logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 14 February 2011 08:10:22(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
So surprised in Lady Gaga. I was expecting something epic and technical like the dubstep beauty of Dance In The Dark and the upbeat Bad Romance, but she totally let me down this time around with Born this Way. Its a total rip off of Madonna's song, can't get my finger on its name, but I'm pretty sure. Seems like she took the easy route and put out a regular dance song that sounds a bit annoying. What do you guys think?

They've also been putting her song up against Britney Spears' Hold It Agaisnt Me, and HIAM owns Gaga's songwise
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline GirlSpice  
#2 Posted : 14 February 2011 08:23:40(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
IMO, "Hold It Against Me" is way better but "Born This Way" has grown on me a little, I'd still say it's nothing special considering she's been hyping it up for around a year, hopefully the next single is better!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline Aj  
#3 Posted : 14 February 2011 08:29:29(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I wouldn't really call 'Dance in the Dark' dubstep.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 14 February 2011 08:30:33(UTC)
Famouss7x7

GirlSpice wrote:
IMO, "Hold It Against Me" is way better but "Born This Way" has grown on me a little, I'd still say it's nothing special considering she's been hyping it up for around a year, hopefully the next single is better!

That's what I was saying. She hyped this single since the VMA's of last year, I would expect it to be blockbuster and as I was listening to the song for the first time you may not believe me but I checked for the song again because I couldn't believe that was really the song lol. I really like Lady Gaga but it was a huge let down. It has a good beat but it sounds all over the place...
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 14 February 2011 08:31:58(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Aj wrote:

I'd think it was dubstep/Dance Pop.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Aj  
#6 Posted : 14 February 2011 08:34:29(UTC)
Aj

Man

Famouss7x7 wrote:
Aj wrote:

Nah, you Americans don't understand what dubstep is.

That is dubstep, as in what it's like now, for proper pure dubstep check Skream's early stuff, but Dance in the Dark certainly ain't dubstep.

Edited by user 14 February 2011 08:35:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 14 February 2011 08:39:38(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Aj wrote:
Famouss7x7 wrote:
Aj wrote:

Nah, you Americans don't understand what dubstep is.

That is dubstep, as in what it's like now, for proper pure dubstep check Skream's early stuff, but Dance in the Dark certainly ain't dubstep.

Trust me, it has NOTHING to do with nationality/ethnicity. Maybe in your opinion it does.

But from what I know in dubstep, Gaga's song does show elements of the genre in the song, without a doubt. But this discussion isn't exactly about what genre DITD is.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#8 Posted : 14 February 2011 08:42:45(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Dance in the dark isn't dubstep.....

Both singles suck ass. But I do prefer Britney's. But I'm more disappointed in Britney than I am with Gaga. Simply because Britney, worked with Dr.luke once again. I think she should try someone else for a change.

I do respect that Lady Gaga wrote the single "Solely" (probably bullshit). But let's just say she did. I think that was a huge mistake on her behalf. Simply because she's a pop artist and she gets a lot of input from producers. Plus her music is suppose to rape the radio. When you write a pop song that's suppose to surpass "Poker Face" & "Bad Romance", A suppose Gay anthem that will change the world. This song comes in pretty flat.

Shakira's "She wolf" is much more of a unique gay anthem. I was expecting that same factor with "Born This way". But I got a "rip off" of a "rip off" of a "rip off" by Lady Gaga.

Welcome to the Pop Music Industry.
Offline Aj  
#9 Posted : 14 February 2011 08:48:19(UTC)
Aj

Man

Ahaha, well, it kind of does, if all the general American public is exposed to is shit like Modestep and mainstream dubstep songs, that's what dubstep will be seen as. But obviously American people don't have less of a capacity to understand dubstep :L I just didn't think the US public was as exposed to decent dubstep as the UK is.

Sorry, that's a bit more of an older example, but seeing as the genre's only really emerged in the past ten years it's kind of difficult to give an example of 'old school' dubstep, but because of the internet and crap it seems like any decent emerging genre turns out to be something that's used and abused and crapped on until someone like Lada Gaga or other pop musicians come out with a 'dubstep' tune of their own. But I don't really care I don't even like dubstep that much, just felt like writing something.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 14 February 2011 08:51:53(UTC)
Famouss7x7

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Both singles suck ass. But I do prefer Britney's. But I'm more disappointed in Britney than I am with Gaga. Simply because Britney, worked with Dr.luke once again. I think she should try someone else for a change.

I do respect that Lady Gaga wrote the single "Solely" (probably bullshit). But let's just say she did. I think that was a huge mistake on her behalf. Simply because she's a pop artist and she gets a lot of input from producers. Plus her music is suppose to rape the radio. When you write a pop song that's suppose to surpass "Poker Face" & "Bad Romance", A suppose Gay anthem that will change the world. This song comes in pretty flat.

Shakira's "She wolf" is much more of a unique gay anthem. I was expecting that same factor with "Born This way". But I got a "rip off" of a "rip off" of a "rip off" by Lady Gaga.

I wasn't exactly surprised in Britney because she usually doesn't push boundaries, but she did surprise me with HIAM, its a good song, I just always want more from Britney and she usually does fall flat. But hey, that's Britney for ya.

I feel like Lady Gaga went into the studio looking to make just that, an anthem. Nothing too special just a club track that will blaze all the Gay nightclubs, hey that's fine but she did forget about the fans who know her for her music, not her love for gays. Either way I agree that she really did fall flat.

And with Shakira, I loved She Wolf, great song. She never really got the respect here in the U.S that I feel she deserves -___-
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

#11 Posted : 14 February 2011 08:56:51(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Famouss7x7 wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

I wasn't exactly surprised in Britney because she usually doesn't push boundaries, but she did surprise me with HIAM, its a good song, I just always want more from Britney and she usually does fall flat. But hey, that's Britney for ya.

I feel like Lady Gaga went into the studio looking to make just that, an anthem. Nothing too special just a club track that will blaze all the Gay nightclubs, hey that's fine but she did forget about the fans who know her for her music, not her love for gays. Either way I agree that she really did fall flat.

And with Shakira, I loved She Wolf, great song. She never really got the respect here in the U.S that I feel she deserves -___-

If "Toxic", "I'm a Slave 4 U" and "Gimme More", didn't do you justice.............Errr.

Let me stop, I'm taking the piss, everyone has an opinion lol
Offline Famouss7x7  
#12 Posted : 14 February 2011 09:07:09(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Let me make a correction then, in her last 2 albums. Circus and Blackout I expected more. Gimme More.. Great club track but all in all it was a VERY lagging song. I love Britney and I'm usually the sole one defending her but imo Gimme More was wasn't her best. Toxic, amazing. This was before the two albums and Britney was really in her prime with Toxic and Slave. But lately, in her last era with Circus, I felt like the album could have been much better and Brittany often didnt seem "there". Aside from Womanizer, Out From Under, and Shattered Glass.. when I listened to a track, it was almost like she didn't wanna make the music. Blackout also, she didn't seem all there, she had catchy club tracks but the album didn't really have depth, don't get me wrong I think she's an icon and people don't give her, her respect but lately I'm just tired of giving her the benefit of the doubt
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline ang3licd3vil  
#13 Posted : 14 February 2011 09:07:22(UTC)
ang3licd3vil

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 959 time(s) in 483 post(s)
its express yourself with vogue mixed in mash up not what i was expecting from the supposed queen of originality and alejandro was ace of base lol
My Acts

Tragic R'N'B Diva R.I.P

Original Best Baddest Bitch Around

#14 Posted : 14 February 2011 09:25:19(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Famouss7x7 wrote:
Let me make a correction then, in her last 2 albums. Circus and Blackout I expected more. Gimme More.. Great club track but all in all it was a VERY lagging song. I love Britney and I'm usually the sole one defending her but imo Gimme More was wasn't her best. Toxic, amazing. This was before the two albums and Britney was really in her prime with Toxic and Slave. But lately, in her last era with Circus, I felt like the album could have been much better and Brittany often didnt seem "there". Aside from Womanizer, Out From Under, and Shattered Glass.. when I listened to a track, it was almost like she didn't wanna make the music. Blackout also, she didn't seem all there, she had catchy club tracks but the album didn't really have depth, don't get me wrong I think she's an icon and people don't give her, her respect but lately I'm just tired of giving her the benefit of the doubt

I disagree. Blackout stands for itself. It's a well put together and produced POP album. I don't think the album was meant to have depth. I mean what Britney album has had depth?
Gimme More is a timeless record. But that just plainly comes to opinion. "It's Britney Bitch". I just can't get over that line.

Britney Spear's Circus is the worst Britney album, right after "Oops!...I did it Again".

The only tracks I think are ok as of now off Circus are "Unusual You", "If you seek Amy" (should of been on blackout), "Circus" "mannequin".

"Radar"was Ripped off from Blackout. So that was so pointless.

Britney is a huge puppet. But something about her, just draws me in.

Any who, say what you have to say, then let's get back on topic. Were actually breaking the rules lol

Edited by user 14 February 2011 09:27:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Famouss7x7  
#15 Posted : 14 February 2011 09:30:54(UTC)
Famouss7x7

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Famouss7x7 wrote:

I disagree. Blackout stands for itself. It's a well put together and produced POP album. I don't think the album was meant to have depth. I mean what Britney album has had depth?
Gimme More is a timeless record. But that just plainly comes to opinion. "It's Britney Bitch". I just can't get over that line.

Britney Spear's Circus is the worst Britney album, right after "Oops!...I did it Again".

The only tracks I think are ok as of now off Circus are "Unusual You", "If you seek Amy" (should of been on blackout), "Circus" "mannequin".

"Radar"was Ripped off from Blackout. So that was so pointless.

Britney is a huge puppet. But something about her, just draws me in.

Any who, say what you have to say, then let's get back on topic. Were actually breaking the rules lol

Oooopppps! Lol but yeah that's all. But either way, I'm disappointed in Gaga.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Ronny Rocken  
#16 Posted : 15 February 2011 20:38:06(UTC)
Ronny Rocken

Could it be Express yourself by Madonna you talk about? I can hear the whole last part of it in Gaga's Born this way (there's another madonna song in this one too that I can't name yet). Even if I don't listen alot to Gaga, I must say it was disapointing. Not cause it was different than her earlier stuff. But cause if I didn't knew who it was, I would most likely have mistaken it for Madonna.

Edited by user 15 February 2011 20:40:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#17 Posted : 16 February 2011 08:37:58(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Aj wrote:
Ahaha, well, it kind of does, if all the general American public is exposed to is shit like Modestep and mainstream dubstep songs, that's what dubstep will be seen as. But obviously American people don't have less of a capacity to understand dubstep :L I just didn't think the US public was as exposed to decent dubstep as the UK is.

Sorry, that's a bit more of an older example, but seeing as the genre's only really emerged in the past ten years it's kind of difficult to give an example of 'old school' dubstep, but because of the internet and crap it seems like any decent emerging genre turns out to be something that's used and abused and crapped on until someone like Lada Gaga or other pop musicians come out with a 'dubstep' tune of their own. But I don't really care I don't even like dubstep that much, just felt like writing something.

I don't know, you're making dubstep sound nationalist, if any Genre is going to be nationalist then it's going to be Jazz and the USA.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY