logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<678910>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Captain Insano  
#141 Posted : 16 July 2010 19:50:09(UTC)
Captain Insano

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Tis a very good point...and this thread is awesome dont you think?

I hardly buy any new metal albums these days. If I do it tends to be only of those bands I've heard regularly of before or bought their records previously. It's rare for me to buy something I've never heard of (based on a reveiw or article...like Isole or Kylesa)...my buying over the last year has literally amounted to little more than Deathspell Omega, Cavalera Conspiracy, Isole, Kylesa, Psycroptic and Blood Red Throne.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline The Nimrods  
#142 Posted : 16 July 2010 23:48:45(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
tension101 wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
After getting Anata's discography and Spawn of Possesion's I've decided Sweden really knows what it's doing when it comes to tech-death. At the moment them,Poland, and of course Canada are my favorite metal countries.

Do you happen to like Dissection? I think they're amazing, like the best black metal band ever.

Dissection was one of the first black metal bands I listened to. I think their music is amazing, however the title of best black metal band to me definitely goes to Immortal.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline forkboy  
#143 Posted : 17 July 2010 00:47:24(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I've still not actually listened to Dissection.

But best bm is clearly Burzum you fucks.

Also, Porcupine Tree? Yeah, cool band but I don't think I'd really call them metal.

I dunno, I'm just on a bummer with metal right now, instead being more invigorated by pop and rock from the 60s. Don't really know why.
Offline The Nimrods  
#144 Posted : 17 July 2010 01:02:17(UTC)
The Nimrods

forkboy wrote:

Also, Porcupine Tree? Yeah, cool band but I don't think I'd really call them metal.

I dunno, I'm just on a bummer with metal right now, instead being more invigorated by pop and rock from the 60s. Don't really know why.

I think Burzum is important but not the best. Still amazing black metal. Cradle of Filth is good bm too. If bm stood for bowel movement! haha puns!

Dissection is amazing, listen to the track The Somberlain.

I'm in love with Anata, they're the future for death metal, cool harmonies like early Opeth mixed with heavy riffs from BDM bands but less percussive. Also not too many solos, which is great and the ones there are aren't super wanky.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline Synxhard  
#145 Posted : 17 July 2010 02:03:00(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
The Nimrods wrote:
tension101 wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
After getting Anata's discography and Spawn of Possesion's I've decided Sweden really knows what it's doing when it comes to tech-death. At the moment them,Poland, and of course Canada are my favorite metal countries.

Do you happen to like Dissection? I think they're amazing, like the best black metal band ever.

Dissection was one of the first black metal bands I listened to. I think their music is amazing, however the title of best black metal band to me definitely goes to Immortal.

Yeah, Dissection's been a real big influence for me lately, although I've also been getting into Belphegor lately. Any of you big BM fans know of any other bands I may like if Dissection and Belphegor are my favorites so far? Cause I don't have much of a clue about what I'm talking about when it comes to black metal. Oh, and Insano, Psycroptic? Hell yeah.
Offline The Nimrods  
#146 Posted : 17 July 2010 02:07:14(UTC)
The Nimrods

Synxhard wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
tension101 wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

Yeah, Dissection's been a real big influence for me lately, although I've also been getting into Belphegor lately. Any of you big BM fans know of any other bands I may like if Dissection and Belphegor are my favorites so far? Cause I don't have much of a clue about what I'm talking about when it comes to black metal. Oh, and Insano, Psycroptic? Hell yeah.

Naglfar's Vittra is sick but I recall you don't like them so I'm not sure. Emperor is really sick, so is Enslaved. Gorgoroth makes some amazingly atmpospheric stuff.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline Synxhard  
#147 Posted : 17 July 2010 02:09:28(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

The Nimrods wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
tension101 wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

Naglfar's Vittra is sick but I recall you don't like them so I'm not sure. Emperor is really sick, so is Enslaved. Gorgoroth makes some amazingly atmpospheric stuff.

Thanks, I'll check some of that stuff out, I've been getting a bit more into black metal recently. Also, just giving a shout out to my friends back from Washington, you guys should check out Wolves in The Throne Room, ridiculously cool guys, mind blowing music.
Offline forkboy  
#148 Posted : 17 July 2010 02:51:38(UTC)
forkboy

The Nimrods wrote:
forkboy wrote:

I think Burzum is important but not the best. Still amazing black metal.

If I was told I can only listen to one album for the rest of eternity, it'd be Filosofem.
Offline The Nimrods  
#149 Posted : 17 July 2010 02:58:05(UTC)
The Nimrods

forkboy wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
forkboy wrote:

I think Burzum is important but not the best. Still amazing black metal.

If I was told I can only listen to one album for the rest of eternity, it'd be Filosofem.

If I could it would be Kerplunk but that's a nice choice. I think that's one of the best BM albums of all time though. Along with At the Heart of Winter,the Somberlain,Transilvanian Hunger,and Nemesis Divina

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline Thorgrim  
#150 Posted : 17 July 2010 04:31:29(UTC)
Thorgrim

Man

forkboy wrote:
Recently I've come to the conclusion that most metal music is fucking awful.

That's what I've been saying for the last couple of years. I gave up on black metal a long time ago, and the only newer death metal bands that are worth anyone's time are ARGHOSLENT, THE CHASM, DEAD CONGREGATION and INGNIVOMOUS (check 'em out Captain, they're from Oz) imo. And now all of a sudden it's cool to to wear spandex and steal MAIDEN riffs. Fuck it. I'd rather up on an old classic that listen to a bunch of copycats. The only newer bands that actually have me excited for their debut album are FUNERAL CIRCLE and ATLANTEAN KODEX.
Offline Captain Insano  
#151 Posted : 17 July 2010 11:57:18(UTC)
Captain Insano

Synxhard wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
tension101 wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

Tasmanian technical death metal at its finest gives me a major hard on. Belphegor is pretty awesome as well..dont mind a bit of 'Bondage Goat Zombie' every now and again. Well, I am going to recommend Absu though they are somehwat different to Belphegor/Dissection as far as sound goes. It's US black metal through a thrash metal blender. Their albums 'Absu' and 'Tara' are very good listens. Same goes for Cobalt.
UserPostedImage

Offline Synxhard  
#152 Posted : 17 July 2010 15:02:36(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Captain Insano wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
tension101 wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

Tasmanian technical death metal at its finest gives me a major hard on. Belphegor is pretty awesome as well..dont mind a bit of 'Bondage Goat Zombie' every now and again. Well, I am going to recommend Absu though they are somehwat different to Belphegor/Dissection as far as sound goes. It's US black metal through a thrash metal blender. Their albums 'Absu' and 'Tara' are very good listens. Same goes for Cobalt.

I'll be sure to check those 2 out, sound promising for sure. I've been getting into black metal more and more lately, and, for all of you out there, I'm going to once again shamelessly plug my good friends back in Washington, Wolves In THe Throne Room. Seriously incredible stuff, I highly recommend them, they've got a cool mix between the more straight forward BM style and the more ambient sounds.
Offline Captain Insano  
#153 Posted : 17 July 2010 18:45:37(UTC)
Captain Insano

Thorgrim wrote:
INGNIVOMOUS (check 'em out Captain, they're from Oz)

I've just done so and I thank you for your heads up. Suitably old school and nasty.
UserPostedImage

Offline troy211619  
#154 Posted : 17 July 2010 21:47:18(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Honestly, the only metal band I've ever liked was Iron Maiden.. Is it a bad thing?
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#155 Posted : 17 July 2010 22:34:16(UTC)
forkboy

Yeah, Maiden are the total shits
Offline troy211619  
#156 Posted : 17 July 2010 22:44:23(UTC)
troy211619

Man

forkboy wrote:

Any other metal bands you'd like to recommend?
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline The Nimrods  
#157 Posted : 18 July 2010 01:17:53(UTC)
The Nimrods

troy211619 wrote:
forkboy wrote:

Well there's all those old mainstream metal bands you might like but I don't want to lead you down that path. Listen to the first 4 Metallica albums, Megadeth's Rust in Peace and Peace Sells,and if you can handle it Opeth's Blackwater Park.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline Captain Insano  
#158 Posted : 18 July 2010 01:20:57(UTC)
Captain Insano

troy211619 wrote:
forkboy wrote:

Limp Bizkit
UserPostedImage

Offline The Nimrods  
#159 Posted : 18 July 2010 01:27:08(UTC)
The Nimrods

Captain Insano wrote:
troy211619 wrote:
forkboy wrote:

Limp Bizkit

Troy don't listen to him regarding anything that's not extreme metal.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline troy211619  
#160 Posted : 18 July 2010 01:32:00(UTC)
troy211619

Man

The Nimrods wrote:
troy211619 wrote:
forkboy wrote:

Well there's all those old mainstream metal bands you might like but I don't want to lead you down that path. Listen to the first 4 Metallica albums, Megadeth's Rust in Peace and Peace Sells,and if you can handle it Opeth's Blackwater Park.

Thanks!
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage