggestion,
your roars,
can you not be such a Tiger?

Holly looks over at the staff and then winks. She then smiles with joy.
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#11 Posted : 22 February 2010 08:06:23(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Su, having spent most of her life working on her career and not so experienced in the ways of love, glossed over the meanings and enjoyed the melodies and words. "The song 'Tiger' reminded me of Stephanie Ortiz a bit," she said, just as a throwaway comment, which she hoped that Holly would like. Su liked to impress people.

Kash, however, tried to do what Suzy was doing and ignore the meanings. However, as a 49-year-old woman, she knew these feelings well. She had dealt with men of all sorts - the worst of them being the ones who didn't care about the woman behind the bank balance and just wanted the money. Also, she had been pretty fierce herself, though she tried to forget those times. Holly seemed to have so much in her that would work with DBM, maybe even work with Madbirds. But she needed Jimmy's approval, and probably Fern's and Katie's as well, plus someone willing and suitable to take the manager spot.

"Right then." Kash turned her chair to face Holly. "Thankyou for coming out here, I will see you again soon. I'm just going to get a copy made of this record - you can have the original back in case you plan on looking at record labels - and we'll go back to the UK tomorrow to sort things with the rest of the team. I will call you soon, maybe in two or three days, to meet again, if that's good for you?"

Kash had been pleased with the interview overall. As Su showed Hollyzone out, she was sure that she would promote her to Jimmy and the others.
UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#12 Posted : 22 February 2010 08:22:50(UTC)
Moquel

Hollyzone gets up and then blows a kiss at the staff. She didnt know what the future will hold- but walking out, she turned around.

" Remember my music.." she blowed another kiss. She was a girl who was different, that comment made her a little touchy in a moment. She felt the meeting and she hoped that felt it too. She walked out of the building and turned around to face the building. She got her lipstick out of her purse and wrote

'xoxo' on the sidewalk and Holly Zona in big print on the sidewalk as while.

She walked away with her heels clicking on the floor and her attuide postive as ever.

Will Holly be the next superstar?

Edited by user 22 February 2010 08:23:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage