logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline John  
#21 Posted : 31 March 2011 06:18:30(UTC)
John

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 27 post(s)
There's been quite a bit of gossip about The Band and the pop-punk band Catharsis in the underground press lately. Kim Black and Ashley Gothom have reportedly exchanged words, and James Black has called out York in interviews. York has never made an official comment on this(and probably never will) but at a recent gig The Band played a parody/cover of Catharsis' song "Without You", with York waling in a high pitched voice, and frequently changing the lyrics to dirty puns. It can be established that he's none too happy about the recent comments.
My Characters-
John York-Guitarist/Multi-Instrumentalist-Genres-Alt Rock/Post-Punk, heavily interested in the Avant-Guard-Face Claim-Graham Coxon- Is Currently-Screwing around
Kim Black-Vocalist/Bassist-Post-Punk/New Wave-Is currently-In India trying to find herself
Website for my old Post-Punk band, which featured John and Kim

Offline John  
#22 Posted : 11 April 2011 04:32:13(UTC)
John

Man

Edmund-So, our Kim got nommed for most attractive female at the birdies. She is honored and is now blowing kisses to all the judges. John thinks it's really ironic that this is our first award nomination. John is also pleased that friend of The......err his friend Amy Meyer has been nominated too and has taken the oppurtunity to try and flirt with her again. Thankfully he is not a judge.

Edited by user 11 April 2011 04:33:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Characters-
John York-Guitarist/Multi-Instrumentalist-Genres-Alt Rock/Post-Punk, heavily interested in the Avant-Guard-Face Claim-Graham Coxon- Is Currently-Screwing around
Kim Black-Vocalist/Bassist-Post-Punk/New Wave-Is currently-In India trying to find herself

Offline John  
#23 Posted : 15 April 2011 10:35:29(UTC)
John

Man

The Band played at an indie bar in England a few days ago. This is a partial transcript of the evenings happenings.

John is sitting outside puffing a cigar priot to the show starting. He is generally sullen. The hipster/yoga girl bar tender comes out and tries to get him to go to yoga class with her the next day, saying it will improve his mental outlook.

John-My "mental outlook" is fucking fine and will not be improved by my performing contortions.

She then tries to get him to attend a winery with her, but alas, he has other commitments. It's time for the show to start.

They open with a cover of Oasis' "Live Forever". Black is playing a rare bass, oddly tuned, giving the song a trippier vibe, the song also speeds up into a punk rock song on the chorus'. York ad-libs on the first solo, and screws up a couple times, and is very noisy. He plays the second solo as written. When they finish......

John-A cover of an Oasis song is kind of ironic when you really think about it. (everyone snickers, except John's hipster girl who gawfas. She loves irony.) On the drums we have Ian Black, Edmund Pitt on guitar, John York(he points to Kim) on guitar as well, and me on vocals and bass. I'm Kim Black...............move each name to the left and you've got it. Got anything to say Kimmie..................

Kim-uhhhh, Helllllllooooooooo[giggles] (she is propped up on John and may or may not be high)

John-We should keep going.

They play their Single "Only The Beginning" second. The songs length loses some of the audince, causing them to focus on their drinks and conversations. They next play the song "Maneater" from their EP, earning a good response.

John-Honestly, it's so fucking dark in here, I can barely see my instruments, and can't see anyone in the audience. I'm not going to play into a black hole. Please turn the lights up a bit...........please..............(the lights are turned up slightly) A little better.

Kim-Blondie cover time.

They launch into their slowed down. bluesier cover of Blondie's Pretty Baby that they played on The Underground Live

Kim-Before the next song I would like..........to...go ahead and apologize in advance to everyone.............or anyone who's been aborted
John-Jesus Christ, Kim.

The Song is The Sex Pistols anti-abortion anthem "Bodies". It is slightly slowed down into a Post-punk arrangement. Kim imitates Rotten's Vocals, but is completely out of it, spitting with each word. It is followed by the ballad/b-side "Every Road Leads to Your Door"

John-My mother was a fucked up, fucking awfull woman, but she did say one good thing-if you can't say anything nice about someone don't say anything at all. So Instaed I'm going to sing. Yes, me. I will say that acting stupid and being authentic are two entirely different things.

They lauch into a "cover" of Catharsis Power ballad "Without You" John sings in shrieking high vocals, and intentionally screws up the words. He is stopped after a minute.

Edmund-John, seriously, stop it.
John-I'll blow into a trumpet to get the taste out of my mouth.

They play "The Question We All Want Answered" with John on the trumpet, and Ian on the main guitar part.

John-In case no one's noticed, we fucking love Johnny Rotten.

They cover "Public Image" by Public Image Ltd.. It is far noisier than the original, and John usus some samples and turntables. Singing Johnny Rotten while under the influence of a foreign substance is never a good idea, it is apparent that Kim is not well(or that she'd gotten well). Theynext play the ballad "Not What I Want" minus the outro, and The Wrestler. During the next song, their are major tech issues. In house "roadie" type figures are unable to do much. John is growing more and more frustrated and kicks equitment around the room, and lets out a massive stream of obseneties. Kim serenely stares at him raising an eyebrow. They talk amongst themselves......

John-uhhh, sorry for the delay everyone. We're going to try and continue unplugged.

They Play "Does Anybody Care" minues the inro, and with more focus on the brass. Ian plays acoustic ryhthm guitar. They look at the amps again, and are able to get them semi-working. The sound is fuzzy. They give their post-punk song "Fascist Pigs" all they've got. The performance gets the crowd in a flurry. John is playing so agressively that he cuts his hand open. With a huge amount of noise in the establishment, they go into their "hit" My Washboard. It was saved for the end so that no one would leave after it was played.

John-We're now going to play "that one song, by that one new band that was on the radio a couple times" (a rustle in the crowd) So Ki......uhhhhhh

Kim has passed out. A small crowd gathers around her. John pushes people back. She awakes and John helps her up, he whispers something in her ear and she giggles again. John just looks confused. She thinks she can go. They play an equally agressive lo-fi rendition of My Washboard. John's wound gets bigger and there is blood all over his guitar. Kim mumbles the lyrics in a strangely sensuous fashion and then lays down on the stage. The crowd is loving the dirty guitars. So much that, seperate from the crowd and even the music, a makeshift mosh pit has formed.

John-Honestly will you fucking stop it. (guy yell something indecipherable) I've had enough of this.

John hops down, runs over and goes pshycho puching the guy, getting blood all over him, a couple other guys jump on John and beat up his face pretty badly, but others break it up. One of them calls Kim a whore and John tries to go back in but is restrained. The manager gives John a "You're done here" look. John, however goes back on stage.

John-And we're back......Kim(she's still laying on the floor) Oh screw it. We'll do out Nobody Does it Better Cover

The cover, without Kim, is pure silliness. They take turns singing, ambondoning their instruments to run around with the mike. The reaction is mixed between laughs and eye rolls.

John-We're finally done

Kim wakes up. Ian grabs her to get her out before any bargoers can get her in her current condition. John loiters all night. He is sitting outside with his hipster friend. She his cleaning up his hand and face injuries which are swollen.

Bartender-I know it's late, but if you'd come home with me I could put some natural oils on your bruises. They'd heal up in no time
John-Forget it.......
Bartender-Well, I know my house can be a bit dirty but I don't see any......
John-Sure. Are you driving?

Setlist-
1.Live Forever(Oasis cover)
2.Only the Beginning
3.Maneater
4.Pretty Baby (Blondie cover)
5.Bodies (Sex Pistols cover)
6.Every Road Leads to Your Door
7.Without You (Catharsis cover/parody)
8.The Question We All Want Answered
9.Public Image (Public Image Ltd. Cover)
10.Not What I Want
11.The Wrestler
12.Paranoia About Death and Heartbreak; Featuring Observations about Privacy, Sexuality in the Female, and Passages from Carl Jung's Psychology of the Unconscious
13.Does Anybody Really Care
14.Fascist Pigs
15.My Washboard
16.Nobody Does it Better(Carly Simon Cover)

Edited by user 15 April 2011 13:25:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Characters-

Offline infinite135  
#24 Posted : 15 April 2011 12:22:53(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Great gig, guys! 'The Band' seems like a really promising... well, band. Looking forward to seeing future releases by you guys!

-Eric Quillington

OOC: The part about covering Oasis cracked me up. xD
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline John  
#25 Posted : 15 April 2011 13:20:12(UTC)
John

Man

infinite135 wrote:
Great gig, guys! 'The Band' seems like a really promising... well, band. Looking forward to seeing future releases by you guys!

-Eric Quillington

OOC: The part about covering Oasis cracked me up. xD

John-I'd say the only good part about that gig was my making a new friend. Too chaotic. I'm always bleeding on my guitar, though.
My Characters-

Offline Matticus  
#26 Posted : 15 April 2011 19:29:45(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Damion: "OHMAGAWD!! Why did no-one tell me this was happening?!?!!!? Frustratiooooon!! But seriously, dude, that sounds like one maaaaaaaajor kickass show - and I love how you just get on with it... Even without the loverly Kim... This is why you are one if my faaaaaavourite bands!"
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
Offline John  
#27 Posted : 27 April 2011 01:12:32(UTC)
John

Man

Edmund-John's anti-social and misanthropic tendancies have reached their peak, as he is now in the process of writing new songs. We should be able to record soon. It's been more than a year, so everyone is ready.
My Characters-

Offline John  
#28 Posted : 09 May 2011 11:32:50(UTC)
John

Man

Kim's on fire

Note from John-I apologise for the terrible pun. Awfull. Really, really, piss awful. I do not do general statements.
My Characters-

Offline John  
#29 Posted : 15 May 2011 08:57:55(UTC)
John

Man

Early in The Band's public career "management" decided to push John into wearing contact lenses instead of his usual glasses for aesthetic reasons. John has always found this stupid, and recently declared, "screw you guys, I'm wearing glasses". He will hate that a big deal is being made about this, but any nice comments will inflate his ego even further. Anyway, he does look radically different.

UserPostedImage
My Characters-

Offline Matticus  
#30 Posted : 15 May 2011 08:59:12(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Hype: mate, this look really suits you man!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
Offline John  
#31 Posted : 17 May 2011 00:02:42(UTC)
John

Man

John-Our second album, entitled uh, The Band's Second Album, will be released on June 10th. It's going to have a much cleaner and dare I say, poppier sound. It's a very straightforward guitar record. We will dabble in some funkier and more extreme punk influences on a few tracks, and there is an acappella song, so it's not entirely predictable. Anyway, we'll see how people like it. I'm thinking about releasing a track listing
My Characters-

Offline John  
#32 Posted : 20 May 2011 00:17:40(UTC)
John

Man

John-Hello everyone, this is important enough that I feel I should be the one to discuss it. A few days ago, the band Catharsis announced that they would be moving the realease of their album back a month, causing it to come out a week before ours. Management has told me that this was a ploy to hijack our marketing campaign, lowering our sales. Thus, I have decided to move The Band's Second Album back one week, creating a chart war with Catharsis. It will result in both bands selling more than they ever would have. This is one of the few commcercial decisions I'll ever make. We will assuredly "lose", so don't think it's about ego. I don't care how much they sell. I am concerned with making a living, however.
My Characters-

Offline John  
#33 Posted : 26 May 2011 02:42:54(UTC)
John

Man

John-I agree with most of Ashley's comments. I don't have a problem with Catharsis. If I was still 14 they'd be my favorite band.
My Characters-

Offline John  
#34 Posted : 27 May 2011 07:58:44(UTC)
John

Man

Not only did Kim Black not win the "OMG, I would Bone that" award, but she DID NOT EVEN FINISH SECOND. All the work she does on that tummy, and her fierce red hair and freckles, and yet the judges would rather bone others. Silliness. It's so silly, we shouldn't of even commented on it. John doesn't mind because he's so smitten with Miss Meyer. He needs to stop being a dumbass about that. Glasses just don't do it for her John. This will only lead to problems for you. You'll get in a fist-fight, get your glasses knocked off, get beat up, but then sucker punch the other guy so every onlooker thinks you're a dick. That's how it always goes with you. He also should leave the afterparty now. Those are not his people. Why is he even there?

Note from John-FUCK OFF!!!!!! MANAGE THE BAND, NOT MY LIFE!!!!! AMY WILL COME AROUND ONE DAY!!!!! EITHER HER OR THAT ONE GIRL FROM HOME!!!!!!......................... I don't know, whatever.

OOC-Edit-Whoops got my awards shows mixed up. I had just read about the birdies on the twitter thread. My apologies.

Edited by user 27 May 2011 08:00:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Characters-

Offline John  
#35 Posted : 02 June 2011 00:45:02(UTC)
John

Man

"Royal Wedding" single. Song details. Buy our single today and not Catharsis' to give The Band victory in the opening chart skirmish, prior to the albums. Aside from the two studio songs, the single contains a live track.

Royal Wedding-3:41-Music by John York, lyrics by John York and Kim Black-John York considers this one of the two masterpieces he has written on the new record. The song opens with John playing a couple high pitched notes on electric guitar. They have a serious, almost sad, sound. Then, a compressed drum beat enters, followed by a dominant, catchy bass line, and John and Ian on acoustic guitars. Kim Black belts out the lyrics, in a style reminiscent of John Lennon in "I am The Walrus" or "For the Benefit of Mr. Kite". A sitar played by a session musiscian enters in the middle of the verse, adding a layer of trippiness. The first verse is a sarcastic, sneering pledge of allegiance to the royals and the crown. For the chorus, everything but the drums dissapears, and York plays a light electric guitar riff. Black sings a big, huge, pop hook with clean vocals and backing vocals from Ian and Pitt. The chorus has Black stating all the things she's rather do than attend an elitist event, like a Royal Wedding. The song goes into a second verse/chorus cycle that's the same as the first, with Black rebutting everything she said in the first verse, and coming dreadfully close to calling the nobility nazis. She shows surprising vocal prowess by sliding into the second chorus. After the second chorus, there is a collage of jazz samples, with the drum beat continuing. First there is a melodic group of horns playing, which is quickly overwhelmed by a distorted wave of brass noise. A musically complex saxaphone solo quickly fades in and out, before cutting to the bridge. Black sings at the higher end of her registry, with Pitt and Ian singing harmony. The bridge is absract, with Black only pleading for help. There is a very light organ playing, and Black occasionally strums her bass. The chorus is then repeated for a final time, and begins again as the song fades out.

Sounds like(links)
Verses-
Loser by Beck

Chorus-
Beetlebum by Blur

The Things I Forgot to Say-3:08-Written by John York-The song beggins with just Black the chorus singing with Ian and Pitt singing harmony. This opending is slightly distorted. It then goes into a verse, in a guitar driven post-punk arrangement. The chorus is then repeated in this rock style. York than plays a melodic, danceable guitar solo, with a few flourishes at the end before the chorus is repeated again, and there is a "fake ending" after a couple seconds of silence, the loud guitars enter again, and the song fades out as Black, Ian, and Pitt yell past lines from the song. The lyrics describe paranoia about death without telling people close to you your true feelings about them.

"The Royal Wedding" music video-The video was shot on a low budget, with Kim and John as the credited directors. It opens with John playing the opening guitar part sitting alone in a cot. He then walks outside joins Ian and Pitt, who are playing in a grassy English field. The video cuts between them playing, and Black singing, riding a cable car. Kim is dressed in a more "outdoorsy" fashion, wearing a flannel shirt and tight jeans. The others are dressed in coats and ties, minus the tie for York. Just before the chorus, the camera goes tight on Black's face, and the background changes to have her in the country side with The Band. While singing the chorus, she sensuously rolls about in the grass, giving the camera nice views of her bottom and bare stomach, as her shirt has rolled up. She quickly hops up and sings the second verse. The camera is tight on her face the whole time, and moves with her as she walks. She again rolls on the ground for the second chorus, with York, who had left, jumping off a boulder and running up to play his guitar part. The Band are overwhelmed by very bright artificial lights during the jazz segment. York sits down and discusses metaphysics with a talking rabbit(this audio is not in the song) and Black appears to sneeze a bird. Fot the bridge, eveything goes black around them, and they stand in formation, with Kim in front, and even John lip-sinking, even though he didn't sing on the song. Everything goes back to normal for the final chrous, and at the end of the song Kim jumps on John, and they go rolling down a hill as the video fades out.

Edited by user 02 June 2011 05:20:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Characters-

Offline John  
#36 Posted : 02 June 2011 05:59:05(UTC)
John

Man

A Tour to promote "The Band's Second Album" will begin soon.

The UK is comprised of the following locations, with dates to be arranged soon
University of London
University of Leeds
Manchester University
University of York
Oxford University
Cambridge University
University of Nottingham
University of Warwick
University of Bristol
The PUNK club in London

North American Leg-
To ease the pressure of playing their first oversees shows, The Band will start it's North American tour with outdoor shows in exotic locations, likely in front of small crowds. These locations are-
San Juan, Puerta Rico
The U.S Virgin Islands
Grand Cayman
Miami
Palm Beach
Sarasota
Ft. Lauderdale

There will also be a limited number of University shows at-
The University of Central Florida
The University of Texas
Boston University
Cal-Berkeley

The tour will wrap up with shows at four valley area punk clubs
My Characters-

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#37 Posted : 02 June 2011 06:17:07(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Lily: I'll have to catch one of your shows :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
John on 02/06/2011(UTC)
Offline bdylan88  
#38 Posted : 02 June 2011 10:10:44(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: John Go to Quoted Post
"Royal Wedding" single. Song details. Buy our single today and not Catharsis' to give The Band victory in the opening chart skirmish, prior to the albums. Aside from the two studio songs, the single contains a live track.

Royal Wedding-3:41-Music by John York, lyrics by John York and Kim Black-John York considers this one of the two masterpieces he has written on the new record. The song opens with John playing a couple high pitched notes on electric guitar. They have a serious, almost sad, sound. Then, a compressed drum beat enters, followed by a dominant, catchy bass line, and John and Ian on acoustic guitars. Kim Black belts out the lyrics, in a style reminiscent of John Lennon in "I am The Walrus" or "For the Benefit of Mr. Kite". A sitar played by a session musiscian enters in the middle of the verse, adding a layer of trippiness. The first verse is a sarcastic, sneering pledge of allegiance to the royals and the crown. For the chorus, everything but the drums dissapears, and York plays a light electric guitar riff. Black sings a big, huge, pop hook with clean vocals and backing vocals from Ian and Pitt. The chorus has Black stating all the things she's rather do than attend an elitist event, like a Royal Wedding. The song goes into a second verse/chorus cycle that's the same as the first, with Black rebutting everything she said in the first verse, and coming dreadfully close to calling the nobility nazis. She shows surprising vocal prowess by sliding into the second chorus. After the second chorus, there is a collage of jazz samples, with the drum beat continuing. First there is a melodic group of horns playing, which is quickly overwhelmed by a distorted wave of brass noise. A musically complex saxaphone solo quickly fades in and out, before cutting to the bridge. Black sings at the higher end of her registry, with Pitt and Ian singing harmony. The bridge is absract, with Black only pleading for help. There is a very light organ playing, and Black occasionally strums her bass. The chorus is then repeated for a final time, and begins again as the song fades out.

Sounds like(links)
Verses-
Loser by Beck

Chorus-
Beetlebum by Blur

The Things I Forgot to Say-3:08-Written by John York-The song beggins with just Black the chorus singing with Ian and Pitt singing harmony. This opending is slightly distorted. It then goes into a verse, in a guitar driven post-punk arrangement. The chorus is then repeated in this rock style. York than plays a melodic, danceable guitar solo, with a few flourishes at the end before the chorus is repeated again, and there is a "fake ending" after a couple seconds of silence, the loud guitars enter again, and the song fades out as Black, Ian, and Pitt yell past lines from the song. The lyrics describe paranoia about death without telling people close to you your true feelings about them.

"The Royal Wedding" music video-The video was shot on a low budget, with Kim and John as the credited directors. It opens with John playing the opening guitar part sitting alone in a cot. He then walks outside joins Ian and Pitt, who are playing in a grassy English field. The video cuts between them playing, and Black singing, riding a cable car. Kim is dressed in a more "outdoorsy" fashion, wearing a flannel shirt and tight jeans. The others are dressed in coats and ties, minus the tie for York. Just before the chorus, the camera goes tight on Black's face, and the background changes to have her in the country side with The Band. While singing the chorus, she sensuously rolls about in the grass, giving the camera nice views of her bottom and bare stomach, as her shirt has rolled up. She quickly hops up and sings the second verse. The camera is tight on her face the whole time, and moves with her as she walks. She again rolls on the ground for the second chorus, with York, who had left, jumping off a boulder and running up to play his guitar part. The Band are overwhelmed by very bright artificial lights during the jazz segment. York sits down and discusses metaphysics with a talking rabbit(this audio is not in the song) and Black appears to sneeze a bird. Fot the bridge, eveything goes black around them, and they stand in formation, with Kim in front, and even John lip-sinking, even though he didn't sing on the song. Everything goes back to normal for the final chrous, and at the end of the song Kim jumps on John, and they go rolling down a hill as the video fades out.

Simply amazing! Outstanding! We'd really like to do a project with you soon. Perhaps a single?
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

thanks 1 user thanked bdylan88 for this useful post.
John on 02/06/2011(UTC)
Offline John  
#39 Posted : 02 June 2011 10:22:38(UTC)
John

Man

Originally Posted by: bdylan88 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: John Go to Quoted Post

Sounds like(links)
Verses-
Loser by Beck

Chorus-
Beetlebum by Blur

Simply amazing! Outstanding! We'd really like to do a project with you soon. Perhaps a single?

John-Good coming from you. It looks like it's going to become a classic in a bad way, the BBC is giving us more shit than any band since The Pistols over this. Kim or I would love to do something on one of your records.

OOC-You can PM me about what you want to do. Kim can be a featured vocalist, or John can play a solo or a world instrument. Thanks for the reply. When I first did it I thought it was pretty good, but then I didn't get any replies for a while and looked at it again and realized it felt better when I was typing it. I briefly thought about quitting after I finished my few commitments on here, but then figured I should just do whatever I want.
My Characters-

Offline John  
#40 Posted : 02 June 2011 23:22:02(UTC)
John

Man

The new single's results have been mixed. Despite being our top charting UK single, and it's lyrics causing a media frenzy, "Royal Wedding" was not a hit in the UK. Radio stations were probably afraid to play it. The BBC may throw down a ban on the song, the first in some time. The song has become a full out hit in the US, however, reaching number 2 on the US Modern Rock Charts, ans sitting just outside the top forty on Billboard.
My Characters-