logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline John  
#41 Posted : 04 June 2011 01:11:20(UTC)
John

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 27 post(s)
The Band's Second Album is out today!!!!! It goes on today, at the same time as Catharsis' album. Buy The Band's guys!!!!!!

Traclisting-
All songs written by John York(except where noted)
Produced by George Greenwood, from an idea by John York
1.Overture-4:04
2.I Hope You're Not Involved At All-3:32 (music by George Greenwood, lyrics by John York)
3.Don't Let Me Down-7:04 (lyrics by Kim Black
4.The Montagues and Capulets- 2:54
5.Royal Wedding-3:23 (lyrics by John York and Kim Black)
6.Bloody Disgrace-3:28
7.Where Do We Go From Here-4:48
8.Between Us-1:31 (lyrics by Kim Black)
9.I Forgot How Nice it Is-2:34
10.House of Lords-5:38- (lyrics by John York and Kim Black)

Critical Response-
The album has recieved a solid, generally positive response. It has been praised for its hooks, with a reviewer saying, "despite all his pretentions, John York is essentially just writing pop songs here, but they're great ones." Some have been less enthusiastic, noting that this feels like a regression after the more ambitious first album.

Rolling Stone-4/5
Robert Christgau-thumbs down
Pitchfork-7.5/10
NME-4.5/5
Q-4/5
Spin-4/5
Allmusic-3.5/5

Album artwork-
The album cover is a black and white photo of the band, with York and Kim standing in front of a castle, and Ian and Pitt looking down from above. The photo is from a low, odd angle. York is wearing a full suit and Black is covered by a trench coat. The back of the album features The Band's coat of arms logo, which had been on the cover of all prior realeases. The inside of the album has various female "friends of The Band" in provacative poses, with their faces blocked. There is already speculation that one may or may not be Kim Black

Track Descriptions-

1.Overture-This is a instrumental, orchestral opening to the album. It starts low and chaotic, giving off an ill forboading. It then builds to an early crescendo, before settling into its main melody, with several key changes along the way. There is an emphasis on the brass. The song then builds to a final crescendo, with the drums pounding. A piano loop enters during this segment, and continues into the beginning of the next song.

2.I Hope You're Not Involved At All-The song begins with nothing but Kim singing an opening with the formal piano loop as the backdrop. Just as the loop begins to fade out, guitars enter. A fast drum beat enters behind them, and York begins an extraordinarily fast opening solo. The song then repeats a verse and chorus twice, in a Post-punk style with backing vocals on the chorus. Black's vocals are shouty and expressive. The lyrics are in the second person, with Black trying to talk a girl out of becoming a prostitute. York based the lyrics on his feelings when he found out a girl he had crush on in school had to work evenings as a streetwalker.

Sounds Like (link)-
"Dancing Shoes" by the Arctic Monkeys

3. Don't Let Me down-
The song starts with only Black's voice for the first few words, before piano enters for an opening bit. On the first real verse, Ian enters on acoustic guitar. Soft electric guitar and the rhythm section come in on the first chrous. On the second run-through, Pitt and Ian sing harmony, and a formal English horn part enters. The songs opening is repeated again, this time with the full arrangement. After this, the song appears to end, with the Blacks and Pitt singig after the music has ended. But the song completely changes shape, as York begins an extended guitar solo. It begins melodically, but heavier than the rest of the songs poppy sound. After a few small flourishes, it becomes noisy and feedback heavy for a short time. Open chords segway into the bulk of the solo, which is an extended homage to Jimmi Hendrix. York imitates his fuzzy sound, and fast fretboard action. He also uses bluesy wah-wah affects. As the solo builds in speed, York plays a sloppy, wild bit. He starts to play genuinely badly, but ti fits with where the song was headed. At the concllusion of the solo, he returns to the riff from the early parts of the solo, playing at mid-tempo. Handclaps, and Kim singing "nah-nah-mah" enter as the solo finishes. For a few seconds there is nothing but the melodic hand-claps, prior to the song cutting off. The lyrics in the opening were Black trying to talk a younger girl into admitting her feelings to a boy.
Sounds Like-
opening-
"Penny Lane" by The Beatles

solo-
Voodoo Child by Jimmi Hendrix

4.The Montagues and Capulets-The song goes through it's first verse and chorus in a post-punk style. The first verse uses a "call and response" vocal style It also concludes with them, with backing vocals on the final chorus. The chorus uses heavy noise compression, but still has a romantic, bitter-sweet vocal hook, reminiscent of "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys. The two sections are linked by a bridge another solo from York. He continues playing in a post-punk style, with the song getting heavier and heavier, untill his solo ends in a burst of noise reminiscent of 60's garage rock. The lyrics are about York's various romantic failings. The title comes from the first verse about a girl York knew as a boy. Her parents did not approve of his "hooligan" image. The second verse is cryptic, but may be inspired by his inability to begin a relationship with his friend Amy Meyer.

Sounds Like-
Someday by The Strokes

6.Bloody Disgrace-The opening verse of the song is done is a bluesy, doo-waa style. For the chorus it picks up into a heavy, fast, extreme punk segment. This continues on the second verse, and the next chorus is played twice in this style. The song then suddenly slows down into a mid-pace heavy style(AC/DC without the swagger). A final verse and chorus are platyed like this, before the song veers out of control in the finale, with Black spewing out an ad-libbed, profanity laced, semi-rap rant. The lyris discuss anarchy, and how it would be better to live under it instead of some governments.

Sounds Like-
Califronia Uber Alles by The Dead Kennedy's

7.Where Do We Go From Here-The song has a brief instrumental opening. It is in the Band's typical sound, but driven by jazz horns. The horns leave after this, with the first two verses and chorus's being played in a post-punk arrangement. There are harmony vocals in the second verse After the second chorus, there is a bridge, which is only a drum beat and Ian singing, followed by open chords from York and the bridge being repeated again. Guitars re-enter, and build into a wave of feedback and noise. They are abruptly cut off and a string section enters. Kim returns to the lead vocal spot, and sings a final verse, only backed by strings. It is mid-tempo and very poppy. The song concludes with Black repeating the first line of the song, while York plays a few notes softly on electric guitar. The lyrics are comic, with York bemoaning the instability of the music industry. It is partially inspired by his long evening at the Chaos awards afterparty with Cassie Summers and Kamacazi Kate.

Sounds like-
Last Nite by the Strokes

8.Between Us-This is a brief song. The lyrics are Black complaining that a man only esnts to be with "lower-end" women. Black's vocals are high-pitched squeals. It opens with just she and her bass. A funky guitar riff from York enters soon. At the end of the song, there is a build-up where drums eneter, and it sounds like it is going to reach some big arena rock finale, but instead it abruptly cuts off.

Sound like-
Scar Tissue by The Red Hot Chili Peppers

9.I Forgot How Nice it Is-The song opens with finger snaps, immediately cutting in from the end of the prior song. It is accapella, with Black singing lead and Ian and Pitt providing vocal percussion, occasionally coming in to sing with her in unison. York can be heard slapping a table for percussion. The lyrics are about the joys of being in love, specifically with a girl with orange hair.

10.The House Of Lords-The song opens by repeating a verse twice. Black sings in a semi-rap delivery. The only intruments are drums and York's acoustic guitar. The drum beat speeds up, and Black's bass enters with her playing extremely fast. The bass and drums fade out as an orchestra fades in, playing an extended interlude reminiscnet of the Romantic Period. This abruptly cuts off. Ian begins singing a verse, backed by nothing but a fast piano riff from John. Following this, the first verse is sung again, with the piano riff continuing. The song builds up the same way it did before, culminating in an entirely diferent otchestral segment. It crescndos, and after a few seconds of silence, York begins a melodic, melodramatic guitar solo and concludes the album with a loud power chord. York considers this the second masterpiece on the album. It could be interperted as an anti-police anthem, with the lyrics describing two incidents from York's life. Once where he was beaten by cops, and another time where he was arrested for handing out food without a permitt.
Sounds like-
A Day in the Life by The Beatles

and
Like a Rolling Stone by Bob Dylan

Edited by user 07 June 2011 00:10:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Characters-
John York-Guitarist/Multi-Instrumentalist-Genres-Alt Rock/Post-Punk, heavily interested in the Avant-Guard-Face Claim-Graham Coxon- Is Currently-Screwing around
Kim Black-Vocalist/Bassist-Post-Punk/New Wave-Is currently-In India trying to find herself
Website for my old Post-Punk band, which featured John and Kim

Offline bikz  
#42 Posted : 04 June 2011 02:10:50(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Loving the album, very much my sort of thing, reminiscent of some classic bands from my day - you don't hear much of that sort of thing these days! Haha, I sound so old, I'm not really, I just like some musical legends! Good luck in your war thing I guess, don't let it get too far out of hand though - two artists on the same management group as me have declared 'war' on each other, can raise hell in the office sometimes.
-Somerset Bissell [bass // Moronic Changeling]
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
thanks 1 user thanked bikz for this useful post.
John on 04/06/2011(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#43 Posted : 04 June 2011 02:24:18(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Lily: Pretty good album. You guys are a band to be reckoned with ;)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
John on 04/06/2011(UTC)
Offline John  
#44 Posted : 04 June 2011 02:26:05(UTC)
John

Man

Originally Posted by: bikz Go to Quoted Post
Loving the album, very much my sort of thing, reminiscent of some classic bands from my day - you don't hear much of that sort of thing these days! Haha, I sound so old, I'm not really, I just like some musical legends! Good luck in your war thing I guess, don't let it get too far out of hand though - two artists on the same management group as me have declared 'war' on each other, can raise hell in the office sometimes.
-Somerset Bissell [bass // Moronic Changeling]

John-Thank you. And, uhh, I'm sure you're not old. I don't know how old you are or anything, but............uhh thanks. The chart thing is probably a one time thing. It's not like we travel in the same circles anymore anyway.
My Characters-
John York-Guitarist/Multi-Instrumentalist-Genres-Alt Rock/Post-Punk, heavily interested in the Avant-Guard-Face Claim-Graham Coxon- Is Currently-Screwing around
Kim Black-Vocalist/Bassist-Post-Punk/New Wave-Is currently-In India trying to find herself

Offline John  
#45 Posted : 07 June 2011 00:09:50(UTC)
John

Man

The Band has triumphed in their battle with catharsis. The Band's Second Album debuted at no. 6 on the UK album charts, whereas Catharsis' record was a huge dissapointment in the UK. Depite theirs being a hit in other countries, The Band is being declared the "winner" by the British press. They were invited to a posh party by a prominent underground DJ following the release of the charts last night. Kim arrived in a home made t-shirt declaring "James White's Album sales aren't the obnly thing that's small". John was mopey and generally avoided cameras, but when pressed had the following to say.

"Look, those guys are a joke. When they first came up I thought they were being ironic, but I should have known better. The just act stupid and make generic music. Do we need to keep talking about them? I don't want to rant about other artists, but really."

The Band's Second album also debuted at no. 21 in the US.
My Characters-

Offline John  
#46 Posted : 07 June 2011 23:57:53(UTC)
John

Man

Kim is going to be gracing the cover of tomorrow's Rolling Stone issue, with an interview inside. This is a big moment for The Band as a whole. Be sure to check it out.

OOC-I've already written the story, and I think it's the best thing I've done on here so far. I'm looking forward to posting it.
My Characters-

Offline John  
#47 Posted : 09 June 2011 00:00:30(UTC)
John

Man

Today is a big day for The Band indeed. The Band's Second Album has already earned Silver certification in the UK after just four weeks, equaling the entire sales of the first album. Kim is also on the Cover of Rolling Stone, vastly increasing The Band's notereity. Don't worry, it's impossible to miss her cover. In a brilliant display of patriotism(that will surely atone for some of the lyrics on the new album) Kim is wearing nothing on the cover except for Union Jack bloomers and a strategically placed full-size Union Jack. There are more lovely photos of her inside.

UserPostedImage

The cover story-

I am the envy of every rock journalist. I get to interview the lovely, fresh-faced, Brit, Kim Black. Everyone here wanted this assignment, but I got it. I came, I saw, I conquered, baby. She hasn’t wanted to talk to the media until now, the combination of Rolling Stone, and the inevitability of her fame have led to her “coming out” into public life. She’s already done the photo shoot (now those are the REALLY lucky guys.) I start in an urban area in England; I’m leaned against a brick wall, waiting. Here she comes. Kim usually dresses like a colorblind schoolgirl. Today she’s just got a t-shirt and jeans, and no shoes. How trendily minimalist. She goes barefoot whenever possible. We go through the customary greetings. She’s a bit shy, having never been interviewed before. I ask her if there’s anywhere we can go where she’d feel really at ease. This leads us to her studio apartment. It is just one large room, with a back overlook, and a bathroom not much larger than a telephone booth. The closest thing to a kitchen is a microwave sitting in the back corner. I see of variety of Inquisition era torture devices in the other corner; that’s how she keeps that stomach so perfect, “out of boredom” in her words. The place is a mess, she admits that her commitment to sanitation is lacking. The bed probably hasn’t been made since she moved in. There are stacks and stacks of CD’s and Vinyl up against the wall. The complete discography’s of every abrasive, guitar driven British New Wave band known to man are here before me. The other usual suspects are here, Old-school punk (Kim has a framed photo of Sid Vicious up on her wall), mildly cheesy 70’s jazz/funk rock, plus lots of Miles Davis for a bit of sophistication. Plus some 50’s representation from Chuck Berry and Little Richard. She’s got the traditional British favorites, Beatles, Blur, Stones, and Stone Roses. Plus more alternative offerings from Radiohead and Arcade Fire, and various extreme punk bands. She might own every release from every act to have ever been labeled “riot grrl”. There are poppier discs hidden in there too, Paramore, Christina Aguilera, even The Carpenters, who have become the first band since The Beach Boys (who she also loves) to become so un-hip that it’s hip to like them. Girl can pick up a trend. She should be a music critic. I might’ve pulled a knife, and jacked half of this stuff (sans the Riot Grrl crap, and I can really do without the O-Jays, but you get the point) but then what would the poor girl do with her life? We talked about her specific idols; she lists Beth Gibbons from Portishead, Karen O, and Debbie Harry. Especially Debbie Harry. She wouldn’t just want to be her for a day, no, maybe a year, or the rest of her natural life. She’s always loved the bass more than anything in music. So if she shows up at your gig, just know for once it’s not going to be the guitarist who gets the hot chick. We talked about bass at length; she expressed her admiration for the skills of Dave Allen from Gang of Four, John Paul Jones, Kim Gordon, Flee, Paul McCartney, and various Public Image Ltd. bassists. Her floor is littered with more than just albums. I see objects so diverse that I wondered if she was schizophrenic or had a roommate I didn’t know about. In one pile I see a copy of Wuthering Heights, a lacy thong, and what, after a double take, looked like a bong. That relationship could prove troublesome. John York has declared that he will kick anyone out of The Band who uses hard drugs, given his own bad bout with Heroine as a teenager. Nonetheless, we don’t know what she’s doing, so the gossip section will now end. We finally head out to the back balcony. She has a small hot tub installed, which is only for “special guests”. Apparently, Kim doesn’t think I’m special. We talked about her photo shoot. I asked if she was worried about any unclean thoughts it might trigger. “Not a bit” she says, in fact, she can’t think of anything better for 14 year old boys to do than wack off to her. “It keeps them off the streets” she says. She’s really relieved that the new album is doing well commercially, because had it flopped, “John was going to make me tell people I was bi.” She laughs. We move on to what she thinks of other artists. We all know how women can be so catty. So, yeah, this is more gossip.

What does she actually think of Catharsis?

“Actually, I don’t think of Catharsis” she says.

John York’s “friend” Amy Meyer?

“I don’t know why she didn’t want to date him. He’s brilliant and his glasses are so cute. He’s got a slightly over-developed sense of self, but you can get that fixed, right?”

John’s other “friend” Cassie “bitch” Summers?

“I fucking HATE Cassie. She’s the worst. John’s only nice to her because he thinks if he gets in her pants it’ll be some superhuman sexual experience. I bet she’s a BIG FLOP. All talk and no game.”
Glamazon?

“Her ax is cool.” She has nothing more to say.

Stephanie Fierce?

Apparently, Kim used to think she was okay, but Steph wasn’t nice to her one time and she’s still sulking. Oh well.

And so our interview ended. I was pleased with myself. I managed to get some “dirt” and not just throw softballs all day. Sure I was easy on her, but if you were there, you’d of been cleaning up her apartment for her in between giving her foot massages. She’s got that soft, oh-so-upper-middle class British accent. The look she’s always got in her eye, plus the freckles always make it seem like she’s coming up with something naughty to do. Even though the famous tummy was covered, I still struggled to make eye contact; her butt looked positively perfect in those jeans. She might actually be perfect. If only she’d clean up more. Or write some of her band’s songs, but that’s a discussion for another interview.
My Characters-

Offline DistortedAudio  
#48 Posted : 09 June 2011 00:12:33(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
"Gave me insight on the thought process of one of my favorite British bands and the hottest chick I know...besides my girlfriend."
- Paul Glover

OOC: Funny interview, I liked it.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#49 Posted : 09 June 2011 03:14:52(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Isabel: I think you are very cool Kim :)

OOC: Lol funny. Love how she had nothing more to say about Glamazon.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline John  
#50 Posted : 10 June 2011 00:32:57(UTC)
John

Man

The Band played there first overseas concert!!!!!!!! It was a small scale event on a beach in the Carrebean. The following might've happened-

The Band are preparing to play their show. There are approximately ten people in attendence. No one can be sure. It is unclear whether a figure in the distance is two people, or just a very obese woman. John and Ian had quite a discussion about this. Kim, apparently not satistfied with all the attention she's recieving due to the Rolling Stone issue, is wearing "Daisy Duke" jeans and a bikini top. The three guys are wearing board shorts and matching button downs. John complains that they look like The Beach Boys.

Kim-SHUT UP JOHN!!!!! ONE DAY WE'LL BE JUST LIKE THE BEACH BOYS!!!!!! (now into the microphone) Hello everyone (*there are wistles and cat calls, she loves that*), we're The Band.

The crowd is confused

John-don't try to explain it.

They start with a cover of The Rolling Stone's Satistfaction. It is radically different. They do it in a noise rock arrangement, with the famous guitar riff now being Kim's bassline. Kim's vocals are high picthed yelps; backing vocals come in at the end of the song. They kind of get an ovation, because there are only ten people.

John-Thank you. Now we'll actually play our songs.

They start with Don't Let Me Down. The opening is more guitar driven as York switches from piano to guitar after the very beginning, and there is no trumpet part. Just before Kim sings one of the choruses, there is a problem. A couple middle-aged men in the "audience" see fit to disparage their cover of Satistfaction, and make comments about Kim that should not be repeated in any transcript. Kim changes the lines of the chorus to "Shut up, asshole" and they leave. Carrying on, John plays the guitar solo surprisingly well, and didn't "dumb it down" much for the concert. They next play Royal Wedding's raucous B-side Things I Forgot to Say, the acoustic epis Only The Beginning from the first album, and Maneater from the debut EP, which is quickly becoming a fan favorite. Not that they have any fans here. They play another of the new songs, The Montagues and Capulets. For the next song, Fascist Pigs from the first album, Ian "plays roadie" by helping Kim switch bass's, and she has to walk around on it and do a vareity of horrific things to it to tune it properly for the song. The show rolls on, with them next playing the B-side ballad Every Road Road Leads to Your Door, the new album's hardcore punk number, Bloody Disgrace, and another of the first album's epics, The Wrestler. Next is a shortened (extended piano segment ommited) version of Does Anybody Really Care, followed by the last of their new songs for the evening, I Hope You're not Involved At All. The song's piano riff in the opening is slightly altered. They then play the "My Washboard" single, opening with the title song, which one guy in the audience has heard and likes, followed by it's B-side, the ballad Not What I Want.

John-Sorry, it's time for another cover. But it's from one of the greatest songwriters of all time, so it can't be that bad.

It's a cover of Elvis Costello's Alison. It's sped up and played as more of a punk/rock song, and John has some open chords at the end. Now another problem emerges. A police officer says that this area is not on the "Official Venue list". He asks if The Band is registered as entertainment with the government. He asks them to come with him. John decides this might be a good time to conlude the show. The run off, and after an ever so brief car chase are able to get enough ahead of the cops to go to their hotel and hide. They leave the next day to play another "Island concert". John is actually excited about reaching the mainland US.

setlist

1.Satistfaction (Rolling Stones cover)
2.Don't Let Me Down
3.Things I Forgot to Say
4.Only the Beginning
5.Maneater
6.The Montagues and Capulets
7.Fascist Pigs
8.Every Road Leads to Your Door
9.Bloody Disgrace
10.The Wrestler
11.Does Anybody Really Care?
12.I Hope You're Not Involved at All
13.My Washboard
14.Every Road Leads to Your Door
15.Alison (Elvis Costello cover)
My Characters-

Offline John  
#51 Posted : 10 June 2011 23:32:56(UTC)
John

Man

The song, Where Do We Go From Here will be released as the second single from The Band's Second Album. It's B-sides will include a studio and live cover of The Beatles' I Am the Walrus. It is played in a punk rock style, and concludes in an affects heavy solo from John York, backed by many of the same samples from the original. Kim Black's vocals are positively ferocious. Strings briefly enter on the studio version.

A big-budget music video for Where Do We Go From Here will be produced. A desription should be posted in a few days. A live video of I Am the Walrus will be posted to The Band's vevo channel, and sent to music stations as well.
My Characters-

Offline John  
#52 Posted : 12 June 2011 00:22:56(UTC)
John

Man

"Where Do We Go From Here" has become another US hit. It is The Band's second consecutive single to reach no. 2 on the modern rock charts and the top 40. The single, despite being their highest charting ever, is not much of a success in the UK. Despite album sales being highest in their home country, The Band does not have a hit there, unless one counts "Royal Wedding" which is extremely popular despite not charting well.
My Characters-

Offline John  
#53 Posted : 13 June 2011 03:22:27(UTC)
John

Man

Where Do We Go From Here is becomign a bigger hit. It has become a mild crossover hit in the US, reaching the top 30 in the pop charts. It is also recieving play on BBC 1. This can be attributed to the success of its music video. Coming off this success, The Band is going to play on the American series "Let's Find Another Pop Star" sometime this week. Be on the lookout for an account on this site
My Characters-

Offline John  
#54 Posted : 15 June 2011 00:14:34(UTC)
John

Man

The PA announcer starts this episode of “Let’s Find Another Pop Star.”

“HELLLLLOOOOOO EVERYONE, WELCOME TO ‘LET’S FIND ANOTHER POP STAR’!!!!!!” *loud techno music plays* “Now let’s give a big welcome to androgynous MC guy.”

“Hello everyone, I’m the androgynous MC guy. Let’s welcome this year’s remaining contestants. First, we have the female country singer whose only here so that she can get a break from her obese mom in Alabama.” The crowd claps. Some girls scream. “Next, we’ve got the good looking teenage boy, who can’t sing a lick but is still on here because of teenage girls and people who think it’s funny that he’s still on here.” Screams from girls. Scattered boos. “Now we’ve got “The Rocker”, who covers Journey every week, even when he’s not playing a Journey song. AND NOW, LET’S HERE IT FOR…………….The charming white boy with the acoustic guitar.”

The crowd goes nuts. They love their white boy with the acoustic guitar.

“Wow” says the androgynous MC guy, “You guys love charming white boy with the acoustic guitar. Well, let me tell you, we KNOW his destiny right. Because this show is….”

His microphone is turned off. He looks around confused. Some guys come out and talk to him. The show resumes.

“Alright, now let’s hear it for our judges. First we have the music producer guy who you’ve never heard of but is still supposed to have credibility. Next up, the middle-aged pop star who is only on here to promote her sporadically released work. And, FINALLY, it’s the rude British guy who we hope you get confused with Simon Cowell.”

The crowd goes ballistic. They hate him. He pointed out that charming white boy with the acoustic guitar sang sharp. HOW COULD HE SAY THAT!!! BOO!!!!! BOO!!!!!!! Androgynous MC guy starts again.

“Okay, now that we’ve spent all this time telling you the names of people you already know…….It’s time for our first commercial break, followed by our musical guest for the evening.”
Commercial Break-

After the commercial, Androgynous MC guy is standing on top of a tower that looks like a giant Coke bottle.

“Welcome back, America. Now it’s time to hear from the alt.-rock group, The Band. They have two number two hits on the US Modern Rock charts. You can still finish second and be a winner kids. Now they’re going to play the song that got banned by The BBC……..Royal Wedding.”

The Band is already out on stage. Kim is wearing a tie, with an argyle sweater over it, rolled up a bit. She has knickers and a grey skirt. John and Ian are wearing Sonic Youth and Dead Kennedys t-shirts, respectively, because they “aren’t dressing up for these people.” They play Royal Wedding. Ian is on acoustic guitar while John is on electric. The Middle School girls and middle-aged parents that constitute most of the crowd barely have any idea who they are, but a group of Band fans have made the trip, and cheer loudly. They sing along with every chorus. John “gives them the eye” pointing his fingers at them throughout the song, and Kim blows kisses when the song has ended. Kim sings ferociously, snarling every word of the verse, and makes sure her clean vocals are much higher than The Female Country Singer Whose Only on the Show to Get Away from Her Obese Mom in Alabama. She made a point of that. There is a live session musician playing sitar. John uses a tape machine for the samples, and bends over a keyboard for the bridge. At the song’s conclusion, they add a ten second or so outro where John plays a power cord, and Pitt bangs the drums. John creates feedback from his guitar at the song’s conclusion, creating a positively ugly sound that serves as a flip of the bird to everyone in attendance. Androgynous MC guy comes out to chat with them.

“So,” he says, “with the recent success of The Band, do you guys have any advice for our contestants?”
He’s talking to Kim, as she is the singer and has the most pop appeal. But John steps in front

“Well, I would advise that they sing properly.” in what may or may not be a jab at the show, “I’ll also say that they shouldn’t listen to anyone. Yes that’s good. They can think over that paradox for a while.”

Androgynous MC guy is slightly put off by John. He taunts him.

“So, you’re the big rock star, when are you going to do something offensive?”

“Do you want me to call you a cunt or a motherfucker or something?”

Androgynous MC guy laughs and casts a condescending look towards the camera, prior to having a sound in his earpiece. The show was live. John just dropped the C, and MF-bombs on live television. There is huge applause from The Band’s fans. Androgynous MC guy apologizes to America.

“I’m sorry to anyone who heard that, I didn’t know we were live.”

“I did.” Says John. The Band’s fans go wild. The parents are covering their kids ears. The Band are getting shuffled offstage. This show will never be the same. Androgynous MC guy is in a daze.

“Uhhh, next we’re going to spend 45 minutes telling you who lost this week……….You know what, screw this. Rocker guy who covers Journey every week even when he’s not playing a Journey song, you lose. Everyone make their surprised face. Okay, good. We’re done. Next time.”

Edited by user 15 June 2011 00:55:47(UTC)  | Reason: Typos

My Characters-

Offline Matticus  
#55 Posted : 15 June 2011 00:23:10(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
OOC: That was one of the funniest RPs i've ever read xD haha, i loved it!

Damion Holmes: AAAHHH!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! JOHN I LOVE YOU, THE BAND, YOU ARE AWESOME!!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 1 user thanked Matticus for this useful post.
John on 15/06/2011(UTC)
Offline John  
#56 Posted : 15 June 2011 04:15:19(UTC)
John

Man

Originally Posted by: Matticus Go to Quoted Post

Damion Holmes: AAAHHH!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! JOHN I LOVE YOU, THE BAND, YOU ARE AWESOME!!

Kim-But don't you love me? I guess it's okay if you don't.*sniffs*
My Characters-

Offline Matticus  
#57 Posted : 15 June 2011 04:17:42(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Originally Posted by: John Go to Quoted Post

Damion: I love all of you Kim. Don't tell the others - but you are what makes you guys' music so awesome!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#58 Posted : 15 June 2011 04:19:05(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

OOC: Lol you're Rp's are so funny :)

Isabel: Oh my. =O
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline John  
#59 Posted : 15 June 2011 06:40:27(UTC)
John

Man

Damion: I love all of you Kim. Don't tell the others - but you are what makes you guys' music so awesome!

Kim-I was just kidding. I was operating under the assumtion that you loved me.

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Lol you're Rp's are so funny :)

Isabel: Oh my. =O

Edmund-Our episode of "Let's Find Another Pop Star" was for mature audiences, I'm afraid. I'm sure John is sorry if he hurt your little ears or something.

Edited by user 15 June 2011 06:42:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Characters-

Offline Matticus  
#60 Posted : 15 June 2011 06:41:17(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Kim-I was just kidding. I was operating under the assumtion that you loved me.

Damion: Yeah.. i realised that... heh...
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype